NATION

PASSWORD

Bug while using BBcode on dispatch

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Latinamerican federation
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Bug while using BBcode on dispatch

Postby The Latinamerican federation » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:57 am

I tried to find an appropiate thread to ask someone for help but failed to do so. I've never really talked in forums at all so not sure if this is the place to ask for help.

I was trying to make a sort of Master Dispatch-ish thing using an already finished BBcode text which I had copied-and-pasted. While editing it to be looking more like a description of the region with useful resources and links, I noticed something was not right.

Usually when you post a link to a dispatch on NationStates it will automatically to look like a preview, the problem is that it also make a large space which I do not know how to fix... it's hard to describe, it's better if I link to for you to see. i tested with other NS links as well and it does the same thing everytime not displaying properly... If anyone knows what is wrong or is good at BBcode I would appreciate your help!

On the section where it says "Foreign Affairs", below the title is where the weird thing is. I really would love to make it work properly since I'm really happy with how my master dispatch for my region is turning out and I would hate to change format...

Link to messed up dispatch:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1580484
I'm a OP Communist federation in Latinamerica.

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:50 am

That's not a bug, it's just the width of the preview, the side table won't allow it. You could put it in the [url] tag like your other links to completely get rid of the preview, but this is very unlikely to be changed by admin.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Trivalve
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Trivalve » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:55 am

The Latinamerican federation wrote:I tried to find an appropiate thread to ask someone for help but failed to do so. I've never really talked in forums at all so not sure if this is the place to ask for help.

I was trying to make a sort of Master Dispatch-ish thing using an already finished BBcode text which I had copied-and-pasted. While editing it to be looking more like a description of the region with useful resources and links, I noticed something was not right.

Usually when you post a link to a dispatch on NationStates it will automatically to look like a preview, the problem is that it also make a large space which I do not know how to fix... it's hard to describe, it's better if I link to for you to see. i tested with other NS links as well and it does the same thing everytime not displaying properly... If anyone knows what is wrong or is good at BBcode I would appreciate your help!

On the section where it says "Foreign Affairs", below the title is where the weird thing is. I really would love to make it work properly since I'm really happy with how my master dispatch for my region is turning out and I would hate to change format...

Link to messed up dispatch:
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1580484

I think this may have something to do with borders and alignment, I don't know if it is fixable though sorry
Minister of On-Site Events the South Pacific, Delegates Advisory Council the South Pacific, Founder and Head ISO of Crimson Spire, former Local Councillor of the South Pacific, Creator and Head of the Regional Development program, former Deputy Councillor of the South Pacific.

The Latinamerican federation
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 13, 2018
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Latinamerican federation » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:14 am

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:That's not a bug, it's just the width of the preview, the side table won't allow it. You could put it in the [url] tag like your other links to completely get rid of the preview, but this is very unlikely to be changed by admin.

Thank you for your help, and sorry for late reply.
I'm a OP Communist federation in Latinamerica.

Return to Technical