NATION

PASSWORD

Problem with my Demonym

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Bolger
Civilian

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Problem with my Demonym

Postby Bolger » Wed May 12, 2021 7:58 am

Hi,

I have encountered a problem with my Demonym name. When I set it to Bølgerse, in issues it changes to the bizarre B Ã,lgese or something like that. The root of the problem is with the ø symbol which because it isn't Latin doe weird stuff. My Nation should also be Bølger but because a link can only contain Latin letters on Nationstates I couldn't name it that way. The issue is that before it wasn't a problem before and it functioned perfectly fine with the demonym. Does somebody know why this has happened.

Thanks in advance.

The Republic of Bølger

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Wed May 12, 2021 10:19 am

Bolger wrote:Hi,

I have encountered a problem with my Demonym name. When I set it to Bølgerse, in issues it changes to the bizarre B Ã,lgese or something like that. The root of the problem is with the ø symbol which because it isn't Latin doe weird stuff. My Nation should also be Bølger but because a link can only contain Latin letters on Nationstates I couldn't name it that way. The issue is that before it wasn't a problem before and it functioned perfectly fine with the demonym. Does somebody know why this has happened.

Thanks in advance.

The Republic of Bølger

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=504382

The site's inconsistent character encodings can cause weird and unpredictable behavior. Fortunately, [violet] says she plans on fixing that problem sometime this year.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Return to Technical