NATION

PASSWORD

The Masked Singer Australia Discussion Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

The Masked Singer Australia Discussion Thread

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:45 am

So I'm not into reality TV, at all. I think it's garbage and bullshit. However, this year, I've really gotten into the Masked Singer. The Masked Singer is stupid, but fun, nonetheless. So, here I thought we can discuss the show, and it really eats into my curiosity.

One of them, I don't remember which one, sounds exaclty like Sophie Monk, but apparently she's been on the show before, so what do I know.

The Atlantis, I am guessing Camilla Franks. It sounds exaclty like her, and Camilla is known for her love of colour.

For the Baby, I am guessing Avril Lavigne. Even though she sounds absolutely nothing like Avril Lavigne, all the clues lead me to her. She's known for being a bad girl, which was something mentioned in tonight's episode, she said that she's a baby because she never grew up (she has a song called here's to never growing up). She had the number 30 in the background, and she got divorsed for the second time around that age. It's gotta be Avril Lavigne.

One of them, I don't remember who, I was thinking Jojo Siwa, who apparently appeared on the USA's version of the show

Anyway guys, what do you think.
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:43 pm

I am dumbfounded at my fascination with the American version. I do not like pop music (not in that 'I'm too good for it way...at least not since I took a healthy dose of 'get over myself', just in a 'not my bag' way), I'm not into celebrity culture so at least a third of the reveals I end up going, "Who is that?" And yet...haven't missed an episode.

I mean, part of it is how elaborate the costumes are. And I guess some of it is just enjoying people doing something for the fun of it, I guess. Though I don't watch the spin off related series like people in costumes dancing or I guess the new one that does motion capture and projects an animated avatar doing the singing? Just the original.

This doesn't help with your guessing for the Australian one, but I'd have even less of a chance figuring that out. There's only so many times I can guess a Hemsworth, Kylie Minogue, Paul Hogan, or Mel Gibson, thus completing my list of Australian celebrities whose name I know.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:09 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:I am dumbfounded at my fascination with the American version. I do not like pop music (not in that 'I'm too good for it way...at least not since I took a healthy dose of 'get over myself', just in a 'not my bag' way), I'm not into celebrity culture so at least a third of the reveals I end up going, "Who is that?" And yet...haven't missed an episode.

I mean, part of it is how elaborate the costumes are. And I guess some of it is just enjoying people doing something for the fun of it, I guess. Though I don't watch the spin off related series like people in costumes dancing or I guess the new one that does motion capture and projects an animated avatar doing the singing? Just the original.

This doesn't help with your guessing for the Australian one, but I'd have even less of a chance figuring that out. There's only so many times I can guess a Hemsworth, Kylie Minogue, Paul Hogan, or Mel Gibson, thus completing my list of Australian celebrities whose name I know.

Hey, I am like you, I don't get celebrities either, and wouldn't know 1/8 of them. And I wouldn't watch any spin offs either. However, it doesn't help that Australia has so few celebrities that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find E-List celebrities who are "famous" for having maybe appeared once in a reality TV show. However, they said in all the ads that there will be international celebrities, and I am almost certain that one of them would be Avril Lavigne
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I am dumbfounded at my fascination with the American version. I do not like pop music (not in that 'I'm too good for it way...at least not since I took a healthy dose of 'get over myself', just in a 'not my bag' way), I'm not into celebrity culture so at least a third of the reveals I end up going, "Who is that?" And yet...haven't missed an episode.

Hey, I am like you, I don't get celebrities either, and wouldn't know 1/8 of them. And I wouldn't watch any spin offs either. However, it doesn't help that Australia has so few celebrities that they have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find E-List celebrities who are "famous" for having maybe appeared once in a reality TV show. However, they said in all the ads that there will be international celebrities, and I am almost certain that one of them would be Avril Lavigne

The American one has had YouTubers but also DIon Warwick and I think Gladys Knight. All over the place. The two funniest were Danny Trejo and Mickey Rourke, neither of those dudes knew why they were there or what they were doing. Rourke just straight up took his helmet off after his first song. Fucking hilarious.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014

Postby Xmara » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Lol same. I like some pop, but not a huge amount. And my celebrity knowledge is pretty much limited to MCU actors. I think I’ve correctly guessed like, three people in the entire series’s run.

And yet, I never miss an episode. It’s just fun, dumb entertainment to take the edge off after a long day of classes.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Return to Arts & Fiction