NATION

PASSWORD

(R) Spammer created new region without consent

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

(R) Spammer created new region without consent

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue May 11, 2021 7:10 pm

I was just having a good time, making an RP for my Alliance, and this person not only begins spamming, but also created a fake region without consent from anybody. Is this actionable, or can somebody send me a link to file a GHR? Here is the user: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1476273
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue May 11, 2021 7:30 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:created a fake region without consent from anybody

Who exactly is supposed to grant consent? You?

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:Is this actionable

Not remotely.

Conservative Republic Of Huang
Minister

Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservative Republic Of Huang » Tue May 11, 2021 7:33 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

It seems that the regions the reported created have names that imply a connection with the reporter's RP alliance, which they apparently aren't affiliated with.
Last edited by Conservative Republic Of Huang on Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Direct democracy, e-democracy, parliamentary sovereignty, state secularism, non-violent direct action (striking), police reform, syndicalism, democratic workplace management
Anti: Most types of representative democracy, ultra-nationalism, imperialism, autocratic workplace management, the state

"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say syndicalism now, syndicalism tomorrow, syndicalism forever."
not conservative or a republic
Transparency

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue May 11, 2021 7:34 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:

Yes, because the I was one of the founders of the IDSF, and its current leader. This guy spammed and created new regions with the name of my IC alliance without asking. If you take a look at his account, you can see that he created a new region every 3 minutes.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue May 11, 2021 7:36 pm

It's not actionable. Read the rules and point out the rules that were broken. I'll wait.

We don't regulate roleplay, and you do not "own" any particular set of names or initials. It's not impersonation unless they create a nation and claim to be you, the player. Regions can't be impersonated.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue May 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:It's not actionable. Read the rules and point out the rules that were broken. I'll wait.

We don't regulate roleplay, and you do not "own" any particular set of names or initials. It's not impersonation unless they create a nation and claim to be you, the player. Regions can't be impersonated.

I doubt that creating a region with the name of an RP alliance wouldn't count for something, but I do understand. It is just that they didn’t have permission to do so in the first place.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Tue May 11, 2021 7:46 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:I doubt that creating a region with the name of an RP alliance wouldn't count for something,

Have you ever asked anyone for permission to create a nation, region, forum thread, or anything else here? If someone said "no", could you still do it? Yes, you could. There are no programs or controls that would prevent you from doing so, nor are there any rules to that effect.

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:this person not only begins spamming

Two posts is hardly spamming. Yes, they posted without permission in your roleplay. You could appeal to the mods to tell them to stop doing that if they persist. That is the single action that could be taken, and it's not even a warning - just a request.

Alphazi
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Alphazi » Tue May 11, 2021 7:49 pm

I suggest you politely work it out with that guy instead of bring it to the mods. It Usually works out just fine and if that fails, ignore it and take measures. /Advice
Alphazi - Alpha Nation. Member of IDSF.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue May 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Southeast Marajarbia wrote:I doubt that creating a region with the name of an RP alliance wouldn't count for something,

Have you ever asked anyone for permission to create a nation, region, forum thread, or anything else here? If someone said "no", could you still do it? Yes, you could. There are no programs or controls that would prevent you from doing so, nor are there any rules to that effect.

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:this person not only begins spamming

Two posts is hardly spamming. Yes, they posted without permission in your roleplay. You could appeal to the mods to tell them to stop doing that if they persist. That is the single action that could be taken, and it's not even a warning - just a request.

To the first thing, I wasn’t the one who made the region I am currently in, but I did create my account on my own. The one who made the official IDSF region (which I am currently in atm) was the other co-founder, Islamic Holy Sites (Who was on a puppet, but hasn’t logged on in 3 weeks now). IHS did that with permission, but this guy plagiarized and impersonated as he created those IDSF regions without permission. Look, I do understand your point on how it isn't actionable, but I don't understand on how it doesn’t count as impersonation or plagiarism, since they made unverified regions without even asking me for permission to do so first.

To the second thing, I posted an OOC warning on the OP to whoever decided to post on that thread to not do it unless they wanted moderator action, and they did it anyway, so I have no idea how that doesn’t count as spamming. At least that can be actionable, right?
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Tue May 11, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Tue May 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:Have you ever asked anyone for permission to create a nation, region, forum thread, or anything else here? If someone said "no", could you still do it? Yes, you could. There are no programs or controls that would prevent you from doing so, nor are there any rules to that effect.

To the first thing, I wasn’t the one who made the region I am currently in, but I did create my account on my own. The one who made the official IDSF region (which I am currently in atm) was the other co-founder, Islamic Holy Sites (Who was on a puppet, but hasn’t logged on in 3 weeks now). IHS did that with permission, but this guy plagiarized and impersonated as he created those IDSF regions without permission. Look, I do understand your point on how it isn't actionable, but I don't understand on how it doesn’t count as impersonation or plagiarism, since they made unverified regions without even asking me for permission to do so first.

To the second thing, I posted an OOC warning on the OP to whoever decided to post on that thread to not do it unless they wanted moderator action, and they did it anyway, so I have no idea how that doesn’t count as spamming. At least that can be actionable, right?

You know what? Forget about this. I apologize if I've wasted your time, and request that this thread be locked.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation