NATION

PASSWORD

Is it OK to swear/curse?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Is it ok for you?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:50 am

Yes, absolutely.
67%
Not at all.
15%
Maybe.
19%

Total votes : 320

Adamede
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Adamede » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:26 pm

Exxosia wrote:It's perfectly fine to swear. It's not okay to curse. Swearing is just colorful and emotional language. Cursing breeds negative intent.

There’s effectively no difference.
21yo American male. Political beliefs lean classical liberal/libertarian. Like most everyone else my opinions are garbage.

Pro: Democracy, 1st & 2nd Amendments, Science, Conservation, Nuclear, universal healthcare, Equality regardless of race, creed, or sexual orientation.
Neutral : Feminism, anarchism
Anti: Left and Right wing authoritarianism, religious extremists & theocracy, monarchy, nanny & surveillance states

Resilient Acceleration
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 pm

Adamede wrote:
Exxosia wrote:It's perfectly fine to swear. It's not okay to curse. Swearing is just colorful and emotional language. Cursing breeds negative intent.

There’s effectively no difference.

Maybe 'cursing' here refers to spewing magical spells and mantras with an intent of harm to the recipient, idk.

Nippon World | Secretary Pasca: "release Taiwan lmao" if China wants embargo of critical phosphorus lifted, according to tweet // PLA dispatched to crush food riots in 18 Chinese cities amid agricultural collapse in North China due to the 2033 Asian Water Crisis and global shortage of phosphorus-based fertilizer // Skirmishes over Indian dams in Kashmir as the Indus river recorded lowest water levels in 2500 years

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Vorausen
Envoy

Founded: Mar 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vorausen » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:03 am

As long as you are not using it in a derogatory sense, then yeah I guess it is sorta ok, although I do it as a last measure. Now being in extreme pain or something terrible happening is a different story.

Goraria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Goraria » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:25 pm

Huh were still talking about it? Never knew.
WIP Overview
Btw I don’t use NS stats. And also a big fan of Polandballs.
You might find me in forum 7. I also have no other social media because I suck. About the OOC thing, yeah no I’d rather keep that private. Ninja’d

News: A man has fallen into a river in lego city start by building the rescue helicopter. The weather today is 27°F in Forentria so make sure you bring a very thicc jacket. The weather is expected to go up around 30°F-38°F. I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!

Kingdoms of Cal
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kingdoms of Cal » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

I'm a scot...nuff said.
Warning thar be furries!

Talk to us and normalises things by setting up an embassy

Previous

Return to General