NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Frozen Scientist?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
New Jacobland
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Frozen Scientist?

Postby New Jacobland » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:37 pm

Thanks to Chan Island for the idea in Writer's Block.

Validity: Decent Scientific Advancement

In the frozen wastelands of South Blackacre, a New Jacoblandian scientist was allegedly murdered. Unfortunately, the Blackacre government are not too friendly with @@NAME@@. As usual, you have to deal with it.

The deceased man's wife walks in, "We must seek justice for the murder of my cuddle bu- I mean husband. He was murdered right there in Blackacre, yet they won't let us prosecuted the killer. Sanctions, threats, espionage, do it all to get justice for my dear @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@!"

Effect: Petty criminals cost foreign trade billions.

Your Minister for Secret Solutions hurriedly runs into your office, fresh from a phone call. "We can't let this escalate into an international incident, but we cannot let this killer roam free. I suggest we publicly talk rhetoric but secretly strike a deal. Maybe they'll want those spies back..."

Effect: Some of @@NAME@@'s most dangerous terrorists are free.

The slightly eccentric General @@RANDOMNAME@@ barges in, holding a water pistol. "Nuke them! Nuke them all! If they won't extradite every single person to us, rain the fury of Violet on them!" Your Minister for Secret Solutions whispers, "Why did we hire this guy?"

Effect: (Nuclear) Winter is coming.

Timidly walking in, your Minister of Cowardice reaches your desk. "D-does it r-really mat-t-ter if we get the killer or not. He is dead, w-whether we like it or not. And anyway, we shouldn't negotiate with t-terrorists."

Effect: New Jacoblandian emigrants recieve no government support.

Feedback welcome! I will not rush dates or deadlines, and I'll submit once the more experienced writers say it is done.
Last edited by New Jacobland on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link here

My nation does not reflect my IRL views

If I am in a non-The Western Isles RP, ignore all factbooks not marked [FORUM].

Dislikes: Guns, warfare, CCP, Modi, North Korea, cigarettes

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:07 am

/bump

No feedback?
Link here

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:46 pm

Nonsense. If his science was considered important enough to allow him into Blackacre, then his life should also be considered important enough too
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

New Jacobland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jacobland » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:12 pm

/bumping this old draft for issue contest
Link here

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:19 pm

You'd think there'd be an issue on crimes happening in foreign countries.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:24 pm

I think the idea that Chan Island was presenting in the writer's block was related to "how do we prosecute criminals on international waters/unclaimed land", not one of your citizens has been murdered in a hostile country (e.g. Otto Warmbier). It's not even clear why the scientist was there in the first place.

There's not really many options here -- a diplomatic protest or sanctions. Nuking or going to war stretches verisimilitude. Option 4, the emphasis can be changed from cowardice to a matter of personal responsibility. It's the scientist's fault that he worked in a hostile country. The issue options are quite light too, I think you can add some more words to all of the options that you decide to keep.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Return to Got Issues?