NATION

PASSWORD

Supermarket Displays Meat in Underwear Section Online

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Founded: Apr 27, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Risottia wrote:
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:...
To be fair, I'm not sure whether Rojava has in the past even proven that Ostro is married, much less whether or not the marriage is a happy one. But different individuals within each sex have different sex drives. Some women even claim their husbands often deny THEM sex; and some men claim to be upset that their ex-girlfriends used them for sex; and though they have no proof, strangers on the Internet have no proof around Ostro's sex life either.

Folks, all this thing about third parties discussing a fellow Generalite's private life without himself taking part in the discussion sounds a bit creepy... Could we please drop it?

But it's a microcosm of people's credibility or lack thereof. If someone claims to know for a fact something about a forumer's sex life they have no basis to claim to know for a fact, their credibility is in doubt. If that "fact" turns out to be provably wrong, their credibility is obliterated to hell and they need to stop having opinions.
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 11, 2021 1:14 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
No it isn't. It's to hate on annoying loudmouths, a dispoprtionate amount of whom are white women, who complain about everything and make other lives a living hell. Nobody goes up to a random white woman and yells "KAREN." If you find yourself being called a Karen, it's probably because you've been annoying the shit out of people working in a fast food joint.

Yep. I mean, the word "Karen" wasn't pulled out of someone's arse. They're called "Karens" because "Karen" is a typical name for women in that demographic. You know who else is a Karen- Tucker Carlson, the nut job who told people to call the police or child protective services if they see a kid wearing a mask in public

In that case, it's rather unfair to everyone else named Karen to use their name as an insult, is it not?
Bombadil wrote:My girlfriend wanted me to treat her like a princess, so I arranged for her to be married to a stranger to strengthen our alliance with Poland.

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Tue May 11, 2021 1:19 pm

GuessTheAltAccount wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Yep. I mean, the word "Karen" wasn't pulled out of someone's arse. They're called "Karens" because "Karen" is a typical name for women in that demographic. You know who else is a Karen- Tucker Carlson, the nut job who told people to call the police or child protective services if they see a kid wearing a mask in public

In that case, it's rather unfair to everyone else named Karen to use their name as an insult, is it not?

It's unfair to guys named John that their name can mean both toilet and someone who solicits sex, but the Johns of the world don't complain.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

GuessTheAltAccount
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby GuessTheAltAccount » Tue May 11, 2021 1:27 pm

Page wrote:
GuessTheAltAccount wrote:In that case, it's rather unfair to everyone else named Karen to use their name as an insult, is it not?

It's unfair to guys named John that their name can mean both toilet and someone who solicits sex, but the Johns of the world don't complain.

Maybe they should.

It's hardly ever used to mean toilet anymore.

As for "someone who pays for sex;" who gets to say who counts or not? Even in this thread we've been talking about imbalanced sex drive. If someone meets their spouses needs; whether a woman in exchange for him being the breadwinner, or a man in exchange for her doing cooking or cleaning or whatever; isn't one or the other (if not both) effectively paying for sex? Maybe people who have a problem with paying for sex weren't exactly the sharpest knives in the drawer in the first place. That might be why they have a problem with it. And so, when it comes to what term they can come up with to refer to them, they don't exactly think it through.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:It's an overused meme made to hate on white women.

No it isn't. It's to hate on annoying loudmouths, a dispoprtionate amount of whom are white women, who complain about everything and make other lives a living hell. Nobody goes up to a random white woman and yells "KAREN." If you find yourself being called a Karen, it's probably because you've been annoying the shit out of people working in a fast food joint.

I haven't been called a Karen, but I have seen the meme used for really ridiculous reasons.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:

I haven't been called a Karen, but I have seen the meme used for really ridiculous reasons.

You think the Karen meme is bad? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO KAREN :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i have achieved peak comedy, folks
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue May 11, 2021 3:26 pm

I can’t stop laughing. I just can’t. Mainly because it reminded me that there’s apparently such a thing as beef jerky underwear.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Gran Palena
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gran Palena » Tue May 11, 2021 3:27 pm

Bro, I thought for a minute that they were selling meat packaged in underwear.
Official translation of Gran Palena's motto: "By the sword, we are ready".

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 11, 2021 3:30 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I can’t stop laughing. I just can’t. Mainly because it reminded me that there’s apparently such a thing as beef jerky underwear.

Lady Gaga wore a meat dress, so maybe we should make clothing out of meat.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Tue May 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I can’t stop laughing. I just can’t. Mainly because it reminded me that there’s apparently such a thing as beef jerky underwear.

Lady Gaga wore a meat dress, so maybe we should make clothing out of meat.

Was it real beef? I thought I read somewhere it wasn’t. Anyway, meat clothing sounds unhygienic.

Still, this OP made me laugh. Good times.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Tue May 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Adamede wrote:Karens are no laughing matter.

It's an overused meme made to hate on white women.

Ah yes, the poor, poor middle age middle class white women.

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue May 11, 2021 5:00 pm

Adamede wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:It's an overused meme made to hate on white women.

Ah yes, the poor, poor middle age middle class white women.

Hey, if you find a meme of the lowest common denominator to be appealing either for entertainment or for your progressive activism, go for it. When someone loses their shit and gets recorded, they're a often called a "Karen." I've seen a professor get called one for getting pissed off at a class on video, or someone snapping because they're in a bad mood. It's just annoying to constantly see and hear it. It's an annoying bandwagon that has gotten old. Don't like my take on the meme? Tough shit. Sure, it originally applied to actual assholes, but now its a little much.

It shows a lot that criticism of an overused meme brings out so much hostility in a topic.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Tue May 11, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Holocene Extinction

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 pm

Adamede wrote:Ah yes, the poor, poor middle age middle class white women.

Hey, if you find a meme of the lowest common denominator to be appealing either for entertainment or for your progressive activism, go for it. When someone loses their shit and gets recorded, they're a often called a "Karen." I've seen a professor get called one for getting pissed off at a class on video, or someone snapping because they're in a bad mood. It's just annoying to constantly see and hear it. It's an annoying bandwagon that has gotten old. Don't like my take on the meme? Tough shit. Sure, it originally applied to actual assholes, but now its a little much.

It shows a lot that criticism of an overused meme brings out so much hostility in a topic.

I really don’t give a shit dude. You’re taking this way to personally.
Last edited by Adamede on Thu May 13, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General