NATION

PASSWORD

Declaration Regarding Socialism and Capitalism

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Onionist Randosia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Declaration Regarding Socialism and Capitalism

Postby Onionist Randosia » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm

I have an idea for a Declaration:
Declaration Regarding Socialism and Capitalism
The General Assembly,
DEFINES Socialism as a system of government whereby the government controls and plans the economy and is itself controlled by the proletariat, where everyone is equal,

DEFINES Communism as a more authoritarian form of Socialism, and thus considers it a type of Socialism,

DEFINES Capitalism as an economy-focused system of government whereby the government has no or little control of the economy, which is comprised of private industry, the more powerful parts of which have substantial control over the government,

IS AWARE that the unnecessary rivalry, mostly provoked by capitalist nations, between these two forms of government has been greatly detrimental to international affairs and world peace since the Socialist system was first implemented and should be stopped, thus:

Urges all nations that are hostile towards other nations because of differences in form of government cease or at least reduce hostilities, so as to avoid detrimental effects such as cold wars,
Notes, however, that the rivalry between socialist and capitalist nations can never be entirely eliminated, and thus hopes to reduce it,
Recommends that regions which bar nations with one or the other above-mentioned form of government because of said forms of government cease doing so,
Recommends that national governments attempt to decrease the influence of large private corporations, in the interests of equality and a better world.

My first version. Any suggestions?

User avatar
Sylh Alanor
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 171
Founded: May 10, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sylh Alanor » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:08 pm

I think my first suggestion would be to make sure the definitions are correct. Communism is not a more authoritarian form of socialism, it would involve the collective ownership of the means of production in a stateless society. Socialism is an umbrella term of many different types of economies, but all it ultimately means as a term is the collective ownership of the means of production, not necessarily that the government is itself controlled by the proletariat or that everyone is equal.

Secondly, this would be the Security Council, not the General Assembly :p
Artemis Mahariel, Speaker for the Alanori.
Delegate and Councillor of World Assembly Affairs,
Refugia

she/her

User avatar
Nation of Hanguk
Attaché
 
Posts: 92
Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Nation of Hanguk » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:26 pm

Onionist Randosia wrote:I have an idea for a Declaration:
Declaration Regarding Socialism and Capitalism
The General Assembly,
DEFINES Socialism as a system of government whereby the government controls and plans the economy and is itself controlled by the proletariat, where everyone is equal,

DEFINES Communism as a more authoritarian form of Socialism, and thus considers it a type of Socialism,

DEFINES Capitalism as an economy-focused system of government whereby the government has no or little control of the economy, which is comprised of private industry, the more powerful parts of which have substantial control over the government,

IS AWARE that the unnecessary rivalry, mostly provoked by capitalist nations, between these two forms of government has been greatly detrimental to international affairs and world peace since the Socialist system was first implemented and should be stopped, thus:

Urges all nations that are hostile towards other nations because of differences in form of government cease or at least reduce hostilities, so as to avoid detrimental effects such as cold wars,
Notes, however, that the rivalry between socialist and capitalist nations can never be entirely eliminated, and thus hopes to reduce it,
Recommends that regions which bar nations with one or the other above-mentioned form of government because of said forms of government cease doing so,
Recommends that national governments attempt to decrease the influence of large private corporations, in the interests of equality and a better world.

My first version. Any suggestions?


First off, communism, socialism, and capitalism are economic–not political–systems. They do not concern whether economic actors control the government or how libertarian or authoritarian a government is. I suggest you review your perceived definitions of the ideologies in order to correct your proposal.

Also,
RecommendsUrges that regions which bar that bar nations with one or the other above-mentioned form of government economic systems because of said forms of government economies cease doing so,
Last edited by Nation of Hanguk on Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingdom of Corea | 대한제국
Kicking Manchu asses out in the 1700s, now the bastion of modernity, democracy, and prosperity in Asia today
Homepage | Overview | History | Politics | People | Outline | Political Views

| ROYAL COREAN PRESS AGENCY | Aressna, Corea signs CRCEP, to be a socialist pact? :: Ex-Chernogosk ally seeks overturning of war crimes conviction :: Leskya transitions into a caliphate :: Seoul mayor defies PM Ku's new booster dose rules amidst public outcry :: Academic paper draws political ire after referring to Corea as "dangerous power independent of Western influence"_

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3093
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:14 am

You already submitted this to the queue last month where it sank without a trace. Why do you think it will do any better this time?
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Jedinsto
Diplomat
 
Posts: 980
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jedinsto » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:55 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:You already submitted this to the queue last month where it sank without a trace. Why do you think it will do any better this time?

Because they’re drafting instead of submitting instantly, as I recommended they do.
This is indeed, once again, a signature.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12576
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:08 pm

Jedinsto wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:You already submitted this to the queue last month where it sank without a trace. Why do you think it will do any better this time?

Because they’re drafting instead of submitting instantly, as I recommended they do.

I highly doubt they'll keep with the drafting phase and yet again have a failed submission attempt on this topic.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 3093
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:47 am

Jedinsto wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:You already submitted this to the queue last month where it sank without a trace. Why do you think it will do any better this time?

Because they’re drafting instead of submitting instantly, as I recommended they do.

Somehow I don’t think drafting it here is going to help it. Their definitions of socialism and communism are naive at best, incorrect at worst and the rest of the draft appears fairly pointless to me.

Outer Sparta wrote:I highly doubt they'll keep with the drafting phase and yet again have a failed submission attempt on this topic.

I suspect you’re right.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Jedinsto
Diplomat
 
Posts: 980
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jedinsto » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:58 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:Because they’re drafting instead of submitting instantly, as I recommended they do.

Somehow I don’t think drafting it here is going to help it. Their definitions of socialism and communism are naive at best, incorrect at worst and the rest of the draft appears fairly pointless to me.

Outer Sparta wrote:I highly doubt they'll keep with the drafting phase and yet again have a failed submission attempt on this topic.

I suspect you’re right.

Once upon a time the community thought my ability to draft was a lost cause, I hope I've changed their minds by now. Maybe I just have too much sympathy for OP in this situation, but I have some amount of faith now that they're making an honest effort on the forums (at least I think that's their intention atm).
This is indeed, once again, a signature.

User avatar
Onionist Randosia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Onionist Randosia » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:11 pm

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will amend the proposal accordingly.

User avatar
Onionist Randosia
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Mar 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Onionist Randosia » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Also, although Capitalism is undeniably an economic system, Socialism and especially Communism are socio-political ideologies to some degree as well.
I agree that I need to heavily modify the definition of Communism especially.
Also, the 'capitalists' in this proposal could be referred to as 'not socialist' as the 'rivalry' mentioned as caused by nations that are not socialist discriminating (is that the right word in this context?) against socialist nations simply because they are socialist. This in fact was the point of the proposal, to stop or at least try to stop such pointless rivalry (I am aware that declarations are non-binding).


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jar Wattinree, Porflox

Advertisement

Remove ads