NATION

PASSWORD

Russian Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Found out the worlds best shooter is Maria Gushchina from Russia.

This on the best shooter. She speaks in English - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiAyY3S4QbQ
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Lady Victory
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Victory » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:50 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Indeed, trying to demonstrate that Russians are Slavs is a waste of time.

Only to ethnic nationalists with a chauvinist view of their eastern neighbors.

The rest of us are quite capable of accepting basic facts like the Earth being round and Russians being Slavs. It's amazing what you can do when you don't let ignorant prejudices and tribal grudges over historical events that never affected you influence your view of politics, genetics, and history. When you're ready to drop the historical negationism and ethnic supremacy you're free to join the rest of us in the world of non-cringe opinions.
☆ American Left-wing Nationalist and Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."
"Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
"Fascism is not to be debated, it is to be destroyed!"

She/Her - Call me Jenny or LV

Keira
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:09 am

Lady Victory wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Indeed, trying to demonstrate that Russians are Slavs is a waste of time.

Only to ethnic nationalists with a chauvinist view of their eastern neighbors.

The rest of us are quite capable of accepting basic facts like the Earth being round and Russians being Slavs. It's amazing what you can do when you don't let ignorant prejudices and tribal grudges over historical events that never affected you influence your view of politics, genetics, and history. When you're ready to drop the historical negationism and ethnic supremacy you're free to join the rest of us in the world of non-cringe opinions.

I mean, you can be all those things AND STILL accept the fact that Russians are Slavic. Take me - a Lithuanian who is also bitter about Russia and xenophobic towards Russians. I don't need to pretend that Russians aren't Slavic to be able to say something negative about them. There are many reasons to hate Russia or Russians for - them not being Slavic isn't one of them. Hell, if they were indeed Nordic or Finno-Germanic, I'd be less prejudice towards them.

Also, it's not fair to say Russia's past actions don't affect their neighbours' lives or politics. If it wasn't for Russia, my homeland would be as developed and successful as Finland is. If it wasn't for Russia, Baltic states wouldn't have the gopnik culture, prevalent toxic masculinity, high suicide rates, high alcoholism, prevalent Soviet mindset, etc. Poland would be similarly better off, too. So if NPU is indeed bitter about Russia, I completely understand.

What I don't understand is the ethnolinguistic and genetic revisionism. I mean, why would you even want to limit the "Slavic" category to West Slavs? Just like no-one wants to be "Eastern European" since it has negative connotations, "Slavic" is often treated as a negative label as well. Why would you want to be the legit Slavs and re-categorise the biggest Slavic country as "Finno-Germanic" or something? If anything, you'd be doing Russians a favour.
⠀⠀⠀⠀Federation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ of ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Keira⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Social Liberalism - Keynesianism - Technoliberalism
Wiki | Map | President | Factbooks

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS
Main: Helvena | Other puppets: Ygria Osttera

Republic Of Ludwigsburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Republic Of Ludwigsburg » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:20 am

The North Polish Union wrote:
Duvniask wrote:You literally cherry-picked only a single measure of genetics (mtDNA) that even shows Poles next to Russians and further showing Russians alongside Ukrainians and Belarusians, in an attempt to make your dumb point that Russians aren't Slavs.

I'm fucking done with you, holy shit. You have no reading comprehension and you misrepresent and omit data to argue in favor of your insane drivel. That, or you're just insincere and you enjoy getting a rise out of people.

There is one outlying data point for Poles in close to Russians. the rest are very distinct. For someone who accuses me of "cherry-picked" data, you've cherry-picked that one data point yourself.
Keira wrote:This is, indeed, a waste of time.

"It's so much easier to light a few small fires than to put them out" - I just heard Sam Harris say this and thought it was fitting. :lol: Conspiracy theorists, revisionists, etc - they always have a much bigger advantage. Disproving their shit requires a lot more energy than it requires for them to spread misinformation. It's not worth it.

Indeed, trying to demonstrate that Russians are Slavs is a waste of time.

Bruh we shouldn't be arguing on whether Russians are Slavs or not. Of course they are Slavs. Your a conspiracy theorist.
Pro: Social Democracy, EU, LGBTQ+ Rights, Labour Party, Ukraine
Anti: Fascism, State Capitalism, Stalinism, Tankies supporting Russia, Nazism
bumbling fool
Politiscales: this
South German Times: Friedrich Schonbrunn diagnosed with Stage 1 Head and Neck Cancer, Gottfried Hallemark to immediately succeed. GDR President Alfred Wolff in grave controversy after calling rival candidate Jakob Silberstein a "schwein" during debate. Joe Biden to host NATO meeting in New York regarding aid to Ukraine. Alpine mountaineer Valentina Giatte successfully summits Mt. Everest. Former Kanzler Johan Schauff to create new hot beverage company, "Schauffee". SPECIAL: The Curious Case of James Friedenwahl: To find out more, log on to timessgermany.eu

Rio Cana
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 21, 2005
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rio Cana » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:44 am

Some here still deciding on if Russians are Slavic or non-Slavic.

The truth is Russians have Irish roots. The proof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb0-fvUm_ZE :lol:
National Information
Empire of Rio Cana has been refounded.
We went from Empire to Peoples Republic to two divided Republics one called Marina to back to an Empire. And now a Republic under a military General. Our Popular Music
Our National Love SongOur Military Forces
Formerly appointed twice Minister of Defense and once Minister of Foreign Affairs for South America Region.

Keira
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Keira » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:33 am

Rio Cana wrote:Some here still deciding on if Russians are Slavic or non-Slavic.

The truth is Russians have Irish roots. The proof - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb0-fvUm_ZE :lol:

This reminds me of when, in Harry Potter, the Durmstrang Institute is described to be in "the far north of Europe", which somehow ends up being Bulgaria. Or, it has a lot of Bulgarian students; I don't quite remember. Either way, doesn't make much sense.

In reality, Russians aren't Slavic, because neither Russians nor Russia exist.
⠀⠀⠀⠀Federation⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ of ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Keira⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Social Liberalism - Keynesianism - Technoliberalism
Wiki | Map | President | Factbooks

About me | she / they | Liberal & Pragmatic Social Democrat | Prussian Lithuanian in UK | No game stats | Dark theme | ex-DOS
Main: Helvena | Other puppets: Ygria Osttera

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:26 am

Russians are good in my book.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:28 am

Russians are pretty cool.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Republic Of Ludwigsburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Republic Of Ludwigsburg » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am

Bear Stearns wrote:Russians are pretty cool.

You single handedly killed the thread for 20 days, absolute madlad
Pro: Social Democracy, EU, LGBTQ+ Rights, Labour Party, Ukraine
Anti: Fascism, State Capitalism, Stalinism, Tankies supporting Russia, Nazism
bumbling fool
Politiscales: this
South German Times: Friedrich Schonbrunn diagnosed with Stage 1 Head and Neck Cancer, Gottfried Hallemark to immediately succeed. GDR President Alfred Wolff in grave controversy after calling rival candidate Jakob Silberstein a "schwein" during debate. Joe Biden to host NATO meeting in New York regarding aid to Ukraine. Alpine mountaineer Valentina Giatte successfully summits Mt. Everest. Former Kanzler Johan Schauff to create new hot beverage company, "Schauffee". SPECIAL: The Curious Case of James Friedenwahl: To find out more, log on to timessgermany.eu

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General