NATION

PASSWORD

On the treatment of Atheris

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Mercyland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

On the treatment of Atheris

Postby Mercyland » Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:58 pm

Hello. I am not an active player on this site anymore, but I do sometimes still observe the forum from afar. I could not help but notice the recent incident regarding Rojava Free State/Borderland Rojava being declared DoS. After reading the official explanation for him being made DoS, I do believe that the mods did the right thing in this case. The relentless bullying and harassment of someone because of their disability is a disgusting and evil act. Rojava should be ashamed of himself.

However, while I believe that the mods did the right thing with Rojava, I do find it alarming that another player, Atheris, has been disappeared. From what I can see, Atheris did not break any rules and it looks to me, and I imagine to others as well, that he was deated for simply speaking out against the behavior of some certain mods. If this is the case, then is this wrong going to be addressed?

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Atheris was deleted for repeated violations of game rules regarding flaming in custom fields. Given the fact that it was repeated multiple times before the final deletion, there can be no argument that they were aware what they were doing was a rules violation. We call such deletions "Suicide by mod".

Mercyland wrote:it looks to me, and I imagine to others as well, that he was deated for simply speaking out against the behavior of some certain mods.

That's because you don't know the whole story, which is quite commonly the case with players unaware of the actions taken by deleted nations.

Mercyland wrote:is this wrong going to be addressed?

It's not a wrong. It was a fully justified deletion.

Mercyland
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercyland » Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:13 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Atheris was deleted for repeated violations of game rules regarding flaming in custom fields. Given the fact that it was repeated multiple times before the final deletion, there can be no argument that they were aware what they were doing was a rules violation. We call such deletions "Suicide by mod".

Mercyland wrote:it looks to me, and I imagine to others as well, that he was deated for simply speaking out against the behavior of some certain mods.

That's because you don't know the whole story, which is quite commonly the case with players unaware of the actions taken by deleted nations.

Mercyland wrote:is this wrong going to be addressed?

It's not a wrong. It was a fully justified deletion.

I see. Well, thank you for your clarification. I will be on my way now.

Return to Moderation