NATION

PASSWORD

[SCRAPPED] Museum or Mothball?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Dominos Pizza Restaurant
Secretary

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

[SCRAPPED] Museum or Mothball?

Postby Dominos Pizza Restaurant » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:41 am

Polished up this issue idea I've had a while back. Just let me know if when there's any issues.

Draft 1:
Title: Museum or Mothball?

Prerequisites: Must have an above average military

Issue: Following the decommissioning of an old battleship, officials are debating what to do with the vessel.

Option 1: “This is a perfect opportunity!” shouts out @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of your Tourism Ministers. “How about we turn this slice of history into an attraction! Think about it- a giant roller coaster that surrounds the entire boat! It’ll bring all the @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ to us!”
Effect: Nothing says military superiority like carnival games and theme park rides.

Option 2: “That’s ridiculous.” replies @@RANDOMNAME_2@@, a representative from an allied nation, “We’ve been edging to get our hands on one of these for years. Why don’t you sell it to us instead? And… maybe anything else you don't want as well?”
Effect: The @@NAME@@ military auctions off anything that wasn’t produced this week.

Option 3: “What, so they can use it against us one day?” interjects @@RANDOMNAME_3@@, renowned economist and penny-pincher, “We’ll get the most benefit from scrapping this old hunk o’ junk. It’s about time we get something useful out of these @@CURRENCY@@-vacuums.”
Effect: @@NAME@@ is now faced with an abundance of scrap metal.

Option 4: “Why has she been decommissioned in the first place?” asks @@RANDOMNAME_4@@, a top general in the Navy, “You never know. What if we're suddenly down a vessel? I say we keep it in reserve until we need it. After all, isn't age just some silly number?”
Effect: The most expensive ships in @@NAME@@ are those that don’t leave the port.

Scrapped, ironically.
Last edited by Dominos Pizza Restaurant on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suriyanakhon wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:Ah yes, our primate cousins the bonobos, where conflicts with outsiders are solved by having sex with them then cuddling.

That would be... an interesting solution to international diplomacy. Trump x Khamenei when?

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Wexas wrote:What's your Etsy? I need this in my life.

B O W D O W N T O T H E G E O R G E .

Neanderthaland wrote:

Is it bad that I kinda want one?

The Blaatschapen wrote:I would be committing fraud. I do not have a soul, so I cannot sell it.
And committing fraud for a 50 pound gain, meh. Not doing it.

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 pm

I am afraid this might be too similar to an existing issue.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Dominos Pizza Restaurant
Secretary

Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominos Pizza Restaurant » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:16 pm

Ah, didn't see that. I'll put some other ideas up.
Suriyanakhon wrote:
Nilokeras wrote:Ah yes, our primate cousins the bonobos, where conflicts with outsiders are solved by having sex with them then cuddling.

That would be... an interesting solution to international diplomacy. Trump x Khamenei when?

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:
Wexas wrote:What's your Etsy? I need this in my life.

B O W D O W N T O T H E G E O R G E .

Neanderthaland wrote:

Is it bad that I kinda want one?

The Blaatschapen wrote:I would be committing fraud. I do not have a soul, so I cannot sell it.
And committing fraud for a 50 pound gain, meh. Not doing it.

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:54 pm

No worries. It is always advisable to check out the Spoiler Alert thread first and search for some potential keywords before writing an issue. If unsure, you can visit Writer's Block to pitch your issue idea and ask people if they know of an existing issue that covers the same ground. I hope this helps!
Last edited by Frieden-und Freudenland on Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Return to Got Issues?