NATION

PASSWORD

[Passed] Right to Assemble [GAR 27 replacement]

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:45 pm

"Ah! Very good, ambassador! It appears that one of our aids spilled orange soda on it before its copies were sent to the main office! I'll report this to them immediately."

OOC: I swear I read through that and didn't see it. Ah gosh I shouldn't be allowed to read anything in the morning. :blush:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Scalizagasti
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scalizagasti » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:10 pm

The United Regions Alliance recommends voting for this resolution. During internal voting, 14 regions voted in favour, none voted in opposition, and 1 abstained.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1504256
Scalizagasti | iiwiki page | he/him

URA WA Affairs Department Head
Senator in Mariner Trench
Former President of The Great Experiment

Don't let them tell you it can't be done - Jack Layton

Pchelionia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Against

Postby Pchelionia » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:20 am

While the right to assemble is a great one, ensuring the safety of the individuals targeted by such advocacy is the individuals’ job, not the government’s.
Vote AGAINST “Right to Assemble”.

Laraounte
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Laraounte » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:32 am

Readout of Statement by the Foreign Minister of Laraounte:
"The Great State of Laraounte as a new member of the World Assembly wishes to urge a vote "FOR" the Right to Assemble. Shewing certainty in our commitment to a fundamental tenant of human and democratic rights. Protesters' rights are human rights."

Rhino-Lions
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhino-Lions » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:08 am

The right to protest is fundamental to human rights and am fully supportive of this legislation in order to preserve freedom and promote positive discourse.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:02 am

Right to Assemble was passed 12,301 votes to 3,191.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Ambassador from Texekentuck Federation

Postby Texkentuck » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:31 am

In surprisingly walks General William Walt VonVorkinKophfburg of Texkentuck State security. The president Bram W. Schirkophf will not be attending future meetings here at this world assembly. As the ambassador I'm here to state that the parliment of Texkentuck will not join this assembly until their is something economically powerful for our nation that is passed and with in the laws of our WA. We will not join until most what has been passed is fair for all nations. I'm here today to state that our Parliament and great President in high royal standing notices that this is a proposal for the reasons of civil rights. Texkentuck is thankful to not be in accord with this assembly. We ask one thing is what is the purpose and goal of this proposal passing? Has loop holes been closed off from fake information from foreign governments?! Is this proposal strictly about the advancement of democracy?! If not so then please vote against..........................

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives