NATION

PASSWORD

APNM Asks: Should We Abolish America?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Amos-Nuraka
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Amos-Nuraka » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:52 am

Short answer:
Preferably not, there needs to be some change, but getting rid of it entirely isn't gonna make it all better.

Long Answer:
In my opinion, that would be a bad idea, yes America has its various issues, but those are political and just because they don't have a solution yet doesn't mean you have to get rid of the problem. Getting rid of America on the world stage would incur a large amount of instability anyway, and all of the other major world powers have projected power in some way throughout their time in the spotlight. And I'm sure you know all countries take inspiration from other, like the numerous countries that have taken inspiration from the US and like with Rome and Greece. It is not the culture that promotes those values, many people don't agree with them at all, but there are a few loud voices which put their opinion out there and it gains traction amongst people. It isn't state supported (anymore), but I wouldn't blame such a large issue on an entire people group. In conclusion, no, there are still problems, but eradicating the problem by getting rid of it entirely isn't going to fix everything. And frankly, in my opinion, it doesn't matter which ethnicity someone was if they invented something, it just mattered that they invented it in the first place.
A PMT nation set in it's own world, year 2057 GT.
Map|Overview|Republics and Territories|Tech|
Literally just space Japan

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:53 am

Furthermore their culture promotes obesity, hatred of women and anti-intellectualism.

Obesity is bad, and we don't promote it. People who think it's everyone else's fault do. We don't hate women either, or at least most of us don't.
You see America is a horrendous country with nothing really to offer.

You've obviously never been to America.
They didn't even invent basketball

Untrue. While a Canadian had the idea, the idea was realized and made in Springfield, Massachusetts.
This is after all the country that largely inspired Nazi Germany

Hitler had a lot of screws loose and being inspired by America would be interesting considering the regime he put in place, versus America's democratic system that did not have a fascist leaning.
Not just a distinct political entity but as a unified people.

Where would we go? What would we do? Should we just add 50 countries to the world?
the first baseball game was played in southern Ontario.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-cincinnati-red-stockings-played-the-first-professional-baseball-game-146-years-ago/c-122238048

:lol2: Considering this comment, you have never been to America and you only watch Fox News or CNN to learn about it.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

The Marlborough
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:58 am

Untecna wrote:
Furthermore their culture promotes obesity, hatred of women and anti-intellectualism.

Obesity is bad, and we don't promote it. People who think it's everyone else's fault do. We don't hate women either, or at least most of us don't.

You've obviously never been to America.
They didn't even invent basketball

Untrue. While a Canadian had the idea, the idea was realized and made in Springfield, Massachusetts.
This is after all the country that largely inspired Nazi Germany

Hitler had a lot of screws loose and being inspired by America would be interesting considering the regime he put in place, versus America's democratic system that did not have a fascist leaning.
Not just a distinct political entity but as a unified people.

Where would we go? What would we do? Should we just add 50 countries to the world?
the first baseball game was played in southern Ontario.

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/the-cincinnati-red-stockings-played-the-first-professional-baseball-game-146-years-ago/c-122238048

:lol2: Considering this comment, you have never been to America and you only watch Fox News or CNN to learn about it.

I have actually lived in America. Furthermore, considering how Americans like to claim ownership over even the most trace amount of someone being American, it's only fitting that basketball is taken from them. Also there is evidence that the first baseball game was played in Beachville, Ontario on June 4, 1838. I'm afraid once again that something so typically American really is not.
How could the Irish potato famine happen if they were surrounded by fish?
Support the Lil Red Dress Project to bring awareness to MMIWG.
Bless our neon cyberpunk future.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:03 am

Oh the edge, the anger, it hurts so much.... I think I am going to cry... or write a poem

Much edge, great wind,
Yet such absolute nothingness.
No substance, no thought,
Welcome to NSG.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:04 am

you'll get that DEAT one day, I believe in you
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:05 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Much edge, great wind,

A poem applicable to American education.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:08 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
Much edge, great wind,

A poem applicable to American education.

If you were educated in America, maybe. However unsurprisingly i have to make it explicit.

My poetry was directed at your post.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Unstoppable Empire of Doom
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unstoppable Empire of Doom » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:10 am

I like how so many people are triggered by america that they make threads like this about twice a week.
Last edited by Unstoppable Empire of Doom on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoever said "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink" has clearly never drown a horse.

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:10 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:A poem applicable to American education.

If you were educated in America, maybe. However unsurprisingly i have to make it explicit.

Oh no I got that, you see I was largely educated outside of America. Hence why I was able to get that. However, it is more applicable to American education standards, no?

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:11 am

I say we abolish people with dumb ideas like this first. It would certainly be a much greater step in making the world a better place.
Last edited by Adamede on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 am

Adamede wrote:I say we abolish people with dumb ideas like this first.

Mhm, mhm, a possibility to be sure. However most of said people would surely be American and hence my proposal would come to fruition by default.
Last edited by The Marlborough on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:14 am

Unstoppable Empire of Doom wrote:I like how so many people are triggered by america that they make threads like this about twice a week.

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I think having this much free living space in peoples heads that it just forms their entire personality is much more of an ego boost personally.

Nilokeras
Senator

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilokeras » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 am

Another important factor to consider is the distorting influence American politics and its sucking vortex of money has on the rest of the world too. From bankrolling the reanimation of TERFism as a wedge against LGBT causes in the UK and discriminatory laws in Uganda to launching coups in Bolivia, American influence poisons everything it touches. Dying empires rarely have a positive influence on the world and this is no exception.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Adamede wrote:I say we abolish people with dumb ideas like this first.

Mhm, mhm, a possibility to be sure. However most of said people would surely be American and hence my proposal would come to fruition by default.

That seriously the best you got? Get something original dude.

Kargintinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintinia » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:17 am

For the sake of mankind's collective IQ I say we abolish NSG permanently

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:18 am

Kargintinia wrote:For the sake of mankind's collective IQ I say we abolish NSG permanently

All social media just to be safe.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:18 am

The Marlborough wrote:A Pimp Named Marlborough would like to have you all to ponder a question: Should we abolish the United States of America? Not just a distinct political entity but as a unified people. You see America is a horrendous country with nothing really to offer. It is constantly trying to shove its shitty culture down everyone else's throat. Problems that exist in America, Americans will automatically assume exist elsewhere to the same extent: for example in the realm of political fracturing and racial tensions. This is however not the case, some countries even when they have come up short, still managed to at least a D on human dignity whereas America has constantly gotten an F. This is after all the country that largely inspired Nazi Germany but also whose racism actually shocked and somewhat disgusted the Nazis. Furthermore their culture promotes obesity, hatred of women and anti-intellectualism. It is a lumpenproletariat culture where dignity and ingenuity goes to die. It causes problems in many other countries; the violence seen in Mexico and Central America has its roots in American culture's inability to not snort blood drugs. I'd hazard most of the people who have invented things in America of any sort of global significance weren't even born Americans or at the very least were born to immigrant families. They didn't even invent basketball and the first baseball game was played in southern Ontario. In short there is nothing redeeming about America. If I want to see a desert, I'll go to northern Mexico; the Rocky Mountains, Alberta; a tropical paradise I'll go to Jamaica instead of that kitsch hellhole called Hawaii. In short there is nothing redeeming about this place. Not its culture, not its institutions, and certainly not its power.

So, why does the rest of the world tolerate this decaying empire? We should not, I say. I say we should turn our backs to America and let them squabble and fracture until they are nothing but a loose collection of failed states. Hell, it shouldn't be too difficult, Americans like killing each other even in the best of times.

Personally I think my country should build a border wall and prohibit Americans from moving here.

Thank you for indulging me, NSG. Now what do you fine denizens think? Particularly those not of an American persuasion.

Yes, don't bother asking actual Americans or people who support Americans to provide their opinions on an issue.

People like you are the problem with the world filled with hate and having no interest in actually discussing anything. I as an American, recognize America has some issues. Let me ask you this, who doesn't? The rising right-wing wave is hitting everyone, from Germany to Canada, and yes Americans can be loud, we can be boisterous. But who's culture is objectively better?

You say that people don't like American power. Say that to a South Korean, who currently would be a North Korean had America not stepped in. Say that to an Indonesian, Singaporean, Korean, or Filipino who's nation suffered under the brutality of the Japanese Empire. Say that to an Estonian, Latvian, or Lithuanian who's main protection from Russia is American Military bases in their countries.
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zul-ar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Zul-ar » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:19 am

No.
thank you for coming to my ted talk
With diligence, bravery, and obedience

Wear your masks and social distance.
This nation does not align with my views. NS stats somewhat canon. A Class 2 Civilization according to this index.
My Countryball art.
Headlines: Female Tourist Released to Nation of Origin After Arrest for Indecent Exposure | Records From Season 5 of Radio Show "The Pious Man" Now For Sale | Actor Terrijorr From Hit Radio Show "The Pious Man" is Released, All Charges Dropped | New Sanitary Laws Go Into Effect | Mor-Leaf Prices Rise By .03%

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:23 am

Zul-ar wrote:No.
thank you for coming to my ted talk

:clap:

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 am

Bolslania wrote:But who's culture is objectively better?
Mexico. Spain. Greece. Turkey. Canada. Iceland. Botswana. Vietnam.

You say that people don't like American power. Say that to a South Korean, who currently would be a North Korean had America not stepped in.
And yet they don't actually want to share their onw increase in the cost. You can enjoy something for free even from a place you don't like.
Say that to an Indonesian, Singaporean, Korean, or Filipino who's nation suffered under the brutality of the Japanese Empire.
Harkening back to days of yore is a pretty sad statement. Should I bring up the Philippine-American War?
Say that to an Estonian, Latvian, or Lithuanian who's main protection from Russia is American Military bases in their countries.
Yes, three very small and very biased countries.

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:27 am

Nilokeras wrote:Another important factor to consider is the distorting influence American politics and its sucking vortex of money has on the rest of the world too. From bankrolling the reanimation of TERFism as a wedge against LGBT causes in the UK and discriminatory laws in Uganda to launching coups in Bolivia, American influence poisons everything it touches. Dying empires rarely have a positive influence on the world and this is no exception.

Quite true, indeed.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:28 am

The Marlborough wrote:

You say that people don't like American power. Say that to a South Korean, who currently would be a North Korean had America not stepped in.
And yet they don't actually want to share their onw increase in the cost. You can enjoy something for free even from a place you don't like.
Say that to an Indonesian, Singaporean, Korean, or Filipino who's nation suffered under the brutality of the Japanese Empire.
Harkening back to days of yore is a pretty sad statement. Should I bring up the Philippine-American War?
Say that to an Estonian, Latvian, or Lithuanian who's main protection from Russia is American Military bases in their countries.

Canada's culture is literally "We're not America", combined with the same variance from standard American culture that the various regional cultures in the US has.
They also invented pineapple pizza. That automatically makes Canada truly a degenerate culture.

Get better shit dude.
Last edited by Adamede on Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:29 am

The Marlborough wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:

Oh no I got that, you see I was largely educated outside of America. Hence why I was able to get that. However, it is more applicable to American education standards, no?

Considering your post, no not at all. But enjoy the edge

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

The Marlborough
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Marlborough » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:33 am

Adamede wrote:
The Marlborough wrote:Mexico. Spain. Greece. Turkey. Canada. Iceland. Botswana. Vietnam.

And yet they don't actually want to share their onw increase in the cost. You can enjoy something for free even from a place you don't like. Harkening back to days of yore is a pretty sad statement. Should I bring up the Philippine-American War? Yes, three very small and very biased countries.

Canada's culture is literally "We're not America even", combine with the same variance from standard American culture that the various regional cultures in the US has.

Get better shit dude.

Actually Canada's culture is quite unique, even if subtle. I'm afraid that this is lost on you is not A Pimp Named Marlborough's fault.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:34 am

The Marlborough wrote:

TURKEY :rofl: :rofl: The Armenian Genocide is objectively better than America?

Spain and Greece, leeching off of German guilt? Leeching off of the EU?

Mexico? Warlordism and strongmen is a good thing to you?

Vietnam? An authoritarian state-capitalist regime?

Iceland is actually not too bad I'll cede to point there and idk enough about Botswana

Try that statement about Korea again, but this time in understandable english

"Harkening back to the days of yore is a pretty sad statement" If you think its not a great argumentative tactic to bring up things that happened in the past, why are we even having this discussion? Lets talk about Canada's history of genocide and forced displacement of natives.

"Three small and biased nations" So what? What does their size have to do with anything? And you can't just make an "attempt" to defeat someone else's argument by saying that people who disagree with you are "biased"

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General