NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Wall of Art?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Ushornaia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Wall of Art?

Postby Ushornaia » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:54 pm

[TITLE] A Wall of Art?

[VALIDITY] Any Nation

[EXPLINATION] A new "artform" called Nations of the Wall represents nations as walls drawn on paper, and according to some has portrayed @@NATION@@ in an unflattering light.

[OPTION 1] "This artform is extreme and anti-@@NATION@@! We need to ban this hatefull skribbling and burn all of the existing copies!" Yells your minister of defense while he burns one of the comics.

[EFFECT] Art perceived to be against the state is used for trash can fires.

[OPTION 2] "What?! You can't ban my art! It's against my freedom of expression or whatever it is. You know what I mean! We don't live in a dictatorship do we?" Angerly screams the creator of Nations of the Wall @@RANDOMNAME@@ while pointing a shaking finger at your defense minister.

[EFFECT] People draw comics that infuriate foreign powers and make @@NATION@@ look stupid.

[OPTION 3] "Personally, I like the drawings and the style, but I don't really like how some artists are pushing it too far by showing countrywalls doing... inappropriate things. I don't want my children seeing that!" Loudly exclaims stay at home mom Jessica Yayau, "We should encourage Nations of the Wall, but put some parameters on what the countries can be seen doing."

[EFFECT] Moms say that holding hands is explicit content.
Last edited by Ushornaia on Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I created the rp forum Courland. Go here to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=500840

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:02 am

What do you mean it represents nations as walls? And in either case, how is this any different to any other form of art that represents nation in am unflattering light?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:35 am

I like the idea but the issue feels a little two-dimensional, including the explanation and options. Try to provide a bit more context by being descriptive and creative with your writing. Why is this art form suddenly popular now? Where did it come from? Who is doing it and where?
Also, you need more reasonable options. Surely there are some alternatives other than either simply banning the art or accepting it. What about allowing it but restricting where it can be viewed or distributed? Or what about allowing it but introducing rules/regulations about what sort of images of nation artists can include?
I am confused by your first option, are they saying we should ban the art form altogether or simply copies of art that depict nation in a negative light? Also, if the art is produced on a physical wall, how can it be "burned"? The specifics of the art form are not really clear.
Last edited by Jim the Baptist on Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ushornaia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Ushornaia » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:28 am

Jim the Baptist wrote:I like the idea but the issue feels a little two-dimensional, including the explanation and options. Try to provide a bit more context by being descriptive and creative with your writing. Why is this art form suddenly popular now? Where did it come from? Who is doing it and where?
Also, you need more reasonable options. Surely there are some alternatives other than either simply banning the art or accepting it. What about allowing it but restricting where it can be viewed or distributed? Or what about allowing it but introducing rules/regulations about what sort of images of nation artists can include?
I am confused by your first option, are they saying we should ban the art form altogether or simply copies of art that depict nation in a negative light? Also, if the art is produced on a physical wall, how can it be "burned"? The specifics of the art form are not really clear.

It seems that there is some confusion on the form of art, so I'll edit that in there. It's not drawn on a physical wall, instead it's a wall drawn on paper so that's how it can be burned. I'll add some more reasonable options in there too.
I created the rp forum Courland. Go here to check it out: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=500840

Return to Got Issues?