NATION

PASSWORD

What If...? [Marvel Cinematic Universe-Based RP/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 pm

IC posted.

The Imperial Warglorian Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:30 pm

Toni's just wearing regular clothes right now, correct?
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FEDERATION OF ALLIES!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 am

The V O I D wrote:IC posted.

My new computer should be getting here this week so I should be able to post an app sometime soon.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:45 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Toni's just wearing regular clothes right now, correct?

Yeah.

Talchyon wrote:
The V O I D wrote:IC posted.

My new computer should be getting here this week so I should be able to post an app sometime soon.

Sounds good to me!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:30 am

WHAT IF...? CHARACTER APPLICATION:

Name: Was just Dr. Bruce Banner. Since he became the hybrid with Banner's mind and Hulk's strength, he just goes by Hulk or Prof. Hulk more often than not. Friends call him 'Bruce'.
Alias(es): The Hulk!
Age: It's all very confusing ever since the Hulk piloted a Quinjet into a time warp and ended up on an alien planet fighting in an arena against a former friend, Thor. Bruce knows he lost 2 years of time on Earth. He suspects he somehow aged a thousand years in that time. But, for all intents and purposes, Bruce appears to have the chemical and biological signs of being in his mid-40's.
Sex: male
Appearance: Since he became the hybrid, his appearance in and out of 'costume' is virtually the same. A huge, muscular green guy. This time with glasses and often a smile.

Personality: This version of Bruce Banner is laid-back, easy going, humorous, gentle, and intellectual. He still has his brute strength and can use it when needed. But he prefers to act like a gentle giant / teddy bear, with the mind of a top scholar and tech researcher.

Powers: Bruce has the following.

• Hulk physiology - Bruce's body is made for strength and endurance. From his arms to his legs, power ripples through Bruce's muscles.
  • Hulk Strength! - This is pretty obvious. Bruce is strong, as seen in the MCU movies.
  • Enhanced Intelligence - Bruce was never quite to the level of Tony Stark, but he could hold his own in a state of the art conceptual research tech facility.
  • Peak-plus human speed - While the Hulk will never be able to outrun the fastest, he can still run a little faster than normal. Of course, that might just be because his bigger legs take longer strides.
  • Thick Skin - Bruce doesn't get damaged as much by normal attacks. Gunshots to Bruce are like taking a baseball bat to a tank.
  • Supernatural Durability - (Maybe this ties in with the previous. But I had to include it because Hulk is literally the subject of the power in the picture they chose for this site).
  • Radiation Immunity - Due to the amount of gamma rays Bruce took in years back that brought about the Hulk, he is impervious to all kinds of gamma rays now. Likewise, not only is Bruce immune, but he might even get a little stronger because of it.
  • Supernatural Leap - Hulk can leap everywhere he goes if he wishes. Which isn't always bad, because there's little chance he'd fit in a random passing taxi.

Universe of Origin: This variation of Bruce / the Hulk is almost exactly like the one from the MCU, with one major exception. After the Avengers quantum-jumped using the Pym Particles into the past to retrieve the Infinity Stones, they all returned (save Black Widow who had died). There was an argument about who should try on the restored Infinity Gauntlet. When "Prof. Hulk", the new smart Bruce-Hulk hybrid, volunteered, he braced himself for any outcome... and paid the price.

Bruce died that day. The Infinity Gauntlet drained his life force and the Avengers could not pry it off of Bruce's hand. The power surging energy sapped even the strength of the Hulk and reduced him to a writhing, screaming wreck. As a result, the surge burned into his body, turning it all into a pile of black dust with only echoes of Bruce's whimpers. Which didn't help at all when the Nebula from the past doubled-crossed the Avengers, Thanos from the past came and the Endtime battle ensued. True to the script though, Thanos lost, the Avengers won, but neither Tony Stark nor Bruce Banner could be brought back...

Affiliation: Bruce is definitely a hero. Striving to no longer fall under the mindless destructive impulses of the raging beast he used to morph into, Bruce has learned through meditation and therapy a way to be in touch with the Hulk while at the same time retaining his own mind and personality. He was a proud, founding member of the Avengers and would still think of them as solid friends and contacts. A few others he has interacted with that are not Avengers would also be included, such as Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, the Wakandans, etc. The Guide chose Bruce for this team to give some muscle - and perhaps, an easy target for enemies to hit first...

Biography: Dr. Bruce Banner once worked for the Department of Defense on an experimental gamma bomb. Supervising the project, Banner sacrificed his own body to save the life of a youth caught out on the blast site. The bomb exploded, Banner's body soaked up an enormous amount of gamma rays, and a monster known as the Hulk emerged afterwards when Bruce got angry.

After some run-ins with governmental officials trying to capture the Hulk, and powerful opponents out for their own ends, Bruce went into hiding in Brazil. It was there he was recruited by the Black Widow to work for Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. Despite the Hulk's rage and several operational setbacks involving the monster's urge to smash, the Hulk redeemed himself by working with the newly formed Avengers in the takedown of an alien invasion over New York City.

Bruce / the Hulk became an integral part of the Avengers, both for Bruce's mind and the Hulk's brute force. After helping to create the robotic hero Vision and defeating Ultron, Bruce launched himself into space in a quinjet and was gone for a few years. Thor found the Hulk - and fought him - in a gladiator-type arena on Sakaar. Bringing the Hulk back to earth later, Bruce struggled with coaxing the raging Hulk monster out of himself. After the cataclysmic loss of half the world's population to Thanos in the Infinity War, Bruce relaxed, found a way to become one with the Hulk, and took on Bruce's mild and laid-back personality with the Hulk's strength and abilities. Professor Hulk was born. Finally, when Ant Man brought to the Avengers the idea of using the quantum realm to travel into the past and retrieve the Infinity Stones before Thanos could find them, Bruce helped organize the mission and was able to even retrieve the Time Stone from the past. When it came time to test out the new robotic version of the Infinity Gauntlet that Tony Stark had designed, there was only one choice Bruce could make. He was the strongest, he would do it.

And it cost him his life.

RP Sample: We have RP'd together. It's been a while. Check out this one that we used to do together here. I should bring this back sometime...
DO NOT REMOVE: #AGuideToSaveYou
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:55 pm

Talchyon wrote:
WHAT IF...? CHARACTER APPLICATION:

Name: Was just Dr. Bruce Banner. Since he became the hybrid with Banner's mind and Hulk's strength, he just goes by Hulk or Prof. Hulk more often than not. Friends call him 'Bruce'.
Alias(es): The Hulk!
Age: It's all very confusing ever since the Hulk piloted a Quinjet into a time warp and ended up on an alien planet fighting in an arena against a former friend, Thor. Bruce knows he lost 2 years of time on Earth. He suspects he somehow aged a thousand years in that time. But, for all intents and purposes, Bruce appears to have the chemical and biological signs of being in his mid-40's.
Sex: male
Appearance: Since he became the hybrid, his appearance in and out of 'costume' is virtually the same. A huge, muscular green guy. This time with glasses and often a smile.

Personality: This version of Bruce Banner is laid-back, easy going, humorous, gentle, and intellectual. He still has his brute strength and can use it when needed. But he prefers to act like a gentle giant / teddy bear, with the mind of a top scholar and tech researcher.

Powers: Bruce has the following.

• Hulk physiology - Bruce's body is made for strength and endurance. From his arms to his legs, power ripples through Bruce's muscles.
  • Hulk Strength! - This is pretty obvious. Bruce is strong, as seen in the MCU movies.
  • Enhanced Intelligence - Bruce was never quite to the level of Tony Stark, but he could hold his own in a state of the art conceptual research tech facility.
  • Peak-plus human speed - While the Hulk will never be able to outrun the fastest, he can still run a little faster than normal. Of course, that might just be because his bigger legs take longer strides.
  • Thick Skin - Bruce doesn't get damaged as much by normal attacks. Gunshots to Bruce are like taking a baseball bat to a tank.
  • Supernatural Durability - (Maybe this ties in with the previous. But I had to include it because Hulk is literally the subject of the power in the picture they chose for this site).
  • Radiation Immunity - Due to the amount of gamma rays Bruce took in years back that brought about the Hulk, he is impervious to all kinds of gamma rays now. Likewise, not only is Bruce immune, but he might even get a little stronger because of it.
  • Supernatural Leap - Hulk can leap everywhere he goes if he wishes. Which isn't always bad, because there's little chance he'd fit in a random passing taxi.

Universe of Origin: This variation of Bruce / the Hulk is almost exactly like the one from the MCU, with one major exception. After the Avengers quantum-jumped using the Pym Particles into the past to retrieve the Infinity Stones, they all returned (save Black Widow who had died). There was an argument about who should try on the restored Infinity Gauntlet. When "Prof. Hulk", the new smart Bruce-Hulk hybrid, volunteered, he braced himself for any outcome... and paid the price.

Bruce died that day. The Infinity Gauntlet drained his life force and the Avengers could not pry it off of Bruce's hand. The power surging energy sapped even the strength of the Hulk and reduced him to a writhing, screaming wreck. As a result, the surge burned into his body, turning it all into a pile of black dust with only echoes of Bruce's whimpers. Which didn't help at all when the Nebula from the past doubled-crossed the Avengers, Thanos from the past came and the Endtime battle ensued. True to the script though, Thanos lost, the Avengers won, but neither Tony Stark nor Bruce Banner could be brought back...

Affiliation: Bruce is definitely a hero. Striving to no longer fall under the mindless destructive impulses of the raging beast he used to morph into, Bruce has learned through meditation and therapy a way to be in touch with the Hulk while at the same time retaining his own mind and personality. He was a proud, founding member of the Avengers and would still think of them as solid friends and contacts. A few others he has interacted with that are not Avengers would also be included, such as Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, the Wakandans, etc. The Guide chose Bruce for this team to give some muscle - and perhaps, an easy target for enemies to hit first...

Biography: Dr. Bruce Banner once worked for the Department of Defense on an experimental gamma bomb. Supervising the project, Banner sacrificed his own body to save the life of a youth caught out on the blast site. The bomb exploded, Banner's body soaked up an enormous amount of gamma rays, and a monster known as the Hulk emerged afterwards when Bruce got angry.

After some run-ins with governmental officials trying to capture the Hulk, and powerful opponents out for their own ends, Bruce went into hiding in Brazil. It was there he was recruited by the Black Widow to work for Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D. Despite the Hulk's rage and several operational setbacks involving the monster's urge to smash, the Hulk redeemed himself by working with the newly formed Avengers in the takedown of an alien invasion over New York City.

Bruce / the Hulk became an integral part of the Avengers, both for Bruce's mind and the Hulk's brute force. After helping to create the robotic hero Vision and defeating Ultron, Bruce launched himself into space in a quinjet and was gone for a few years. Thor found the Hulk - and fought him - in a gladiator-type arena on Sakaar. Bringing the Hulk back to earth later, Bruce struggled with coaxing the raging Hulk monster out of himself. After the cataclysmic loss of half the world's population to Thanos in the Infinity War, Bruce relaxed, found a way to become one with the Hulk, and took on Bruce's mild and laid-back personality with the Hulk's strength and abilities. Professor Hulk was born. Finally, when Ant Man brought to the Avengers the idea of using the quantum realm to travel into the past and retrieve the Infinity Stones before Thanos could find them, Bruce helped organize the mission and was able to even retrieve the Time Stone from the past. When it came time to test out the new robotic version of the Infinity Gauntlet that Tony Stark had designed, there was only one choice Bruce could make. He was the strongest, he would do it.

And it cost him his life.

RP Sample: We have RP'd together. It's been a while. Check out this one that we used to do together here. I should bring this back sometime...
DO NOT REMOVE: #AGuideToSaveYou

Looks good, Talc. Accepted.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Lots of scientists around here, gotta say
Call me Warg or Antic
Yeah, u do that and I’m gonna have to force u to pull a France, and then a Vichy-Wargloria, after one of his allies proposed pulling an Italy

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:09 am

The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Lots of scientists around here, gotta say

Well, lots of MCU heroes are scientists lol.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Warglorian Empire » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:52 am

The V O I D wrote:
The Imperial Warglorian Empire wrote:Lots of scientists around here, gotta say

Well, lots of MCU heroes are scientists lol.

Lol, fair enough
Call me Warg or Antic

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 am

just watched the What If episode, it seems this The Guide is also presentient

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:35 pm

Working on my next IC post, though I am kinda hoping for a few more players to join before then and to make their first posts.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:04 am

The V O I D wrote:Working on my next IC post, though I am kinda hoping for a few more players to join before then and to make their first posts.

Yeah, me too. I might have Bruce react to the new arrival before.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse