NATION

PASSWORD

Baptism of Fire 76--Baker Park & Twicetagria Bid

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Baptism of Fire 76--Baker Park & Twicetagria Bid

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 pm

The Football Association of the Commonwealth of Baker Park and the National Football Association of Twicetagria are proud to submit a bid for the hosting rights to Baptism of Fire 76.

Baker Park is centrally located in the heart of Atlantian Oceania, with a population of 53 million, and has from its inception been open and inclusive of all people seeking to establish settled lives here; more recently, the country has seen a rise in the number of immigrants from other AO nations and has worked to provide wider access & accommodation to sentient non-human species who have made their home within our borders. This is a natural continuation of the spirit and ethos of our history, as people of all nations, all ethnic groups, all religions, all colors came to take a leap of faith in a new land and built a nation which embraces diversity, community and equality.

Established in 1892, the nation is a federal, parliamentary democracy, consisting of 7 constituent states, each having their own unicameral legislative body. The Parliament of the Commonwealth is made up of the 175 member House of Assembly and the 56 member Council of State. Until 1978, the central figure of country was the Prince Regent, whose duties were largely ceremonial although he held a few specific rights and duties; the premature death of the last Prince left the country unprepared, as there was no immediate successor. The position was renamed Head of State and it became an elected office in 1996.

Baker Park is one of the top tourist destinations in the multiverse, welcoming over 2.5 million visitors per year. We have a seasonally temperate climate, with autumn and early winter the times of the year when precipitation is heaviest.

Baker Park prides itself on the strength of its protection of civil rights, civil liberties and freedoms; our social services, health care, educational system and public safety organizations are held up as examples of excellence throughout our region and the world.

The nation's economy is best exemplified by the industrial conglomerate that was founded by the family that established the nation, Baker International Corporation. Known by citizens as "The Company" or BI, through the first nine decades of the country's history, it was responsible for nearly 50% of the nation's GDP, as nearly three of every five people employed worked directly for one of the 30+ companies in which it had full or partial ownership, giving rise to the claim that Baker Park was the “World's Biggest Company Town”; over the past 30 years it has divested itself from many domestic business sectors, opening up opportunities for more investment and growth for both those entities and competitors alike.

Twicetagria is a relatively new but experienced nation, a small island archipelago located in the south
of Atlantan Oceania which houses 23 million Twicetagriens, mostly situated in the capital city of
Twice Square, along with Alphaxrie, Legothria and Velikiygrad.
Twicetagria experiences a temperate climate in most areas; the nation's income derives mostly from the entertainment industry and it's known for her music prodigies and television shows.
Twicetagria has a rich history, stretching over nearly a thousand years.

The Commonwealth has hosted the following events previously:

World Lacrosse Championships (2 occasions)
Under 18 Championships (SWC 11)
AOCAF 58 (co-host with Banija)
World Cup 84 (co-host with Cassadaigua)
Baker Park Open Cup (2 occasions)

in addition, we are the current Vice President of the World Lacrosse Council (2nd term).

Twicetagria has only hosted the Twicetagria Invitational once, although they unsuccessfully bid for the
AOCAF 63, along with the Sylestonean Overseas Territories.

Tech Specs
Xkoranate with SQIS formula and additive modifiers (this has been the standard for the previous 2 BOF's) and a full day max bonus for rostered nations, with all RP bonus accumulative throughout.
A max RP for the entire tournament would be no higher than 15.0 depending on number of cutoffs.

Group format will be at the discretion of field size—8 groups are ideal, 6 groups is workable and more than 12 probably not considered (I wouldn't rule out any number—odd or even—that would allow for the overall tournament not to exceed more than 15-16 RL days, off days included). The BOF should not be a “three and out” style tournament, it's meant to give nations a chance to work out story lines and characters.

Group sizes of five or six are the preference, and the determination of whether 16 or 24 nations advance to the knockouts would probably have a cutoff point of around 44 entries.

32—8 groups of four (least ideal scenario)
36—6 groups of six, top 2 in each group + next four best placed sides
40—8 groups of five, top 2 in each group
42—6 groups of seven, either same as 36 or top 4 from each group
48—8 groups of six, top 3 in each group
50—10 groups of five, same as 36
54—9 groups of six, same as 36
56—8 groups of seven, same as 48.

All matches will be played within the host nations, final group order determined as follows:

(Points—of course, this is NOT a tiebreaker, it is a table sorting rule; being level on points is the reason for the need for tiebreakers)
Head to Head points
Head to Head goal difference
Overall goal difference—actually I think it's more accurate to say GD against the other teams in the group, if Team A & B draw one another, but Team A beat Team C by 2 goals and Team B beat C by 1 goal and they both beat Team D by the same difference, etc.
IC coin flip—I believe I'd go with raw cumulative RP score (less roster bonus)
OOC coin flip—extra xkoranated match (personally in my own cup comp that is 2 legs/total goals, if two teams are equal on score, away goals, etc. I decide by best 2 of 3—it takes a tiny bit of the crazy result element away--I usually list it as a penalty win).

Cutoffs will depend upon field size, obviously every other day is the ideal. Baker Park will cutoff within a window between 12 midnight-0200am Eastern U.S. Time (-5 hours GMT/Universal time). Twicetagria will cutoff in a window approximately 4 hours after that, or GMT +8 hours (5-7pm local)

e.g., cutoff for Sunday August 29 will be Saturday night for U.S. Central/Mountain/Pacific and early Sunday for Europe, midday Sunday in East Asia for those being scored by Baker Park, while Twicetagria's half will follow approximately 4 hours afterwards.

We will not set up a tournament of any sort under crazy parameters just for funsies; I believe that the simplest, fairest setup is best. Saying that I “believe” in this or that doesn't mean that I am dead set with doing it that way.

This is THE most important tournament in NSWC—We know it and I want it to be right for encouraging new players, encouraging their participation, nurturing their RP skills.

We would also provide optional RP prompts to help those stuck for ideas.

Further questions are welcomed.
Last edited by Commonwealth of Baker Park on Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:16 pm

Tagging as cohost
johnathan

Tumbra
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 29, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tumbra » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:45 am

Interesting bid, thank you! Good to see experienced hosts bring new hosts into the fold.

I do not have a vote, but I do only have one question:

1. Why SQIS instead of NSFS?
THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF TUMBRA
Tumbra - a sprawling, modern federal democratic republic located in Esportiva. Strong economy, strong civil rights, strong freedoms.
Population: 121 million | TLA: TMB | Capital City: Straton | Largest City: Couno
Constitution | Domestic Database | Domestic Football | Domestic Motorsports | Wiki Article
President: Edward Merryweather (United) | Prime Minister: Bertram Andrews (Labour)
U-18 World Cup 13, 21 Champions/Di Bradini Cup 51, 57 Champions

Legalese
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 12, 2004
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Legalese » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:42 am

Tumbra wrote:Interesting bid, thank you! Good to see experienced hosts bring new hosts into the fold.

Adding my tweak to this: Why SQIS over SGIS or SLIS?
Host/Co-Host of:
World Cup XXII and LXVIII
Cup of Harmony XI and XIII
Baptism of Fire IX, XIV, XV, XVI, XLII, LII
The Inaugural CAFA Cup
AOCAF Cup V and XXXIV

Winner of Cup of Harmony 55 and Jeremy Jaffacake Jamboree II
Anaia: Like all the best ideas, this is moving from "lampoon" to
"take seriously" rather quickly

(H/T to Mertagne)

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:00 pm

Legalese wrote:
Tumbra wrote:Interesting bid, thank you! Good to see experienced hosts bring new hosts into the fold.

Adding my tweak to this: Why SQIS over SGIS or SLIS?

As I said, SQIS is what both of the previous two winning bids used, and it is my personal preference. In my own usage/comparisons between NSFS and SQ/SG, it falls in between the other two in Goals/gm with xkorinate mods.
Specifically with SLIS--which I also like Legal--I don't have the XML file for it at this present time.
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Return to NS Sports