NATION

PASSWORD

Number 3rd in Population Worldwide?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ruvani
Civilian

Founded: May 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Number 3rd in Population Worldwide?

Postby Ruvani » Fri May 14, 2021 3:56 pm

Hello, everyone. It seems that after a quick check, that I have somehow broken the NS statistics, to where it says, on the global leaderboard, that I, a newly formed nation of 5 million, am..number 3rd in the world for population.

Yeah, that doesn't look so good chief.

I am not hacking. I literally just, created a new side nation, and this happened.
Last edited by Ruvani on Fri May 14, 2021 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Fri May 14, 2021 3:58 pm

Ruvani wrote:Hello, everyone. It seems that after a quick check, that I have somehow broken the NS statistics, to where it says, on the global leaderboard, that I, a newly formed nation of 5 million, am..number 3rd in the world for population.

Yeah, that doesn't look so good chief.

I am not hacking. I literally just, created a new side nation, and this happened.

Known bug, wait for a little while and your stats should sort themselves out.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

Arjunnagar
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 21, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arjunnagar » Fri May 14, 2021 4:00 pm

For me it says you are first in population

Forest Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest Republic » Fri May 14, 2021 4:01 pm

I'm not sure why, but population seems to be a slightly broken stat. For new nations who haven't been fully ranked, their population can be greatly overstated, like this one. However, it should fix itself fairly soon. This guy was having the same problem, but now that I look at his puppet everything seems to be working. These mismatched new nations also don't really seem to affect the rankings since the nations that should actually be #1, #2, etc. are still properly listed from what I can tell.

EDIT: Actually that first example has also fixed itself. If you want to see something weird with the population though, check out this zombie of a nation.
Last edited by Forest Republic on Fri May 14, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unless stated otherwise, this nation does not represent my personal views. With that being said, if there is an issue with the portrayal of this nation please let me know. The Forest Republic is a left-leaning parliamentary republic that advocates welfare and civil rights while trying to avoid going to war. I will not use more than one nation in a single thread without permission and generally all of my other countries will want to fight one another. Within reason, you do not need my permission to defeat me or kill my characters. I prefer the roleplaying opportunities that losing offers.

Ladinacem Andia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 09, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ladinacem Andia » Sun May 16, 2021 2:31 pm

Similar issue arising here:

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=bagongo

Country appears to have CTEd, but is also somehow alive and ranked first in several areas.
Support Local Farmers | Free Hong Kong

Return to Technical