NATION

PASSWORD

2412 Planetary Cup (FT, Results, Closed)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Alversia
Minister

Founded: Apr 26, 2007
Ex-Nation

2412 Planetary Cup (FT, Results, Closed)

Postby Alversia » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 am

“Gooooood morning, Alversia! Toni Reilly waking you up on this wonderful summer morning on Icoras FM! It is a toasty 28 degrees and it’s only getting hotter so keep those bikinis close to hand! I can tell you there’s not a single cloud in the sky anywhere on Icoras and the sun’s as bright as can be! Oh girl, can I tell you that I am, so, bloody, excited and I think you can all tell why! If you’ve just woken up from cyrosleep or fallen out of a dimensional portal after a few years away then let me bring you up to speed with three simple words!

“It. Is. Here!

“Yes, after months of speculation and years of anticipation we are now here! It is at last time for the 133rd Planetary Cup to begin! It may only be seven in the morning but Illesia is already buzzing, packed to bursting with peoples from all over the twin galaxies! If any of our guests are listening then welcome, all of you! Welcome to Illesia and to the excitement of the Planet’s Cup! Of course, there’s those who aren’t waiting for the opening ceremony tonight to start their celebrations. Terrapin Avenue has been taken over by the Pasceni and Setulanites so any would be commuters need to avoid that whole area! Unless you’re planning to bunk off and join them of course. I know I was! Um…that was a joke of course, producer, I’d never do a thing like that. Again. Not that I think that party’s ending any time soon and there’ll definitely be something left to drink by the end!

“Anywhoo, the Planetary Cup! 56 planets from across the Alversian Republic, Xiscapian Empire, Setulanite Republic and Vipran Imperium have descended on the capital planet of the People’s Republic! 8 groups of 7 teams each, only team from each can progress to the knockout stages. I’m sure you’re all excited to see how Alversia will do! Can they take back the crown? Can Dela regain the title they won eight years ago? Can our new Vipran contenders make a splash (Ha, I’m so original and funny). Will the Xiscapians leave a paw print deep in the knock out stages? Can Setulanite discipline overcome the most ardent of challenges that await them and, most importantly, will any of those Pasceni fans actually make it to a stadium in any condition to watch football? That was a joke of course, I know they will!

“I’ve nattered on enough though I think, this first song’s a request from Dani Hayter for her wife, Bloom! I’m Toni Reilly on Icoras FM, stay tuned for qualification summaries and team previews for each group!”

Code: Select all
GROUP A
1. Andalus al-Jadida (VI)
2. Pascen (APR)
3. Kel (KEX)
4. Ranus VI (APR)
5. Batari (VI)
6. Miller (APR)
7. Red Peak (APR)

GROUP B
1. Alumi (APR)
2. Ranus V (KEX)
3. Vekis (SR)
4. Irondawn (APR)
5. Hilda Rein (KEX)
6. Arel (KEX)
7. Patuxant (VI)

GROUP C
1. Volutiol (VI)
2. Benedict II (APR)
3. Titan (APR)
4. New Elanth (KEX)
5. Fel'narsha (KEX)
6. Epoch (APR)
7. Naversia (APR)

GROUP D
1. Alversia (APR)
2. Sanoya (APR)
3. Madra Kihr (Z)
4. Libertas (KEX)
5. Ross (APR)
6. Toron (APR)
7. Moytan (SR)

GROUP E
1. Dela (APR)
2. Xiscapia (KEX)
3. Classi (SR)
4. Glacies (KEX)
5. Yroaupz (KEX)
6. Elin (APR)
7. Borom Alpha (VI)

GROUP F
1. Gerral (APR)
2. Wuin (KEX)
3. Nova Max (KEX)
4. Cruor (KEX)
5. Martell (APR)
6. Verne (APR)
7. Zaro (VI)

GROUP G
1. Ghassl (VI)
2. Earthius (APR)
3. Virupa (KEX)
4. Ramilles (APR)
5. Mithrin (APR)
6. Setulan (SR)
7. Macronia (APR)

GROUP H
1. New Omega (VI)
2. Veto (SR)
3. Allurus (VI)
4. Ruthen Major (VI)
5. Bastille (KEX)
6. Solcrum (APR)
7. Calaveras (KEX)
Last edited by Alversia on Tue May 04, 2021 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 am

Planets Cup 2412 – Vipran Qualifying Summary (Group Stages)
Amy Delaware – Sports Writer – ANN Sports

Despite what my girlfriend will tell you, I’m always happy to be proven wrong! Like many, I was a little unsure of how the Vipran Imperium would handle their first Planets Cup invitation. I wasn’t sure what type of games we’d see, what storylines would evolve, if any challengers capable of going for the title would emerge from the 10 rounds of competition, Whoa, girl was I barking up the wrong tree! We have seen goals and excitement galore, glorious games, stunning upsets and storylines aplenty! There’s a few teams who’ve caught my eye in particular and who I’m looking forward to seeing tangle with the best on Alversia! With that cheery thought in mind, let’s take a look at how the groups shaped up!

Alpha Qualifying
Teams Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Volutiol 8 5 3 0 10 2 +8 18
2. Allurus 8 3 3 2 19 12 +7 12
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Garsea 8 2 3 3 6 9 −3 9
4. Nuevo 8 0 6 2 5 9 −4 6
5. Talyth 8 1 3 4 6 14 −8 6

There was no small amount of intrigue surrounding the Alpha Quadrant’s Qualifying Group. With the core worlds concentrated in this group, the media circus that surrounded these games was intense! Every Vipran correspondent I spoke with were asking the same question; who would take the group, Allurus or Volutiol? In the end, it was Volutiol who triumphed with a woeful stat-line that belies a discipline and compactness. 30% of Volutiol’s goals came in one game; a 3-0 away win at Talyth, meaning they scored just 7 goals in 7 games. What won them the group however was their hardworking defence; conceding 2 goals in just one game, a 2-2 draw with Allurus. That means they kept 7 clean sheets in 8 games! 7! Allurus did their best to keep up but a home defeat to Volutiol in week 1 (where they didn’t score by the way) and an away loss to Garsea kept them from maintaining any sort of pressure at the top. An honorary mention in this group goes to Garsea, who managed to pick up 4 points in two games against the mighty Allurus and made it to the Play offs!

Beta Qualifying 
Teams Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1. Batari 8 7 0 1 15 6 +9 21
2. Borom Alpha 8 3 3 2 10 9 +1 12
3. Zaro 8 2 2 4 5 6 −1 8
4. Verkford 8 2 2 4 5 8 −3 8
5. Aquarius 8 1 3 4 8 14 −6 6

Group B was less of a competition and more of a procession with Batari taking the group without really breaking a sweat. Their home run was particularly impressive; with 4 wins from 4 games, conceding only two goals in the process. Borom Alpha, in comparison struggled down the stretch. After starting the campaign with two wins from 2, they won just one of their next 6 and sort of fell over the finishing line. The biggest props in this group have to go to Zaro however! They weren’t given much of a choice before the games started but they showed some proper grit to snatch a Play-Off place, including Batari’s only defeat! As a self-admitted sucker for the underdog, I’ll be watching them with great interest come the play offs!

Delta Qualifying 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Andalus al-Jadida 8 7 1 0 20 2 +18 22
2 Patuxant 8 4 1 3 12 6 +6 13
3 Levanti 8 3 1 4 10 10 0 10
4 Bataan 8 2 2 4 15 11 +4 8
5 Masaya 8 1 1 6 8 36 −28 4

Let me tell you a story; I was out on the town in Alversia one night when I came across a Vipran friend of mine, a writer for another publication. Several espresso martinis later, she made a bet with me; that Andalus al-Jadida would go undefeated in their group. I eagerly (and incoherently) accepted that bet and now here I am; with egg on my face and an IOU in my wallet. Despite their impressive campaign; I’m still not sold on Andalus al-Jadida and that’s not just because I’m a sore loser. It was clear from week one that AAJ were heads and shoulders above the competition, but we’ll have to wait and see how they do against better challengers. The wooden spoon in this group goes to Bataan, who somehow managed to finish behind a Levanti team who went winless in their final four games, by going winless in their final three games! That takes some doing, though given their opponents in the play-offs, they’re probably thankful.

Gamma Qualifying	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Ghassl 8 5 2 1 19 8 +11 17
2 Ruthen Major 8 4 3 1 17 9 +8 15
3 New Omega 8 3 4 1 16 9 +7 13
4 Razon 8 2 1 5 7 16 −9 7
5 Alveraan 8 1 0 7 6 23 −17 3

After many years of following football; us gnarled and wizened sports types always say the same thing; “Beware the favourites tag” and I’m thrilled to be proven right once again. Many (including me!) had New Omega qualifying from this group easily but they struggled to put teams away, drawing half their games. Ghassl, in comparison, had no such problems and cruised to qualification on the back of some very exciting football (their only loss coming to New Omega in the final week when qualification was assured. Ruthen Major likewise had a strong campaign, losing only one game at home and securing automatic qualification on the last day. New Omega will go through to the Play-Offs where Levanti get to enjoy facing that undoubtedly vengeful team.
Last edited by Alversia on Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:23 am

The Vipran Playoffs

Game 1: 1st Leg: Garsea vs. Zaro

This was the first Planetary Cup qualifying game in the history of the Vipran Imperium and hoo boy did it show! Well, for one team anyway. Zaro looked like crasha caught in the headlights in a fraught and chaotic opening period. Garsea took advantage of some panicked defending to take the lead early; scoring through striker Bekavvi Firinaelya in just the fifth minute (also her fifth goal of qualifying, in a quite satisfying symmetry). Those Zaro supporters hoping this would steady the nerves of their team were to be bitterly disappointed as some shambolic defending again allowed Garsea through in the nineteenth minute, only to concede a penalty which Vaesheerri Medron duly converted, her first goal of the campaign. Zaro somehow managed to make it through the rest of the half without deepening the hole they’d dug for themselves and grew into the second half. In the 80th minute, they got their reward; a free kick scored by Paltyn Tenebavnya to give them a crucial away goal. In the end however, Garsea held on to the win, albeit with Zaro having that away goal to contend with.

Final score: Garsea 2 – 1 Zaro

Game 2: 1st Leg: Levanti vs. New Omega

Well, suffice it to say that no one expected New Omega to be here; scrapping for survival in the play-offs and two games away from being knocked out entirely. People thought they would play angry and goodness me, did they play angry! Levanti barely had a sniff of the ball all game and were lucky to only concede two goals, one a free kick by alumina Sepesyra D'Voynarmear in the fifth minute and then another by kitsune midfielder Tanaka in the 26th minute. The win in the end was comfortable, the two away goals likely decisive. Levanti are not out by any means but they have one hell of a mountain to climb in the second leg.

Final Score: Levanti 0 – 2 New Omega

Game 1: 2nd Leg: Zaro vs. Garsea

So you would think that Zaro might have learned something from their last game, that maybe they would need to tighten up a bit in defence and keep the game close at least in the early stage. Then again, why do that? This time they lasted just seven minutes (yes a whole two minutes longer than in the first game) before conceding a corner from which towering atoran defender Zintol Kashaman smashed in a thumping header. With all caution thrown to the wind, Zaro attacked relentlessly and grabbed an equaliser in the 21st minute through top scorer Rihtam Kakaruman. They managed to keep the game level for a whole 11 minutes before Zaro again gave away a corner and again they conceded, this time a header by defender Molokki Kinlaya. Now with absolutely nothing to lose, Zaro went all out in the second half, attacking again and again but showing why they were a team who only scored 5 goals in 8 games in the groups. They earned their reward in the 69th minute when Kashaman was unfortunate to put the ball in his own goal to draw up the game. With Garsea now owning the away goal advantage however, Zaro needed two goals and attacked relentlessly. Their recklessness was punished in the end when Garsea counter-attacked and scored through Firinaelya in the 82nd minute, putting paid to any hopes Zaro may have had. So the underdog is out but take nothing from Garsea, their hardworking defence and prowess from set pieces has been enough to book their place on Alversia where I doubt anyone will be looking forward to defending corners against them!

Final Score: Zaro 2 – 3 Garsea (3 – 5 agg.)

Game 2: 2nd Leg: New Omega vs. Levanti

I have a reputation (somewhat unjustly I think) of being a gambler and there have been games where I’ve backed the underdog to grab a result. This was one such occasion, where I thought that the pressure on New Omega might see them buckle. Any such thoughts were dismissed within the first 30 minutes however, when D'Voynarmear scored twice within the first half hour; first a free kick from just outside the box and then a penalty which she also won. After that, any hope of Levanti winning was all but gone although they got the goal their play deserved through striker Johanna Bezobrazov just before half time. Any hope of a fight in the second half was extinguished as New Omega controlled possession throughout and earned themselves a comfortable win. It was not perhaps the way in which anyone thought it would happen but New Omega have sailed through to the Planet’s Cup where they will hope to reach the form of the play offs rather than the rather underwhelming group stages.

Final Score: New Omega 2 – 1 Levanti (4 – 1 agg.)
Last edited by Alversia on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:02 am

Planets Cup 2412 – Xiscapian Qualifying Summary (Group Stages)

Bark Greenhew – Sports Writer – ANN Sports

Just as the leaves begin to fall from the trees and the last of the migrant birds take flight for their summer homes, so too does the Xiscapian qualifying draw to an end! We have had such excitement throughout the many weeks of football, with some intense and close games and others which were not so close. Even in those games though, there was drama and fun to be had and I am thrilled to have had such large crowds cheering on every team no matter their results or ambitions! Football is blossoming in the Xiscapian Empire, I am delighted to say and there will be some exciting teams making their way to Alversia. Any time I feel down about my beloved Volana’s failure to qualify, I need only think of what is growing within the Empire and I get that warm, fuzzy feeling back. Without further ado, let us see the groups in all their glory!

Group A 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Arel 10 5 4 1 20 13 +7 19
2 Wuin 10 4 4 2 14 11 +3 16
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Athlathon 10 4 4 2 7 4 +3 16
4 Estus 10 3 3 4 13 14 −1 12
5 Alno'kae 10 3 2 5 11 16 −5 11
6 New Rastha 10 1 3 6 3 10 −7 6

This was the first of so many exciting groups! With just two rounds of games left to go, there were four of the six teams that could still qualify! Many would have thought Estus would get out of this group and that Wuin would take the group but this is why we all love football so much! Estus struggled against those teams in form unfortunately, taking only 3 points from a possible 18 against the teams that finished above them. Arel meanwhile, played wonderful football and pipped Wuin on the final day with a 3-0 win over Alno’kae. Wuin were maybe a little lucky maybe to avoid the play offs, as Athlathon could have hopped over them with a win. They were only able to draw with Estus though and so much go through the play offs, which is not a bad thing! Certainly it gives the fans lots of opportunities to cheer on their stars!

Group B 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 New Elanth 10 7 2 1 19 4 +15 23
2 Ranus V 10 7 2 1 21 11 +10 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 Yroaupz 10 5 2 3 14 14 0 17
4 Kawachi 10 3 3 4 4 6 −2 12
5 Opimae Sylva 10 0 4 6 4 16 −12 4
6 Grux 10 0 3 7 3 14 −11 3

I’ll let you into a little secret; we’re not supposed to have favourites as sports writers and I really just want everyone to do so well that I usually don’t anyway but I just couldn’t help myself! Ranus V have such a young team and they’ve had to overcome so much hardship to even make it this far and now look at them! No one was really sure how they would play but they have not only defied all expectations but they have excelled and were so close to topping the group, only for New Elanth to pip them on the final day! This was such a hard group with no gimmie games but they lost just a single game; a 5-1 home loss to New Elanth meaning they conceded just six goals in 9 games. New Elanth look scary though, conceding just 4 goals in 10 games and scoring 19 for comfortably the best goal difference in the group. Kawachi will maybe look back and think they could have done more but with New Elanth, Ranus V and Yroaupz in form, they just could not keep up. They did have the second best record in the group though so I hope they take some solace from that and come back stronger in the next tournament.

Group C 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts
1 Virupa 10 7 2 1 23 8 +15 23
2 Bastille 10 5 3 2 7 3 +4 18
3 Dolosus 10 4 2 4 16 12 +4 14
4 Sauntria 10 3 2 5 10 18 −8 11
5 Laxer 10 3 1 6 4 12 −8 10
6 Cholk 10 2 2 6 9 16 −7 8

Well, this group did not go at all how anyone thought it would and I am delighted by it! The flat across from mine is owned by a group of Virupan kitsune and it’s been wonderful to see them so happy (and to hear them celebrate into the early hours, even if it does make the next day a bit more difficult). No one can say they did not deserve it either; after picking up just 4 points from 9 available in their first three games, Virupa went on to drop just two points in their next 7, backed by the goals of midfielder Meiko and striker Kaya. Bastille also deserve plenty of credit, earning their place behind a stingy defence that conceded only 3 goals, the best record of any Xiscapian team. There was even excitement on the final day with Dolossus winning their game and Sauntria losing theirs to see the kitsune planet pip the Kaynins. Cholk were very unlucky to be drawn in such a competitive group but there’s plenty of scope for them to improve and look to qualify for the next tournament.

Group D 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Glacies 10 4 3 3 9 7 +2 15
2 Kel 10 4 3 3 13 13 0 15
3 Libertas 10 4 3 3 8 8 0 15
4 Imperio 10 4 2 4 9 12 −3 14
5 Krone 10 3 3 4 12 8 +4 12
6 Tigarius 10 3 2 5 10 13 −3 11

Well, this was the most exciting group of them all! Coming into the final round of fixtures, four of the six teams still had a chance of qualifying and top ranked Glacies could have easily dropped to third! Kel were left to sweat in that final week, their games played and awaiting to find their fate but the fates were kind. Glacies and Libertas both drew, meaning three teams finished on 15 points! In the end, Glacies and Kel will march straight through to the Planets Cup finals while Libertas will need to go through the play offs. Imperio and Krone were very unfortunate not to get more out of such a tight group but the fates did not smile on them this time around. As with so many teams I’ve already discussed however, they can look forward to more successful and competitive campaigns next year, perhaps with an easier draw than this!

Group E 		Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Hilda Rein 12 7 1 4 14 13 +1 22
2 Xiscapia 12 5 5 2 26 17 +9 20
3 Enon 12 5 2 5 10 11 −1 17
4 Kirisubo Primus 12 5 2 5 14 16 −2 17
5 New Elanth 12 4 4 4 21 13 +8 16
6 Tuohisa 12 3 4 5 7 14 −7 13
7 Locar 12 3 2 7 5 13 −8 11

Well there was certainly a lot of intrigue around this group! The so called “Group of Death” of this year’s qualification. So many good teams! New Elanth, Kirisubo Primus and of course, Xiscapia! You can imagine everyone’s surprise (and mine, I must say) when it was in fact Hilda Rein who took the group! Xiscapia ran them close but 5 draws from 10 games came back to haunt them and scoring 26 goals (the best of every Xiscapian team) was balanced out by conceding 17 in 12 which will worry their coach Laoise Lawrence. Kirisubo Primus were left to rue their final game, which in many ways summed up their entire campaign. With a chance still to qualify after Enon lost, Kirisubo Primus were defeated 2-1 at home by bottom team Locar and so they are going home unfortunately for them. Enon however, book their place in the playoffs, one of just two teams to do so with a negative goal difference. New Elanth can also feel a little hard done by, scoring freely but a run of just one win in six games in the middle of their campaign sees them miss out. If they can iron out their consistency problems, they will be back and as a proper force!

Group F 		Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Cruor 12 9 2 1 24 8 +16 29
2 Nova Max 12 5 3 4 15 11 +4 18
3 Fel'narsha 12 5 2 5 12 13 −1 17
4 Nakamoto 12 4 4 4 17 17 0 16
5 Polaris 12 4 3 5 21 23 −2 15
6 Notron 12 4 1 7 11 17 −6 13
7 Davenport Gateway 12 3 1 8 18 29 −11 10

Oooh, there will be a lot of nervous teams tonight across the twin galaxies after this group reached its conclusion. There are a lot of things I have learned from this campaign but this is one of the most important; Cruor are a seriously impressive team! They won this group at a trot, dropping just 7 points out of an available 36, with the second best offensive record and amongst the best defensive. No one else in the group could keep pace though they certainly tried! Nova Max certainly deserve credit for being the only team to defeat Cruor and the Berrax can look forward to their draw in the Planets Cup. It was also a wonderful debut campaign for the Necrians of Fel’narsha who edged out Nakamoto to snatch the last playoff place. If I was them though, I would be sending something nice to Davenport Gateway, whose surprising last day 4-2 defeat of Nakamoto allowed Fel’narsha to progress to the play offs.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:11 am

The Xiscapian Playoffs

Game 1: 1st Leg Athlathon vs. Yroaupz

This was the first game of the Xiscapian play offs and it was an edgy first half, with both teams feeling one another out. Of course, Athlathon got this far on resolute defence and without scoring many goals so it was no surprise that the game was so tight. That changed early in the second half when star Sar striker Memas scored in the 48th minute, capitalising on a rare lapse in the Athlathon defence. Given no choice but to come out of their shells, Athlathon were more attacking and equalised in the 74th minute through midfielder Abdalla Nkeirouka. Then, with only four minutes left, Yroaupz midfielder Litas broke Athlathon hearts with a winner, giving them no time to reply. My heart goes out to them, they worked so hard but, having conceded two away goals, they’ve given themselves everything to do in the second leg.
Final Result: Athlathon 1 – 2 Yroaupz

Game 2: 1st Leg Dolosus vs. Libertas
Wow! What a game! Libertas were able to put a disappointing campaign behind them in which they were so, so unlucky not to qualify automatically and played a nearly perfect game away from home. Dolosus are a team who play high risk, high reward football and the result of that was on display for all to see with four first half goals. Four! It was Sasa (different player to the Yroaupz striker) who got the rollercoaster going in just the fourth minute only to see Dolosus midfielder Botan equalise a mere 3 minutes later! The teams were level for only ten more minutes before Sasa scored again, a lovely finish from just inside the box. The game continued in much the same way, back and forth with chances galore. Libertas top striker Vanden Rau was slipped through in the 43rd minute and scored past despairing keeper Hisoka. The second half could not possibly live up to the goal scoring of the first but it was still a wonderful game to watch and I for one cannot wait to see the second leg!
[align=center]Final Result: Dolosus 1 – 3 Libertas

Game 3: 1st Leg Enon vs. Fel’narsha

This was one of the games I was most looking forward to in the play offs (I say that about all of them, I know) but this time I really mean it! The Xenans and Necrians came into this game with the same number of wins, draws and losses from the groups and very similar stat-lines. I was looking forward to an intriguing tactical battle between two evenly matched teams but it did not pan out that way thanks mostly to a pair of siblings. Striker Stelian Luci twice set up his sister, midfielder Nicoleta Luci to score in the first half (the second being a penalty after Stelian was held back when through on goal) to settle this game. Top scorer Dela Mercator put the polish on the result with a clinical finish in the 83rd minute to leave Enon with a near literal mountain to climb in the second leg.
Final Result: Enon 0 – 3 Fel’narsha

Game 1: 2nd Leg Yroaupz vs. Athlathon

Coming into this game, Athlathon knew what they had to do; win this game by at least two goals to qualify. The first half was tight and tactical as all Athlathon games have been prior to this and the first 45 minutes went by without a single goal or even a decent chance. In the second half; they threw caution to the wind and began attacking. They were punished for their looser defence when Litas scored again 10 minutes after half time. Athlathon attacked more intensely and equalised ten minutes later through Sasa. They were unable to score further however and so Athlathon’s campaign ends here. I cannot take anything from Yroaupz though, they’ve worked hard and earned their just rewards.
Final Result: Yroaupz 1 - 1 Athlathon (3 – 2 agg.)

Game 2: 2nd Leg Libertas vs. Dolosus

There were not quite so many goals in this leg as there had been in the first but that did make it any less of a spectacle! Dolosus attacked in waves, because that is how Dolosus play while Libertas were always dangerous on the counterattack. It took them just half an hour to demonstrate this when midfielder Junda broke away and managed to score past Hisoka in the Dolosus goal. After this, Libertas were content to defend but remained a threat on the counter. Dolusus could not break through until the second half when they scored through Yori but could not get any of the other goals they needed. So Libertas have gone through to the Planetary Cup but Dolosus can hold their heads high for being such an entertaining team to watch!
Final Result: Libertas 1 - 1 Dolosus (4 – 2 agg.)

Game 3: 2nd Leg Fel’narsha vs. Enon

Another day and another game controlled by the Luci siblings! They didn’t get on the scoresheet this time but each provided an assist for Waleis Lucioni who scored in each half to really put this game beyond the reach of Enon. They deserved better after such a good campaign and I was delighted that their travelling supporters were still singing and cheering their team on even when down by such a large margin. In the end, they got their reward when defender Vizsla scored in the final five minutes to take the edge off a very unflattering and very harsh scoreline. They can build on a promising campaign and look forward to the future. Of course, they won’t be the only team who suffer at the hands of the Luci siblings who now have 8 goals between them in qualifying. I bet their parents are thrilled about that because I know I am!
Final Result: Fel'narsha 2 - 1 Enon (5 – 1 agg.)
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:59 am

Planets Cup 2412 – Alversian Qualifying Summary (Group Stages)

Isatra Laetti D’Alversia – Sports Writer – ANN Sports

Another qualification is complete. We now know the teams who will represent the Alversian People’s Republic in the 2412 Planets Cup, the largest tournament yet. With hosts Alversia and reigning champions Dela automatically qualifying there was some intrigue as to how the most storied teams of this tournament would compete with more competitors spread across two galaxies. There were some groups of interest and others that were little more than processions as larger and more resource-rich teams overrunning their smaller competitors. Some of the less storied teams have generated nationwide interest with their performances while others who would have been expected to qualify have fallen short of the standards demanded of them. At this stage, predicting who will go deep into the competition finals is impossible; there are too many teams of quality not just from the APR but from the KEX, VI and Setulanite Republic. Below are the summaries of the Alversian groups, who did well, who disappointed and who I think will make waves in the finals.

Group A 		Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Pascen 12 9 1 2 43 17 +26 28
2 Epoch 12 6 3 3 25 23 +2 21
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3 New Imbiegħed 12 6 2 4 29 21 +8 20
4 Verne 12 6 2 4 20 18 +2 20
5 Raud Kodu 12 5 1 6 22 36 −14 16
6 Airon 12 2 3 7 10 18 −8 9
7 Cancoon 12 1 2 9 24 40 −16 5

Always popular with the neutrals, Pascen lived up to their pre-qualifying billing as favourites for this group. They scored 43 goals in just 12 games, the highest of the Alversian groups and amongst the highest in qualification history. A highlight was their 11-1 defeat of Raud Kodu though a 7-1 defeat to New Imbiegħed may give cause for concern. The Silarian colony should have taken second in this group but were careless in their last game, a 2-0 defeat to 6th place Airon which allowed Epoch to leapfrog them with a wholly unconvincing 2-1 win over Raud Kodu, condemning New Imbiegħed to a play off game. Joining them form this group is Verne who were little more than acceptable; winning the games they needed to win and taking just 4 points of a possible 18 from the teams above them. All of these were won against New Imbiegħed.

Group B 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts
1 Earthius 14 9 2 3 30 14 +16 29
2 Ramilles 14 8 2 4 24 19 +5 26
3 Elin 14 6 4 4 24 18 +6 22
4 Red Peak 14 6 4 4 21 20 +1 22
5 Tigress 14 5 4 5 19 16 +3 19
6 Drydax 14 5 1 8 19 27 −8 16
7 Faustus 14 3 4 7 14 22 −8 13
8 Nara 14 1 5 8 15 30 −15 8

Earthius were expected to win this group without breaking sweat but to say they did not get off to a get start would be a mild understatement. They picked up just one win from their first four games and things were looking bleak. For their own sake and perhaps not wishing to face those angry miners if they failed to qualify, the team rallied and went 10 games undefeated to top the group with a game to spare. Ramilles were in the driving seat for most of the campaign but dropped off badly in the final stages, winning just two of their final five games and falling over the line in the end. Elin and Red Peak finished in the play off places, a notable achievement for both. Fausta will have expected better of their team but were poor throughout; a 2-1 defeat against Ramilles in their final game summing up their entire campaign.

Group C 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Benedict II 14 10 1 3 33 15 +18 31
2 Irondawn 14 8 2 4 12 6 +6 26
3 Ferra 14 8 1 5 12 7 +5 25
4 Mithrin 14 6 4 4 21 12 +9 22
5 Aretia 14 7 1 6 17 16 +1 22
6 Fausa 14 4 2 8 7 12 −5 14
7 Starlight 14 3 3 8 19 26 −7 12
8 Marder 14 2 2 10 12 39 −27 8

Benedict II came into this group as heavy favourites and they very much lived up to that tag throughout. They won this group without even really needing to try, beginning the campaign with a 9-1 demolition of Marder and never really looking back. There was some excitement in the final round of games with Irondawn and Ferra playing for the final qualification place; a game which Irondawn won 1-0 to advance while Ferra must take the long road if they wish to make it to Alversia. Mithrin had a quietly effective campaign, never threatening automatic qualification but securing the last playoff spot with some excellent performances, including defeating Benedict II twice. Aretia, long time bridesmaids of the interplanetary competitions, tied with the elves on points but with an inferior goal difference. For this, I am glad as a team who lost 6 of their 14 games making it through to the playoffs at the expense of a team with some actual promise would have been a travesty of sporting justice.

Group D 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Alumi 14 9 4 1 10 2 +8 31
2 Ross 14 9 0 5 19 6 +13 27
3 New Rise 14 6 5 3 16 11 +5 23
4 Malacus 14 6 4 4 16 11 +5 22
5 MWG Colonies 14 5 3 6 9 11 −2 18
6 Pegasus 14 4 5 5 13 17 −4 17
7 Sanguine 14 2 7 5 15 19 −4 13
8 Xemx Qawwija 14 0 2 12 10 31 −21 2

I wish, as an alumina myself, I could say that I was thrilling with Alumi qualifying top of Group D and losing just a single game but I would be lying. The truth is that while they were efficient, my fellow felines played some of the most negative and boring football I have ever seen. Fortunately they made up in discipline and tactical skill for what they very much lacked in entertainment. Just 10 goals scored in their 14 games is, frankly, shambolic. For as ridiculous as that stat is, even so more so is that they conceded just two goals in those same 14 games and they kept a truly mind-boggling 12 clean sheets. Ross did well to try and keep up but losing 3 of their 7 home games was too much to overcome. New Rise and Malacus meanwhile were never really in danger of either automatic qualification or missing the play offs, though the planet of business may reflect on if they are getting a sufficient return on their significant investment over the past ten years, having struggled against a number of so-called ‘lesser’ teams.

Group E 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Solcrum 14 12 1 1 30 6 +24 37
2 Titan 14 8 2 4 24 8 +16 26
3 Irongate 14 7 3 4 22 11 +11 24
4 Toron 14 6 2 6 8 7 +1 20
5 HG Colonies 14 5 3 6 6 8 −2 18
6 Crystalline 14 4 4 6 7 17 −10 16
7 Vieira 14 3 2 9 5 26 −21 11
8 Toyona 14 1 3 10 3 22 −19 6

The narrative for this group had been settled before a ball had been kicked. Who would win; Titan or Irongate? In the end, it was neither but perhaps the least likely team who emerged as winners beyond perhaps Toyona. Solcrum were projected to finish in the bottom half of the group but instead took their opponents by the scruff of the neck. They dropped just four points from 14 games; conceding just 6 goals in 14 games and scoring 30. Titan and Irongate, the favourites for the group were left trailing in their wake, unable to keep pace with the amphibious colony’s momentum. Between the two, it was Titan who scraped through automatically while Irongate will have to take the gamble of the play offs. Toron took the final qualifying spot though were lucky to do so, needing a favour from Solcrum to keep the HG Colonies team from overtaking them with the final game of the season.

Group F 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Sanoya 14 11 3 0 18 3 +15 36
2 Ranus VI 14 8 3 3 26 17 +9 27
3 Naversia 14 7 2 5 12 8 +4 23
4 New Oakhelm 14 5 5 4 12 13 −1 20
5 Vargas 14 5 1 8 16 17 −1 16
6 Dragon's Peak 14 4 3 7 8 13 −5 15
7 Hapasca 14 3 2 9 13 24 −11 11
8 Apex 14 2 3 9 6 16 −10 9

In the past there have been references to “A group of death”, that is a group where anyone could qualify, and no team is assured of any result. This group was about as far away from that as possible. The “F” in “Group F” I am confident stood for “Fairly Straightforward” and was a straight procession for each team in each position. Sanoya went undefeated, the only team to do so in the APR, conceding a very impressive 3 goals in 14 games to win at a cantor. Ranus VI were behind them, securing their position before the final week while Naversia and New Oakhelm comfortably secured their playoff spots.

Group G 	Pld 	W 	D 	L 	GF 	GA 	GD 	Pts 
1 Gerral 14 9 4 1 9 1 +8 31
2 Martell 14 8 4 2 11 4 +7 28
3 Silaria 14 7 4 3 10 6 +4 25
4 Miller 14 5 6 3 11 9 +2 21
5 Volana 14 5 4 5 8 8 0 19
6 Art-tal Ros 14 2 4 8 4 10 −6 10
7 Scarmount 14 2 4 8 3 10 −7 10
8 Ardracole 14 2 2 10 7 15 −8 8

Gerral were the favourites for this group, and they won as they always do with a disciplined and structured defence that strangled teams before them. To concede just a single goal in 14 games is an incredible, though rather ironically that goal came in their one defeat, to Martell. There were rather too many draws for some people’s liking. Martell were very close to taking the group but two defeats from their final three games robbed them of the opportunity. Silaria qualified for the first time in three tournaments which will please them, as will some notable victories against the likes of Martell. Miller also did enough to take the final playoff place before the final round of games, such that even a victory by Volona on the final day was not enough to overtake the Gerralians.
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:35 am

The Alversian Playoffs

Game 1: 1st Leg Silaria vs. Mithrin

A rather drab draw between two underwhelming teams. Both seemed more concerned with not losing this game rather than winning it, which I suspect has played into Mithrin’s hands more than Silaria’s. They now have a home game to take the tie whereas the only positive for Silaria is that they have not conceded an away goal.
Final Result: Silaria 0 – 0 Mithrin

Game 2: 1st Leg Elin vs. New Oakhelm

In what was a close and evenly matched game, it was the Aretian colony who gained the upper hand with the final result. New Oakhelm will feel aggrieved perhaps as this was a close game that could have gone either way before striker Herion Nyenna scored early in the second half. Sustained waves of pressure from New Oakhelm could not find a way through as the Aretians dealt comfortably with their attacks. This has given Elin an advantage going into the second leg, though it is precarious.
Final Result: Elin 1 – 0 New Oakhelm

Game 3: 1st Leg New Rise vs. Red Peak

In the battle of colonies named after mountains, it was the defences who stood tall. At least it was for seventeen minutes before Red Peak striker, ferret Olszewski finished off a defence splitting pass from midfielder Walczak. The game petered out after that, with New Rise having a few opportunities to equalise and squandering what few they had. This gives Red Peak a very strong chance to qualify for their first planet’s cup and with an underwhelming New Rise needing to up their game in the second leg.
Final Result: New Rise 0 – 1 Red Peak

Game 4: 1st Leg Irongate vs. Verne

Irongate came into this game as strong favourites though after their performances in the group campaign I am not entirely sure why. There was yet more evidence of that in this game, in many ways a microcosm of their season. Irongate dominated after taking the lead in the 16th minute before allowing a sloppy goal in the second half through substitute striker Lom Ray. Irongate pressed even more forcefully and did score three minutes later to take the lead once again, one which they held. Although they take a narrow advantage into the second leg, Verne’s away goal may come back to haunt the Greali.
Final Result: Irongate 2 – 1 Verne

Game 5: 1st Leg New Imbiegħed vs. Toron

The Silarian colony did well to make it as far as the playoffs and they did it on the back of playing an attacking brand of football but that seemed to desert them for this game. It was a nervy game in which there was little to write about except an endless number of mistakes, overhit passes and nervy clearances. I believe Toron will be happier with this draw than New Imbiegħed who have lost three qualifying games on the bounce away from home.
Final Result: New Imbiegħed 0 – 0 Toron

Game 6: 1st Leg Naversia vs. Malacus

This was a clash of the haves versus the have-nots. Malacus have a long and storied history in this competition, having won it multiple times but they have fallen on hard times recently. Naversia are a rising power of football, an Aretian colony who have brought though multiple talented, young players. This was on full display in an entertaining back and forth; first Naversia took the lead through Castamir, their leading midfielder and it remained that way at half time. The second half saw Malacus equalise through Aretian Îmwe and then the game settled into constant attack and counter-attack. A bizarre 85th minute saw first Malacus score from a corner through Aretian Jozakraman before, straight from the kickoff, Aretian striker Turcafinwë scored from outside the box. The game finished as a draw, though given their pedigree, Malacus might have expected more while Naversia will rue their missed chances.
Final Result: Naversia 2 – 2 Malacus

Game 7: 1st Leg Ferra vs. Miller

This was perhaps the most one-sided of the first leg games, thank in particular to one Greali. Sly Rath was not expected to start but an injury to Miller’s starting striker meant Rath took her place and within 6 minutes, he had put Miller in control with an easy finish. From there, the game settled into a routine, Ferra probing ineffectually as Miller’s defences while the Greali looked dangerous on the counterattack. In the end, it was a counterattack that finished off Ferra, Rath again on the end of a long ball to slot past a despairing and exposed keeper. The two goal advantage should be too much for Ferra to overcome, a historically low scoring team.
Final Result: Ferra 0 – 2 Miller

Game 1: 2nd Leg Mithrin vs. Silaria

A few Silarian colonies will be present at the Planet’s Cup but the homeland will not be one of them. That said, this game could have gone either way as it was a nervy and tense again just like the first. It did not make it much of a watch for the neutral. Mithrin did just enough to merit their win, taking the lead in the 39th minute through the midfielder Baldwin from a corner. Silaria now needed to score an equaliser but were ponderous in possession and failed to carve out any chances. Silaria now have a long time to soul search after failing to qualify yet again for the Planet’s Cup, an embarrassing state of affairs given their long and storied history with the competition.
Final Result: Mithrin 1 – 0 Silaria (1 – 0 agg.)

Game 2: 2nd Leg New Oakhelm vs. Elin

Elin came into this game holding a one goal advantage and played like they held a one goal advantage. Their entertaining brand of football was nowhere to be seen and they were uncharacteristically conservative. This was a bad idea, as anyone who had seen even a single minute of an Elin game could have told you that their defence is historically atrocious. New Oakhelm took advantage, scoring in the 17th minute through Alice Hartson. The game then settled back into its normal pattern, Elin attacking and New Oakhelm defending. This was the state of affairs for the next 73 minutes of normal team and another 30 minutes of extra time. This was the first playoff game of this season to go to penalties. New Oakhelm demonstrated that their atrocious record of scoring from the group stages was no fluke, missing three in a row to give Elin a deserved victory. On behalf of the neutrals all over the Twin Galaxies, I have sighed a great sigh of relief.
Final Result: New Oakhelm 1 – 0 Elin (1 – 0 AET, 1 – 1 agg. Elin win 3 – 1 on penalties)

Game 3: 2nd Leg Red Peak vs. New Rise

This is a classic example of why game management is a terrible idea. Once again, Red Peak came into this game trying to hold on to their one goal lead rather than attack. Again, Red Peak manager Mateusz Dabrowski chose to play a style that his team was so poorly adapted to (this is the same team that conceded 20 goals in 14 games after all). For 72 minutes, it looked like it would pay off, but then striker Maciej Zielinski came off the bench to score and tie up the game. After that, it was panic mode for Red Peak who went back to their usual shape and attacked. For the last 18 minutes, New Rise held them off. New Rise however, are not known for defensiveness themselves and so fell behind again, winger Wieczorek scoring in the 93rd minute and then her teammate on the opposite wing, Olszewski, scored on the counter attack to put the tie beyond doubt three minutes later. Red Peak progress to their first Planet’s Cup and should give some entertainment to the neutral as they are as excellent at attacking as they are dreadful at defending.
Final Result: Red Peak 0 – 1 New Rise (2 – 1 AET, 3 – 1 agg.)

Game 4: 2nd Leg Verne vs. Irongate

Irongate were probably feeling confident going into this game. All the media was speaking of how they would do in the upcoming Planetary Cup and certainly local Irongate media were wondering just how many goals they would win by. It seems the team bought into their own hype judging from how they started, sloppy and poor on the ball. They paid for it just before half time when striker Lom Ray broke away to score Verne’s only shot on target. The entire second half, Irongate pressed for a winner but without success. Verne belied their group record of conceding 18 goals in 14 games and held on for a clean sheet and the shock result of the playoffs. There will be repercussions for Irongate but Verne can look forward to a well earned place in the Planet’s Cup.
Final Result: Verne 1 – 0 Irongate (2 – 2 agg. Verne win on away goals)

Game 5: 2nd Leg Toron vs. New Imbiegħed

This was a game of attack vs. defence, high scoring New Imbiegħed against a defensive and low scoring Toron. It went predictably at first, with midfielder Lala'Voin Tae scoring for New Imbiegħed after just 30 minutes and putting them in prime position to qualify. Unfortunately, for all their talents in attacking, their defensive has been outright abysmal and so it proved once again. All throughout the group campaign, the Silarians struggled from set pieces and so it proved here. First in the 67th minute, midfielder Melissa Henderson scored from a free kick. With the score at 1-1, New Imbiegħed were still going through if they did not concede again. Then Toron won a corner. I do not said to say any more do I? Corner, cross into the box, Ava Higgin’s header, goal. With only ten minutes to go, there was no way back for New Imbiegħed and so Toron progress where I am sure people will be thrilled to watch them.
Final Result: Toron 2 – 1 New Imbiegħed (2 – 1 agg.)

Game 6: 2nd Leg Malacus vs. Naversia

In the rematch of old order versus up-and-coming, it was the up-and-coming who edged it. Malacus may have had the weight of history upon them but Naversia played the more fluid football and it only took 18 minutes for their reward to come. Striker Eccaia Turcafinwë was on the end of a delicious cross from Naerdiel Eärnur to head past Malacun goalkeeper Hawkins. Both teams had further chances to score in the first half and Malacus only needed a single goal to progress. In the end, Lilly Anderson earned her MVP award with a string of brilliant saves to frustrate the Malacun attack. In the end, they are left to reflect on what was a frustrating campaign and in particular an awful start that crippled their qualification effort before it had even began. Naversia, on the other hand can reflect on a stout defensive performance and some excellent goalkeeping to earn their spot.
Final Result: Malacus 0 – 1 Naversia (2 – 3 agg.)

Game 7: 2nd Leg Miller vs. Ferra

Credit needs to be given where credit is due and no where is this more the case than Ferra. They did well to get through to the playoffs as not many expected it of them. Unfortunately, this was a step too far and with a minor mountain to climb after the first leg, Miller saw off their challenge with a professional and composed performance unlike many of the favourites of the other playoff games. A third goal just before half-time, scored by midfielder Adam Czarnecki put the game well and truly beyond the reach of the Ferrans. Miller would have been unhappy with their group campaign with far too many draws but this rather more convincing performance will give them some optimism going into the finals.
Final Result: Miller 1 – 0 Ferra (3 – 0 agg.)
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:31 am

Previews - Group A

Andalus al-Jadida sailed through their qualifying group with ease, conceding just two goals in eight games while scoring twenty. Manager Annabell Raspopov has her team playing unconventionally attacking football for a Vipran side, using a 3-5-2 that manages to be both defensively sound and attack friendly. This depends wholly on the wide players, Nemmi Miron and Magdalena Travnikov carrying out both duties. It is from their midfield as well that mot of their goals come from though striker Helena Guslyakov has been a useful targetwoman and her contribution will be vital. The back three of Konyashov, Malyugin and Pashkov play together and club level and that chemistry will be crucial against stronger teams than they met in qualifying.
Key Player: Helena Guslyakov
Prediction: 1st

After a disappointing exit from the last tournament, Pasceni are getting excited about this new team, rebuilt by Ella Owens in her first tournament in charge. The DNA of Pasceni teams of the past is strong, with attack prioritised with a 4-3-3 formation and 43 goals scored in just 12 qualifying games. The front three of Victoria O’Sullivan, Elizabeth Taylor and Ruby Carling scored 23 of those between them and are as formidable an attacking trio as any nation at the cup. They do, however leave themselves exposed down the flanks which I feel will come back to haunt them. Midfielder Caoimhe Alexander is also a key contributor both with goals and assists for the front three.
Key Player: Caoimhe Alexander
Prediction: 2nd

Kel were quite lucky to make it through their group in second place, scoring the most goals but also conceding the joint most in their group. Nicola Owens has adjusted her formation to try and negate this, switching to a more defensive 3-5-2 formation with wingbacks Hakaku and Niyena D'Lemis protecting the back three. This defensive mindset does mean there is a lack of attacking width which places even more pressure on the front two to perform. The tod Eido has been a reliable source of goals for the team but Owen has yet to find a suitable partner through qualifying with Seki likely to get the nod. What cannot be discounted however is their prowess from set pieces with central defender Ronin in particular a threat that belies his 5’2’’ frame.
Key Player: Eido
Prediction: 4th

Though they only came second in their group, Ranus VI look a tidy team and their performances reflected that. For the most part. The all-Escan team is inexperienced at this level but Minako Walsh has experience, having previously managed teams in the Alversian Premier League. Her favoured 4-5-1 allows the full backs Enki Allen and Elizabeth Dennis to support the wide midfielders who in turn can support Asa Wagner who forges a lonely path up front. The right side of the midfield in particular is formidable with Freya Rice and Sato Mitchell scoring 9 goals between them in qualifying. Suki Burton is a threat off the bench in midfield but there are question marks about the central midfield pairing of Masahiro McDonald and Kioko Kelley who can be exposed down their flanks of the team is caught in transition.
Key Player: Freya Rice
Prediction: 3rd

Batari had an excellent qualifying campaign, topping the group and only losing a single game in the process. Their prowess was helped by a breakout campaign from winger Anastasia Karagiannis, a highly talented human who can play anywhere along the front three. Indeed, her frequent switching with Talythian Javael Rippiman caused no end of trouble for opposing defences, although at this level defences are not so easily fooled. What could come back to haunt them is a lack of edge up front, with the forward player of the trio more to facilitate and assist the wingers. They may rue that lack of forward threat when facing those same defences who could blunt Karagiannis and Rippiman.
Key Player: Anastasia Karagiannis
Prediction: 5th

Miller have done well to get to their first Planets Cup and they did it on the back of a strong defence. Their central pairing of Kuiil Clovis and Yarna Kyrell have been ever present and ensured that Miller conceded no more than two goals in any qualifying game; keeping nine clean sheets in 16 games, including the playoffs. When they do not have the ball, defensive midfielder Cara Kast will slot back into a back 5, providing additional cover. This does mean that the team is heavily dependent on the creativity of midfielder Adam Czarnecki to generate any attacking threat and he has fed Mine Welch and Dengar Pava for most of their goals. As with Ranus VI, Nanako Gibson is primarily a defensive forward, closing down opposing players and holding up the ball for her faster and more attacking partners. Their defence should be stout, but their lack of creativity is a worry.
Key Player: Adam Czarnecki
Prediction: 6th

Red Peak were very much boom or bust in their qualifying and that’s reflected in their results; with dizzying highs such as the 3-0 win over Faustus balanced with dreadful lows like the 4-0 defeat to Drydax. Magdalena Olszewski relished the pressure placed on her as the long striker in a 5-4-1 formation, scoring 8 goals in their 16 games. Gabriela Wieczorek is the most attack minded of the midfielders, often benefiting from the attention that Olszewski drew from opposition defenders. Four of the back five are highly experienced with only right full back Zuzanna Maciejewski the only new face there, the teenager has been steady but unspectacular and it remains to be seen how she will cope with the dangerous wingers this group possesses.
Key Player: Magdalena Olszewski
Prediction: 7th
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:40 am

Previews - Group B

Alumi did amazingly well in their qualifying group and managed to keep 12 clean sheets in 14 games! That’s an incredible record and it’s built on the back of an incredible defensive pairing; Eynss D'Der and Saperri D'Anno who are two of the most talented centrebacks in the world right now! Tenana D’Lemisa plays a direct style of play and favours young striker Emeenya D'Voygos up front. The feline contributes very little in terms of goals but the 21 year old is a large target up front who causes opponents no end of trouble and brings her midfielders into the game. I think they will win the group based purely on their defence but there will be a question mark over goals.
Key Player: Eynss D'Der

I said it in my review of the qualification but Ranus V are such a feel good team and I love them for it! Not only did they qualify joint top of their group at their first attempt but they have done it with such a young team! Of the 22 players in the squad there are only 4 above the age of forty and the average age of their back four is just 24! They play with a confidence that belies their inexperience however and no one encapsulates that more than Levi Trant. A left back by trade, Mayako Watson has been playing her in the centre and she has excelled. This young wolf has a bright future as does this team. My only fear is that their first tournament might be a step too far against older and battle-hardened opponents.
Key Player: Levi Trant

Vekis have not had the benefit of a qualifying campaign, the same problem as the other Setulan planets but it is not the end of all things! Greenberg has a wealth of experience in her pocket and she has called upon that experience for the upcoming campaign! There are some excellent footballers on this team but it will be Stern and Benhamou sitting in deep lying midfield who will be vital to this squad! Up front, Noah Weiss and especially Samara Golan will need to be firing on all cylinders to break down the likes of Alumi. If anyone can do it though, Vekis can and their experience will give them the edge over Ranus V.
Key Player: Gideon Stern

I always love watching Irondawn play! They’re not the most attacking team in the galaxy but then limited in resources as they are, how can they? Irondawn remind me a lot of a Vipran team more than anything; they are compact, they are disciplined, they play hard and they take their chances! Jhizzi Jehenaman leads from the goals and is a towering presence at the back, calming the nerves of those in front. The most important player on this team however is Hollie Butler, a quick as lightning alvie with a strong right foot and a knack of finding the goal. Irondawn’s whole game plan flows through her and its on her shoulders if this team is to excel.
Key Player: Hollie Butler

Yay, Hilda Rein! They’ve already won a lot of fans by beating Xiscapia to the top of their qualifying group (Including a wonderful 4-1 win over the Xiscapians in the process!). In that game they played an attacking 4-4-2 and I have to think that Auvreaarnith will go for the same in the competition proper. Selquis Teasenatear had a qualifying to remember with 6 goals in 12 games including a hattrick against Xiscapia! His partner for most of the campaign was Aersar Tyrmitore and they worked well together, with his fellow Olacian scoring a further three. If I had a tiny critique, I think the lack of goals from midfield will be a problem, especially playing against the likes of Ranus VI and Alumi who defend so well against strikers.
Key Player: Selquis Teasenatear

This is why I love football so much! It can throw up stories like this! Arel and Hilda Rein are in many ways so similar, with them having come top of their group somewhat unexpectedly, and in other ways so different! Where the Olacians struggled for goals from their midfield, Jessika Tarpals has had an embarrassing riches coming from midfield, in particular from wide midfielder Firmus Secura. Really when they have the ball, Arel play more of a 4-3-3 with Secura becoming the third striker and Gerrera covering the space behind. It might leave them vulnerable to counterattacks however and they have conceded an alarming number of goals on occasion.
Key Player: Firmus Secura

Patuxant are a funny team, so quintessentially Vipran in mindset and playstyle. They are a physical team, hard to play against and tough to break down. A lot of their goals come from set pieces where they can use their strength and size advantage against smaller teams. But! And it is a but! Of the 12 goals they scored in qualifying; 8 came against one team; Masaya and otherwise they struggled against teams who won’t attack. Teams like Alumi! And the felines I feel will have the size to cope with Patuxant’s style of play. If the others in the group will however, its hard to tell! I can’t wait to see how this group shapes up!
Key Player: Korekki Oloninvae
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Tue May 04, 2021 11:22 am

Previews - Group C

This was the big question of the Vipran qualifying; which of the two core planets would come out on top? Allurus or Volutiol? In the end, it was Volutiol who won the group, going unbeaten against Allurus and indeed against the entire group. Volutiol are the quintessential Atoran team, they are disciplined and defensive, physical and hard working. Striker Yizinni Kinlaya’s primary job is not to score but to act as the first line of the defence. Seven clean sheets in 8 games is testament to that but you have to wonder if they will be tested more thoroughly in the tournament here. In facing Allurus, they have already been challenged and I don’t believe this group has the firepower to match the atoran home world.
Key Player: Prenium Ulvorathaman

Benedict II are the living embodiment of “the best defence is a good offence” and by the gods has Yuzuki Nakagawa lived up to that mantra. There were a total of 48 goals in just 14 matches involving Benedict II, including not one but two games with ten goals (a 9-1 win and a 5-5 draw). They were on a poor trajectory but turned it around in the second half of their season by switching to a back 5. They have kept 6 clean sheets since but their performance at the other end has suffered accordingly. This team is heavily reliant on Neo Kirisuban Aoi Fujimoto to get their goals as she has more than the next 8 players combined! If she is injured or out of form then this team is in serious trouble. As it is, I think their old selves will be exposed against Volutiol and they’ll not find scoring so easy against these elite defences.
Key Player: Aoi Fujimoto

Titan had a campaign that could best be described as “uncomfortable” as they only just avoided the dreaded playoffs with a final day victory over Crystalline (albeit a very comfortable victory). In defence, they have been excellent, conceding just 8 goals in 14 games and they were the second highest scorers of their group. Half of those goals however, came against the weaker teams in their group, 11 against Crystalline and Viera and against stronger teams they have struggled. In Lena Doyle and Charlotte Burns they have two excellent strikers but I fear they will not be enough to overcome Volutiol.
Key Player: Charlotte Burns

New Elanth cruised through their qualifying group, coming top and conceding just 4 goals in the process. They had the benefit of a relatively weak group however and I feel that they may things harder going in the finals. Confidence is coursing through Kiwa Elliot’s team however and I believe that will carry them against the contemporary teams in this group where there is little to differentiate them. Mieko, the kitsune winger, will be a vital part of their play as her defensive skill helps to cover for compatriot Itsu who likes to overlap and leave her wing in particular exposed.
Key Player: Mieko

Having just missed out on automatic qualification, Fel’Narsha had to go about qualification the hard way, not that they made it look as such with an easy victory over Enon in two legs. They looked good in the second half of the qualifying campaign but a 6 game stretch to begin in which they won only one game has to concerning for Varujan Gallus. The Luci siblings are the lynchpin of this team and is through both of them that all attacking energy flows. This means that shutting down one or both may nullify this team though winger Dela Mercator can be dangerous when left in isolation. I feel that this inexperienced team, through to their first qualifying tournament, may find this a step too far.
Key Player: Nicoleta Luci

Epoch’s form throughout qualifying can best be described as consistently inconsistent. Not until the final two fixtures of the campaign did they string two wins together, suggesting the chances of this team getting streaky and form carrying them through are slim to none. Epoch are through to their first finals and they have done it by playing the right way. Up front, Chimon Lynch leads the line and brings in her fellow attackers, especially young talent Kate Erickson, Alversian Rosie Woods and midfielder Jessica James. Their back line and lack of form however remains a lingering problem.
Key Player: Kate Erickson

Naversia must be given credit for escaping their qualifying group though their placing third was not so convincing as the raw numbers look. So many of Naversia’s games were tight, won by fine margins and the Aretian colony may find that fortune is not so kind to them in these finals. It is a young team, hungry but inexperienced in both interplanetary and club level of the sort of intense atmospheres they will face at this tournament. The back 3 is steady but unspectacular and they will be exposed by pace attacking them down the wings. Likewise up strong it feels they lack a certain flair that will be required to break down more defensive teams and it is here they will come up short.
Key Player: Eccaia Turcafinewe
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Tue May 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Previews - Group D

Having just overcome their defeat in the 2409 Planets Cup Final, Alversia have overhauled what was an aging team in preparation for this, the Planets Cup taking place on home soil. Isla Foster has brought in an abundance of youth, many of whom were part of the University of Illesia squad which won a treble just the year before. Amy Bryant was the captain of that team and is a leader of this squad, an old head on young shoulders. Up strong, Aislinn Brookes is as talented a striker as any to come out of Alversia’s university system in the past decade. Expectations will be high for this squad and it remains to be seen how they cope under the spotlight.
Key Player: Amy Bryant

Sanoya had a very impressive qualification campaign, winning their group at a stroll and doing so without losing a single game. Indeed, they only dropped 6 points and conceded just 3 goals in 14 games. This team play very like Atorans, compact and defensive, relying on the counter-attack to snatch goals. Of course, the quality of attack they face here will be of a different calibre but do not rule out this squad to surprise some people. I do not think they will have enough to overcome Alversia but if the wind is in their sails then anything can happen!
Key Player: Machiko

A late entrant to the party, Madra Kihr are entering their first Planet’s Cup with an untested team that is raw. They will be at a disadvantage having not had those minutes on the pitch together even though there are quality players throughout their squad. In particular. They have gone for a back three, following the convention of many other atoran teams and they will look to counter and rely on the individual quality of their players. Bilunni Zoshanik in particular will be of vital importance, the veteran midfielder both attacks and defends and so much is reliant on her form. I do not think they can overcome their lack of match time but there is a chance.
Key Player: Bilunni Zoshanik

Libertas’ progress through qualification can best be described as ‘well-timed’. Having gone through an entire qualifying campaign only picking up four points from 6 games on the road, they rallied in their playoff against Dolosus to defeat them 3-1 in their own backyard. The win will have set some minds at ease but on the whole, this team has to be worried with how poorly they have played away from their home support. Plenty will travel with them I am sure but 6 games is a lot to play away from home and I think they will struggle, especially when Alversia are in their group and that will be the most partisan crowd they will face.
Key Player: Vanden Rau

Ross were a pleasant surprise, having navigated their qualifying with relative ease and not even needing a play off to do it. Ben Tapal has assembled a technically excellent squad who look to keep possession, play out from the back and pass quickly. Their play resolves around winger Andaer Hirilonde, an aretian who loves the ball at his feet and taking on opposing full backs. He has support up front from Lamki Tyrnealilthar and Amy Johnston who have benefited from his actually service. Defensively, they are sturdy if unspectacular and I back them to surprise a lot of people in this tournament. Can they overcome Sanoya and Alversia? I think they will be just short of that standard but qualification should be possible.
Key Player: Andaer Hirilonde

Well, Toron made it to the big stage but frankly, I’m a little surprised at how. They scored just 8 goals in 14 games, easily the worst of any Alversian team to qualify with a goal difference of just +1. That in itself is the true answer of how they qualified. In only 3 of their 14 games was there more than a single goal scored, this defence being relentless and hard working. Their desire to keep goals out does come at a cost of attacking flair however and one cannot help but feel that they will suffer when playing against faster and stronger teams. I like their defensive play, up to a point, but a team just has to score in this day and age if they ever want to make the knockout stages. I think their journey ends here.
Key Player: Kuniko

As with all the Setulanite teams, Moytan qualified automatically though I do not feel this will help them much. Rather like Madra Kihr, qualification is where team selections are solidified and wrinkles in tactics and formations ironed out. Moytan will have to do their learning on the job unfortunately for them, though Joshua Malkah has said in interviews he is confident in what he has seen from this team. Tobias Mhamid is one of the higher rated players on this team and he is the long time captain and lynchpin for his planet. His form towards the end of last season was shaky for his club and therefore much will depend on how much he can pick up himself up.
Key Player: Tobias Mhamid
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Wed May 05, 2021 4:20 pm

Previews - Group E

Oooh boy do I not pity the folks who end up in this group! Dela won the last Planets Cup with a wonderfully attacking team and nothing has changed for this year’s team. There are a few new faces but Lilly Mills has brought back the core of the team which lit up the tournament back on Pascen in 2408. This is a team that is laced with quality and star power throughout and getting anything off them is a challenge. Just to make things even more awkward for opposing defences, striker Sorcha Scott is fresh off a campaign with the title winning Oakhelm Bears, having broken the single season goals scored record. Uh oh.
Key Player: Sorcha Scott

Well, Xiscapia’s campaign has not gotten much better, has it? Having failed to win their qualifying group (having been lucky to avoid the playoffs all together!) their reward for falling muzzle first over the line is to be in the same group as Dela! Laoise Lawrence has been under some pressure but she remains unapologetically welded to her favoured mantra; attack, attack, attack! They have lived up to that reputation, scoring goals for fun but their defensive naivety has let them down in key games. Much will depend on how their attack clicks, Michio and Sayoko played well together in qualifying, but Taro and University of Illesia alumi Kaname will be key to Xiscapia getting out of this group.
Key Player: Taro

Again, Classi find themselves having qualified without the benefit of a qualifying campaign and so much is a mystery until that first whistle is blown. What Classi do have on their side however is a team filled from top to bottom with quality, the benefit of Classi’s long term investment in their youth football programme. This is a team full of skill and technical ability but will they be exposed by their lack of experience of this, the biggest stage in intergalactic football? I have a feeling they will be relying a lot on Samson Ohayon, their veteran goalkeeper to keep the Delani and the Xiscapians out.
Key Player: Samson Ohayon

You do have to feel for Glacies somewhat. They came top of their group in qualifying, just narrowly edging a three way tie with Kel and Libertas and their reward now is to face three of the most lethal teams in this year’s competition. Of course, of those three, Glacies are perhaps in the best placed to do battle with the likes of Dela, Xiscapia and Classi. Do I think they have enough to get out of the group? Believe it or not, I do! The top three of this group are pretty set in stone as far as I’m concerned but the final qualification spot is very much up for grabs. Glacies are well capable of grinding out the results they need and they will do just enough to pull it off.
Key Player: Hakue

The Sar have made it to Alversia! Not many would have pegged them to qualify but all credit to them, they have battled hard and taken the fight to a lot of teams who would have expected an easy time of it. They are perhaps not the must technically proficient of teams but they run hard, they play hard and they work for each other. It’s unusual that their top scorer is not a starter and some eyebrows have been raised by the decision to bench Memas after the campaign he had. On the other hand, Miwas is a larger and more aggressive presence up front, able to win those battles that Memas perhaps is not. All eyes are on him now however and he has to start justifying his inclusion, as does manager Enmei who’s made the call.
Key Player: Miwas

Elin’s presence in this finals can be put down to the efforts of one man. All players dream of getting hot at the right time and hoo boy did Herion Nyenna get hot just when his planet needed him. Of their 24 goals in qualifying, Nyenna scored 14 of them, yes more than the rest of the team combined! To say they rely on him is an understatement and woe betide this team if he is injured or otherwise suffers a dip in form. He’s been something of a journeyman in his career until now but if he sustains this form then it may be that some of the more famous teams may be chasing his signature. As to the other players? They exist to feed the ball to Nyenna and try to keep the opposition out. It worked in qualifying, but it will not work here.
Key Player: Herion Nyenna

Borom Alpha were probably thrilled to squeeze through this qualifying campaign, given they only won one of their final 6 games in the group. It’s not exactly the sort of form you want to take with you coming into the finals but now they’re here they have a chance to rewrite the narrative. Do I think they will? Not really, they struggled for goals in most of their games and they just could not keep opponents out, keeping only four clean sheets out of ten, and three of those were in their first 3 games! Amak Limishki has his work cut out to reboot his team’s confidence and get them playing like those early games.
Key Player: Thorlin Mippilvae
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Alversia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alversia » Thu May 06, 2021 3:59 pm

Previews - Group F

There are defensive teams and then there are defensive teams. Across four nations, dozens of planets and hundreds of games, no team has performed quite as well as Gerral. In fourteen games, they kept thirteen clean sheets! Thirteen! In 1,260 minutes of football, they conceded just one goal. That is a jaw-dropping defensive performance and it would not surprise me to see them carry on that form. Defenders Sophia Rice and Alanna Washington are the lynchpins of this team, two of the best defenders in the twin galaxies. They have been in impervious forms and I think even the likes of Dela and Pascen are going to struggle to break them down. They are heavily reliant on Sophie O’Connell up front for goals but with a defence like this, they are always in with a shout.
Key Player: Sophia Rice

Wuin just about scrapped through their group automatically in qualifying, needing Athlathon to drop points in their final day game to keep hold of that spot. They were not convincing in the group but did just enough. This is a team that battles and where Gerral lack goals, Wuin scores plenty! Of course they concede a fair number as well. They line up in a 5-4-1 formation but, with the ball, it becomes a 3-4-3 with midfielders kitsune Bassui and Alversian Claire Howell pushing up to join striker Eryu. This can leave them exposed against counter-attacking teams. Will they be entertaining to watch? Absolutely! Will they be able to break down Gerral? Hell no!
Key Player: Bassui

Well, the Berrax have made it to their first finals and across Nova Max they will be delighted with their performance! They qualified confidently as well and they looked good doing it! Jaro Voidgazer however, has been left with a mountain to climb in this group as the Berrax have struggled against more defensively compact teams (And they don’t get more compact than Gerral!) not to mention that Cruor were actually in their group in qualifying! What is intriguing is that Nova Max handed Cruor their only defeat, albeit they lost the second game. I think Cruor will just edge it but I will be watching this game with great enthusiasm! They will need Satine Plutt to be at her best to get the most out of this group
Key Player: Satine Plutt

Well, for their first qualification campaign, Cruor have raised a few eyebrows! Playing with an attacking 4-5-1, they took their group by storm, scoring 24 goals and conceding just 8. Curiously, two of those were against Nova Max who they have been drawn with once again. We’re all looking forward to seeing how this grudge match plays out. This team plays a fluid formation with a lot of interchange which makes them hard to mark and hard to defend against. Against any other team in any other group, I would back them to do maybe top it but not against Gerral. I just can’t see them breaking down the Alversians. They will get the better of Nova Max however.
Key Player: Simon Gorski

Well well, talk about a group of Grudges! First we had Cruor and Nova Max and now we have round two! I have spoken about unstoppable Gerral are but you know the only team to go undefeated against them in their group? That’s right, Martell! This is probably the last planet that Gerral manager Zoe Webb wanted to see but now she has a chance to avenge those dropped points! Martell under Maja Higgins like to attack, relaying on a back four that includes atoran Kovokki Ulvorathaman and Alversian Tara O’Neill at it’s heart. Behind them is veteran goalkeeper Sorkalli Kashaman, battle-hardened and influential. I think Martell will do well in the group, perhaps better than many expect but I do not expect them to repeat their heroics against Gerral, not under this pressure and scrutiny.
Key Player: Sorkalli Kashaman

Phew! Don’t let it be said that Verne did not stamp their ticket to the finals the hard way! Having battled all campaign long to take the second automatic spot in group A of Alversian qualifying, they had to watch as Epoch snatched it from them in the final round of games. Gutting! They then battled Irongate over two, gruelling matches which they only just edged. Verne are a highly entertaining team and their games are awash with goals either for or against them. The defence is a little suspect but manager Bib Wexley is married to his favoured formation and his favoured players. Eimear Quinn is undoubtedly a talented defender but she has been out of form for quite some time and needs to start repaying her manager’s faith at some point. Up front, the attack is toothless and relies on the talent of a hard-working midfield to both get the goals and protect a porous defence.
Key Player: Kacper Pawlak

Some teams can be said to have had an easy trip to the finals, their qualification groups little more than a procession. Garsea are not one of those teams. The Alpha Group of Vipran qualifying group had two of the best Vipran teams and yet Garsea did not disgrace themselves. Losing twice to Volutiol was to be expected perhaps but then they took 4 points off Allurus and made it through a playoff against Zaro. This is a team built around one woman, the Roszulian striker Bekavvi Firinaelya. The instructions of Sakis Vevemiman are clear at all times; get Firinaelya the ball and let her do what she does best. She scored nearly half of her team’s goals in qualifying and her reliability up front allows Garsea to play a more conservative formation, trusting in their talisman to bang in the goals they need. Of course, I cannot possibly see that working against the likes of Gerral, Cruor or Martell. It’s always great to see these so-called “smaller” teams in action but I fear Garsea may find themselves outmatched here.
Key Player: Bekavvi Firinaelya
R.I.P. Shal
17/01/2010

R.I.P. Peg
04/06/2018

R.I.P Tweek
16/12/2021

R.I.P Xena
11/02/2022

Alversian FT Factbook

Advertisement