NATION

PASSWORD

Can Telegram messages be downloaded?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Nhoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Can Telegram messages be downloaded?

Postby Nhoor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi! I was doing some cleaning in my Telegram inbox and I was wondering if there is a(n easy) way to download them and save them on my computer, so that relevant information about interaction with other nations remains available should someone temporarily break the internet?
Jora li Nhórili monarcíya mey Gehermhach pw Bajwrey. Cleca òt henna déqhahen Lesta wnho Yasytwnwn.
The Dominion of Nhoor is a monarchy in the Western Isles. Click here to view the Factbook.

The Cazistan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cazistan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:40 pm

screenshot

Nhoor
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Nhoor » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:44 pm

But there are several long discussions; it would be rather complicated to take screenshots of every single telegram...
Jora li Nhórili monarcíya mey Gehermhach pw Bajwrey. Cleca òt henna déqhahen Lesta wnho Yasytwnwn.
The Dominion of Nhoor is a monarchy in the Western Isles. Click here to view the Factbook.

The Cazistan
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cazistan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:45 pm

take a bunch of screenshots and put them in to a .zip file

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:20 pm

You can use the "Save Page As..." option in your browser (might be called something slightly else depending on your browser, but it should amount to the same thing, probably accessible both from the File menu in the menubar and from right-clicking).

Before you do so, it may be a good idea to change the link so you're reading your telegrams from http://embed.nationstates.net/page=telegrams, so it cuts out the stuff that it's silly to save like sidebars.

You could even go for http://embed.nationstates.net/page=telegrams/template-overall=none, but that might be too barebones.

That's all. I'm not aware of any way to make things easier than that. In particular, you'll be saving the full telegrams page, interface elements that aren't actually useful on a local copy included, not just the text of the telegrams themselves.

Return to Technical