NATION

PASSWORD

Nicastian Bicentennial Celebration (IC)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
User avatar
Nicastia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Nicastian Bicentennial Celebration (IC)

Postby Nicastia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:06 am

Image

To celebrate the Bicentennial of Nicastia, the Lord Chamberlain in command of His Majesty, the King formally invites you...


The small island nation of Nicastia is opening its palace doors as it marks its two hundred years of hard fought for and defended independence from colonial empires, imperialistic nations and larger neighbors. The Bicentennial marks the started of the 200th year in the Nicastian national calendar, marking the day the first queen, Maude, was proclaimed alongside the new nation. Now, Queen Maude’s descendant, King Henry II sits on the throne celebrates this once in a life time event with grand fanfare as the small kingdom attempts to pull itself out of an economic recession. For a moment the nation shall unite and celebrate.

The event shall take place at Leyeborne Palace in the capital city of Bernes with the King and Queen of Nicastia as hosts. The grand event is expected to be the event of the new decade for Nicastia. Guests of high station, whether they be political, aristocratic, cultural or social fame and status are welcomed into the grand celebration. Dress code for the event is white tie. These most esteemed guests shall have the chance to dance with, talk with and eat with the crème de la crème of Nicastian society as well as learn more of the nation.

1.Must sign up on the OOC Thread before posting on the IC Thread
2. No Godmodding, Metagaming or similar stuff. No exceptions.
* 2.1. If you suspect someone of being guilty of breaking any of these rules, bring it to our attention on the OOC Thread.
* 2.2. NS Forumn Rules Applies here so let's make sure it stays PG-13.
* 2.3. OOC on the OOC-thread, IC on the IC-thread.
3. All NPCs from Nicastia will be controlled by me and only by me. No Exceptions.
4. No murdering or assassinations of characters at this event shall be permitted.
5. Permitted Characters:
* 5.1. Everyone from heads of state, government officials, industrialists, aristocrats, intellectuals, celebrities, etc. are welcome.
* 5.2. Dress Code: ‪White Tie‬. As required for the occasion the clothes have to be of white tie, however if not possible, a formal wear replacement is recommended; such as a national cultural outfit (example: agbada or jodhpuri suit)
* 5.3 No weapons of any kind allowed.
* 5.4 No magic. Humans Only. No exception.
* 5.5 One Character, one filled out RSVP. No exception.
6. You may have your characters start on the Leyeborne Palace’s grand ballroom or anteroom to make the entry process easy.
7.Have fun!


OOC Thread

User avatar
Nicastia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicastia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:08 am

Image
Leyeborne Palace


Leyeborne Palace sat on the northeastern outskirts of the city of Bernes. Bernes, the capital of the Kingdom of Nicastia was the second largest city in the small island, sitting on the western shore of the largest of the islands, which shared its name. A respectable port city, it enjoyed great wealth compared to the rest of the nation, though it had been hit with hard times over the last decade. Grand mansions and stylish high rises lined several of its more major avenues, such as Bellemonte Avenue and Alexander Street, but only a few of them were actually occupied, most empty or abandoned by their constructors who could no longer afford them.

Thus it was on the rising slopes of Leyeborne Hill, where the grand and opulent royal palace that had housed the Royal Family of Nicastia for now two centuries that true wealth and majesty resided. Surrounded by thick wooden slopes, trees hid the view of the city below and the ocean beyond. An oasis of an archaic and idyllic countryside. Built by Count William Leyeborne, the grandfather of the first Queen of Nicastia in 60 B.N.E (Before Nicastia Era) it had started as a mere manor house before being expanded and enriched by subsequent generations of Queens and Kings.

Well manicured lawns dotted with circled clusters of low hedges and white, red and gold flowers lined the smooth driveway and sidewalks that lead to the marble palace once past the massive marble and gold plated iron gates. Designed in the flamboyant Neo-Basque it had three levels, plus a majestic campanile that housed 5 bells, one for each monarch that’d died on the throne. The Sovereign Bells, as they were known, tolled twelve times everyday at noon. The grand entrance was a marvel of italianate design lead to the main building which housed the palace’s equally grand and equally opulent ballroom.

Arriving and dispersing through the grand ballroom were the two upper classes of the country: the aristocracy and the party members. The aristocracy were the lords, ladies, earls and countesses of the kingdom, notably by their shining pendants or modest diamond tiaras. The aristocrats of Nicastia, whilst having great status in the nation, had lost most of their power to parliament, and, more startling, most of their wealth in the economic recession of the previous decade. In contrast, the members of the Sovereignty Party, chairpersons of government committees and directors of agencies like the Treasury, Commerce, and Communication were draped in the fashion of the nouveau riche. What they lacked in blue blood in their veins, they made up for in green in their pockets. However, with wealth and status spilt between the two groups, all the power was lay firmly in the hands of two individuals, the Minister of State, Josephine Mashen and King Henry II of Nicastia. The minister and the King were the binary stars of the palace celebration.

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:16 am

Diana arrived at the palace, adjusting her diadem as she entered the ballroom. It was already bustling with nobles and royals chatting about gossiping and discussing politics. As she normally preferred to be alone, she sat on a chair in front of a large window overlooking the courtyard. Diana had only arrived to show solidarity with Nicastia, so she figured she should make it as quick as possible.
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:46 am

Benjamin Fowler, the president of Delbar, arrived at the palace. He look around the ballroom, which was presumably filled with NPC guests. "Seems like a lively crowd.", he said, in a moderate Jamaican accent. He walked through the ballroom on his way to the refreshments table when someone tapped him on his shoulder. Instinctively, he turned around, seeing one of the nobles.

"Hello.", the noble spoke to him. "It's a pleasure having the president of Deblar visiting our humble kingdom."

"The pleasure's all mine.", said Benjamin, shaking the nobles' hand. "Wonderful palace you have here."

"It's truly a marvel of Nicastian architecture.", the noble said

"Well, I was just on my way to the refreshments table, so..."

"Oh, of course. Carry on."

With that, Benjamin walked away from the noble and towards the refreshments table. Once he got there, he grabbed a plate and was about to fill it when a lady sitting by a large window caught his eye. He looked for a second, then turned his attention back on the refreshments, which was always his favorite part of these kinds of events.

"Focus..", Benjamin said quietly to himself. "You're here on diplomatic terms..."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:53 am

Deblar wrote:Benjamin Fowler, the president of Delbar, arrived at the palace. He look around the ballroom, which was presumably filled with NPC guests. "Seems like a lively crowd.", he said, in a moderate Jamaican accent. He walked through the ballroom on his way to the refreshments table when someone tapped him on his shoulder. Instinctively, he turned around, seeing one of the nobles.

"Hello.", the noble spoke to him. "It's a pleasure having the president of Deblar visiting our humble kingdom."

"The pleasure's all mine.", said Benjamin, shaking the nobles' hand. "Wonderful palace you have here."

"It's truly a marvel of Nicastian architecture.", the noble said

"Well, I was just on my way to the refreshments table, so..."

"Oh, of course. Carry on."

With that, Benjamin walked away from the noble and towards the refreshments table. Once he got there, he grabbed a plate and was about to fill it when a lady sitting by a large window caught his eye. He looked for a second, then turned his attention back on the refreshments, which was always his favorite part of these kinds of events.

"Focus..", Benjamin said quietly to himself. "You're here on diplomatic terms..."

Diana noticed a man looking at her for a couple of seconds and then grabbing food and returning to the party, likely not realizing she saw him. She walked after him, figuring she might as well talk to someone. Sitting alone in front of a window was admittedly getting a bit boring. "Salutations, Mr. President, I am Baroness Diana Delane of Panemore. I trust you're enjoying the festivities?"
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:12 pm

Panemore wrote:
Deblar wrote:Benjamin Fowler, the president of Delbar, arrived at the palace. He look around the ballroom, which was presumably filled with NPC guests. "Seems like a lively crowd.", he said, in a moderate Jamaican accent. He walked through the ballroom on his way to the refreshments table when someone tapped him on his shoulder. Instinctively, he turned around, seeing one of the nobles.

"Hello.", the noble spoke to him. "It's a pleasure having the president of Deblar visiting our humble kingdom."

"The pleasure's all mine.", said Benjamin, shaking the nobles' hand. "Wonderful palace you have here."

"It's truly a marvel of Nicastian architecture.", the noble said

"Well, I was just on my way to the refreshments table, so..."

"Oh, of course. Carry on."

With that, Benjamin walked away from the noble and towards the refreshments table. Once he got there, he grabbed a plate and was about to fill it when a lady sitting by a large window caught his eye. He looked for a second, then turned his attention back on the refreshments, which was always his favorite part of these kinds of events.

"Focus..", Benjamin said quietly to himself. "You're here on diplomatic terms..."

Diana noticed a man looking at her for a couple of seconds and then grabbing food and returning to the party, likely not realizing she saw him. She walked after him, figuring she might as well talk to someone. Sitting alone in front of a window was admittedly getting a bit boring. "Salutations, Mr. President, I am Baroness Diana Delane of Panemore. I trust you're enjoying the festivities?"


"Hm?" Benjamin said, a bit oblivious. He turned, seeing Diana. "Oh, yes, this is quite the party."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:17 pm

Deblar wrote:
Panemore wrote:Diana noticed a man looking at her for a couple of seconds and then grabbing food and returning to the party, likely not realizing she saw him. She walked after him, figuring she might as well talk to someone. Sitting alone in front of a window was admittedly getting a bit boring. "Salutations, Mr. President, I am Baroness Diana Delane of Panemore. I trust you're enjoying the festivities?"


"Hm?" Benjamin said, a bit oblivious. He turned, seeing Diana. "Oh, yes, this is quite the party."

"I'd rather be sleeping than attending bureaucratic parties, but I have to be here to show solidarity. All of this self-congrarulatory government stuff makes me want to throw up."

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:27 pm

Panemore wrote:
Deblar wrote:
"Hm?" Benjamin said, a bit oblivious. He turned, seeing Diana. "Oh, yes, this is quite the party."

"I'd rather be sleeping than attending bureaucratic parties, but I have to be here to show solidarity. All of this self-congrarulatory government stuff makes me want to throw up."


"Yeah, these kind of events aren't exactly appealing to everybody. Hell, the only reason I'm here is because my Secretary of State's on maternity leave."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:28 pm

Deblar wrote:
Panemore wrote:"I'd rather be sleeping than attending bureaucratic parties, but I have to be here to show solidarity. All of this self-congrarulatory government stuff makes me want to throw up."


"Yeah, these kind of events aren't exactly appealing to everybody. Hell, the only reason I'm here is because my Secretary of State's on maternity leave."

Diana laughed. "You wanna ditch it?" She whispered in his ear, smiling for the first time since she arrived at the palace.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:35 pm

Panemore wrote:
Deblar wrote:
"Yeah, these kind of events aren't exactly appealing to everybody. Hell, the only reason I'm here is because my Secretary of State's on maternity leave."

Diana laughed. "You wanna ditch it?" She whispered in his ear, smiling for the first time since she arrived at the palace.


"As much as I want to, we should probably stay a while. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure leaving in the middle of this thing would look a bit suspicious."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Deblar wrote:
Panemore wrote:Diana laughed. "You wanna ditch it?" She whispered in his ear, smiling for the first time since she arrived at the palace.


"As much as I want to, we should probably stay a while. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure leaving in the middle of this thing would look a bit suspicious."

Diana smirked. "I lived here growing up, I know there's probably still a creek somewhere near here. How about when the party dies down, you and I head over there and talk. Have some non-government time, you know?"
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:12 pm

Panemore wrote:
Deblar wrote:
"As much as I want to, we should probably stay a while. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure leaving in the middle of this thing would look a bit suspicious."

Diana smirked. "I lived here growing up, I know there's probably still a creek somewhere near here. How about when the party dies down, you and I head over there and talk. Have some non-government time, you know?"


After she said that, Benjamin had some, um, thoughts, about what she could've meant. "This better not come back to bite me in the ass later...", he thought to himself. He was about to reply, but then his phone started ringing.

"Hold on, let me take this..."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:14 pm

Deblar wrote:
Panemore wrote:Diana smirked. "I lived here growing up, I know there's probably still a creek somewhere near here. How about when the party dies down, you and I head over there and talk. Have some non-government time, you know?"


After she said that, Benjamin had some, um, thoughts, about what she could've meant. "This better not come back to bite me in the ass later...", he thought to himself. He was about to reply, but then his phone started ringing.

"Hold on, let me take this..."

She smiled with her full set of teeth showing as he took the call. She finally had company to actually look forward to at this stupid aristocratic event.
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Benjamin answered his phone.

"This is President Fowler."
On the other side of the phone was Vincent Smith, Deblar's Vice President, who was taking care of domestic presidential duties in Benjamin's absence, as he requested of him.

"Yes, Mr. President. Um, the Secretary of Defense wants to speak with you.", Vince says

"Yeah, well tell him i'm busy, and that whatever the problem is he can speak to you about it."

"He says it's urgent."

"How urgent?"

"I don't know, all I know is he's trying to talk to you."

"Alright, tell him i'll talk to him when I can."

Benjamin then hangs up the phone.
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:26 pm

Deblar wrote:Benjamin answered his phone.

"This is President Fowler."
On the other side of the phone was Vincent Smith, Deblar's Vice President, who was taking care of domestic presidential duties in Benjamin's absence, as he requested of him.

"Yes, Mr. President. Um, the Secretary of Defense wants to speak with you.", Vince says

"Yeah, well tell him i'm busy, and that whatever the problem is he can speak to you about it."

"He says it's urgent."

"How urgent?"

"I don't know, all I know is he's trying to talk to you."

"Alright, tell him i'll talk to him when I can."

Benjamin then hangs up the phone.

"Was that your secretary or something?"

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:28 pm

Panemore wrote:
Deblar wrote:Benjamin answered his phone.

"This is President Fowler."
On the other side of the phone was Vincent Smith, Deblar's Vice President, who was taking care of domestic presidential duties in Benjamin's absence, as he requested of him.

"Yes, Mr. President. Um, the Secretary of Defense wants to speak with you.", Vince says

"Yeah, well tell him i'm busy, and that whatever the problem is he can speak to you about it."

"He says it's urgent."

"How urgent?"

"I don't know, all I know is he's trying to talk to you."

"Alright, tell him i'll talk to him when I can."

Benjamin then hangs up the phone.

"Was that your secretary or something?"


"That was my partner, the Vice President. Something about the Secretary of Defense wanting to talk to me about something."
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:29 pm

Deblar wrote:
Panemore wrote:"Was that your secretary or something?"


"That was my partner, the Vice President. Something about the Secretary of Defense wanting to talk to me about something."

"Will you need to leave?"
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:47 pm

Benjamin then takes his phone and calls Vince. After a few seconds, he answers.

"Hello?", Vince says

"Get me through to the Secretary of Defense."

"Uh, yes, Mr. President."

Vince then gets Benjamin through to the Secretary of Defense, Michael Fredrickson.

"Hello, Mr. President. I've been trying to contact you.", says Michael

"C'mon, Michael, you know i'm in Nicastia right now."

"Yes, I know, but it's urgent."

"Well, what is it?"

"Some of the populists are threatening violence if the presidential candidate they support doesn't win the upcoming elections."

"Those aren't for another year or so. And why would they do that? That would mean they are shunning democracy altogether."

"Well, we need to react, and quickly."

"Okay, tell the intelligence agency to supervise the leaders of this potential violent uprising. I will call back when I am in more of a less busy setting."

Benjamin then hangs up the phone.
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:18 pm

Deblar wrote:Benjamin then takes his phone and calls Vince. After a few seconds, he answers.

"Hello?", Vince says

"Get me through to the Secretary of Defense."

"Uh, yes, Mr. President."

Vince then gets Benjamin through to the Secretary of Defense, Michael Fredrickson.

"Hello, Mr. President. I've been trying to contact you.", says Michael

"C'mon, Michael, you know i'm in Nicastia right now."

"Yes, I know, but it's urgent."

"Well, what is it?"

"Some of the populists are threatening violence if the presidential candidate they support doesn't win the upcoming elections."

"Those aren't for another year or so. And why would they do that? That would mean they are shunning democracy altogether."

"Well, we need to react, and quickly."

"Okay, tell the intelligence agency to supervise the leaders of this potential violent uprising. I will call back when I am in more of a less busy setting."

Benjamin then hangs up the phone.

"I'll meet you at the creek, Mr President." Says Diana, smiling and leaving the building.
Last edited by Panemore on Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nicastia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicastia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:36 pm

Joséphine Mashen, a small middle aged woman with black hair cut into a stylish bob popular among the Sonatese upper class, glanced towards President Fowler of Deblar speaking with the Dowager Baroness. As Minister of State, the chief advisor on the King’s Cabinet and head of government she had made it her business to know the names of everyone on the guest list, both those domestically grown and those from abroad. Marshen, wearing a rose pink fit-and-flare dress coat looked up to King Henry II.

“It appears that President Fowler and Baroness Delane are getting along nicely.”

King subtly looked over to them, before returning his attention back to the Duke of Sonaland, an in-law of his, who he welcomed politely. He turned to Mashen as they watched the baroness leave the building.

“Social reclusivity is not what I would have expected from the President of Debler. The baroness perhaps.”

“I shall have one of the footmen check on the baroness.”

“If you think that’s is best Madam Minister.”

The Minister of State nodded her head, falling into a shallow curtsy. Retreating from the King’s side, she made her way to one of the palace footmen, giving him polite instructions. The footman nodded his head in understanding and made his way out of the palace after the baroness, trailing after her.

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:15 pm

Nicastia wrote:Joséphine Mashen, a small middle aged woman with black hair cut into a stylish bob popular among the Sonatese upper class, glanced towards President Fowler of Deblar speaking with the Dowager Baroness. As Minister of State, the chief advisor on the King’s Cabinet and head of government she had made it her business to know the names of everyone on the guest list, both those domestically grown and those from abroad. Marshen, wearing a rose pink fit-and-flare dress coat looked up to King Henry II.

“It appears that President Fowler and Baroness Delane are getting along nicely.”

King subtly looked over to them, before returning his attention back to the Duke of Sonaland, an in-law of his, who he welcomed politely. He turned to Mashen as they watched the baroness leave the building.

“Social reclusivity is not what I would have expected from the President of Debler. The baroness perhaps.”

“I shall have one of the footmen check on the baroness.”

“If you think that’s is best Madam Minister.”

The Minister of State nodded her head, falling into a shallow curtsy. Retreating from the King’s side, she made her way to one of the palace footmen, giving him polite instructions. The footman nodded his head in understanding and made his way out of the palace after the baroness, trailing after her.

Diana removed her shoes as she sat on a log next to the creek. She had an uneasy feeling, like someone was watching her. She dismissed it as an animal and continued waiting for the president.

User avatar
Nicastia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 56
Founded: Jan 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicastia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:41 am

Panemore wrote:
Nicastia wrote:Joséphine Mashen, a small middle aged woman with black hair cut into a stylish bob popular among the Sonatese upper class, glanced towards President Fowler of Deblar speaking with the Dowager Baroness. As Minister of State, the chief advisor on the King’s Cabinet and head of government she had made it her business to know the names of everyone on the guest list, both those domestically grown and those from abroad. Marshen, wearing a rose pink fit-and-flare dress coat looked up to King Henry II.

“It appears that President Fowler and Baroness Delane are getting along nicely.”

King subtly looked over to them, before returning his attention back to the Duke of Sonaland, an in-law of his, who he welcomed politely. He turned to Mashen as they watched the baroness leave the building.

“Social reclusivity is not what I would have expected from the President of Debler. The baroness perhaps.”

“I shall have one of the footmen check on the baroness.”

“If you think that’s is best Madam Minister.”

The Minister of State nodded her head, falling into a shallow curtsy. Retreating from the King’s side, she made her way to one of the palace footmen, giving him polite instructions. The footman nodded his head in understanding and made his way out of the palace after the baroness, trailing after her.

Diana removed her shoes as she sat on a log next to the creek. She had an uneasy feeling, like someone was watching her. She dismissed it as an animal and continued waiting for the president.


The palace footman sent after the baroness, stepped carefully through the wooden areas surrounding the Leyeborne Palace. The oasis of nature, both the more natural kind such as the evergreen trees and the more manicured gardens of imported perennial flowers had been cultivated over the previous two centuries with great care and skill. The modern iteration of the grounds were masterminded by Queen Félicite, the current queen, who had abandoned the former strict management popular under Queen Eugenia II for a more whimsical style.

The footman, dressed in the red and black tailcoats and waistcoat of a uniform for the royal servants, spotted the baroness sitting perched on a log. He approached her hesitantly, before he stopped a few feet away.

“My lady, is, are you doing well?”

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:54 am

Nicastia wrote:
Panemore wrote: Diana removed her shoes as she sat on a log next to the creek. She had an uneasy feeling, like someone was watching her. She dismissed it as an animal and continued waiting for the president.


The palace footman sent after the baroness, stepped carefully through the wooden areas surrounding the Leyeborne Palace. The oasis of nature, both the more natural kind such as the evergreen trees and the more manicured gardens of imported perennial flowers had been cultivated over the previous two centuries with great care and skill. The modern iteration of the grounds were masterminded by Queen Félicite, the current queen, who had abandoned the former strict management popular under Queen Eugenia II for a more whimsical style.

The footman, dressed in the red and black tailcoats and waistcoat of a uniform for the royal servants, spotted the baroness sitting perched on a log. He approached her hesitantly, before he stopped a few feet away.

“My lady, is, are you doing well?”

She jumped slightly before realizing it was just a footman. "Before you came here, yes."

User avatar
Deblar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 565
Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Deblar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:21 pm

After meeting and greeting other world leaders attending the celebration, Benjamin decided it was time to head outside and meet the Baroness. He was about to make his way outside when he noticed a display of the flags of the countries that sent various representatives. Among them, he noticed the flag of his own country, Deblar. He saluted his flag, then made his way into the pavilion near the exit.

Upon entering the pavilion, he notices cameras and news reporters set up to the side. "Ah, the press. Wonderful.", he thought, with a mix of sincerity and sarcasm. Soon, the press notices him and start taking numerous pictures. Benjamin smiles and waves politely at them, then continues to make his way to the exit. The reporters begin rapidly asking questions, but he largely ignores them. He had been in this situation countless times, and he knew that sometimes to deal with the press, you have to pretend they don't exist. As he stepped outside, he took a deep breath, adjusted his tie, and looked around for the Baroness.

"Where's that creek she spoke of...", Benjamin said quietly to himself.
R.I P. Prince Phillip
1921-2021

R.I.P. DMX
1970-2021

RIP Michael Collins
1930-2021
This post is certified and approved by the Republic of Deblar
President: Benjamin Fowler
Vice President: Vincent Smith
Republic of Deblar
EST. 1889
Member of:
International Free Trade Coalition
Global Socialist Defense Pact
International Consortium of Democratic Nations

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:28 pm

Deblar wrote:After meeting and greeting other world leaders attending the celebration, Benjamin decided it was time to head outside and meet the Baroness. He was about to make his way outside when he noticed a display of the flags of the countries that sent various representatives. Among them, he noticed the flag of his own country, Deblar. He saluted his flag, then made his way into the pavilion near the exit.

Upon entering the pavilion, he notices cameras and news reporters set up to the side. "Ah, the press. Wonderful.", he thought, with a mix of sincerity and sarcasm. Soon, the press notices him and start taking numerous pictures. Benjamin smiles and waves politely at them, then continues to make his way to the exit. The reporters begin rapidly asking questions, but he largely ignores them. He had been in this situation countless times, and he knew that sometimes to deal with the press, you have to pretend they don't exist. As he stepped outside, he took a deep breath, adjusted his tie, and looked around for the Baroness.

"Where's that creek she spoke of...", Benjamin said quietly to himself.

Diana noticed the president looking around for her. "If you'll excuse me Mr. footman, I'm expecting a friend." She made a loud screaming sound at the president, alerting him of her presence.
Last edited by Panemore on Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kevoria, The East African Commonwealth, Xiaodong

Advertisement

Remove ads