NATION

PASSWORD

Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Scardino
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:45 am

It seems that there is a broader message to this operation. Allow me to explain.

Raiding, like a well-crafted charcuterie board, is an art form. It's the prosciutto-wrapped figs, the aged gouda, and the briny olives. It’s the unexpected combinations that titillate the palate. It’s far more than the sum of its parts. Crashers in general are the sommeliers of chaos, selecting just the right moments to strike. Their moves are calculated, their timing impeccable. They savor the thrill of infiltrating enemy lines, unraveling defenses, and leaving behind a trail of intrigue.

Picture a clandestine meeting in a dimly lit speakeasy. Crashers exchange coded messages, their eyes gleaming with mischief. They slip through the cracks, bypassing firewalls, and infiltrate the heart of the enemy stronghold. It's a delicate dance, a tango of deception and audacity. The savory notes of victory linger on their tongues, a symphony of adrenaline and accomplishment.

Defending, on the other hand, is a little sweet. It’s akin to a warm slice of cake. It's the comforting affirmation of birthdays, the aroma of sugar and nostalgia. Defenders rally around their kitchen tables, marshaling their forces with mutual reassurance. Their tactics may lack the flair of raiders, but they possess a vain resilience, an unsophisticated sweetness that endures.

Imagine an exhausted mother’s kitchen: the worn wooden table, the flour-dusted apron, and a misshapen cake that turned out a little dry. Defenders fortify their walls, patching breaches and imperfections with icing and unquestioning obedience. There's no glamour here, no cloak-and-dagger theatrics. Just the simple act of safeguarding what matters most: the feeling of acceptance, maternal love, their incoherent ideals, their slice of NationStates.

The true experience of crashing is like the perfect martini. It mirrors the dichotomy we've explored. One shot of gin, the boldness of raiding, the juniper-laden adventure. One shot of vodka, the simple vision of defending, the tasteless purity of purpose. A teaspoon of dry vermouth—the delicate balance between risk and reward.

But it's the shaking, the vigorous, icy whirl, that transforms this elixir. As the gin and vodka collide, the botanical flavors of crashing bloom. The adversity and chill fractures their resolve, allowing vulnerability to seep in. And isn't that what update is all about?
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Cormactopia II - God damn it Scardino
Drachen - god damnit scar
Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Anerastreia - Scar so racist
Liliarchy - you evil evil man
Xoriet - You're adorable, Scar
Altino - Scar, I think I love you
Lamb Stone - Scardino knows I <3 him.
Severisen - Scar is the Rod Stewart of raiding
Roavin - Scardino has a sexy voice.
Biyah - so, I dearly love Scardino, he rocks my nuts
Lost - you're hulk mixed with tony stark
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

Merien
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Merien » Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:47 am

Good job. Bas commends Lone Wolves United.
Merien!!!

Hate is bad, love is good, spread peace across your neighbourhood!

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:50 pm

Scardino wrote:It seems that there is a broader message to this operation. Allow me to explain.

Raiding, like a well-crafted charcuterie board, is an art form. It's the prosciutto-wrapped figs, the aged gouda, and the briny olives. It’s the unexpected combinations that titillate the palate. It’s far more than the sum of its parts. Crashers in general are the sommeliers of chaos, selecting just the right moments to strike. Their moves are calculated, their timing impeccable. They savor the thrill of infiltrating enemy lines, unraveling defenses, and leaving behind a trail of intrigue.

Picture a clandestine meeting in a dimly lit speakeasy. Crashers exchange coded messages, their eyes gleaming with mischief. They slip through the cracks, bypassing firewalls, and infiltrate the heart of the enemy stronghold. It's a delicate dance, a tango of deception and audacity. The savory notes of victory linger on their tongues, a symphony of adrenaline and accomplishment.

Defending, on the other hand, is a little sweet. It’s akin to a warm slice of cake. It's the comforting affirmation of birthdays, the aroma of sugar and nostalgia. Defenders rally around their kitchen tables, marshaling their forces with mutual reassurance. Their tactics may lack the flair of raiders, but they possess a vain resilience, an unsophisticated sweetness that endures.

Imagine an exhausted mother’s kitchen: the worn wooden table, the flour-dusted apron, and a misshapen cake that turned out a little dry. Defenders fortify their walls, patching breaches and imperfections with icing and unquestioning obedience. There's no glamour here, no cloak-and-dagger theatrics. Just the simple act of safeguarding what matters most: the feeling of acceptance, maternal love, their incoherent ideals, their slice of NationStates.

The true experience of crashing is like the perfect martini. It mirrors the dichotomy we've explored. One shot of gin, the boldness of raiding, the juniper-laden adventure. One shot of vodka, the simple vision of defending, the tasteless purity of purpose. A teaspoon of dry vermouth—the delicate balance between risk and reward.

But it's the shaking, the vigorous, icy whirl, that transforms this elixir. As the gin and vodka collide, the botanical flavors of crashing bloom. The adversity and chill fractures their resolve, allowing vulnerability to seep in. And isn't that what update is all about?

raiding is like a well crafted charcuterie board that you then slam into someone elses face and laugh "shoulda been looking"
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Warden-Lieutenant, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Chef Big Dog
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Chef Big Dog » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:09 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:raiding is like a well crafted charcuterie board that you then slam into someone elses face and laugh "shoulda been looking"

yes
Lone Wolves United - Hearts and Minds
Proud Griefer

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:14 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:raiding is like a well crafted charcuterie board that you then slam into someone elses face and laugh "shoulda been looking"

Spoken like someone who didn’t see it coming.

Also, props for entirely sidestepping the overarching point about the martini.

You should probably stick to eating cake.
Last edited by Scardino on Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar
Cain - Scar restrains himself quite significantly on NS and is still known far and wide for his antics.
Biyah - God help us from Fedele bringing back the old ways. The current level of inept is just fine, thanks

Merien
Spokesperson

Postby Merien » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:02 pm

More like a whoopie cushion sometimes.
Merien!!!

Hate is bad, love is good, spread peace across your neighbourhood!

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:19 pm

Scardino wrote:

raiding is like a martini that you spill on someones elses head and laugh "shoulda been looking"
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Warden-Lieutenant, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

Rosartemis
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Rosartemis » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:
Scardino wrote:

raiding is like a martini that you spill on someones elses head and laugh "shoulda been looking"

u snooze u lose
........A S T O R I A........
UNITIUM GLORIA
...OPHANIM AND SERAPH ...
... LADY GRANDMASTER ...
OF THE CELESTIAL ORDER
OF THE RADIANT CAVALRY
MY POSITIONS || RAIDER STATS || OOC STUFF || CITIZENSHIPS
Trans Rights are Human Rights! You are accepted, don't forget that <3

Also known as Ionaris / Rosacorp
STUFF I'VE DONE

DOWN WITH FASCISM ☮︎ FIGHT THE FAR RIGHT

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:17 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:raiding is like a martini that you spill on someones elses head and laugh "shoulda been looking"

I would never waste liquor on a nerd.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar

Aleena
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 22, 2022

Postby Aleena » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:09 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:
Scardino wrote:

One doing such a thing would be committing a grave sin against the gods. Such senseless destruction of a piece of art would be a direct violation of the laws that have been laid down by our prophets. Thus, given the increasing evidence that the leaders of raiderdom are the true messengers of the gods (while defenders prove more and more to be the worst of apostates) it is clear that your comparison must be inaccurate.
Perhaps better known as Wascoitan or Aleena Connolly
she/her

Varanius
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 18, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Varanius » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 pm

We accept your defeat, defenders
Last edited by Varanius on Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Guardian of the West Pacific
Author of SC#401
Gameplays Most Popular

Angeloid Astraea wrote:I can't think of anyone that creates controversy out of nothing better than you!
Excidium Planetis wrote:Yeah, if you could enlighten me as to why you're such an asshole, that would be great.
Koth wrote:Vara is such a dedicated hater, it's impressive
Mlakhavia wrote:Vara isn't a gameplay personality, he's a concentrated ball of spite

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:51 pm

The martini enjoyers of Lone Wolves United have survived yet another tense update, comrades! We fought valiantly against all 0 defenders that showed up, making for a truly epic battle. Indeed, we watched with dread as a whopping two defenders joined the World Assembly in Artificial Solar System, and then proceeded not to endorse one another. We have to congratulate Defenders on this tactical stroke of genius, for there is no way we could have seen it coming that they'd give up before the Liberation's even passed. You'd think we'd kind of get used to disappointment after various updates of increasingly sad attempts, but the fact we didn't even get a token attrition run admittedly gave us mixed feelings. We wholeheartedly encourage Defenders to buy a pack of Wolfpack to help them get over their performance issues, so that next time we might not get such a flaccid response.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

Chef Big Dog
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Chef Big Dog » Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:54 pm

I'm Chef Big Dog and I approve this message.
Proud Griefer

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:39 pm

I’m not saying all fendas are marsupials but it’s established fact that all marsupials are fendas.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar

Omphalos
Attaché

Founded: Jul 21, 2021
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Omphalos » Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:22 pm

Has anyone else received a telegram attempting to poach them from LWU or TWP over the current operation?
Queer Christian trapped in the South, she/her

Fahran wrote:Jewish people do not have to be Zionists. Just as black people do not have to support the Voting Rights Act, trans people can be upset about Easter falling on TDOV, and indigenous people do not have to support treaty rights. Is it contrary to the collective interests of the group they belong to? Absolutely.

^
Let me put mods on my foe list dangit, I'm tired of nonsense like this

Fuck Zionism, Free Palestine

Chef Big Dog
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Chef Big Dog » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:45 am

With the passage of the 500th ever SC resolution, Lone Wolves United and our friends in the West Pacific Armed Forces and Carcassonne have decided it was time to move on to greener pastures. We’d like to thank Defenders for the free badge, for if they hadn’t submitted it we’d have left after Monday major when the Liberation passed, but we decided we couldn’t miss the chance of receiving SCR#500. Cheers!

With the operation concluded, we’d like to take the opportunity to reflect a bit on the occupation. With 107 endorsements at its peak, 57 of which were from LWU, the operation was a grand success.

We can’t of course take all of the credit for this grand success, we of course have to thank and provide a round of applause to our defender friends for aiding us at every single turn. Let’s go over everything they did to help:
  • Refusing to pile the region despite repeated inquiries from the natives in the months leading up to submission of the repeal;
  • Refusing to pile the region during the repeal, despite everyone noting it was bound to be hit;
  • Failing (refusing?) to endorse the native Delegate despite having all the numbers necessary and a full 15 seconds to do it;
  • Continuing to vote for the Repeal after we’d already held the place for 12 hours and the Repeal was bound to pass at major’s start;
  • Staring somewhat stupidly at the password that just kicked back in, that we, of course, had foreseen and planned for;
  • Passing a second Liberation to replace the one they’d just gotten rid of;
  • Getting the password, invalidating any need for a new Liberation, and still failing to muster more than like 30 updaters;
  • Dropping the siege entirely because they… couldn’t jump on two regions in one update? Most of the updates they didn’t even jump on any;
  • Failing to reach out to natives for consent prior to submitting and then forcing an injunction to vote, even though the natives had just given them the regional password;
  • Trying to kill their own resolution that they got to vote without native consent, and then failing to do so;

Bravo, libcord! We see you’ve finally internalized what our motto For Your Protection truly means with your determination to see those natives crushed, you’re no longer just plagiarizing it, you’re living it!

Lone Wolves United - We Invade Because We Care
Proud Griefer

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:50 am

When they send defenders, they aren’t sending their best.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar

The Germans Of Berlin
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 01, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Germans Of Berlin » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:09 pm

We couldn’t have done this without the fendas!

The Germans Of Berlin
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 01, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Germans Of Berlin » Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:09 pm

We couldn’t have done this without the fendas!

Rosartemis
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Rosartemis » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:52 pm

Clearly this is another landslide Defender Victory, never change, Libcord!
........A S T O R I A........
UNITIUM GLORIA
...OPHANIM AND SERAPH ...
... LADY GRANDMASTER ...
OF THE CELESTIAL ORDER
OF THE RADIANT CAVALRY
MY POSITIONS || RAIDER STATS || OOC STUFF || CITIZENSHIPS
Trans Rights are Human Rights! You are accepted, don't forget that <3

Also known as Ionaris / Rosacorp
STUFF I'VE DONE

DOWN WITH FASCISM ☮︎ FIGHT THE FAR RIGHT

Hyperwolf
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Hyperwolf » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:37 pm

Those were some very exciting updates waiting for defenders to jump. :rofl:
Hyperwolf
Cherbi - Lone Wolves United
Stay Hydrated
Top 100 in Cards

Vleerian
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2022
Corporate Police State

Postby Vleerian » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:51 am

Chef Big Dog wrote: - snip -

Keeping up with the reports that came out of this op has been great, and I can't wait to see what the wolves cook up next!
Vleerian - Also known as Aurum Rider
Cretox State wrote:“We treat your shipment like it’s ours!”

Creator of FATTKatt

Rudastan
Attaché

Founded: Jul 18, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Rudastan » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:43 am

Who knew defenders could be so helpful? Usually, it's the other way around.
Evil raider, procrastinating issue author, lazy card farmer.

|

this is where a quote is supposed to come in, right?

Scardino
Spokesperson

Father Knows Best State

Postby Scardino » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:06 pm

As the sun sets on another year, we gather to commemorate the remarkable journey of Lone Wolves United. In April of 2005, I founded LWU with nothing but stolen content, some adderall, and a dream. From these humble beginnings to the present day, this legendary crasher region has left an indelible mark on the world of NationStates.

In the early days, Lone Wolves United emerged as a beacon of camaraderie and daring spirit. A handful of raiders, united by Evil Wolf around a love for chaos and adventure, forged the foundation of what would become an enduring force. Our audacity knew no bounds and LWU set forth to conquer regions with fervor.

The landscape of NationStates has evolved over the years. The battlegrounds shifted, alliances formed and dissolved, but Lone Wolves United stood resolute. Adaptability became our hallmark. We embraced new tactics, refined our strategies, and continued to sow chaos wherever we roamed.

There were victories that echoed across the forums, celebrations that reverberated through the RMB, and moments of triumph when Lone Wolves United's banner flew high and proud. But there were also setbacks—regions defended fiercely, operations thwarted, and losses mourned. Through it all, Lone Wolves United has persisted, undeterred.

Behind every raid, every dispatch, and every battle report, lie the unsung heroes—the rank and file members of Lone Wolves United. Their dedication, creativity, and unwavering loyalty have been the lifeblood of this region. From seasoned veterans to fresh recruits, each wolf contributes to the pack's strength.

Leadership also matters tremendously. Lone Wolves United has been fortunate to have visionary leaders who steered the ship through turbulent waters. Their strategic acumen, charisma, and commitment have kept the pack together.

Beyond the borders of NationStates, principled leadership is vital for society at large. Lone Wolves United recognizes this truth. That's why, on this momentous occasion, we proudly endorse Robert F. Kennedy Jr. for president. His unwavering dedication to justice, environmental stewardship, objective medical science, and human rights aligns with our values. Let us rally behind a leader who embodies integrity and compassion.
Last edited by Scardino on Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scardino
Alpha Emeritus - LWU

Syberis - Dammit Scar
Mall - fok u scar

God is kinda Gay
Civilian

Founded: Jan 15, 2023
Left-wing Utopia

Postby God is kinda Gay » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:18 pm

BIRTHDAY PARTY TIIIIIMEEEEEE
aka Icarus
(they/her)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay