NATION

PASSWORD

[Threadjacking/Harrassment]

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Austreylia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 823
Founded: Mar 07, 2021
New York Times Democracy

[Threadjacking/Harrassment]

Postby Austreylia » Sun May 09, 2021 6:56 am

San Lumen wrote:
Austreylia wrote:The evidence shows that a bunch of women and children died because feds started attacking a building.

You'll have no issue with this, but will start hysterically shrieking when feds start arresting people who have taken part in riots.

Let’s not forget you wanted the jury to acquit Chauvin just to spite and anger people.

This guy constantly repeats this line to me.

I don't want him banned, just told to quit it and to quit following me around to try to use it against me, no matter the argument.
AF

User avatar
Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25487
Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Anarchy

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun May 09, 2021 9:07 am

Austreylia wrote:This guy constantly repeats this line to me.

Did you say it? Then it's not harassment.

Austreylia wrote:I don't want him banned

Good, because we're not banning him.

Austreylia wrote: quit following me around to try to use it against me, no matter the argument.

At a glance, most of your arguments are in threads about social justice events, and you appear to enjoy taking the most trollish position in them. As such, pointing that fact out to other thread participants is neither harassment nor threadjacking.

User avatar
Austreylia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 823
Founded: Mar 07, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Austreylia » Sun May 09, 2021 11:43 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:At a glance, most of your arguments are in threads about social justice events, and you appear to enjoy taking the most trollish position in them. As such, pointing that fact out to other thread participants is neither harassment nor threadjacking.

Yes, it is harassment, when it's brought up in subjects to which it isn't related.

Though it likely won't change anything, I want a second opinion on this as a matter of course.

and you appear to enjoy taking the most trollish position in them

That almost seems to break your own rules on the offence of "troll naming".
AF

User avatar
Reploid Productions
Forum Admin
 
Posts: 28016
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Sun May 09, 2021 12:18 pm

A mod saying in the moderation forum that someone's posts are troll-ish, while also explaining a ruling is not trollnaming. Trollnaming is a form of flamebait, for example somebody making a post to the effect of "So-and-so is a troll." with no moderation report nor actual content relative to the conversation. Fris acting in an official capacity regarding your (and Lumen's) posts is none of those things.

And seconding Fris' ruling. Bringing up your prior arguments in current, related arguments isn't harassment. It's debate. If you don't like San Lumen bringing up your prior arguments, utilize your Foe list. Or perhaps consider your own arguments more carefully before making them, so you're not giving your debate opponents loads of easy ammunition.
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 18 on March 23, 2021!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

User avatar
Austreylia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 823
Founded: Mar 07, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Austreylia » Sun May 09, 2021 8:54 pm

But the two weren’t related in literally any way.

Like I said, twice.
AF

User avatar
Lamoni
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 8298
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lamoni » Mon May 10, 2021 10:18 pm

Austreylia wrote:But the two weren’t related in literally any way.

Like I said, twice.


The ruling has been made, regardless.
Last edited by Lamoni on Mon May 10, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."


Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.


Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD!


Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts, Das Kaiserliche Vaterland, Greater Miami Shores, The Chuck

Advertisement

Remove ads