NATION

PASSWORD

Egypt Plans to Remove Qur’ân From Curriculum

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Salus, you kind of OOF'd yourself here.

Normally I'm all for sticking it to anti-theists but you're acting like someone being part of an anti-Catholic and white supremacist hate group and domestic terrorist organization like the KKK or a state-sanctioned terrorist organization with a direct link to war crimes, genocide, ethnic cleansing, and general crimes against humanity like the Waffen-SS can't in and of itself be used to judge that person.

Which is fucking ridiculous. I can and will judge anyone belonging to these two groups for belonging to said groups. They made the conscious choice to join them and adopt their hateful spiel and unrestrained violence.

Are you for summarily executing members of the KKK and SS, then? Assuming that every individual in the group are directly responsible for the worst things their group does?

Being a member of the SS is already a crime under international law under which someone could face a number of penalties. The SS is quite a bit different from the KKK, because the SS was the group centrally directed and responsible for the operation of the Holocaust, and that was the reason for its existence. The SS did not exist to do anything other than maintaining Nazi power and implementing Nazi policy.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:14 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:
Are you for summarily executing members of the KKK and SS, then? Assuming that every individual in the group are directly responsible for the worst things their group does?

Being a member of the SS is already a crime under international law under which someone could face a number of penalties. The SS is quite a bit different from the KKK, because the SS was the group centrally directed and responsible for the operation of the Holocaust, and that was the reason for its existence. The SS did not exist to do anything other than maintaining Nazi power and implementing Nazi policy.

I'm not arguing against that.

My point is that individuals are judged separately, according to things they've actually done.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:Being a member of the SS is already a crime under international law under which someone could face a number of penalties. The SS is quite a bit different from the KKK, because the SS was the group centrally directed and responsible for the operation of the Holocaust, and that was the reason for its existence. The SS did not exist to do anything other than maintaining Nazi power and implementing Nazi policy.

My point is that individuals are judged separately, according to things they've actually done.

A compelling argument against summarily executing people, maybe, but not really the strongest case against social/moral judgement or personal antipathy towards people self-identifying as members of explicitly ideological groups that you oppose.

Trollzyn said he'd judge someone for membership in the KKK or the SS, not that he would kill them on the spot. You're indulging in some pretty absurd hyperbole.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Shu Chengdu
Envoy

Founded: Feb 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Shu Chengdu » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:03 pm

Good, to echo others. Religious beliefs don’t belong in an educational classroom. It’s one thing for reference it’s another to indoctrinate.
-She/Her Cisgender female.
-My Standing on the Political Compass test.
-Second generation American of Dutch and Taiwanese parentage.
-Call me “Shu”.
-Do not telegram me. (Unless it's RP related.)

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:31 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

A compelling argument against summarily executing people, maybe, but not really the strongest case against social/moral judgement or personal antipathy towards people self-identifying as members of explicitly ideological groups that you oppose.

Trollzyn said he'd judge someone for membership in the KKK or the SS, not that he would kill them on the spot. You're indulging in some pretty absurd hyperbole.

Considering the original discussion was between me and someone who thinks genocide is fine if against the religious I’m not being hypobolic.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Previous

Return to General