NATION

PASSWORD

R-Type: Last Dance (FT/Starfighter. OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

R-Type: Last Dance (FT/Starfighter. OOC)

Postby New yugoslavaia » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:33 pm

R-TYPE: LAST DANCE

(Note: This is a Soft Sci-Fi RP. It is also based off an old Shoot em up series. I have changed or added some things, but I've mostly tried to keep true to the source material...despite its more unrealistic elements).

Story:
It is the middle of the 22rd century and humanity has become embroiled in a dreadful war.
Not because of their own actions. In fact, they had been enjoying one of the most prosperous ages in their short history. Global unity, faster-than-light travel, the near disintegration of the wealth gap and numerous colonies on other planets. However, one event would lead not only to the discovery of another spacefaring species, but also the cause of humanities fall from an inter-stellar golden age.
While exploring the furthest reaches of their colonial space, man would run head first into something they could have never prepared for…
The Bydo.
Faced with a foe that could assimilate and mutate any man or machine that was sent against it, the Alliance’s navy was forced to retreat battle after battle. Any victories were small and would often be all for nought a day or two later when The Bydo Empire resumed their unending onslaught.
However, the war is not yet lost.
In order to minimise the chances of assimilation, the Space Corps (the name given to the Alliance’s navy) have started to field en masse many new series of small starfighters and support craft going under a single name...
The R-Type program.
Now armed with an incredibly agile and deadly armada of fighters which could down even a mighty Bydo warship single-handedly, the tables might finally be turning against The Bydo. The only thing that is needed now are the best of the best. The most skilled pilots the Alliance has to offer.

And that would be you.
It's your mission to go out there and win this war. Kill many, lose few, avoid joining your past allies.
Now, blast off and strike the evil Bydo Empire!

Backstory:
Time: 22nd Century.
Situation: Astronautics. Perhaps one of the most important branches of science during the last two centuries. After millions of years, humanity could finally move beyond its home and physically reach the many other worlds of the Solar system. But their growth didn’t stop there. Around the 2080’s, some of the greatest minds of the world society and the colonies (with the help of etherium, a exotic new element found on an asteroid outside the Solar system) were finally able to practically create an Einstein-Rosen bridge, more commonly known as wormhole. With this new invention, even other star systems like Alpha Centauri and Sirius could be reached and settled.
But in the face of all these advancements, humanity never came across species like itself. Of course alien life was discovered on the many new worlds, but they showed basic sentience at best and were singular cell bacteria at worst. Could there even be another sapient, spacefaring race out there in the Milky Way?
In 2163, humanity would get their answer…
It started with the colony on planet Vega B going silent. In response, a small astronaval fleet was deployed to the system to investigate. Soon after arriving, they reported what they had found.
The colony had been destroyed. The only sign that it existed was a huge crater where it once was.
Before any further actions could be taken, the fleet was assaulted and quickly destroyed by the same force that had attacked the planet. This force would eventually come to be known as the Bydo Empire.
Following this initial attack on the Vega system, the Bydo launched a massive offensive across a third of the Alliance’s border sphere. The forces in those sectors were too few in numbers to effectively hold off the invasion forces, so stronger ships from the deeper Colonial Zones were sent to aid them. However, this was still not enough as these powerful warships started to turn on each other in the middle of battles. Alliance forces would soon learn that this was due to the Bydo not only infecting their systems, but also asmiliating the crew into creatures like themselves.
Within 9 months, the Bydo Empire had completely surrounded human space, which had been drastically reduced in size. Many planets were lost, either by orbital bombardment or occupation. Although the Alliance forces were eventually able to mostly counter the advances of the enemy through the use of new tactics (such as using larger warships as rear line support and updating their sensor technology to better detect Bydo signatures), they were still being pushed back, even if at a much slower rate.
So in order to effectively fight back against such a radically different foe, a radical solution was proposed and eventually put into action.
Through the combination of miniaturised wave cannon technology and the latest in starfighter design, the R-Type project was born. The small profile, speed and agility of the R-Craft would allow them to avoid any Bydo fire or attempts at assimilation, while the large arsenal would allow pilots to easily carve through the enemy ranks. But perhaps the most important part of this project would be a device simply known as the Force, a sphere of exotic orange energy held in place by a control system which was capable of blocking/dissolving most things thrown at it. In addition, it could also be detached from the fighter, where it would act semi-independently and attack with its own vulcan on command from the pilot.
With this weaponry at their disposal, the Alliance could finally strike back against the Bydo.

Faction data:
Human Colonial Alliance: The dominant political and military entity within human colonised space. Following the establishment of a global governing body at some point during the 21st century, development of aerospace technology rapidly increased in order to allow humanity to reach other parts of the Solar System. The creation of wormhole technology near the end of the 21st century allowed quick and efficient colonisation of other star systems. Before the Bydo invasion, human controlled space included around 150 star systems and its borders were 25 light years from the Solar System in all directions. Presently, the border of the HCA is only 17 light years away from Sol. All efforts have been placed into slowing down or outright preventing the advancement of Bydo forces.
The Bydo Empire: Aggressively expansionist collection of biomechanical lifeforms with the capabilities to convert other species and spacecraft to their side via infection. All attempts to communicate with the Bydo have ended in failure, with said failure usually preceded by either death or assimilation. Despite a strong initial attack that caught the HCA off guard, rapid militarisation and the adoption of new doctrines has dramatically slowed down their advances. However, they are still slowly encroaching into human space, with many star systems being lost in the process. Unless the tides of war can be turned, humanity’s subjugation by the Bydo Empire is an inevitability.

Ship/weaponry data:
The starfighters of the R-Type project are as dangerous as they are fast. It’s a good idea for pilots to become familiar with the arsenal their ships can carry.
Laser vulcan: Basic automatic cannon at the front of the cockpit. Good for dealing with missiles, solid projectiles, small enemy units and some medium ones too.
Missiles/bombs: Additional solid munitions. Come in various forms. Devastating against small to medium ground and/or wall-based targets.
Wave cannon: A hyper-destructive energy weapon. Fires a concentrated blast. Must be charged before firing. Can be charged multiple times for greater power.
Force unit: Combat satellite that can attach/detach to either the back or the front of the ship. Can be launched at the enemy. Increases the power of the vulcan and destroys most projectiles and small Bydo. Will damage larger ones over time. Can also fire its own vulcan if detached.

Current arsenal (pre-1st mission):
Ships:
R-9A Arrowhead
The main fighter of the R-Type program. Jack of all trades. A good starting craft for those who either want to take a balanced approach to the campaign or don’t know what type of playstyle suits them yet. Uses standard force.
R-9D Shooting Star
Fighter designed for long range combat. Wave cannon fires a concentrated beam instead of a more destructive, but reduced range energy blast. Uses defensive force.
R-9B Strider
Built for conducting long range bombing operations. Has greater cargo space to house bombs and missiles, allowing it to store up to 3 Balmung type nuclear warheads (can be launched instantly). Replaces wave cannon with a barrier projector, which creates a temporary crystal shield in front of the craft for greater protection. Uses defensive force.
Forces:
Standard force: Basic force design. Used for standard fighters, such as the Arrowhead and similar ships. Will fire vulcan when detached. Can fire the air-to-air laser (intertwining red and blue lasers that form a coil-like tunnel), reflective laser (three blue beams that can reflect off surfaces) and air-to-ground laser (fires two yellow trails of plasma to hit targets above and below). Can only be used with the 9A.
Defensive force: Used to give long range fighters better protection and close range weaponry in case enemy units get too close. Will fire vulcan when detached. Can fire twin lasers (pair of red lasers that converge on impact), dispersion impact laser (fires two beams diagonally) and defensive laser (fires a ball of plasma that explodes near targets, releasing a small spray of laser bolts). Can only be used with the 9D and 9B.

Player application:
Nation name:
Group name/callsign:
ORBAT/squadrons (Total of 3 squadrons allowed. 3-5 ships per squadron):
Have you read the rules?:

Rules:
No (heavy) godmodding. You are allowed to decide the fate of small enemy ships and some medium ones too, but what happens to large squadrons, other medium ships/units, large units and beyond are up to me (the OP).
OP (and CO-OP provide we get one) words are final.
No metagaming (characters knowing info they shouldn’t know).
No one liners. Try and write at least a paragraph in a post. Also try and make your posts medium-high quality.
Keep things PG-13 I guess (in spite of the, you know, horrific fleshy space monsters that may or may not have been human previously).
Put this in the app: Bink is best.
No flaming in the IC (or OOC for that matter).
Only use ships and equipment that are currently available to you.

Also have fun I guess.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:00 am

/bump

(As if it's going to make a difference)

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Grand Indochina
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Grand Indochina » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:07 pm

Ooh ! This RP looks kinda nice !
"Heretics, heretics everywhere.”

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:42 am

Grand Indochina wrote:Ooh ! This RP looks kinda nice !

Oh hello!
So, want to join in?

New Yugoslavia just is.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:56 am

Well, this went nowhere.

F

Guess R-Type is still too niche at the moment.
Maybe when R-Type Final 2 comes out and maybe makes the series a bit more popular again, I could give it another shot.
Last edited by New yugoslavaia on Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu May 13, 2021 9:45 am

Tag....wait!!! this RP looks good
World Health Organization
Part of the ICDN
Earth-1: HRM is head of Starfleet
Earth-NS: NS Forum, HRM is President of Earth Allies

Chads Bizarre Adventure wrote:You always make the best RPs 8)

To boldly..[Insert something here]

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu May 13, 2021 1:15 pm

Earth Allies wrote:Tag....wait!!! this RP looks good

Ah damn
The moment someone actually gets interested is when the things been dead for ages.

However, I could reboot it.
You think I should?

New Yugoslavia just is.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu May 13, 2021 1:37 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Tag....wait!!! this RP looks good

Ah damn
The moment someone actually gets interested is when the things been dead for ages.

You think I should?

Yes...we need reboot
Part of the ICDN

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu May 13, 2021 1:47 pm

Earth Allies wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Ah damn

You think I should?

Yes...we need reboot

Any suggestions?

New Yugoslavia just is.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu May 13, 2021 1:51 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Yes...we need reboot

Any suggestions?

Make it more in the style of what it is.....more summary, better APP, and...better characteristics in characters...might be a CoOP i the RP

??
Part of the ICDN

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu May 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Earth Allies wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:
Any suggestions?

Make it more in the style of what it is.....more summary, better APP, and...better characteristics in characters...might be a CoOP i the RP

??

It's a little trick to make sure people read the rules.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu May 13, 2021 2:17 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Make it more in the style of what it is.....more summary, better APP, and...better characteristics in characters...might be a CoOP i the RP

??

Ok....now as planned....I´ll go and make sure everything is ready for Both of us to make a reboot...I shall be one of the CoOPs
Part of the ICDN

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Thu May 13, 2021 2:33 pm

Earth Allies wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:

Ok....now as planned....I´ll go and make sure everything is ready for Both of us to make a reboot...I shall be one of the CoOPs

I'm a bit busy with exams now. Maybe after I'm don with those.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 am

New yugoslavaia wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Ok....now as planned....I´ll go and make sure everything is ready for Both of us to make a reboot...I shall be one of the CoOPs

I'm a bit busy with exams now. Maybe after I'm don with those.

Ok
Part of the ICDN

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse