NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flaming

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Jocospor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 975
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[R] Flaming

Postby Jocospor » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:58 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
The Yeetusa wrote:EDIT: I thought you were one of the "CCD fascist raid them and their embassies" people, but apparently you're not. I shall leave now.


I mean, I kinda am, on top of having a half dozen other reasons to raid you, and having planned embassy raids against you in the past. I just sympathize with Syl too, and am glad to call your waste of the help of other [sic.] stupid.


Possibly actionable? In CCD GP t
thread. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=460511&start=3025
Last edited by Jocospor on Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE


The Shadow Cult is rising...

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 29417
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 am

I think "other" is supposed to be "others", and it should be read that EWS is saying The Yeetusa not taking advantage of the help offered by Syl and others is stupid, rather than that The Yeetusa or anyone else is stupid.

That's the old distinction between calling someone an idiot (flame) or describing their actions as idiotic (not a flame).

EDIT: I'm aware I've been involved in some of the discussions around this, so please feel free to ask for a second opinion on this if you disagree.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CoraSpia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10647
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:42 pm

Same gameplay saga, so I'll add this here. Possible flamebait?

viewtopic.php?p=38270631#p38270631
GVH has a puppet. He uses it to post in regions and on the forums. The identity of this puppet will forever remain a mystery.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 108878
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:56 pm

CoraSpia wrote:Same gameplay saga, so I'll add this here. Possible flamebait?

viewtopic.php?p=38270631#p38270631

Not really, no.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Jocospor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 975
Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:12 pm

Sedgistan wrote:I think "other" is supposed to be "others", and it should be read that EWS is saying The Yeetusa not taking advantage of the help offered by Syl and others is stupid, rather than that The Yeetusa or anyone else is stupid.

That's the old distinction between calling someone an idiot (flame) or describing their actions as idiotic (not a flame).

EDIT: I'm aware I've been involved in some of the discussions around this, so please feel free to ask for a second opinion on this if you disagree.

Right right. No, no, perfectly fine Sedge, no second opinion needed :lol:
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE


The Shadow Cult is rising...

User avatar
CoraSpia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10647
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:25 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:Same gameplay saga, so I'll add this here. Possible flamebait?

viewtopic.php?p=38270631#p38270631

Not really, no.

Really? I thought since I've reported a player for accusing another of being on drugs before and it was actionable, that there was a general prohibition on that (if you read the post, you'll see clearly that there was an accusation that Uni was drunk.)

Second opinion/gameplay-experienced mod please
GVH has a puppet. He uses it to post in regions and on the forums. The identity of this puppet will forever remain a mystery.

User avatar
Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator
 
Posts: 34284
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Katganistan » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:35 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:Not really, no.

Really? I thought since I've reported a player for accusing another of being on drugs before and it was actionable, that there was a general prohibition on that (if you read the post, you'll see clearly that there was an accusation that Uni was drunk.)

Second opinion/gameplay-experienced mod please

I don't see it as being actionable either.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bhang Bhang Duc, Wormfodder Delivery

Advertisement

Remove ads