NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal GA#419 "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
VeepusCorp
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Mar 30, 2021
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby VeepusCorp » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:32 pm

We’re against it, inmates should be disallowed the right to vote because they’re in prison.

User avatar
Philimbesi
Minister
 
Posts: 2373
Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:58 am

I rise to ask my good colleague from Tinhampton, Is there a replacement draft for GA 419 at this time?
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Minister
 
Posts: 2767
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:20 am

Philimbesi wrote:I rise to ask my good colleague from Tinhampton, Is there a replacement draft for GA 419 at this time?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=500649
she/her
Managing Director of Lazarus and The MT Army Warrior
stuff i wrote
Need me? Click here!
Biggest acheivement: Spelling
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira
Wonderess wrote:frankly someone I don’t want to see gain influence in NS and by extension TNP

User avatar
Philimbesi
Minister
 
Posts: 2373
Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Philimbesi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:51 am

I thank my honorable colleague from Honeydewistania for their assistance in finding what was clearly below my nose the entire time.

My honored colleagues I rise to voice the USP's opposition to this measure and cast our vote AGAINST this repeal.  The USP takes great pains to ensure that all citizens have the right to participate in its democratic practices, and a large portion of incarcerated citizens do have that right. However it is strongly felt that commission of certain crimes, warrant its loss.  While we would wholeheartedly support a measure to ensure that released individuals have the right to enfranchisement, the currently replacement is seeking to allow too much to those who have already shown that protecting the rights of other citizens is not important to them.

We are better off with GA 419 as is.

Nigel S Yolkin
USP Ambassador to the WA.
Last edited by Philimbesi on Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

User avatar
American Pere Housh
Minister
 
Posts: 3310
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:22 pm

"APH will naturally be supporting this repeal but we oppose any replacement. Since voting is prohibited in APH, the resolution never really affected us."
Government Type:Militaristic Absolute Monarchy
Leader:King Alexander
WA Ambassador: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Secretary of Defense:Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State:Alicia Cortez
Current Year:2750
I stand with the State of Israel.

User avatar
Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 1763
Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 pm

Illu-chi wrote:
Mystery Realms wrote:Please vote against

I have, but sadly some of the bigger delegates have switched their vote from a against vote to a for vote(ex:chimes).

As always, our region's Delegate cast their 203 votes in accordance with the view of the majority of regional citizens and WA members that voiced an opinion on the resolution.

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian WA Ambassador
Citizen of the Rejected Realms

User avatar
Imperial Kriegsland
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Mar 29, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Absolutely Unrealistic

Postby Imperial Kriegsland » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Just unrealistic that a WA can override each individual nation's voting policies. Ruins the gameplay for nations who want to be authoritarian or be a dictatorship.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8232
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:41 pm

Imperial Kriegsland wrote:Just unrealistic that a WA can override each individual nation's voting policies. Ruins the gameplay for nations who want to be authoritarian or be a dictatorship.

The repeal at vote can only repeal. It cannot "override [a] nation's voting policies."
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari

User avatar
Illu-chi
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Feb 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Illu-chi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:00 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:
Illu-chi wrote:I have, but sadly some of the bigger delegates have switched their vote from a against vote to a for vote(ex:chimes).

As always, our region's Delegate cast their 203 votes in accordance with the view of the majority of regional citizens and WA members that voiced an opinion on the resolution.

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian WA Ambassador
Citizen of the Rejected Realms

I know. I used to be in the rejected realms.

User avatar
Illu-chi
Attaché
 
Posts: 89
Founded: Feb 01, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Illu-chi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:12 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Imperial Kriegsland wrote:Just unrealistic that a WA can override each individual nation's voting policies. Ruins the gameplay for nations who want to be authoritarian or be a dictatorship.

The repeal at vote can only repeal. It cannot "override [a] nation's voting policies."

Tinhampton, you say that but you have already made another proposal which would force nations to give serial killers and other dangerous people the ability to vote! The only reason you are making that proposal is because you realize that in order to turn nations communist you must get voters who don't respect any of the laws of the nation so they would be too happy to vote for a party who would end democracy, capitalism, and freedom since they obviously don't support or respect any of the laws or morals in the nation!
Last edited by Illu-chi on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mystery Realms
Envoy
 
Posts: 206
Founded: Mar 31, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Mystery Realms » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:23 pm

Illu-chi wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:The repeal at vote can only repeal. It cannot "override [a] nation's voting policies."

Tinhampton, you say that but you have already made another proposal which would force nations to give serial killers and other dangerous people the ability to vote! The only reason you are making that proposal is because you realize that in order to turn nations communist you must get voters who don't respect any of the laws of the nation so they would be too happy to vote for a party who would end democracy, capitalism, and freedom since they obviously don't support or respect any of the laws or morals in the nation!


Exactly ! I am fascist nation and Anti-communist and the only reason Tim made this repeal is to get it passed and make another proposal that makes A requirement to let criminals of all sorts gain voting rights and now do you know that won’t abuse it ? VOTE AGAINST.
Resignation at ISDF, and New Member of ICDN.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21247
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:22 am

Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates" was passed 8,884 votes to 5,602.
In the meantime you are here, and it’s beautiful, and escaping isn’t always something bad.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
Kiu Ghesik wrote:harris' interpretation of bidenism and subsequent establishment of a bidenist vanguard party to root out malarkey and revisionist elements in society was revisionist in and of itself and should never have been implemented.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Viceroy for The East Pacific

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads