NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Is it spam if you...

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44851
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[Q] Is it spam if you...

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:29 pm

If a person repeats the same comments in just about every post count as spam?

A certain user repeats paragraphs and phrases in just about every post?

Thanks!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 3845
Founded: May 23, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Not a moderator, but since this is marked [Q], I think I can post.
I know who you are talking about. I doubt the moderators will take action or consider what GMS is doing to be spam, as they haven't in the past. Just foe them if you cannot stand their posts, just as I did.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Diarcesia
Senator
 
Posts: 3547
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:37 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:If a person repeats the same comments in just about every post count as spam?

A certain user repeats paragraphs and phrases in just about every post?

Thanks!

My take: It could. Or it could not. In GMS's case I interpret it more as his writing style more than an intent to spam, its coherence notwithstanding.
Last edited by Diarcesia on Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
Role Player and Lore Player

What is Diarcesia's best feature?
Random Country 453632 wrote:Yes

User avatar
Barberria
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 25
Founded: Feb 07, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Barberria » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:20 pm

It could be interpreted as spam, but I definitely don't think it's actionable (IK what you're talking about)

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 3845
Founded: May 23, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 pm

Barberria wrote:It could be interpreted as spam, but I definitely don't think it's actionable (IK what you're talking about)

I'm not a moderator nor am I trying to minimod, but I agree. Merely having bad opinions and conveying them in a way that is unintentionally annoying is not inherently against the rules. We have a foe function for that reason, as not everyone can get along.

User avatar
Aredita
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 159
Founded: Apr 05, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aredita » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:30 pm

They'd probably rule it as "nonactionable" since the same post is spread out over the topics, and is really not spamming one specific thing. If it was one single topic, then yes, it would most likely be considered spam.

However, I have seen mods delete the type of "spam" you are talking about. It's rare, but does happen.
Last edited by Aredita on Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I support capitalism, LGBTQ+ rights, women's rights, democracy, gun control, the WA, moderators, being who you are, etc.
I stand against oppressive governments, communism, fascism, etc.

User avatar
New haven america
Post Czar
 
Posts: 40352
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:31 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:If a person repeats the same comments in just about every post count as spam?

A certain user repeats paragraphs and phrases in just about every post?

Thanks!

I've asked about this question pertaining to a seperate user with a similar issue and been told no.

Not a mod though, so yeah.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2020

That's all folks~

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7478
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:49 pm

I'd categorize it more as bait than spam.

It's there to annoy, and to frustrate anyone trying to have a real discussion.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8979
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:56 pm

To all of You and the Moderator: I am defending myself on this Post from being banned for good from NS because of them. My Apologies to the Moderators for this long Post and constant edits, and accidental repetitions in this case and because I am always afraid of being banned for good from NS the General and RP Forums which I love because of them and others, just like they do.

I am trying to Post all the details Proving My Points I think the Evidence Is Very Clear. That many Persons Have A Problem with Me and My Pro Trump Posts and Views But Many Persons Will Never Admit It, As the Best Cousin I Have and The Best Cousin There Is Told Me If They Admit It They Loose Their Excuses. I show him everything on NS and I am going to show him this one. I am trying to Post the Facts in the best detailed way possible of what I go through ever day from mostly the same Persons and many Persons. I Am Sick of This. Is this Harassment? Is this Political Harassment.

Posted by The Reformed American Republic on This Thread Proving My Point and I will Capitalize It for Emphasis for all Persons to See, Read and Understand Because I GMS Am Sick of This: Merely Having Bad Opinions and Conveying Them In a Way That Is Unintentionally Annoying Is Not Inherently Against The Rules,

For 4 four years we have tried to teach him, we have tried to educate him, but he does not listen, he is a F Brick Wall to Talk Too. I don't give a F, you are on ignore, I told you to put him on ignore, all this happened before the elections and before the Capitol Riots by the Minority in Numbers of all Right Wingers which I always condemn. Proving my Point that many Persons on NS have a Problem with my Pro Trump Posts and Views, but many Persons Will Never Admit It.

Why does this all I have Posted does not happen on non Trump Related Threads and Posts Proving My Point? I am outnumbered at lest 95 % to 99 % most of the time on these related threads I think this is a Factor.

Discussions: You all repeat the same things on all your posts, you don't like Republican President Trump, The Republicans are no good, The Republicans hate democracy, The Republicans hate honest elections, The Republicans are corrupt. The virus crisis is real I know the virus crisis is real and dangerous, you all repeat the same things on every post, every day. How many ways are there to say the same thing every day like you all do every day?

I Am So Paranoid I Check The Mod Forums Every 5 Minutes Post or No Post. We All Love The General Forum and RP Forums. Many other Persons don't Post or say this about me, whatever I Post does not bother them why not? Whatever any one Posts including them does not bother me? Why does this always happen on Trump Related Threads but it never happens on non Trump Related Threads? Proving My Point?

Proving my Point: All these comments against me by certain Persons happened before the elections and the Capitol Riots I have always condemned:

Why Because I Wont Agree With There Anti Trump Anti Republican Points and Views Proving My Points The Evidence Is Very Clear?

The Evidence Is Very Clear. Who agrees, who disagrees? I GMS Strongly Agree.

How dare I and any Persons do the same to any Persons to Fit My Views and Their Views?

Discussions, we all post our views, discuss but we all still strongly disagree with each other when we strongly disagree with each other, I respect it, I strongly disagree with anti Trump, Anti Republican views, and there is nothing wrong with it. To the Moderator, Is this Harassment? I am Sick of This and I have Right under the circumstances to be Sick of This? From the same Persons what a coincidence, but not from other Persons what a coincidence?

But My Opinions on Republican President Trump and The Republicans and All Issues Are Not Bad Opinions - There Opposite Opinions on All Issues Are Not Bad Opinions - I and We Should Not Be Held To A Different and Higher Standard and Standards. To The Moderator Are These Political Harassment? I GMS who respects their Rights To Strongly Disagree with Me and Any Persons on all Issues.

I GMS Am Sick of This Political Harassment and I Have A Right To Be Sick of This The Evidence Is Very Clear Proving My Point? All Related To Republican President Donald J Trump of The USA, What A Coincidence?

But I Love NS The General Forum and the RPs with over 150 Nations and I have been on NS for over 10 Years with a Perfect Record.

Not even on Cuba,The Castro Brothers and their eternal successors, My Real Pet Issue on NS? Whatever I Post are my Views My Way, Whatever You Guys Post are your views Your Way. You all have a right to Post whatever you want your way and you do so every day. Discussions: You all repeat the same things on all your posts, you don't like Republican President Trump, The Republicans are no good, The Republicans hate democracy, The Republicans hate honest elections, The Republicans are corrupt. The virus crisis is real I know the virus crisis is real and dangerous, you all repeat the same things on every post, every day.

How many ways are there to say the same thing every day like all of you do? You all do the same thing every day and it does not bother me, guys never or hardly ever Post Pro Trump Posts. It does not bother me,

I GMS respect your democratic rights to Post to me and any persons on NS and off NS and Discord any Posts any way you want too, I don't tell any Persons what to Post, what not to Post and how to Post it. Why cant you guys do the same? How dare I tell any Persons what to Post, what not to Post, how to Post it, what sources to Post from, link from and comment from, as it is done to me many times by certain many Persons? How dare any Persons tell any Persons what to Post, what not to Post and how to Post it, what sources to Post from, Link From and Comment From as it is done to me many times by certain many persons. I GMS Am Sick of This? I have a right under the circumstances of being Sick of This? who agrees, who disagrees? I GMS Strongly Agree.

For over 10 Yeas on NS since the old Co UK Forum Days a Perfect Record of no Baiting, No Trolling, No Flaming and No Using Foul Language Against any Persons on NS, with over 150 Nations. I Am Very Proud of It and I wish to Keep My Record Clean, But I Am Not The Only One on NS? As Has been done to me GMS many times. I Am Sick of This GMS?

I Love NS and Discord, The General Forums and RP Forums just like all of you. We should all be NS Friends on NS who can RP together like I can.

I will never place any Persons on ignore for any reasons, even actionable personal and political insults against me, I am very proud of this. But I am not the only person on NS.

Discussions, we all post our views, discuss but we all still strongly disagree with each other when we strongly disagree with each other, I respect it, I strongly disagree with anti Trump, Anti Republican views, and there is nothing wrong with it. To the Moderator, Is this Harassment? I am Sick of This and I have Right under the circumstances to be Sick of This? From the same Persons what a coincidence, but not from other Persons what a coincidence?

When I ask these same Persons and other Persons to condemn leftist violence by the Minority in Numbers who do so, they all refuse to do so.

Thank You.

GMS.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:18 am, edited 66 times in total.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 947
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:17 am

GMS, you know I try and help you get your point across more clearly where I can. Here is how you could have summed up that entire thing more simply: "I do not think sharing my opinions is spamming." It is much clearer and more concise than all of that garble which most people, myself included, barely even skimread through. That's the thing that annoys people, you just post so much stuff and half the time it isn't even related, like you complaining how people think you are annoying because you like Trump. No, people think you are annoying because you post like that.

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8979
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:26 am

Istoreya wrote:GMS, you know I try and help you get your point across more clearly where I can. Here is how you could have summed up that entire thing more simply: "I do not think sharing my opinions is spamming." It is much clearer and more concise than all of that garble which most people, myself included, barely even skimread through. That's the thing that annoys people, you just post so much stuff and half the time it isn't even related, like you complaining how people think you are annoying because you like Trump. No, people think you are annoying because you post like that.

Thank You Istoreya My Friend. The Reasons I am Posting all these details and I keep changing the Paragraphs around is to make it very clear to the Moderators and all viewers my side of it, the other side of the story and Facts. Thank you for your constructive advice and concerns My Friend.

My Apologies to the Moderators.

GMS.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores on Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 29660
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:36 am

Greater Miami Shores wrote:<snip>

GMS, the vast majority of your first post in this thread was irrelevant nonsense. A post that is otherwise okay and part of an on-topic discussion can cross the line into spam if the two sentences of relevant disscussion are followed by multiple paragraphs of copy-pasted content irrelevant to the topic of discussion. That is particularly the case when this pattern is repeated across multiple posts in multiple threads.

Greater Miami Shores wrote:The Reasons I am Posting all these details and I keep changing the Paragraphs around is to make it very clear to the Moderators and all viewers my side of it, the other side of the story and Facts.

Stop it. You don't need to, and it may get you warned for spam.

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8979
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:48 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Greater Miami Shores wrote:<snip>

GMS, the vast majority of your first post in this thread was irrelevant nonsense. A post that is otherwise okay and part of an on-topic discussion can cross the line into spam if the two sentences of relevant disscussion are followed by multiple paragraphs of copy-pasted content irrelevant to the topic of discussion. That is particularly the case when this pattern is repeated across multiple posts in multiple threads.

Greater Miami Shores wrote:The Reasons I am Posting all these details and I keep changing the Paragraphs around is to make it very clear to the Moderators and all viewers my side of it, the other side of the story and Facts.

Stop it. You don't need to, and it may get you warned for spam.

Thank you for the advice Sedgistan. I will do as you suggest and advice. I have Stopped.

GMS.
Last edited by Greater Miami Shores on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
I once tried to K Me. Posted It and Reported. Locked by Mods. I am Autistic accounts for Repetitive Nature. I am Very Civil and Respectful to all on NS and off NS. My Opinions Are Not Bad Opinions No Ones Opinions Are Bad Opinons. We are on NS, to share, discuss, argue, disagree, on Trump, elections, Republicans, Democrats, Socialists, Libertarians and whatevers, with respect. This Respect Is Given It Is Not Earned, This Respect Is Called Freedom of Expression and Democracy. This Man Always Says What He Means, I Am The Real Thing. I Make Ted Cruz look like a Leftist. I have been on NS For over 10 Years with a Perfect Record of No Baiting, Trolling, Flaming, or Using Foul Language. I Am Very Proud of It and Wish To Keep My Record Clean. But I Am Not The Only One On NS. GMS. I'm Based.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grand Proudhonia, Kyrusia, Molopovia, Noxii

Advertisement

Remove ads