NATION

PASSWORD

Omega Mart

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Omega Mart

Postby Untecna » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 pm

Okay, so I'm on Youtube one day, just watching memes and rockets and stuff, when I get recommended this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o40XBXlvXDw

This is an ad for an attraction in Las Vegas. I think...

Has anyone else been recommended this stuff? Anyone been there?

NSG?
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Badassistanian
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Badassistanian » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:35 pm

Its essentially an art installation

Badjuristan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Badjuristan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:37 pm

I got that video too, it scared the hell out of me.
It has a nice closing animation though.
The Islamic Republic of Badjuristan is a Post-soviet Republic, Which is Perpetually stuck in a Notion of Racism, Sexism, Homophobia, Poverty, Homelessness, Gang Wars, Corruption, and Famine.
Map
IRL i'm a Homosexual Yemeni-Uzbek who unironically likes arguments and getting people mad because im a sick cold hearted crapblock
nvm i couldnt fit it

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:29 pm

I've got recommended it once, ignored it since I never been to Omega Mart and it was irrelevant to me, and always have ignored it.
Edit: After watching the video, I think it seems like the videos are just a meme.
Edit 2: After looking up the address on the video into Google Maps, Omega Mart is actually a real place and the videos are just a publicity stunt.
Edit 3: It's actually an art installation themed to look like a grocery store.
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:What can I say? I do know how to improve this out of all measure though. Firstly, print out your draft on some nice paper. Secondly, take your draft out for a healthy walk in the country. Next find a field of cows and feed the draft to them. Finally just wait - the improved end product will come out of their ends so to speak.

But seriously this is just another in a long line of poorly researched, badly written, lazy attempts.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:33 am

Locked for insubstantial OP.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Return to General