NATION

PASSWORD

[SUGGESTION] Disable image posting for new accounts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Apiary One
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

[SUGGESTION] Disable image posting for new accounts

Postby Apiary One » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:29 pm

Following this discussion in the Moderation forum (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=499507) concerning the influx of NSFW picspam on NationStates, several users have proposed expanding the number of active moderators. However, I would like to propose a technical solution to the problem, hence this thread being located in Technical.

I propose the use of IMG tags in forum posts be restricted to nations that have reached a certain age and/or post count.

While the exact threshold would need to be agreed upon, I believe that any threshold - even 1 day - is better than none. In my opinion, this is greatly preferable to the status quo of giving newly minted accounts the unrestricted ability to flood the forums with picspam. Is this something that Reppy or the tech admins may wish to consider implementing if it is quick and easy to do? Thank you for reading my suggestion.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:50 pm

Apiary One wrote:Is this something that Reppy or the tech admins may wish to consider implementing if it is quick and easy to do?

I don't have access to the back-end code, but the admin privileges I do have access to don't include image or time restrictions. Is it quick and easy to do? No.

Apiary One
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Apiary One » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Thank you for your input.

Return to Technical