NATION

PASSWORD

[R] COVID misinfo and attempted threadjack "UK or US" thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

[R] COVID misinfo and attempted threadjack "UK or US" thread

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:19 am

This post by Saiwania seems to be both attempting to sow doubt about the vaccines (with talk of a "conspiracy") and start a threadjack on the subject:
Saiwania wrote:
Many people in my country are complaining about some "Opiod crisis" but I'm not effected by it one bit. Because whilst some doctors pushed poison onto people for pain relief or whatever other minor health problems people had and they just accepted what they were given, I opted out of anything and avoided the whole mess entirely.

Looks like I was wiser in not trusting the pharmaceuticals or anyone else who could conceivably be in the conspiracy. Just as it paid off in not getting the Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine because it was later taken out of circulation because it supposely is causing too many blood clots. If that one went wrong, who knows what else might be wrong with the other vaccines in due time?

I have no reason to get any COVID vaccines sooner than necessary, unless I physically have to travel anywhere. I will be one of the last ones if that is what it'll take to not get a bad outcome.

EDIT: He appears to have edited all after "conspiracy" out. But it still seems totally irrelevant to the thread.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:24 am

It is not misinformation in that it happened. But for what it is worth, I remembered that this website has some more arbitrary rules in place that I forgot about and acted quickly in correcting my error in judgement. This is nothing more than an attempt to get me into trouble and they perhaps have a history of being eager to see me forced off of this website. I will find the article about the vaccine that was taken out of circulation if it will help my case.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jo ... y-n1263898

Any mention of conspiracy was in relation to Opiods and not vaccines in and of itself. Because it is indeed true that for a time, it was believed that prescribed Opiods had more positive effects than negative.

As for it being a threadjack, it was in response to being accused of playing russian roulette with healthcare. That the real situation is that I have my reasons and that they're wiser than people would expect.
Last edited by Saiwania on Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:08 am

Saiwania wrote:As for it being a threadjack, it was in response to being accused of playing russian roulette with healthcare. That the real situation is that I have my reasons and that they're wiser than people would expect.

Actually, not to argue in Moderation, but it worth saying that it was in response to being told that some people would rather not play "Russian roulette with our health", which came -- again -- after Saiwania's post against seeing a doctor "for anything" and trusting Google instead to "make your own diagnosises [sic] and do something about it on your own" (which came in response to my thread-relevant point that I would not live in the US due to the cost of medical treatment).

Worth saying the jack onto medical treatment has stopped, subsequent to the report.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:14 am, edited 5 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:16 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Worth saying the jack onto medical treatment has stopped, subsequent to the report.

If the thread wasn't derailed any from my post, then I can't be held responsible for a threadjack which didn't happen. That is my interpretation of that rule anyways. If there is no misinformation or any threadjack at play now or anymore- then I'm afraid that nothing should be done.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Return to Moderation