NATION

PASSWORD

Suddenly able to propose GA and SC resolutions with 0 endors

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
User avatar
Ilosttopia
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Feb 01, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Suddenly able to propose GA and SC resolutions with 0 endors

Postby Ilosttopia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:44 am

For some reason I can propose resolutions in the World Assembly even with 0 endorsements. Did they change it so that you don't need endorsements to propose resolutions, or is it because the SC hasn't had anything for some time now.
Last edited by Ilosttopia on Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to have a million different nations named ilosttopia or some variant because why the hell not

User avatar
Cerata
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 63
Founded: Aug 24, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerata » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:17 pm

Ilosttopia wrote:For some reason I can propose resolutions in the World Assembly even with 0 endorsements. Did they change it so that you don't need endorsements to propose resolutions, or is it because the SC hasn't had anything for some time now.

It's likely because you were in a previous region that you had 2 endorsements in before the stat refresh, and then you left it. It's should be gone after a few hours.
Sundays are great

Wednesdays are lame

and Mondays... should be torched with a flame

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25697
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:59 pm

Cerata wrote:It's likely because you were in a previous region that you had 2 endorsements in before the stat refresh, and then you left it. It's should be gone after a few hours.

Nope. Look at their National Happenings. They haven't moved in the last 6 days. It's an actual, reproducible bug.

User avatar
Cerata
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 63
Founded: Aug 24, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerata » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Cerata wrote:It's likely because you were in a previous region that you had 2 endorsements in before the stat refresh, and then you left it. It's should be gone after a few hours.

Nope. Look at their National Happenings. They haven't moved in the last 6 days. It's an actual, reproducible bug.

Oh...
Sundays are great

Wednesdays are lame

and Mondays... should be torched with a flame

User avatar
[violet]
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15093
Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:12 pm

Fixed, thanks. I set it to 0 on a staging setup to test something then forgot about it and let it slip through to production.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8755
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:14 pm

Why can we not just allow any WA member, regardless of endorsement count, to submit proposals on a permanent basis? :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading The Signal and The Noise by Nate Silver

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25697
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why can we not just allow any WA member,

Why limit it to WA members? Why not any nation? Then we could finally move from deleting 2-3 spam proposals a day to 200-300! Mods and GenSec members wouldn't need to idly have those pesky lives outside of the game - we could spend extra hours removing spam. And you could spend hours approving them all regardless of merit like you do now, since apparently approving proposals is your version of a fidget spinner. Wouldn't that be better?

User avatar
SPLEENS
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 3
Founded: Jun 09, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby SPLEENS » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Why can we not just allow any WA member,

Why limit it to WA members? Why not any nation? Then we could finally move from deleting 2-3 spam proposals a day to 200-300! Mods and GenSec members wouldn't need to idly have those pesky lives outside of the game - we could spend extra hours removing spam. And you could spend hours approving them all regardless of merit like you do now, since apparently approving proposals is your version of a fidget spinner. Wouldn't that be better?

Why can't we just tighten the minimum endorsement requirement to 5 endorsements?

User avatar
Cerata
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 63
Founded: Aug 24, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cerata » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:47 pm

SPLEENS wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Why limit it to WA members? Why not any nation? Then we could finally move from deleting 2-3 spam proposals a day to 200-300! Mods and GenSec members wouldn't need to idly have those pesky lives outside of the game - we could spend extra hours removing spam. And you could spend hours approving them all regardless of merit like you do now, since apparently approving proposals is your version of a fidget spinner. Wouldn't that be better?

Why can't we just tighten the minimum endorsement requirement to 5 endorsements?

Then small regions wouldn't exist anymore after a mad scramble for endos.
Sundays are great

Wednesdays are lame

and Mondays... should be torched with a flame

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1989
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:31 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why can we not just allow any WA member, regardless of endorsement count, to submit proposals on a permanent basis? :P

How about not being able to submit resoultions until you have reached 500 million population?

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25697
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Wayneactia wrote:How about not being able to submit resoultions until you have reached 500 million population?

That might reduce current spam levels about 20%, but most of the illegal / spam / stupid proposals come from older nations. I don't think that would make a significant difference.

The current barrier to entry is incredibly low, so it's a wonder we don't get more crappy proposals. It's actually quite easy to get two endorsements - you just visit an active feeder for about 10 minutes, submit your proposal, and move back to wherever you came from.

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19946
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm

Wayneactia wrote:How about not being able to submit resoultions until you have reached 500 million population?

That would also make it harder for experienced players to create & use new themed puppets for submitting "relevant" proposals... >:(
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads