NATION

PASSWORD

Conservatives are the Real Snowflakes

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Lutore
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 7
Founded: Feb 09, 2021
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Conservatives are the Real Snowflakes

Postby Lutore » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:17 am

Around 2016 calling left-wingers "snowflakes" became a popular insult amongst conservatives. Since I've gone from conservative to leftie it's always seemed kinda ironic that the people who freak out when you say "happy holidays" to be more inclusive to everyone and say doing so is starting a war on Christmas are the people calling others the snowflakes. Conservatives have a history of freaking out when a guy or girl does something out of social norms such as a guy wearing a dress or a girl wanting to become apart of the workforce instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Or when leftists promote gay pride conservatives get upset and say it's dumb to be proud of your sexuality but then also start a "straight-pride" event as a way of combating gay-pride events which is just insane to me. Conservatives tend to get offended at anything that isn't "Christian" like not hating gays, being against slavery (if conservatives were against it they wouldn't wave a flag around that the only reason for existence is the preservation of slavery), being open to other cultures and religions, and any other social progress that doesn't hurt them in any way. I just find it very funny to me that because progressives and left-wingers are trying to be more accepting and inclusive and get upset when you call a gay person a f*g or call a black person the n-word means we're overly sensitive to a point we're a snowflake because we're "easily offended" or are "unable to deal with opposing opinions". That's not liberals, lefties, or progressives... It's conservatives.

User avatar
Risottia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53396
Founded: Sep 05, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Risottia » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 am

Lutore wrote:...

And we're supposed to debate... what, exactly?
Hint: this is not your blog.
Statanist through and through.
Evilutionist Atheist Crusadjihadist. "Darwinu Akhbar! Dawkins vult!"
Founder of the NSG Peace Prize Committee.
I'm back.
SUMMER, BLOODY SUMMER!

User avatar
New Bradenia Ghost
Envoy
 
Posts: 284
Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Bradenia Ghost » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am

Lutore wrote:Around 2016 calling left-wingers "snowflakes" became a popular insult amongst conservatives. Since I've gone from conservative to leftie it's always seemed kinda ironic that the people who freak out when you say "happy holidays" to be more inclusive to everyone and say doing so is starting a war on Christmas are the people calling others the snowflakes. Conservatives have a history of freaking out when a guy or girl does something out of social norms such as a guy wearing a dress or a girl wanting to become apart of the workforce instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Or when leftists promote gay pride conservatives get upset and say it's dumb to be proud of your sexuality but then also start a "straight-pride" event as a way of combating gay-pride events which is just insane to me. Conservatives tend to get offended at anything that isn't "Christian" like not hating gays, being against slavery (if conservatives were against it they wouldn't wave a flag around that the only reason for existence is the preservation of slavery), being open to other cultures and religions, and any other social progress that doesn't hurt them in any way. I just find it very funny to me that because progressives and left-wingers are trying to be more accepting and inclusive and get upset when you call a gay person a f*g or call a black person the n-word means we're overly sensitive to a point we're a snowflake because we're "easily offended" or are "unable to deal with opposing opinions". That's not liberals, lefties, or progressives... It's conservatives.


I agree with you but I don't think you should've posted this, cuz this subject is quite dangerous, especially with other nations
I am NBG, a great, strong and free nation, God Bless NBG!
President Name = Arnold Jason "Arno" Tyranic
Prime Minister Name = Peter Alexander Algazir
Deputy Prime Minister Name = George Walker "Bush" Garrison
Party = Liberal Party
Term = March 17th 2020 -

User avatar
Adamede
Minister
 
Posts: 2763
Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Adamede » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:21 am

New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
Lutore wrote:Around 2016 calling left-wingers "snowflakes" became a popular insult amongst conservatives. Since I've gone from conservative to leftie it's always seemed kinda ironic that the people who freak out when you say "happy holidays" to be more inclusive to everyone and say doing so is starting a war on Christmas are the people calling others the snowflakes. Conservatives have a history of freaking out when a guy or girl does something out of social norms such as a guy wearing a dress or a girl wanting to become apart of the workforce instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Or when leftists promote gay pride conservatives get upset and say it's dumb to be proud of your sexuality but then also start a "straight-pride" event as a way of combating gay-pride events which is just insane to me. Conservatives tend to get offended at anything that isn't "Christian" like not hating gays, being against slavery (if conservatives were against it they wouldn't wave a flag around that the only reason for existence is the preservation of slavery), being open to other cultures and religions, and any other social progress that doesn't hurt them in any way. I just find it very funny to me that because progressives and left-wingers are trying to be more accepting and inclusive and get upset when you call a gay person a f*g or call a black person the n-word means we're overly sensitive to a point we're a snowflake because we're "easily offended" or are "unable to deal with opposing opinions". That's not liberals, lefties, or progressives... It's conservatives.


I agree with you but I don't think you should've posted this, cuz this subject is quite dangerous, especially with other nations

Dangerous? You’re fucking kidding me
21yo male. Like most everyone else my opinions are garbage.

Pro: Democracy, 1st & 2nd Amendments, Science, Conservation, Nuclear, universal healthcare, Equality regardless of race, creed, or sexual orientation.
Neutral : Feminism, anarchism
Anti: Left and Right wing authoritarianism, religious extremists & theocracy, monarchy, nanny & surveillance states

User avatar
National Capitalist United States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 522
Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Corporate Police State

Postby National Capitalist United States » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:22 am

New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
Lutore wrote:Around 2016 calling left-wingers "snowflakes" became a popular insult amongst conservatives. Since I've gone from conservative to leftie it's always seemed kinda ironic that the people who freak out when you say "happy holidays" to be more inclusive to everyone and say doing so is starting a war on Christmas are the people calling others the snowflakes. Conservatives have a history of freaking out when a guy or girl does something out of social norms such as a guy wearing a dress or a girl wanting to become apart of the workforce instead of being a stay-at-home mom. Or when leftists promote gay pride conservatives get upset and say it's dumb to be proud of your sexuality but then also start a "straight-pride" event as a way of combating gay-pride events which is just insane to me. Conservatives tend to get offended at anything that isn't "Christian" like not hating gays, being against slavery (if conservatives were against it they wouldn't wave a flag around that the only reason for existence is the preservation of slavery), being open to other cultures and religions, and any other social progress that doesn't hurt them in any way. I just find it very funny to me that because progressives and left-wingers are trying to be more accepting and inclusive and get upset when you call a gay person a f*g or call a black person the n-word means we're overly sensitive to a point we're a snowflake because we're "easily offended" or are "unable to deal with opposing opinions". That's not liberals, lefties, or progressives... It's conservatives.


I agree with you but I don't think you should've posted this, cuz this subject is quite dangerous, especially with other nations

I mean if they get pissed then they just proving Lutore's point
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─


User avatar
New Bradenia Ghost
Envoy
 
Posts: 284
Founded: Jul 12, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Bradenia Ghost » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:22 am

Adamede wrote:
New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
I agree with you but I don't think you should've posted this, cuz this subject is quite dangerous, especially with other nations

Dangerous? You’re fucking kidding me


I don't think you understand that Cons can get very angered with this subject because this is going against Conservatives... well that's what I think
I am NBG, a great, strong and free nation, God Bless NBG!
President Name = Arnold Jason "Arno" Tyranic
Prime Minister Name = Peter Alexander Algazir
Deputy Prime Minister Name = George Walker "Bush" Garrison
Party = Liberal Party
Term = March 17th 2020 -

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6987
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:23 am

New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
Adamede wrote:Dangerous? You’re fucking kidding me


I don't think you understand that Cons can get very angered with this subject because this is going against Conservatives... well that's what I think

Well it is a bait-post. A bloggy one at that.

User avatar
Dumb Ideologies
Post Czar
 
Posts: 44150
Founded: Sep 30, 2007
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Dumb Ideologies » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:24 am

Every man is a paragon of rationality while the ideals and symbols being attacked in the current zeitgeist aren't his own. But the moment something with personal impact gets grazed by the discourse then it is time for shirt off, bandana round the head, waving a baseball bat and grunting.
Tʜᴇ Fᴇɴᴄᴇ-Bᴜʀɴɪɴɢ Rᴀʙʙʟᴇ ᴏꜰ Dᴜᴍʙ Iᴅᴇᴏʟᴏɢɪᴇs
¸„¤*˜*¤„¸„¤*˜*¤„¸ Left-wing nationalism with anime characteristics ¸„¤*˜*¤„¸„¤*˜*¤„¸
Freedom is when people agree with you, and the more people you can force to act like they agree the freer society is
You are the trolley problem's conductor. You could stop the train in time but you do not. Nobody knows you're part of the equation. You satisfy your bloodlust and get away with it every time.

User avatar
Adamede
Minister
 
Posts: 2763
Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Adamede » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:25 am

New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
Adamede wrote:Dangerous? You’re fucking kidding me


I don't think you understand that Cons can get very angered with this subject because this is going against Conservatives... well that's what I think

That doesn’t make it “dangerous”, much less on this site.
21yo male. Like most everyone else my opinions are garbage.

Pro: Democracy, 1st & 2nd Amendments, Science, Conservation, Nuclear, universal healthcare, Equality regardless of race, creed, or sexual orientation.
Neutral : Feminism, anarchism
Anti: Left and Right wing authoritarianism, religious extremists & theocracy, monarchy, nanny & surveillance states

User avatar
Disgraces
Diplomat
 
Posts: 836
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Disgraces » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:25 am

New Bradenia Ghost wrote:
Adamede wrote:Dangerous? You’re fucking kidding me


I don't think you understand that Cons can get very angered with this subject because this is going against Conservatives... well that's what I think

That isn't exclusive to this post.

User avatar
Zarnicovia nova
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6589
Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarnicovia nova » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:26 am

/taggging so i can see this chaos
to make an embassy with zarnicovia nova go to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=490604
Q&A here! viewtopic.php?f=23&t=491532
airport viewtopic.php?f=6&t=491681
country founded by a religion based off of my and the views of Utah/the Mormons. far-left democracy very powerful.

THIS NATION IS BASED ON STATS!
OOC: flag is ZN history summarized

User avatar
Haja-Mishu
Diplomat
 
Posts: 951
Founded: Jun 27, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby Haja-Mishu » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:27 am

blacks be the real racists vibes
mods are musty


✵ATRAḪASĪSIRĒDÛTU ŠŪRĀYA✵
A massive semi-isolationist republican island city-state with an extensive history spanning ten millennia. Home to a race of disciplined pathologically-haughty semi-giants who don’t care about you.


User avatar
Jabberwocky
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 378
Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Jabberwocky » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:27 am

No two snowflakes are identical
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gambol in the wabe.
All mimsy were the borogoves
And the mome raths outgrabe.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 34475
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Katganistan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 am

Posts on the General discussion thread need to have a question to be discussed, or they rapidly become spam-magnets.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Badjuristan, Ethel mermania, Fauxia, Fifth Imperial Remnant, Galloism, Gressemphe, Kargintinia, Krasny-Volny, Majestic-12 [Bot], Omniabstracta, Rathalas, Razden, Shidei, The American Anarchist Empire, The Huskar Social Union, The Imagination Animals

Advertisement

Remove ads