NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Budget time: Accountants Frightened

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kors
Envoy

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Budget time: Accountants Frightened

Postby Kors » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:03 pm

Something I made that I based on issue 24.

Due to an error in the tax code, the government has overestimated the state budget. The government now requires a tax cut, and special interest groups are keen to have their say.

"The over-expenditure of the education system is, in many areas, simply frightful," says staunch conservative @@RANDOMNAME@@. "And even where we have slashed funding, we could cut even more. I appeal to the authorities for a substantial slash in funding. Remember, the money is our future."

A large-scale cut of the education system is underway.

"We won't have a future if all our funding goes to some overfunded army," says Celebrity and disarmament activist @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Oh, it's all well and good to have your fancy nuclear bombs and your tanks until some tinpot dictatorship decides to cause a worldwide nuclear war. And don't pretend like there aren't any aggressive nuclear-capable nations in our region. Our number one priority should be slashing military funding.

Military spending recently hit a new low.

"Education is pretty expensive, but Health and Social Welfare are even more useless," says CEO @@RANDOMNAME@@. "This is where the people who don't contribute to society get free money to fill their lazy stomachs: the beggars that clutter up the street. If we help him, what kind of money-throwing nation are we?

They say if you rip through a net there will be fewer holes than before.

"Hey, I've got a crazy idea," says noted communist and zookeeper @@RANDOMNAME@@. "How about the government pays for the services by taking enough taxes from people? Increase the taxes and we will be an even better place, even if that means people have to pay up a bit more."

Money that would have gone to basic necessities go to the government.
Hello. I'm Kors. Welcome to my sig.It's a normal sig, a completely ordinary sig, an indifferent sig. You won't find anything different in this sig. MY LEADER AND MILITARY ARE IN MY OVERVIEW FACTBOOK!!!!!!!
If any post is written about you, unless it is not relating to you or of very low effort, you do NOT have the right to /stillme anybody. This is ridiculous.
news
Planned obsolescence banned in Kors : Several unknown satellites crash land into highest mountain in Iceland : Korsian welfare programs cut spending by 50% : Terrorist attacks on the Korsian governmental building result in the enaction of the emergency measures act : Carbon monoxide threat in southern Kors due to wildfires : Giant potato rolls off and chases farmer off mountain into the city, crushing and mortally injuring 3

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:08 pm

It's...not that imaginative. All it is doing is inverting the options of one of the previous issues. I know that's the intention, but still...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:13 am

Right now, this is far, far, far too close to the text of #24.

Also, I would say that "inspired by" and "using the text wholesale" are two very different things.

"Inspired by" covers a multitude of things, many of which may be an issue (for example, taking an topic already in the base and thinking about it in a way that has not been covered). "Taking the text wholesale" is merely plagiarism.

If you want to write an issue about there being a needed tax cut, I suggest you use your own words and characters.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Return to Got Issues?