NATION

PASSWORD

The World of Grided War. 00C Explanation.

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

The World of Grided War. 00C Explanation.

Postby Texkentuck » Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Hello fellow nation states players. I'm trying to add a new flavor to international incidents by using the nation states Calculator. The purpose of the statistics is to keep rp fair and to keep god-modding to a minimum. In placing ones nation in a grid it's to roll-play troop movement. Also this will make it just like in real war time and space can be used as ones whose weakers advantage or it could turn into their worse disadvantage because of their lack of strategy. The grid can also help nations who are weak win against larger militaries because of the lack of strategy.

How do I play grided war play with statistics?
First in setting up for grided war play it's important to have a nation that will be the platform of war or an ocean. Or multiple nations in grided war play to simulate troop movement across a nation.

First, How many people have played the game battleship. It's basically the same but in my grided war play you see all of the movements and it's not a game of guessing where the enemy troops are. It's to simulate troop movement. Also re-read the first paragraph to understand the essence of the grid.

First it must be understood that some nations are stronger than other in force and it's always been that way for real since the beginning of time. Nation states is a great game which is for the purpose of all of us extending our immagination to make great rp and to make our nations economically strong etc. Capitalist/communist/fun nations that don't care and just make their nations however and that's cool. It has also given us the capacity to rp and create. The game has given us a Nation States Calculator to use for serious rp. But no where has the game simulated troop movement. I want to make troop movement and strategy with the calculator which will extend rp. But want to make it in which it's easy to post and the hardest part is just setting up with calculation. But the movement is made easy.

First Please Look at this simple grid I've created-

How to find the placement of the X?

X is in columns C and column 4. You find x by seeing which 2 columns cross in letter and number.

Once you understand how to find X now you understand a quarter of the roll-play.
Second, You need to understand for this rp you need to find your total troop count in the NS calculator.
http://www.broomdces.com/nseconomy/

Third, it's important to understand how should I use this number. This number is the total head count of your nations military.
In rp if you place 1000 troops in a square you must subtract 1000 from the total troop count.
In rp if you place a tank a tank counts as 2 or 3 troops because "Most tanks have a driver, loader and gunner. Do to technology some tanks just have a driver and gunner". So you must subtract that from the total. Most aircraft have 2 pilots so you must subtract 2 from the total troop count.

Fourth Lets pretend X isn't X anymore in that grid. You want to rp placing troops in square X.
You would say on your defensive map which is the map of your nation in setting up defensive- I'm placing 1000 troops with 1000 tanks in C4.
Using the example above 85,989,150 is the total head count of troops.
You know 1000 troops is 1000 soldiers so you subtract 1000 from 85,989,150 which brings your troop count to 85,988,150.
You know the new total troop count you have left to place on your defensive map or onto the enemy map is 85,988,150.
You also wanted to place 1000 tanks with your troops.
It gets tricky-
Ask how many troops do you need to manage 1000 tanks in battle?
You know that one tank has a crew of 3. A driver, gunner, and loader. All 1000 tanks needs a crew.
So- do 3X1000= 3,000
Subtract 3,000 from 85,988,150
new total troop count= 85,985,150.
Now you know that in Square C4 you've place 1000 troops with 1000 tanks and you have 85,985,150 troops left to place either on the defensive or an enemies map.

Above states how to find calculation- Have questions message Texkentuck and please ask.

Now this is how we play the game of the grid war with a roll-play scenario-
[box]
Roll play set up.
First, send the map of your region to the host.
Second, the host in the actual In Character roll play will place your map in a grid.
Third, Copy the code and Using the squares choose wherever you want to place troops and subtract your troop count down in placements until you arrive to a number you want to use as troops to place in invasion on the enemy map. Unlike the enemy map on your map you can put your troops or naval ships in any square.

Formula for subtracting from total troop count-
1 soldier subtract 1 from total troopcount.
1 tank subtract 4 from total troop count.
1 battleship subtract 2,700 from total troop count
1 Aircraft Carrier subtract 7,000 from total troop count
1 hum-v subtract 4 from total troop count
Keep in mind as you subtract one from troop count the troop count number changes as shown above.....

How do I place troops on my defensive map?
Using a map of Texkentuck will show you how to set up a defensive.

I want to set up troops on my map in dominion square.
Dominion Square is in G11
I know my total troop count is 85,989,150.
I want to place 20,000 troops/125 tanks
I subtract 20,000 from 85,989,150
I need to find how many troops will be in 125 tanks. So I do 125 x 4 which = 500 so 500 troops will be the total of the headcount in all 125 tanks.
85,989,150 - 20,000- 500= The new troop count which is 85,968,650-
The new troop count is the number of troops you have left to place on the grid or to choose to use as an offensive force.
You keep subtracting and placing troops on your defensive grid until you have them all in squares.

Nation Name: Texkentuck
Troops in each square with cordinance: In square G11 have 20,000 troops with 125 tanks which brought my troop count to 85,968,650.
You continue placing troops in squares until you arrive to the troop count you intend to attack the enemy with in the first start of war. As the game progresses using the rules of grid movement troops will move from square to square from defensive to possibly being used in the offensive map of the enemy.

Both sides in set up have their maps set up with a defensive and offensive. This is where strategy comes into play.
Each day your nation in roll play will make movements across the grid once a day.

So When your navy enters another players map they can't just go to the land area of your nation that's in a square unless it's two squares into the map which in rp wont be to make the roll play fair. Ships can move 3 squares a day on a defensive or offensive map.
So on day 1 I place on my defensive map an Aircraft carrier in H3 that means I can only record the ship moving two squares in which ever direction.
Ground troops on foot can only move one recorded square a day.
In war militaries rely on satellites and word of mouth from the ground forces to know where the enemy is. To simulate each player will record which grids squares they move. When one party notices first that they have entered the square of an enemy they make the first rp attack. Depending on how defended that square is the probability of the force on defense to win. Lets say 1000 troops and 200 tanks attack an enemy square of 1000 troops and 200 tanks. In rp and what the players say can have an entertaining outcome. Keep in my jets can travel a total of 7 squares and a defensive player can do 3 airstrikes only per day. If he has rp'd 2 airstrikes and has one left to use he may. Also if their is a carrior 7 squares away or an airbase that he said had 500 jets he can rp an attack to that square by that defense. It's all about the immagination/numbers and mature discussion. Defending is easier than attacking. In the game to make it like real war the roll play will allow for up to 10 c-130's to parashute troops into a square. How many troops are on a c-130. That number would be 72 fully equiped troops in our rp. You could rp we are stealthly parachuting 72 onto your capital. Our c-130 can't be picked up by radar and the rp begins.

I hope this explains how to do grid warfare and to use statistics. It's kinda like numbers with the game dungens and dragons but we are using it based off our total number and rp. As troops are simulated dead. Both teams should try to keep in mind how many troops they rp killing on each side by recording in the rp. Once a military is depleted you have a hell of a rp and a losing force. One hell of a story.

If you have questions please ask this is what I'll be creating. When I create the actual map for rp. It will be set up for all nations to use. Just invite a nation to war and copy and paste where I tell you and do the calculations step by step. On the actual rp. I want to try to explain what each nation needs to do step by step for equally strategic war. If you rp nukes each side can decide how many squares in diameter can be nuked and how far a nuke can travel. Also make it interesting by stating rather one side has can enter the zone after being nuked and say those squares are off limit for movement which will make the rp movement in squares smaller. Record all moves in the rp. It won't be possible sometimes to know when troops cross but sometimes in war enemies cross each other and never know. This can be a hell of a roll-play

Also one rule- Don't get too tangled up on technicality at times and keep moving forward across grided squares. To win you must follow the rules of movement, the rules of defense in a nation, and be very imaginative with some smart calculations and placements to make a good stance to win in a battle.
Last edited by Texkentuck on Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to International Incidents