NATION

PASSWORD

Cricket - Regional T20 Cup [Sign Ups - UNITED KINGDOM ONLY]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Drehda
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Cricket - Regional T20 Cup [Sign Ups - UNITED KINGDOM ONLY]

Postby Drehda » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:49 am

Regional T20 Challenge Cup

Only Participants From The Region of United Kingdom

Welcome to the sign up thread for the inaugural edition of the Regional T20 Cup for the United Kingdom.

"Hail, cricket! Glorious, manly, British Game!
First of all Sports! be first alike in Fame."

So said James Love to open Cricket: An Heroic Poem written way back in 1744. While Mr Love probably wouldn't recognise the modern game with it's zinger bails and power plays, he would surely recognise the love and passion for the sound of leather on willow which unites many of us across the United Kingdom and indeed across the globe. Passionate fans across the region have been clamouring for the chance to see their national heros do battle out in the middle to establish six hitting and wicket taking supremcy and today marks the realisation of that dream. The announcement of a mens international T20 competition open to any nation who is a member of United Kingdom. Anyone who registers their interest in this thread will be entered into a pan-regional competition to compete for the David Fitzwilliam Memorial Trophy - named after the recently deceased founder of Drehda's National Cricket Board. If there is sufficient interest, a women's competition may well run at some point in the near future.

OOC:-

To sign up, simply post in this thread with a message signalling your interest and a 15 man squad + Head Coach including name, age and match role of each player

Example:

HC: Chris Coacher, 57 y/o

1. Andy Average (21 y/o, captain, batsman, LHB, ROS)
2. Billy Basic (33 y/o, wicket keeper, RBH, RM)
3. Charlie Casual (27 y/o, all-rounder, LHB, LMF)
4. Danny Diddles (28 y/o, bowler, RHB, RF)
5. Eddie Eggface (24 y/o, bowler, LHB, SLA)

etc etc etc so on and so forth for a full squad. Composition of your squad is up to you, but it would help rp later on if you try to keep a semi realistic balance so please don't pick 14 left arm leg spinners and a wicket keeper! Please also make your team fictional and creative, don't just pick Ben Stokes and David Warner and Ravi Ashwin, this is for your NS nation's greatest stars!

I'd also encourage everyone to design their own national kit! This is a T20 competition so razz-a-ma-tazz is king. Even if your team is bundled out in the first round they can do so in style! Websites such as https://seriouscricket.co.uk/serious/team-kit-builder/ or https://www.samurai-sports.com/pages/ki ... ns-cricket let you design a one day kit for free so just screenshot your results and post them up with your entry!

I'm currently modelling a competition formed of two groups of four with two qualifiers progressing to semi finals then finals, but this will be reviewed and adjusted if there is an unforeseen level of interest. If we end up with too few teams to make even groups, I will throw in a few dummy teams such as Drehda B or Drehda U-23s to make up the number and then ensure that they are dumped out in the first round.

As this competition has been my idea, I'm currently proposing to act as host and game master but I'm not able to make any promises as to when this will get started / be finished due to real life commitments. If you would like to be a deputy host in case I need someone to post results in my absence, please mention so in your sign up and I will vet you through the regional admins.

Any questions or ideas, drop them here or telegram me directly! I will also cross post to the RMB and discord.

Drehda
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Drehda » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:37 am

Drehda Men's National Team Squad

HC: Andrew Summers, 48 y/o.

1. Lars Schumacher - 31 y/o, bowler (LHB, RF)
2. Rickard Von Trest - 33 y/o, bowler (LHB, RFM)
3. Mark Brooks - 26 y/o, batsman (RHB, ROS)
4. Anil Chopra - 27 y/o, batsman (LHB, ROS)
5. Sachin Kapoor - 25 y/o, all rounder (RHB, RMF)
6. John Maxwell - 26 y/o, batsman / wicketkeeper (RHB, RM)
7. Carlos Croft - 22 y/o batsman (LHB, SLA)
8. Bryce Simpson - 28 y/o, all rounder (RHB, RLS)
9. Tom Hunter - 34 y/o, all rounder (RHB, RMF)
10. Dexter Reed - 31 y/o, batsman / wicketkeeper (LHB, SLA)
11. Ricardo Cartwright - 24 y/o batsman (RHB, RM)
12. Andrew Castle - 27 y/o, batsman (RHB, RM)
13. Zubair Khan - 23 y/o, bowler (LHB, LFM)
14. Michael Dawes - 29 y/o, bowler (LBH, ROS)
15. Ian Miller - 24 y/o, bowler (LHB, SLA)

National Kit: Image
picture and video sharing sites
Last edited by Drehda on Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drehda
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Drehda » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 am

Thread closed due to nobody from United Kingdom bothering to get involved.

Return to NS Sports