NATION

PASSWORD

Fire and Ice: A Nuclear Apocalypse (RP): Signup

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Hellslayer
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2017
Corporate Police State

Fire and Ice: A Nuclear Apocalypse (RP): Signup

Postby Hellslayer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:58 am

The year is 2070. New powers are rising. The old cling to their status desperately. And a new age is dawning...

Nuclear winter. The world is a ruined wasteland, and no country has escaped entirely unscathed. The trade war between China and the US escalated into a full-scale conflict. More and more countries joined, forced to choose between the titanic superpowers. Europe was torn apart, turned on each other, destroying the European Union and laying NATO to waste. Africa and the Middle East were devastated by conflict, puppeted and forced to fight on behalf of the behemoths of China and America. But slowly, inch by bloody inch, the US was pushed back and back, until finally the Chinese were at the door of the States. Fearing defeat, and the invasion of their homeland, the US launched nuclear warheads at the Chinese capital of Beijing. The Chinese, shocked by this blatant violation the Geneva Convention, fired back. Each side, including the other nuclear powers, bombed the others until finally the dust settled and no country remained with the capacity to continue the war.

Years later, survivors start to emerge from the bunkers that they had survived the war in. Will they continue the legacy of war or find peace at last?

OOC:
Write a small extract about the country you have chosen to play under this format:
Leader:
Recent/alternate history (Approx. 200 words):

I will play any neutral factions.
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.”

To understand this nation, I recommend this dispatch by the National Library of Hellslayer

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:33 am

Interesting.

What's the global situation like - overall population, technology level? Was there a climatic/environmental shift, like nuclear winter? Is this a more realistic approach to the nuclear post-apocalypse, or will we have Fallout-levels of fantasy with green nuclear waste and mutant beasts?
Last edited by Plzen on Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hellslayer
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 26, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Hellslayer » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:06 am

Plzen wrote:Interesting.

What's the global situation like - overall population, technology level? Was there a climatic/environmental shift, like nuclear winter? Is this a more realistic approach to the nuclear post-apocalypse, or will we have Fallout-levels of fantasy with green nuclear waste and mutant beasts?

I was planning a more realistic approach to a nuclear winter, where I might simulate events. Technology would be about today's although slightly less effective, as much of it is destroyed and not in production any more. The countries will still have a decent amount of people in safe zones or bunkers, in order to allow it to work properly as a country RP - say about 10 000? I'm open to suggestions.
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.”

To understand this nation, I recommend this dispatch by the National Library of Hellslayer

Onfande
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Onfande » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:42 pm

/tag

Reminds me of an older RP I was in.
[put something here eventually]

Return to Portal to the Multiverse