NATION

PASSWORD

[FAILED] “Repeal Commend 1 very fast Endotarter”

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Indiana Controlled Florida
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Iron Fist Socialists

[FAILED] “Repeal Commend 1 very fast Endotarter”

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:39 pm

The Security Council,

Recognizing the work that 1 very fast endotarter (often - and hereafter - referred to as "r3n") has done in the field of international art collection,

Acknowledging that the North Pacific Cards Guild is among the largest and most valuable collections of artwork in the known multiverse,

Concerned that, in recent resolutions, the hoarding of art and wealth has been recognized as a commendable effort, especially with so many nations having such small collections,

Further concerned that this gallery and its offshoots continue a trend wherein the largest and oldest regions (namely The Pacific, The North Pacific, etc.) continue to dominate multiversal culture and politics,

Worried that the resolution in question endorses such an imbalance in power and influence,

Adding that the data compiled by r3n's puppet regime in Civil Defense Siren may have undesirable effects, such as
-allowing fascist regions to more easily find and communicate with each other,
-potentially adding otherwise-safe regions to their list, and
-encouraging new nations to remain in the "Big Five" regions, further cementing their hegemony

Hereby Repeals "Commend 1 very fast endotarter"

Co-authored by Arcturus Novus

Give Arcturus Novus a lot of credit. She came up with this draft here.
DRAFT 2
Last edited by Indiana Controlled Florida on Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Drew Durrnil
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1113
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:40 pm

That's so illegal lmao
A Shark Republic
My Factbook
Atheris wrote:0/10. Using this fifth glyph in casual talk is not only inimical, but also shows that human minds act not of individual thoughts but of compulsory will by a dug-in aristocracy.
Atheris wrote:*pulls out anime weapons*
weeaboo mode!
*screams in depression and existential dread*
Nantoraka wrote:
The Nantorakan government would like to express their concerns about all the pedophiles lurking in this market. There's so much grease and body oil in the offers being made, that you could fry chicken in it. We strongly advise wearing a mask when making deals because the strong smell of kid-diddler permeates the air like a dead, fermenting animal.

News: Former Elite President Pæta Marlín joins the cult of Yahlia, calling it his "sexual and spiritual awakening".

User avatar
Indiana Controlled Florida
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:41 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:That's so illegal lmao

Atleast it isn’t submitted

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 3511
Founded: May 23, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:That's so illegal lmao

Rule 4b. Uses personal pronouns, such as he.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sorianora
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 154
Founded: May 23, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sorianora » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:The Security Council,

This Resolution Commended 1 Very Fast Endotarter Because Of His Cards and other reasons

Noticing that the main reason that he was commended was because of his card collection and his card guild

Pointing out that even though he made the first card guild, that is not a reason to Commend someone

Realizing that a lot of people could have been commended by now because of their card collections and donations to others

Herby Repeals This Resolution

I expect a lot of mistakes and I am looking for a co-author

Illegal because it said “cards” instead “International Artwork”, it says “main”, and doesn’t start or end properly. It’s not IC and it says “he” and such.

I think these are right
Last edited by Sorianora on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Indiana Controlled Florida
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:44 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:The Security Council,

This Resolution Commended 1 Very Fast Endotarter Because Of This Nation’s International Artwork and other reasons

Noticing that the main reason that this nation was commended was because of his card collection and his card guild

Pointing out that even though he made the first card guild, that is not a reason to Commend someone

Realizing that a lot of people could have been commended by now because of their card collections and donations to others

Herby Repeals This Resolution

I expect a lot of mistakes and I am looking for a co-author
Last edited by Indiana Controlled Florida on Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
The Reformed American Republic
Senator
 
Posts: 3511
Founded: May 23, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:50 pm

Replace "he" with "they." They're supposed to be a nation, not a person.

User avatar
Pluvie
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 148
Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pluvie » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:53 pm

It's always Herby!
Main of Aramantha, resident Enby, Fox, Dragon, Catgirl, Time Traveller, Spectre of Hearts, Kangaroo(???), possibly or possibly not a madcap magician, apparently Dolphin?, and friend to (almost) all! You better be having a good day or I'll have to come give you a good day myself :<

User avatar
Free Las Pinas
Diplomat
 
Posts: 685
Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:54 pm

Sorianora wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:The Security Council,

This Resolution Commended 1 Very Fast Endotarter Because Of His Cards and other reasons

Noticing that the main reason that he was commended was because of his card collection and his card guild

Pointing out that even though he made the first card guild, that is not a reason to Commend someone

Realizing that a lot of people could have been commended by now because of their card collections and donations to others

Herby Repeals This Resolution

I expect a lot of mistakes and I am looking for a co-author

Illegal because it said “cards” instead “International Artwork”, it says “main”, and doesn’t start or end properly. It’s not IC and it says “he” and such.

I think these are right

"Cards" isn't illegal, "international artwork", I believe, is only a suggestion.
Minister of Education of 10000 Islands - President of the Cards Co-operative - Author of GA#540

User avatar
Praeceps
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Praeceps » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:05 pm

A legendary is junked every time someone calls it the card guild.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6619
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Arcturus Novus » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:14 pm

Now I've never written a single proposal in either house of this illustrious assembly, nor do I really care one way or the other if this passes, but if I may take a pass at this...

The Security Council,

Recognizing the work that 1 very fast endotarter (often - and hereafter - referred to as "r3n") has done in the field of international art collection,

Acknowledging that the North Pacific Cards Guild is among the largest and most valuable collections of artwork in the known multiverse,

Concerned that, in recent resolutions, the hoarding of art and wealth has been recognized as a commendable effort, especially with so many nations having such small collections,

Further concerned that this gallery and its offshoots continue a trend wherein the largest and oldest regions (namely The Pacific, The North Pacific, etc.) continue to dominate multiversal culture and politics,

Worried that the resolution in question endorses such an imbalance in power and influence,

Adding that the data compiled by r3n's puppet regime in Civil Defense Siren may have undesirable effects, such as
    -allowing fascist regions to more easily find and communicate with each other,
    -potentially adding otherwise-safe regions to their list, and
    -encouraging new nations to remain in the "Big Five" regions, further cementing their hegemony

Herby Repeals "Commend 1 very fast endotarter"

Co-authored by Arcturus Novus
Arcy (she/her), NS' third-favorite transsexual communist!
My posts do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer, George Soros.
me - my politics - my twitter
Ceterum autem censeo Americam esse delendam.

User avatar
Eumaeus
Envoy
 
Posts: 216
Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:26 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:The Security Council,

This Resolution Commended 1 Very Fast Endotarter Because Of This Nation’s International Artwork and other reasons

For some reason the capitalization of this clause is in title case, when every other clause uses sentence case. In other words, your capitalization throughout the proposal is completely random. Additionally, this is, quite frankly, a terrible summary of the target resolution.
Noticing that the main reason that this nation was commended was because of his card collection and his card guild

For some reason you seem to have only changed a single instance of the previous suggestion that you edit out the use of the word "card". This is actually fine because Sorianora was mistaken regarding the legality of referencing cards (From the SC Rules: "Cards... - legal, although the more commonly used and more "IC" term is "international artwork"; emphasis mine).

What is illegal, however, are the repeated use of personal pronouns in violation of Rule 2B, which states that proposals "must refer to nations as nations, not as the player behind them. This includes avoiding the use of personal pronouns such as 'he' or 'she'; instead use 'they'."
Pointing out that even though he made the first card guild, that is not a reason to Commend someone

Another Rule 2B violation for use of personal pronouns; I'm not actually sure, but I think the use of "someone" may also be in violation of this rule.

While this clause clearly states your argument, you fail to adequately support it. Why would this not be a reason for commendation? There may very well be valid answers to this question, however if there are you do not provide many of them in the text of this proposal.

Realizing that a lot of people could have been commended by now because of their card collections and donations to others

Rule 2B violation. This clause represents your only substantial argument, however I would counter by asking why this justifies removing 1 Very Fast Endotarter's commendation when it could instead justify commending others.

Furthermore, you do nothing to address the card guild despite referencing it multiple times, providing no explanation for how these activities are not worthy of commendation.
Herby Repeals This Resolution

Hereby is mispelled. This also may not be an adequate enough operative clause to meet Rule 1D's criteria that "Proposals must contain an operative clause that states what the proposal is actually doing"; it isn't entirely clear based on the existing rule (at least to me), but the number of criteria regarding the use of nation names leads me to feel that you would actually have to state the name of the resolution in the operative clause of a repeal.

Edit: I was listing the old ruleset.
Last edited by Eumaeus on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

User avatar
Wrapper
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 5928
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Wrapper » Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:49 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Herby Repeals This Resolution

Pluvie wrote:It's always Herby!

Herby is asleep and a bit under the weather, so on her behalf, I shall respond: Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh no I don't!

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11517
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Not a good-looking repeal draft. Also don't see any reasons why this nominee should have their commendation taken away.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Westinor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 726
Founded: Feb 15, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Westinor » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:28 pm

Herby strikes again :(
Authorship - Things I've written!

Stay safe, wear a mask, and have a great day! :)

User avatar
Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 1817
Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:34 pm

You've made a major mistake, going against the will of Big Farma! :twisted:
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - Card Player, 5x Issues Author, 5.5x SC Author, Editor

User avatar
Honeydewistania
Minister
 
Posts: 2732
Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:27 pm

Noahs Second Country wrote:You've made a major mistake, going against the will of Big Farma! :twisted:

*rolls up sleeves menacingly*
Ambassador to the WA: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Assistant to the Ambassador: Rekeil Wrigglesworth II
Official Coffee-fetcher and Masseuse: Jonathan Santos de Oliveira
Wonderess wrote:frankly someone I don’t want to see gain influence in NS and by extension TNP

she/her

Managing Director of Lazarus
The MT Army Warrior
Need me? Click here!
Biggest acheivement: Spelling

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2834
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:28 am

Okay, apart from all the Rule 2(b) errors (use of pronouns is 2(b) under the new rule set) you have done nothing to address the contents of the original resolution.

For example:
Pointing out that even though he made the first card guild, that is not a reason to Commend someone

Why is it not a reason to Commend someone? You have to come up with something that explains why that aspect of the resolution is not Commendable. It’s just not enough to state the reverse of the clause, you have to supply some thinking, some concrete reasoning behind your stance.

And so on for the rest of your draft.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
Destructive Government Economic System
Minister
 
Posts: 3314
Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:27 am

Praeceps wrote:A legendary is junked every time someone calls it the card guild.

What if I instead decided to call it the "Guild of Cards"???
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

User avatar
Indiana Controlled Florida
Attaché
 
Posts: 80
Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:44 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:Now I've never written a single proposal in either house of this illustrious assembly, nor do I really care one way or the other if this passes, but if I may take a pass at this...

The Security Council,

Recognizing the work that 1 very fast endotarter (often - and hereafter - referred to as "r3n") has done in the field of international art collection,

Acknowledging that the North Pacific Cards Guild is among the largest and most valuable collections of artwork in the known multiverse,

Concerned that, in recent resolutions, the hoarding of art and wealth has been recognized as a commendable effort, especially with so many nations having such small collections,

Further concerned that this gallery and its offshoots continue a trend wherein the largest and oldest regions (namely The Pacific, The North Pacific, etc.) continue to dominate multiversal culture and politics,

Worried that the resolution in question endorses such an imbalance in power and influence,

Adding that the data compiled by r3n's puppet regime in Civil Defense Siren may have undesirable effects, such as
    -allowing fascist regions to more easily find and communicate with each other,
    -potentially adding otherwise-safe regions to their list, and
    -encouraging new nations to remain in the "Big Five" regions, further cementing their hegemony

Hereby Repeals "Commend 1 very fast endotarter"

Co-authored by Arcturus Novus

Hello new co-author!
I only found one mistake and that was “herby”
We both made that mistake.
But it’s okay!
This is really good.

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11517
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:17 am

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:
Arcturus Novus wrote:Now I've never written a single proposal in either house of this illustrious assembly, nor do I really care one way or the other if this passes, but if I may take a pass at this...


Hello new co-author!
I only found one mistake and that was “herby”
We both made that mistake.
But it’s okay!
This is really good.

Still don't think it presents a good enough argument to overturn this commendation.

Also Arcturus Novus basically wrote the whole thing so technically they did all the work with only you coming up with the idea.
Last edited by Outer Sparta on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Arcturus Novus
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6619
Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Arcturus Novus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 am

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Give Arcturus Novus a lot of credit. He came up with this draft here.

He came up

He

My pronouns are right there in my fucking sig, dude, in bright red bold text no less

Outer Sparta wrote:Still don't think it presents a good enough argument to overturn this commendation.

Also Arcturus Novus basically wrote the whole thing so technically they did all the work with only you coming up with the idea.

In fairness, it's hard to write a worthy condemnation over someone who's genuinely done a lot of good work in the community. Can't say I didn't try a little, though :p
Last edited by Arcturus Novus on Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arcy (she/her), NS' third-favorite transsexual communist!
My posts do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of my employer, George Soros.
me - my politics - my twitter
Ceterum autem censeo Americam esse delendam.

User avatar
Eumaeus
Envoy
 
Posts: 216
Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Eumaeus » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:49 am

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Okay, apart from all the Rule 2(b) errors (use of pronouns is 2(b) under the new rule set) you have done nothing to address the contents of the original resolution.

You know, the embarrassing thing here is that I literally opened the new ruleset in another window, read out the relevant rule word-for-word, and still listed the old rule 4 seconds later.
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Minister
 
Posts: 2834
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:01 am

Eumaeus wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Okay, apart from all the Rule 2(b) errors (use of pronouns is 2(b) under the new rule set) you have done nothing to address the contents of the original resolution.

You know, the embarrassing thing here is that I literally opened the new ruleset in another window, read out the relevant rule word-for-word, and still listed the old rule 4 seconds later.

I’m still going back and checking I’ve quoted the right rule number. We were on the old ruleset for so long it’s ingrained.

BTW do you still have my award? :)

Arcturus Novus wrote:My pronouns are right there in my fucking sig, dude, in bright red bold text no less

They’re a fairly new nation - they may not yet have caught up with the etiquette of checking sigs so that they don’t misgender anyone.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

User avatar
The Notorious Mad Jack
Diplomat
 
Posts: 791
Founded: Nov 05, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Notorious Mad Jack » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:07 am

This is silly. A pox on thee. A pox on thee for this silliness.
Totally not MadJack, though I hear he's incredibly smart and handsome.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: A Bloodred Moon, Calamari Lands

Advertisement

Remove ads