NATION

PASSWORD

Second Boer War[IC][Abandoned]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Second Boer War[IC][Abandoned]

Postby Galimencia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:02 am

Background:

The main area of conflict of this Boer War is Southeast Africa. This war is kind of a continuation of the 1st Boer War, which was fought between Galimencia and the Anglo-Boers(English speaking white South Africans), supported by Afrikaans-Boers(Afrikaans speaking white South Africans), of the Galimencian Colony of Rhodeshia during the 1950s and 1960s. Early Galimencian successes were reversed as the war dragged on for over 8 years, and subsequently Galimencian troops were defeated decisively at the battle of Wotfur. This lead to a Galimencian surrender and the humiliating Treaty of Jransilvania, which lead to the creation of the Republic of United Rhodeshia in 1967.
The successes of the Anglo-Boers and the Afrikaans-Boers inspired the Afrikaans-Boers of the Dutch South Africa to rebel against their colonial power. Their rebellion too ended in a victory for the natives, supported by the armies of the newly established United Rhodeshia. This lead to the formation of Republic of Yellow Free State in 1978, which extended from the banks of the river Yelllow, to the borders of United Rhodeshia.
The end of conflicts ensured a period of relative peace in the region. However, the period of peace ended in the beginning of the twenty first century, due to the discovery of diamond mines in the region. This began a 'Scramble for Southern Africa' among the great European powers, and Galimencian forces defeated the German forces to annex their colony of German West Africa and rename it as the 'Galimencian Colony of Diamond Coast' or simply the Diamond Coast. This discovery also lead to a huge influx of European settlers into this region, which further damaged the socio-economic balance of this place. Among these settlers were Galimencian secret agents, Joseph Fischer and William Dyer, who were sent by the Galimencian agencies to incite violence in United Rhodeshia, which would have made way for a Galimencian invasion. They were provided with lots of money, and a group of mercenaries for this purpose. However the plan was foiled by the Rhodeshian Intelligence Agency, and Fischer and Dyer were hanged on the charge of treason. This enraged the Galimencians, and the Galimencian authorities subsequently declared war against United Rhodeshia, a country with a population of around 2.5 million people, in 2021. Piet Krugar, the incumbent State President of Yellow Free State condemned it as yet another example of Galimencian imperialism, and pledged to support United Rhodeshia in it's fight against the Galimencian forces. Thus the Second Boer War began.
Last edited by Galimencia on Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:42 am, edited 7 times in total.
IC name is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

An alt history early 20th century Britain, which has managed to survive well into the 21st century while keeping hold of all it's colonies(mostly). Co-Founder of IPDA, Member of CUSP. Permanent member of UN Security Council.
A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Nation undergoing maintenance. Therefore some factbooks or other informations might change.

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:34 am

Name: Kauvin Rio, 4th Duke of Leicestershire; aka Lord Kauvin
Profession: Prime Minister of Galimencia
Role in the Conflict: Being the Prime Minister, Lord Kauvin is the Commander-In-Chief of the Galimencian army and will thus be involved in every conflict.

Name: Commander General Sir Richard Barnes
Profession: Chief of Defense Staff
Role in Conflict: Being the Chief of Defense Staff, he is the professional head of the army and will thus take part in every conflict.

Name: Retd. Gen.Sir Michael Johnson
Profession: Minister of Defense of Galimencia
Role in the Conflict: Being the Minister of Defense, he will be involved in every conflict.

Name: General Nicholas Kipling, 5th Earl Kipling of Werder
Profession: Nobleman, General of Galimencian Armed Forces
Role in Conflict: He will be the first Galimencian general to head the Galimencian offensive in the Second Boer war and also the first Galimencian general to act as the head of all Galimencian forces in this war. He will be relived of his duty, after repeated failures.

Name: General Reginald Murray
Profession: General of Galimencian Armed Forces
Role in the Conflict: Will be sent in to replace General Kipling. The second Galimencian general to head the offensive and also the second Galimencian general to act as the head of all Galimencian forces of the Second Boer War.

Name: General Frederick Moore, 1st Baron Moore of Burma
Profession: General of Galimencian Armed Forces. Commander In Chief of Royal Galimencian Indican Armed Forces
Role In Conflict: Commander In chief of Indican Army, from where the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Rajput Regiments will be deployed. Will directly lead the Rajput Regiments in this conflict.

Total Troops Strength: 525,000- 550,000(including those from different colonies, with over 50,000 alone from the three Rajput Regiments. It also contains over 100,000 African Auxiliaries.)
Last edited by Galimencia on Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:28 am, edited 6 times in total.

An alt history early 20th century Britain, which has managed to survive well into the 21st century while keeping hold of all it's colonies(mostly). Co-Founder of IPDA, Member of CUSP. Permanent member of UN Security Council.
A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Nation undergoing maintenance. Therefore some factbooks or other informations might change.

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 am

Belligerents(Part 2):

United Rhodeshia:
Name: Thomas F.W. Smith
Profession: 5th State President of the Republic of United Rhodeshia
Role In Conflict: Being the State President, he is the Commander-In-Chief of the Rhodeshian Armed forces, and will hence be involved in every conflict.

Name: Christiaan Botha
Profession: Commandant-General of United Rhodeshia, adventurer, writer.
Role In Conflict: Being the Commandant-General, he is the professional head of the Rhodeshian Army, and will thus serve in every conflict. However, unlike his predecessors, he is a fighting general, and often personally leads his armies in the battlefield.

Name: Thomas Davidson
Profession: General of Rhodeshian Armed Forces
Role In Conflict: He is the second in command of the Rhodesian Armed forces, and will lead the invasion of Portwood, Cather Colony and the Siege of Bellford during the initial stages of the conflict, and will subsequently play a huge part in defending his country during the Galimencian counter offensive.

Republic of Yellow Free State:
Name: Piet Arnoldus Krugar
Profession: President of Yellow Free State
Role In Conflict: Being the President, he is the Commander In Chief of of Yellow Armed Forces, and will hence be involved in every conflcit.

Name: General Paul Steyn
Profession: Commandant of Yellow Free State, former general of Rhodeshian Army.
Role In Conflict: He is the professional head of the army of Yellow Free State, and their only general till date.

Total Troops Strength: 100,000-125,000(including African auxiliaries and a large number of foreign volunteers.)
Last edited by Galimencia on Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:06 am

Date and Time: 19th April, 2021,Monday; 1:30 pm

"So the war's final then ?" sighed Prime Minister Rowan Bean, as he read the official declaration. He was sitting with the King, Prince of Lownfolk and the Chief of General Staff of the Galimencian Army in one of the many rooms of the Buckminhum Palace.
"Your Majesty, we must not stop cease our diplomatic approach. Perhaps, we can....." The Prime Minister tried to convince the King of the futility of the war, but was stopped by King Kasper II.
"Perhaps, it would be better if you cease talking, Mr. Rowan Bean." the king replied sharply, and the Prime Minister stopped immediately and looked at his feet, embarrassed.
The King turned towards his Chief of Defense Staff, Sir Richard Barnes, and said: "I have thought about it day and night, and I realised that it would be useless to try a diplomatic approach, when the Boers have made it clear that they are not willing to compromise."
Sir Richard said nothing but simply nodded. King Kasper then turned towards his son and heir apparent, Prince Kauvin, and said: "Now, this is important Kauvin..." the King paused, closed his eyes, as if trying to decide how to say this, and then said: "I am appointing you the temporary Commander-In-Chief of the armed forces specifically for this conflict only. Are you willing to take up this huge responsibility ?"
All the people, except the King himself, were shocked to their core. Kauvin was rendered speechless. "Father...I...well....." he stammered.
King Kasper smiled and said: "I have been ruling this country for over 20 years, and during my long reign I have been in charge of over 12 conflicts, both big and small. You are my heir apparent, and will inherit the throne after me, and I want you to become worthy of this great responsibility. I have seen how successfully you implemented your domestic policies, but foreign matters are also of supreme importance and I want you to prove yourself in military matters.' the King paused for breath, before continuing, "Moreover, I might not survive to see the end of this."
"Oh no father." Kauvin immediately replied. "You will definitely rule for the next 100 hundred years." saying this, he embraced his father, and everyone else in the room were deeply touched.
"And I accept the duty bestowed upon me. It is my honour that I am given such a huge responsibility. I will try not you not to disappoint you, father." Kauvin paused, and then looked at Sir Richard. "It's show time then, Mr.Barnes." he said with a smirk.
Last edited by Galimencia on Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:00 am

Preparations(Part 1):

Date and Time: 20th April, 2021,Tuesday; 2:30 pm

Prince Kauvin paced up and down the well furnished room, hands in his back. Sir Richard Barnes sat in a nearby chair, gazing at a large map of Southern Africa. Barnes calculated something in his mind, and then spoke up: "So, increase troops in the border of Diamond Coast, ain't it sir ?"
"Yes, that is exactly what I am planning to do ,Mr.Barnes." said Kauvin, as he sat in front of the Commander General(the highest military rank of Galimencia, equivalent to Field Marshal in other countries.)
"But, you know, as far as I know the Boers, their main battle tactics are surprise attacks, something which will catch their foes off-guard, making it easier for them to capitalize on their enemy's disadvantage. I don't think a conventional attack from the Boer border will happen." replied Barnes, making it clear that he is not convinced with Kauvin's plan.
Kauvin smiled a bit, before continuing: " See, Mr.Barnes, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Boer tactics mainly depend on unconventional warfare. But they won't have any chance to do such a thing in Diamond Coast. There is no chance of a guerilla attack, as there are no forests near the border. Secondly a Nazi-style blitzkrieg is not possible either, as the Boer forces have no fighter aircrafts, and barely ten or fifteen tanks. If we aggressively increase our troop presence in the borders of Diamond Coast, then I guess the Boers won't have much of a chance. Moreover, don't forget that we lost the First Boer War, because the Boer guerillas were too efficient for us to handle. If we stop these guerillas from operating in the first place, we can severely demoralize and frighten the Boers by the sheer number of troops that we possess."
Mr.Barnes still seemed unsure."May I ask sir, who has given you the information that the Boers possess no aircrafts? But anyways, I don't think that they will attack through the border."
"General Kipling gave me this information. As you might be knowing, I have already sent him to Diamond Coast 5 days ago." replied Kauvin.
"Alright sir, let's see what happens." nodded Barmes.

Location: Derbeshire military airbase, Derbeshire, Galimencian Diamond Coast
Date and Time: 20th April, 2021, Saturday; 6:45 pm

A large black military helicopter landed in the Derbeshire Airbase in Diamond Coast. It was an AH-1 SuperCobra. Captain James Hume was the first one to come out of the aircraft, several other soldiers came out of it after him. Captain Hume quickly looked around him once. There were ten other helicopters around him, and almost 100 soldiers surrounded him. There was a Lieutenant standing in one corner with a mic, with a paper in his hand. He was calling out the name of different soldiers from the paper, and the soldiers raised their hands when their name was being called. There were sounds of high pitched laughter, curses and meaningless things. Many of the soldiers seemed restless. In short, there was total chaos around Captain Hume. Suddenly another soldier came in front of him.
"Welcome Captain Hume, I am Private Thomas Bowman. It's nice to meet you." Saying this, he extended his hand, and Captain Hume shook it. " Sir, this is the 3rd Battalion of the 7th Infantry regiment. You have been assigned to lead this group of soldiers."
"How many soldiers are there in the 3rd Battalion?" asked Captain Hume.
"Almost 150 soldiers sir. About a hundred of them have already arrived. The rest of them are on their way." saying this Private Bowman suddenly seemed to recollect something, and then went to the Lieutenant and whispered something to him. The Lieutenant seemed to nod in agreement.
"Quiet rude this man is. Didn't even asked me to excuse him." Captain Hume angrily muttered under his breath.
Suddenly the Lieutenant started announcing: "Soldiers, I would like you to meet Captain Hume, your captain for this particular mission. Some of your brothers have not yet arrived, but to those who are here, my suggestion is to familiarize yourself with the man who will be leading you for the rest of the campaign. Captain, can you please come forward?"
All the talking stopped suddenly, and Captain Hume walked towards the Lieutenant. The Lieutenant shook Hume's hand and said: " Lieutenant Tickel, Captain, real pleasure to meet you." The Lieutenant then turned towards the soldiers once again and started speaking on the mic once again: "Once the rest of the soldiers arrive, you will be drive to the border town of Derbeshire, which is actually a village in all but name, from where you will be taken to a military bunker near the Rhodeshian border. Let's for our brothers first."
Meanwhile, another helicopter appeared in the horizon.
Last edited by Galimencia on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

United Rhodeshia
Civilian

Founded: Apr 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby United Rhodeshia » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:14 am

Preparations(Part 2):

Location:Presidential Palace, Johanesseburg, United Republic of Rhodeshia
Time: 21st April, 2021, Wednesday; 11:30 am
The following posts will contain some instances of racism, as was very common during the apartheid South Africa. None of these represent my RL views. So be warned before reading, lest you might end up feeling insulted.

The hallroom was well furnished. A portrait of the founding father of United Rhodeshia, Douglas Smith hung in one corner. At the center of the large wall, hung another big picture of a person from the Smith family. The picture was of Thomas F.W. Smith, eldest son of Douglas Smith, and the incumbent President of Rhodeshia.
President Smith looked disdainfully at the person who sat in front of him. The person was Piet Krugar of the Yellow Free State. Smith, highly anglicized and civilized, considered the Afrikaaner-Boers to be a primitive group of white men, with their long beards and usually untidy dresses. However, he ignores the fact that several of his fellow Anglo-Boers sport a long beard too and there has been a great amount of interbreeding between the two Boers. Nevertheless, these Afrikaaners were atleast more civilized than the 'blacks'. Mr.Smith simply hated the dark skinned people. He believed that the dark skinned people have nothing except physical strength and are even more barbaric and primitive than the Afrikaaner Boers.
Mr Smith was the first to speak. "The war is imminent now. We must unite once again, in the same way, we united during the time of the 1st Boer War." he said through his transalator. The big bearded man, who sat in front of him, listened earnestly, before replying through his own translator: "This time it won't be as easy as the First Boer War. The Galimencian army has since increased in size and has mordernised. Meanwhile, even if we unite both our armies, the numbers won't exceed 100,000 soldiers."
Mr.Smith nodded, then replied: "Indeed, we are severely outnumbered. Moreover, this time, they have cleared all the forest near the borders, effectively preventing us from using the guerilla tactics that we used last time."
"But, our kind of warfare is not limited to only guerilla tactics, Mr Smith." President Krugar smiled, before continuing: "We can use several other tactics, which have proved to be quiet effective in the past."
Mr. Smith was genuinely confused. Understanding his confusion, Mr.Krugar said: "Why, dont you remember the blitzkrieg campaign that we used against the Zulus, during the 3r Zulu-Boer War?"
President Smith rolled his eyes, "But your so called blitzkrieg is without air support, and it succeeded against the Zulus, because theya re a primitive group of people, who have almost no idea what modern weapons look like."
"That's true, we dont possess aircrafts. But, the Rhodeshian army does. Afterall we are united in our efforts." came the reply.
Mr.Smith appeared skeptical, "But, officially, our airforce does not exists. Indeed, the fact that we possess fighter aircrafts is highly secretive, and unknown to even the big countries around the world. Providing air support t your blitzkrieg will expose our aerial powers."
President Krugar now lost his patience, his piercing eyes looked straight at Mr.Smith's eyes, and then he said in broken English, ignoring the presence of his translator, "This is war for existence. If us not use it now, then when us would use it?"
The Afrikaaner translator was confused, and became silent. Meanwhile, Mr.Smith was shocked to hear such a reply from the man whom he considered as being uncivilized. The convictions in Krugar's words were enough to convince Smith, and he reluctantly agreed that they will provide air support.
President Krugar smiled and replied, once again in broken English, "Then let we kick arses of Europeans."
Last edited by United Rhodeshia on Thu May 13, 2021 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Puppet of Galimencia.

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:16 am

The Boer Offensive(Begins):

Location: Galimencian Military Bunker, Derbeshire, Galimencian Colony of Diamond Coast
Date and Time: 23rd April, 2021,Friday; 5:35 am

It was early morning. Captain Hume was walking near the military bunker, smoking a cigarette and having a chat with Lieutenant Tickel.
"That's the Rhodeshian border sir." Tickel pointed in front of him.
Captain Hume, said, while examining the fences which acted as the line of division between the 2 'countries'(one is indeed a sovereign country, while the other is a colony), "Isn't it weird that only this area, that is, the area surrounding the border, is a clear field, while almost the rest of the village is covered with forests."
"Actually sir, this area was forested too. However, after Rhodeshia began hostilities with us, the Galimencian authorities cleared the forest, perhaps to prevent the Boers from conducting anymore guerilla campaigns in the future." the young Lieutenant replied.
Hume, the 35 year old Captain, with blue eyes and blonde hair, was impressed with Tickel's knowledge. He asked him, "how do you know so much about this place, Tickel?"
"Sir, that's because I was born in Derbeshire." Tickel smiled.
Captain Hume smiled and stared at the blue sky above him. Suddenly, he saw a black coloured object in the horizon, over the Rhodeshian border. He stopped smiling and alarmingly asked Tickel what that object could be?
Tickel nonchalantly gave a quick glimpse at the object, and replied: "That must be the Derbeshire Pigeon sir. Very rare species of bird, endemic to Derbeshire and it's surrounding areas."
But, Captain Hume was not convinced. He asked Tickel: "Do you have a binocular Tickel?"
"I do sir, but believe me, that's just a harmless pigeon." sighed Tickel while handing him the pair of binoculars that he always carried.
"I don't think so Tickel...it's flying posture seems rather weird." said Hume, while looking at the object through the binoculars.
Meanwhile, the object had also came neared and had thus became a bit more visible, and Hume, who was keenly studying the object, became alarmed.
"FALL BACK TICKEL! Retreat to the bunker, Retreat to safety, NOW!" he shouted out to Tickel, as it became apparent that the flying object was nothing but a fighter jet. Captain Hume began running, grabbing Tickel, who was almost paralyzed by fear. Meawhile, the object came nearer and were almost above them with it's deep buzzing noise.
Tickel and Captain Hume ran as fast as they could, while Tickel repeatedly kept saying: "Sir, I have never been in a battlefield sir, I don't want to die, I want to live. God protect me!" as tears started flowing down from his eyes. He was scared, but kept running nevertheless. Captain Hume let go of Tickel's arm and started phoning back to the other soldiers in the bunker, "Offensive has begun, Fighter planes on your way, Everyone be ready, Grab your fucken guns ,and come out of....." he couldn't finish his sentence, as he heard a lid noise behind him, he turned back, while running, and saw nothing but a cloud of smoke, just behind Tickel. The airplanes have started their offensive.
"Tickel, run faster!" he shouted to his Lieutenant. He kept running as fast as he can, occasionally turning back to check what the young Lieutenant was doing. The aircrafts continued to drop bombs, but never managing to harm anyone of them.
They had almost reached the bunker, when he turned back, and almost immediately, a bomb was dropped almost in front of him. The terrifying noise, and the blast almost blinded Hume, while the effect of the blast threw him in the air. The last thing he saw before crashing down is Tickel being blown into pieces as a result of this blast.
Hume crashed on the ground, and was quickly overcome with pain, but desperate to stay alive, he started crawling . As he came near the bunker, he saw his fellow soldiers, along with his fellow captain, Captain Jennings. The soldiers had taken their positions, with their guns, and were ready for combat.
"Everybody, get down!" shouted Captain Jennings, as the military aircraft started dropping bombs indiscriminately. This rampage went for sometime, before the aircraft was taken down by a soldier, who was firing from the terrace of the bunker. Several soldiers were killed and many more injured.
However, this wasn't the end of the matter. Suddenly they saw a huge army of Boers, with several tanks and armored vehicles running towards them. There were about 15,000 Boers, and although they did not possesed any high-tech guns, yet their overwhelming numerical superiority, scared the odd 500 troops who were there in the bunker. Even among these 500, many were killed during the bombing. Infact, the Galimencian authorities, especially General Kipling, the general in charge of this conflict, failed to realise that Boers would begin their offensive from the village. He felt, that the Boers would surely attack the bigger town of Kwazul, which also happened to be situated near the border, but on a different side.
The soldiers rushed back into the bunker complex, hiding in various places. The bunkers became their makeshift fort, as they began shooting at the Boers. Many had understood that their sacrfice would go in vain, yet they felt that it is better to be killed in action, than being tortured to death in a prison.
About 150 soldiers rushed into the terrace and began shooting. Among them was 3 snipers. The Boer advance was temporarily paused after a large number of the Boers, who were still in the open, were butchered down by the Galimencian soldiers. The Boers shot back too mainly at the soldiers in the terrace, but most of their shots missed, and only 5 Galimencian soldiers were killed. Now the Boers took a different strategy. They began hiding behind the mini craters that were formed due to the bombings. From there they began firing back. Galimencian troops inside the bunkers fired through several holes in the walls.
This continued for sometime. Both sides traded fire without much of an outcome. Occasionally grenades were thrown by each side. Very few people were killed, but the Boers had, by then, successfully, predicted that the number of Galimencian troops did not exceed 1000 soldiers. That was when, General Boucher, the Boer commander responsible for the offensive, changed tactics for the second time, and now ordered the soldiers to break inside the bunker, no matter what the cost.
The Boers did exactly that. Although a large number of them were shot down, yet with their vast numerical advantage, they managed to subdue the Galimencians. As they entered the bunker complex, they began firing randomly, killing the Galimencians. Many went to the terrace and killed the remaining soldiers there.
The last stand of the Galimencians went in vain. No POWs were taken, as all were killed. Captain Hume was shot in the head, while Captain Jennings was bayoneted to death. Almost 2500 Boers were killed.
The Boers captured the village of Derbeshire, and massacred it's inhabitants. The first Boer offensive had succeeded.
Last edited by Galimencia on Sat May 01, 2021 9:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Galimencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Galimencia » Tue May 04, 2021 7:53 am

Date and Time: 23rd April, 2021,Friday; 4:18 pm

General Kipling hurried up the stairs which lead to the War Room of the Integrated Defense HQ. His white face became red with fear and anxiety and he was sweating heavily. Each step seemed to take him closer to hell. He knew he had made a mistake, a huge mistake and he might have to face dire consequences for such a mistake. He has not only disappointed the Prime Minister, but he has also destroyed Galimencia's reputation in front of the entire world. The lift had been down for an hour, so the stairs were his only hope of reaching the War Room in time.

Suddenly he realised that he has completed the climb and had reached the top floor of the building. In front of him was a large brown coloured decorated closed door. General Kipling stopped for a moment, closed his eyes and wiped his sweat with a handkerchief. Then after taking a deep breath, he pushed open the door. The first person he saw was Sir Richard Barnes, the Chief of Defense Staff of the Galimencian Army. He sat in a chair, with his hands on his forehead. He looked to his left and saw Lord Kauvin. The Prime Minister's was facing him backwards, with his hands in the back, and he stood in front of a huge map of United Rhodeshia and it's surrounding territories.

"May I come in, Mr. Prime Minister?" General Kipling asked in a modest tone.
Kauvin turned back to face him, and then gave a pretended smile, which send shivers down Kipling's spine. He knew that the Prime Minister's laugh was more dangerous than his anger.
"Ah yes! General Kipling. I have been waiting for you. You are three and a half minutes late. Nevermind, please come in." said the Duke still smiling.
As the aristocrat General stepped in, Kauvin continued: "I have a few questions in my mind, and perhaps you can help me by answering them, if you don't mind." the Prime Minister and the Duke of Leicestershire was still smiling.
"Sss..." Lord Kipling stammered, "....Sssurely Your Higness."
"Thank you, General. My first question is how did you failed to know that the Boers had an airforce, inspite of being given control of the entire Military Intelligence Agency?" Kauvin asked casually.
"Well...uhh...w...I....I think...." Gneral Kipling started to stammer in fear once again.
"I WANT AN ANSWER!!" shouted Kauvin, which shook the entire building, and almost knocked off General Kipling.
Managing to gather enough courage, Kipling replied: "I am sorry Mr. Prime Minister. But I must say, that the Anglo-Boers did a great job of keeping it a secret. Even our very best MI failed to fathom it's presence."
"Are you praising our enemies?" Kauvin sharply asked.
General Kipling was taken aback. "No...I mean...it was..." he started stammering again.
Kauvin raised his hand which silenced Kipling. The Prince continued: "My second question. Inspite of being in this profession for over 20 years, why did you wrongly predicted that the Boers will attack Kwazul, and not the village of Derbeshire. Do you know, your miscalculation had lead to a loss of about 500 of our own Galimencian soldiers?"
"I would like to apologise for the second time, Your Majesty" General Kipling said, before continuing: "But I honestly feel that the loss of Derbeshire was not a strategic one."
"I beg your pardon."
"Yes your Highness. Liberating the village will not be much of a problem. Moreover, the loss of a city is bound to affect the morale of our soldiers more badly, than the loss of an insignificant village."
"You may be right from your perspective." considered Kauvin, "But this loss did affect our global image as a military superpower. But there is no use in pondering about the past. Let us look forward to the future."
"yes Your Highness."
"My first order to you is to send in troops to liberate the village of Derbeshire. Secondly, reinforce Kwazul. We can't afford to let it fall to the invading Boers. We must resist the initial Boer offensives, and must not attack on our own. We will counterattack after we have successfully repelled all the waves of Boer offensives and when the Boers are retreating."
"Alright Your Highness" Lord Kipling nodded his head.
"That is all I had to say. You are free to make all the arrangements that you feel are necessary. You are dismissed." said Prime Minister Kauvin.
The General nodded, stepped back, did a quick bow, and hurried out of the room.
Once he was outside, he left out a sigh of relief.
Last edited by Galimencia on Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

A military superpower.

NS Stats are not canon.

#FreeRojava

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents