NATION

PASSWORD

When will I be able to unban cars??

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The South Appalachian Region
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

When will I be able to unban cars??

Postby The South Appalachian Region » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:18 am

Basically, the reason I have been absent from the forums lately is that I have accidentally banned cars in my nation.. Which is completely against my nations lore, where most people travel by car and the pickup truck is a cultural icon. It's so bad a change in fact that I have been considered starting over.. but all similar names are taken and I have already built up so much round this nation that it would suck majorly to leave it all.

What happened was, there was an issue which was very vague and unclear in one of its answers. I don't even remember what the main issue was about. But one of the answers was an environmental loony. I did like most of what she said compared to the other options, but I didn't know her passing mention of "cars are bad enough!" Or something of the sort would permanently ban automobiles from my nation..

How do I fix this? It's been a couple weeks and no issue has come that would allow me to resolve this.. I'm kinda heartbroken, as silly as it seems.
Political compass:
Economic Left/Right: 5.0
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.23

(Lib-right)
Welcome to the United States of South Appalachia
An independent early-1980s era American South, centering around the Appalachian cultural region.
PLEASE read factbooks before judging based on flag (unless a forum game instructs you to judge based solely on the flag), thanks.
Pro: Capitalism, privacy, freedom, Southern Pride, Libertarianism, gay marriage, Marijuana legalization, sex work legalization, right to bear arms.
Anti: Communism, authoritarianism, government surveillance, censorship,
illegal immigration, SJWs, vax mandates

Waldoven
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Waldoven » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:26 am

I know this may seem cheesy, but you gotta wait. If you really really really want to remove this, you gotta just wait. Besides, most nations do not have their lore depend on their ns stats. Just put up a dispatch or something outlining what laws and regulations and stats are not canon to the lore of your nation.
United Federation of Waldoven

"Curiosity drives Waldoven forwards!"
Home page | Region
Waldoven, home to the Waldovian species. United in 1970 WT (2,217,130 AD), Waldovians have come far ever since the first humans crashed onto the planet, now taking their first steps to becoming an interplanetary civilization.
A nation that represents about 80% of my political views
Current year: 2,217,130 AD | 1990 WT

Cyladia
Civilian

Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyladia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:32 am

Waldoven wrote:Besides, most nations do not have their lore depend on their ns stats. Just put up a dispatch or something outlining what laws and regulations and stats are not canon to the lore of your nation.

Dang, so i've been doing it wrong?

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Typically, the issue that allows you the option to reverse a bad decision you made will come anywhere from a few days later to next week, assuming you are on Full Throttle and answering issues consistently in that timeframe. Your stats, however, take longer to rebuild.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Appalachian Region » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:58 pm

Jar Wattinree wrote:Typically, the issue that allows you the option to reverse a bad decision you made will come anywhere from a few days later to next week, assuming you are on Full Throttle and answering issues consistently in that timeframe. Your stats, however, take longer to rebuild.

I think it's been at least a week with nothing coming yet that allows me to reverse that.. it really sucks.
Political compass:

(Lib-right)
An independent early-1980s era American South, centering around the Appalachian cultural region.
PLEASE read factbooks before judging based on flag (unless a forum game instructs you to judge based solely on the flag), thanks.
Pro: Capitalism, privacy, freedom, Southern Pride, Libertarianism, gay marriage, Marijuana legalization, sex work legalization, right to bear arms.

Old Hope
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Old Hope » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:35 pm

The South Appalachian Region wrote:
Jar Wattinree wrote:Typically, the issue that allows you the option to reverse a bad decision you made will come anywhere from a few days later to next week, assuming you are on Full Throttle and answering issues consistently in that timeframe. Your stats, however, take longer to rebuild.

I think it's been at least a week with nothing coming yet that allows me to reverse that.. it really sucks.

Well, that is an average. There is a very small possibility that you won't get one for 10 years, for example. That's how probabilities work.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:The format wars are a waste of time.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:50 am

Banning and unbanning car is something i have been do with all my puppets. Every single of 249 nations has banned and unbanned cars.

there are some policies which are rare and hard to come, and some policies which come more frequently and more often

from my observation, Abortion, Polygamy, no contraception are kinda rare.

meanwhile, protest, no cars, death penalty are all policies that come and go in my nations, especially death penalty, it comes, and right after, there is an issues, if not two issues to allow me to remove it.

don,t be afraid to ban cars, you can always unban them later. and its not a rare policy.

from my experience, I can tell that #73: @@NAME@@ - Without Cars, Going Nowhere Fast will come sooner or later.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Appalachian Region » Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:53 pm

Fauzjhia wrote:Banning and unbanning car is something i have been do with all my puppets. Every single of 249 nations has banned and unbanned cars.

there are some policies which are rare and hard to come, and some policies which come more frequently and more often

from my observation, Abortion, Polygamy, no contraception are kinda rare.

meanwhile, protest, no cars, death penalty are all policies that come and go in my nations, especially death penalty, it comes, and right after, there is an issues, if not two issues to allow me to remove it.

don,t be afraid to ban cars, you can always unban them later. and its not a rare policy.

from my experience, I can tell that #73: @@NAME@@ - Without Cars, Going Nowhere Fast will come sooner or later.

Well, the year is almost over. And I've got a few issues addressing the car ban but none with options allowing me to completely remove it.. I'm so frustrated as I feel the nation I worked so hard on is pretty much ruined for good. I wish there was some way, any way to immediately reverse it...
Political compass:

(Lib-right)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:37 am

As Waldoven said above, you can say that your nation does have cars anyway even before you get a suitable issue. Put this fact in your sig, for example.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The South Appalachian Region » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:27 pm

Well hallelujah, after almost 6 months, I finally got to unban cars. Thanks, random "contraband" guy lol
Political compass:

(Lib-right)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical