NATION

PASSWORD

China posts sick image mocking ADF

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
Glorious Hong Kong
Diplomat
 
Posts: 911
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

China posts sick image mocking ADF

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:11 am

Australia demands China apologise for posting 'repugnant' fake image

Australia has demanded China apologise for posting a fake picture on a government Twitter account that depicted an Australian soldier murdering an Afghan child.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Beijing should be "utterly ashamed" for sharing the "repugnant" image.

It comes amid escalating political tensions between the two countries.

The image referred to alleged war crimes by Australian soldiers - murders of Afghan civilians and prisoners.

Warning: This story contains an image some people might find distressing.

Earlier this month, a report found "credible information" that 25 Australian soldiers were involved in the murders of 39 Afghan civilians and prisoners between 2009 and 2013.

The findings from the Australian Defence Force (ADF) inquiry sparked widespread condemnation, and are now being investigated by police.

Australia to sack troops over Afghan killings

What exactly did China put online?

On Monday, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Lijian Zhao posted a fabricated image which portrayed an Australian soldier with a bloody knife next to a child. The child is seen holding a lamb.

The image appears to be a reference to previously reported allegations that elite Australian soldiers used knives to murder two 14-year-old Afghan boys. The Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported the ADF report did not substantiate those allegations.
In a fake image, an Australian solider is seen murdering a child who is holding a lambimage copyrightTwitter
image captionChinese official Lijian Zhao posted the fake image on Monday

However it did find "credible evidence" of unlawful killings and a "warrior culture" within elite units. The allegations included that junior soldiers were encouraged to shoot prisoners for their first kill.

Mr Zhao's tweet said: "Shocked by murder of Afghan civilians & prisoners by Australian soldiers. We strongly condemn such acts, and call for holding them accountable."
How did Australia respond?

Australia has requested Twitter remove the post from its platform, describing it as "disinformation". Mr Morrison described the post as "truly repugnant, deeply offensive, utterly outrageous".

"The Chinese government should be totally ashamed of this post. It diminishes them in the world's eyes," he said. "It is a false image and terrible slur on our defence forces."

He added that Australia had established a transparent process to investigate the alleged war crimes, as was expected of a "democratic, liberal" country.

Mr Morrison went on to acknowledge that there are "undoubtedly" tensions between the two nations, but said: "This is not how you deal with it."

He warned Beijing that other countries around the world were watching its actions towards Australia.
media captionAustralia and China are big trading partners but have disagreed on a number of important political issues
Presentational grey line
Analysis box by Shaimaa Khalil, Australia correspondent

This is a new low in an already very tense relationship between the two key trading partners. Last week, Mr Zhao said the war crimes' report "fully exposed the hypocrisy of the human rights and freedom these Western countries are always chanting".

But his tweet shocked Scott Morrison into his most undiplomatic language yet.

It's another indication of how bad things have become between Canberra and Beijing. The Australian prime minister acknowledged that the two countries have had their problems but this tweet, he said, had gone too far.

This comes at a very sensitive time for Australia. The country and its military are reeling from the findings of the war crimes inquiry - 19 Special Air Service (SAS) troops could face prosecution for the murders.

For China to use this against Australia is one thing, but a senior Chinese official doing so accompanied by a fake inflammatory image has clearly pushed the Morrison government over the edge.

Australian exporters are on tenterhooks about what other tariffs they can expect from China amid the escalating spat. There's a lot at stake here: crucial diplomatic relations and billions of dollars' worth of trade. Both sides know that but it seems that only Australia, despite its fury, is still willing to extend a hand.

It's worth noting that in his angry comments today, Mr Morrison still left room for diplomatic manoeuvre. "Despite this terribly offensive post today, I would ask again and call on China to re-engage in that dialogue," he said, adding that he hoped this "awful" event would lead to a type of "reset".

But China is unrepentant. Foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said: "It's not China which should be ashamed, but Australia."

The year when Australia and China hit 'lowest ebb'

Presentational grey line
Why are China-Australia relations so bad?

Bilateral relations between the two countries have rapidly deteriorated this year after Australia led calls for an investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic, and ongoing discussion about Beijing's alleged interference in Australian affairs.

In recent months, China has imposed a series of economic blows - including trade stoppages and tariffs - on about a dozen Australian imports including wine, barley and beef.

Australia has described China's actions as "economic coercion".

Earlier this month, China's embassy in Australia circulated a list to local media outlining 14 policy areas where it said Australia had acted in a way that aggravated relations.

How reliant is Australia on China?
China puts up to 200% tariffs on Australian wine

These included Australia's decision to block Chinese investment projects, ban Chinese tech firm Huawei from its 5G tender, and "incessant wanton interference in China's Xinjiang, Hong Kong and Taiwan affairs".

Australia has said it will not change its policy positions.

On Monday, Mr Morrison confirmed that Australia's requests for meetings with senior Chinese ministers continued to be rebuffed.


Scott Morrison is one pissed fella and rightly so. Australia, for the record, puts its own soldiers on trial on war crimes charges. China doesn't. The only hypocrisy involves China interfering in the internal affairs of other countries while expecting other countries not to interfere in its own "internal" affairs. China's trade war on Australia, its threats and intimidation of Australian nationals residing in China, particularly Australian journalists, and now, this disgusting tweet, all started because Australia had the temerity to call for an independent investigation into the origins of the coronavirus pandemic. China is behaving absolutely vindictively over a minor, perceived slight that wasn't even an insult, but a reasonable request. Zhao Lijian is one absolutely sick, twisted piece of shit, and he is being defended rather than fired for his vile, undiplomatic tweet. The CCP stands with a literal sociopath.

Shame, a core component of traditional Chinese culture, doesn't seem to register in the minds of these Chinese, absolutist, communists who continue to govern China through fear. Instead of apologizing for their bullshit, they constantly demand others apologize to them and frame themselves as perpetual victims of evil whitey racist imperialists who can do absolutely no wrong while behaving exactly as their historic oppressors have done in the past. Expect them to implement further trade tariffs and make life even more difficult for Australian expats in China in response to Canberra's audacity to so much as demand an apology for something that China did or said. Aussies and Kiwis were supposed to lie down and roll over like puppies instead of, you know, asking serious questions and standing up for themselves. That's what we're dealing with.

I stand shoulder to shoulder with Australia and the Western world. CCP delenda est.

Why Scott Morrison continues to hold out hope for a "reset" in relations with a regime that has absolutely nothing in common with a liberal democracy such as Australia, I have no idea. Morrison has yet to comprehend true evil in all its horror. And why the hell does Twitter continue to host Chinese-based accounts when Twitter is effectively banned in China? Zhao Lijian and all of these Chinese accounts should be taken down post-haste until China opens up politically.

So NSGers, what actions should be taken by Australia and Twitter going forward in response to this escalating BS from China?

I think a total severing of diplomatic and trade ties is in order on Australia's part. Australian nationals should be evacuated from China ASAP. Best to fully deprive China of any remaining means to blackmail and bully Australia into submission. Total economic decoupling should be on the table.

Zhao Lijian and all these Chinese accounts should be banned from Twitter for as long as Twitter is banned and censored in China while special exemptions are made for Zhao, Hua Chunying, and other assorted wumaos (paid 50-cent, online trolls). Twitter can do this instead of going after right-wing and conservative commentators in liberal democracies where the platform isn't banned and selling its principles down the gutter like the unprincipled, corporate, neoliberal hypocrites that they clearly are.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
The case against communism (Dispatch) [WIP]

User avatar
An Alan Smithee Nation
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6647
Founded: Apr 18, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:45 am

For balance, because the OP sure as shit isn't, this is what the Australian Special Forces are alleged to have been up to in Afghanistan:

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-austr ... KKBN27Y32N

Australian special forces allegedly killed 39 unarmed prisoners and civilians in Afghanistan, with senior commandos reportedly forcing junior soldiers to kill defenceless captives in order to “blood” them for combat, a four year investigation found.
Everything is intertwinkled

User avatar
Picairn
Minister
 
Posts: 2699
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Picairn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:49 am

Yay, new China thread! How many of these threads have been created so far?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Albrenia wrote:With great power comes great mockability.

Salus Maior wrote:Nothing we say here actually matters.

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite
Center-left liberal, or "neoliberal scum"
according to the far-left and far-right.
Listen here Jack, we're going to destroy malarkey.

♔ The Empire of Picairn ♔
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
✵ Best DNC shill, Clinton bot, and Soros puppet of 2020. All Hail Biden! ✵

User avatar
Nilokeras
Diplomat
 
Posts: 572
Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Nilokeras » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 am

Troll country continues to troll. In other news, the Pope is Catholic, Australian soldiers murder civilians, and Cato the Malaysian continues to occupy the rostra.

User avatar
Willtime
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Willtime » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:03 am

What time will Australia annex Afghan?
When Afghan become a part of Australia,everyone will know that these are Australia's internal affairs.

User avatar
United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 148
Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby United Chinese Communes » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:18 am

|★ ☭ ★ United Chinese Communes ★ ☭ ★|
The East is Red!

User avatar
Sungoldy-China
Attaché
 
Posts: 88
Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sungoldy-China » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 am

first it is not a a fake Image , it should be a called Caricature ,no one ask for a real Caricature.

This caricature is actually restricted by China’s social media Weibo but with the help of the Australian Prime Minister, Weibo had to let everyone know it.

Australia followed the United States into Afghanistan like a prostitute, so be prepared to be ridiculed.
every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind
"every religious idea and every idea of God is unutterable vileness ... of the most dangerous kind, 'contagion' of the most abominable kind. Millions of sins, filthy deeds, acts of violence and physical contagions ... are far less dangerous than the subtle, spiritual idea of God decked out in the smartest ideological costumes ..."

User avatar
Radiatia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8025
Founded: Oct 25, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Radiatia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 am

Australia and New Zealand really need to wake the fuck up and realise that China are not our friends, they are in fact the most dangerous enemy we have ever faced. It's only a matter of time before China gets tired of playing games and just invades outright.
Last edited by Radiatia on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14115
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:23 am

Sungoldy-China wrote:Australia followed the United States into Afghanistan like a prostitute, so be prepared to be ridiculed.


If China had a problem with that why didn't they start treating us like shit NINETEEN YEARS AGO?

It's because Australia was among the first calling for an independent investigation of the Covid-19 virus and its origins.

China is making A BIG FUCKING DEAL out of the origins of the virus.
That fact does not escape the attention of everyone outside China. :eyebrow:

Maybe the CCP can't imagine virologists and epidemiologists being objective. "We have nothing to hide, but they don't take our word for it, therefore it must be a witch-hunt!"

Go on then. Show us how much you resent and distrust international investigation.
Don't think your overbearing attitude will be mistaken for anything but fear.
The CCP is afraid of the one thing it cannot control: the truth.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Shanghai industrial complex
Minister
 
Posts: 2682
Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:45 am

What's the best thing about the whole thing?This was originally a cartoon reprinted by Zhao's personal twitter, and only about 10000 people read it. But because of this gentleman, the whole world is paying attention to what Australia had doing in Afghanistan
https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+Army+Afghanistan&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALeKk03kgSKVQ1CQIkVgkI64v_m1z2gnIg:1606819469875&ei=jR7GX52CNcLR-Qbiqq64Cw&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwjd_OD9zKztAhXCaN4KHWKVC7c4FBDy0wMIhQE&biw=1920&bih=977&dpr=1
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg
And we give it back to you...the people!

User avatar
The Northern Chinese Republic
Attaché
 
Posts: 78
Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:50 am

This is a big snooze....

War crimes are worse than some tweet, but it's very typical behavior on all sides.

There is nothing new under the sun.

User avatar
Picairn
Minister
 
Posts: 2699
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Picairn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:51 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:What's the best thing about the whole thing?This was originally a cartoon reprinted by Zhao's personal twitter, and only about 10000 people read it. But because of this gentleman, the whole world is paying attention to what Australia had doing in Afghanistan
https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+Army+Afghanistan&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALeKk03kgSKVQ1CQIkVgkI64v_m1z2gnIg:1606819469875&ei=jR7GX52CNcLR-Qbiqq64Cw&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwjd_OD9zKztAhXCaN4KHWKVC7c4FBDy0wMIhQE&biw=1920&bih=977&dpr=1
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg

Drinking beer from a dead Taliban's prosthetic leg is not a war crime, even if it is disgusting and distasteful. Remember, this is not a civillian's leg, it is the leg of a Taliban soldier.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Albrenia wrote:With great power comes great mockability.

Salus Maior wrote:Nothing we say here actually matters.

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite
Center-left liberal, or "neoliberal scum"
according to the far-left and far-right.
Listen here Jack, we're going to destroy malarkey.

♔ The Empire of Picairn ♔
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
✵ Best DNC shill, Clinton bot, and Soros puppet of 2020. All Hail Biden! ✵

User avatar
The Northern Chinese Republic
Attaché
 
Posts: 78
Founded: Jan 25, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Northern Chinese Republic » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:53 am

Picairn wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:What's the best thing about the whole thing?This was originally a cartoon reprinted by Zhao's personal twitter, and only about 10000 people read it. But because of this gentleman, the whole world is paying attention to what Australia had doing in Afghanistan
https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+Army+Afghanistan&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALeKk03kgSKVQ1CQIkVgkI64v_m1z2gnIg:1606819469875&ei=jR7GX52CNcLR-Qbiqq64Cw&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwjd_OD9zKztAhXCaN4KHWKVC7c4FBDy0wMIhQE&biw=1920&bih=977&dpr=1
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg

Drinking beer from a dead Taliban's prosthetic leg is not a war crime, even if it is disgusting and distasteful. Remember, this is not a civillian's leg, it is the leg of a Taliban soldier.


From the article quoted in the OP:

Earlier this month, a report found "credible information" that 25 Australian soldiers were involved in the murders of 39 Afghan civilians and prisoners between 2009 and 2013.

User avatar
Picairn
Minister
 
Posts: 2699
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Picairn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:55 am

The Northern Chinese Republic wrote:From the article quoted in the OP:

Earlier this month, a report found "credible information" that 25 Australian soldiers were involved in the murders of 39 Afghan civilians and prisoners between 2009 and 2013.

I know that. I was talking about the Guardian article where a picture of Australian special force drinking beer from a dead Taliban's prosthetic leg was revealed.
Last edited by Picairn on Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Albrenia wrote:With great power comes great mockability.

Salus Maior wrote:Nothing we say here actually matters.

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite
Center-left liberal, or "neoliberal scum"
according to the far-left and far-right.
Listen here Jack, we're going to destroy malarkey.

♔ The Empire of Picairn ♔
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
✵ Best DNC shill, Clinton bot, and Soros puppet of 2020. All Hail Biden! ✵

User avatar
Shanghai industrial complex
Minister
 
Posts: 2682
Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:01 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Sungoldy-China wrote:Australia followed the United States into Afghanistan like a prostitute, so be prepared to be ridiculed.


If China had a problem with that why didn't they start treating us like shit NINETEEN YEARS AGO?

It's because Australia was among the first calling for an independent investigation of the Covid-19 virus and its origins.

China is making A BIG FUCKING DEAL out of the origins of the virus.
That fact does not escape the attention of everyone outside China. :eyebrow:

Maybe the CCP can't imagine virologists and epidemiologists being objective. "We have nothing to hide, but they don't take our word for it, therefore it must be a witch-hunt!"

Go on then. Show us how much you resent and distrust international investigation.
Don't think your overbearing attitude will be mistaken for anything but fear.
The CCP is afraid of the one thing it cannot control: the truth.

But I remember that 130 countries, including China, agreed to the who led origin survey, used the European Union's proposal, and refuted Australia's proposal.Why trust Australia, because it is the conscience and impartial judge of the world?
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3096958/who-will-start-its-investigation-coronavirus-origins-wuhan-says
And we give it back to you...the people!

User avatar
Shanghai industrial complex
Minister
 
Posts: 2682
Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:02 am

Picairn wrote:
The Northern Chinese Republic wrote:From the article quoted in the OP:


I know that. I was talking about the Guardian article where a picture of Australian special force drinking beer from a dead Taliban's prosthetic leg was revealed.

So, how to distinguish the Taliban?The last one who would grab someone's prosthetic limb was probably a pirate captain
And we give it back to you...the people!

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14115
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:03 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:What's the best thing about the whole thing?This was originally a cartoon reprinted by Zhao's personal twitter, and only about 10000 people read it. But because of this gentleman, the whole world is paying attention to what Australia had doing in Afghanistan
https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+Army+Afghanistan&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALeKk03kgSKVQ1CQIkVgkI64v_m1z2gnIg:1606819469875&ei=jR7GX52CNcLR-Qbiqq64Cw&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwjd_OD9zKztAhXCaN4KHWKVC7c4FBDy0wMIhQE&biw=1920&bih=977&dpr=1
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg


The best thing about the whole thing is it's focussing further attention on what Australia is keenly aware of: China's campaign to get us to drop the covid investigation.

36 war crimes is bad. At least we're investigating and SAS member will be punished.

Drinking from a dead man's prosthetic leg is gross, but I must admit I found it a bit funny. And I've never been as bothered by soldiers disrespecting dead bodies as I'm supposed to be. There's literally no harm done to any person, unless it leaks out, when it offends relatives and comrades of the dead soldier. If this hadn't got out, it wouldn't be a problem. It's a super-shoey!

Yeah, it's good that world attention is focussed on it. Australia will look pretty good actually doing something about its soldiers committing war crimes. I hope the US in particular will be spurred to look into the no-doubt far greater number of war crimes committed by their troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

No, I'm not going to get into tit-for-tat and talk about the daily human rights abuses in China. Because this isn't about that. Zhao is trying to distract attention from the actually rather massive trade persecution the CCP has been imposing on it's long time honest trading partner Australia. Using every inspection and paperwork trick in the book to impose total blocks on some high-value products, which would be totally illegal under WTO if done openly.

Why? It's not because our troops killed 36 Afghans illegally. It's because covid-19 has killed 1.5 million innocent people around the world and is no way finished yet. The CCP doesn't want the world to know how exactly that started. The CCP doesn't want you to know either.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Willtime
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 140
Founded: Mar 17, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Willtime » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:14 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Sungoldy-China wrote:Australia followed the United States into Afghanistan like a prostitute, so be prepared to be ridiculed.


If China had a problem with that why didn't they start treating us like shit NINETEEN YEARS AGO?

It's because Australia was among the first calling for an independent investigation of the Covid-19 virus and its origins.

China is making A BIG FUCKING DEAL out of the origins of the virus.
That fact does not escape the attention of everyone outside China. :eyebrow:

Maybe the CCP can't imagine virologists and epidemiologists being objective. "We have nothing to hide, but they don't take our word for it, therefore it must be a witch-hunt!"

Go on then. Show us how much you resent and distrust international investigation.
Don't think your overbearing attitude will be mistaken for anything but fear.
The CCP is afraid of the one thing it cannot control: the truth.


And what is Australia afraiding of?
This thing is reported by Australia's reporter first,and Australia's government has started a survey about this……war crime,I guess?

Even I know how to answer China.
If I can let others believe it never happened(no matter if it did happen),"No,it never happened,our soldiers never killed foreigners in foreigners' land,you are lying about international affairs."
If I can not,"Yes,it did happen,we will stop it,we are stopping it,we will recorrect the fault by ourselves,no need you say."

The last thing to say is"No matter we did kill foreigners in foreigners' land or not,it is our internal affairs."
What time will Australia annex Afghan?
When Afghan become a part of Australia,everyone will know that these are Australia's internal affairs.

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14115
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:15 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
If China had a problem with that why didn't they start treating us like shit NINETEEN YEARS AGO?

It's because Australia was among the first calling for an independent investigation of the Covid-19 virus and its origins.

China is making A BIG FUCKING DEAL out of the origins of the virus.
That fact does not escape the attention of everyone outside China. :eyebrow:

Maybe the CCP can't imagine virologists and epidemiologists being objective. "We have nothing to hide, but they don't take our word for it, therefore it must be a witch-hunt!"

Go on then. Show us how much you resent and distrust international investigation.
Don't think your overbearing attitude will be mistaken for anything but fear.
The CCP is afraid of the one thing it cannot control: the truth.

But I remember that 130 countries, including China, agreed to the who led origin survey, used the European Union's proposal, and refuted Australia's proposal.Why trust Australia, because it is the conscience and impartial judge of the world?
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3096958/who-will-start-its-investigation-coronavirus-origins-wuhan-says


Very well. What's your explanation of the CCP treating Australia so badly?

It sure as hell isn't about 36 war crimes. The CCP lives in a glass palace on the subject of human rights: it's about the stupidest and most hypocritical thing they could be goading us about.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Picairn
Minister
 
Posts: 2699
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Picairn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:18 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:So, how to distinguish the Taliban?The last one who would grab someone's prosthetic limb was probably a pirate captain

The article itself says:
The leg is believed to have belonged to a suspected Taliban fighter killed during an SASR 2 squadron assault on two compounds and a tunnel complex at Kakarak in Uruzgan in April 2009.

Civilians don't live in compounds, or tunnels.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Albrenia wrote:With great power comes great mockability.

Salus Maior wrote:Nothing we say here actually matters.

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite
Center-left liberal, or "neoliberal scum"
according to the far-left and far-right.
Listen here Jack, we're going to destroy malarkey.

♔ The Empire of Picairn ♔
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
✵ Best DNC shill, Clinton bot, and Soros puppet of 2020. All Hail Biden! ✵

User avatar
Sannyamathland
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 102
Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Sannyamathland » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:20 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:What's the best thing about the whole thing?This was originally a cartoon reprinted by Zhao's personal twitter, and only about 10000 people read it. But because of this gentleman, the whole world is paying attention to what Australia had doing in Afghanistan
https://www.google.com/search?q=Australian+Army+Afghanistan&tbm=nws&sxsrf=ALeKk03kgSKVQ1CQIkVgkI64v_m1z2gnIg:1606819469875&ei=jR7GX52CNcLR-Qbiqq64Cw&start=0&sa=N&ved=0ahUKEwjd_OD9zKztAhXCaN4KHWKVC7c4FBDy0wMIhQE&biw=1920&bih=977&dpr=1
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/dec/01/photo-reveals-australian-soldier-drinking-dead-taliban-prosthetic-leg


The best thing about the whole thing is it's focussing further attention on what Australia is keenly aware of: China's campaign to get us to drop the covid investigation.

36 war crimes is bad. At least we're investigating and SAS member will be punished.

Drinking from a dead man's prosthetic leg is gross, but I must admit I found it a bit funny. And I've never been as bothered by soldiers disrespecting dead bodies as I'm supposed to be. There's literally no harm done to any person, unless it leaks out, when it offends relatives and comrades of the dead soldier. If this hadn't got out, it wouldn't be a problem. It's a super-shoey!

Yeah, it's good that world attention is focussed on it. Australia will look pretty good actually doing something about its soldiers committing war crimes. I hope the US in particular will be spurred to look into the no-doubt far greater number of war crimes committed by their troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

No, I'm not going to get into tit-for-tat and talk about the daily human rights abuses in China. Because this isn't about that. Zhao is trying to distract attention from the actually rather massive trade persecution the CCP has been imposing on it's long time honest trading partner Australia. Using every inspection and paperwork trick in the book to impose total blocks on some high-value products, which would be totally illegal under WTO if done openly.

Why? It's not because our troops killed 36 Afghans illegally. It's because covid-19 has killed 1.5 million innocent people around the world and is no way finished yet. The CCP doesn't want the world to know how exactly that started. The CCP doesn't want you to know either.

Ok,let us belive that the virus started in China and China doesn't want us to know this.Its all ok and China must face some criticism for that.But the most important thing you are missing out,my friend,is China has successfully fought of the virus,inspite of being the country of origin.On the other hand,more than a quarter of the world's total deaths are from USA,which considers itself as 'The Greatest Country in the Multiverse'.So,the truth is,Trump does not wants the world to realise and undertsand just how terribly the healthcare system of the USA has failed to prevent a virus,something that the healthcare system of China did,with a lot of success.I am in no way a Chinese sympathizer,China can not deny the human rights abuses or its imperialist intentions,but what the world must focus today,is not why and how the virus originated,but on the ways to prevent it.
Last edited by Sannyamathland on Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
BREAKING NEWS
Butfezur Covacer IV Covid 19 vaccine has been approved the Soviet Healthcare Department for emergency use,starting from 10th January,2020.

The Supreme Court of the Soviet Republic rejects Mikhail Taal's claims for ignorance,and sentences him to 25 years imprisonment,without parole for the first 15 years,for corruption and economic mismanagement.
Mikhail Taal's daughter,Natalya Taal,has been sentenced to 13 years of imprisonment for corruption,while her younger brother Joseph Taal's case will be decided on the next hearing.


Member of LITA.
Note:NS Stats are not used.

User avatar
Ausinia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 842
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ausinia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:22 am

*crack knuckles*

An Australian investigation was launched into the SASR, and SOCOMD, and into its soliders with reports of possible war crimes

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament ... fghanistan

They found that personnel did commit war crimes.

Should their be punishment for those who did commit crimes? Yes, but this is not the thread for it.
Should an edited photo, or a fake image be posted to social media to ridicule these soldiers? No.
Should Scott Morrison 'stand up' to this? Meh. Given how nessecary favourable ties are to Australia and its economy, I wouldn't.

The only reason that he has done anything, or will do anything is because his American overlords has told him to do as much. He knows that he can, and may be thrown out if he doesnt do as they say, and ollow Americans foreign policy

I think a total severing of diplomatic and trade ties is in order on Australia's part. Australian nationals should be evacuated from China ASAP. Best to fully deprive China of any remaining means to blackmail and bully Australia into submission. Total economic decoupling should be on the table.


Uh, no. Do you know how much Australian needs China? A hell of a lot, most of our mineral exports are to China, to suggest that we can just leave China like a bad boy friend is utterly insane. The hostilities are due to American involvment in Australian affairs, its inevitable, if not intentional. The best course for Australia is for Scotty to shut up, accept it, and try to move close to China, without America to start knocking doors.

Zhao Lijian and all these Chinese accounts should be banned from Twitter for as long as Twitter is banned and censored in China while special exemptions are made for Zhao, Hua Chunying, and other assorted wumaos (paid 50-cent, online trolls). Twitter can do this instead of going after right-wing and conservative commentators in liberal democracies where the platform isn't banned and selling its principles down the gutter like the unprincipled, corporate, neoliberal hypocrites that they clearly are.


We all know this isnt happening. The best way to avoid it happening in the first place is to not have our soldiers not shoot civlians, though Im not holding my breath.

Better yet, we attempt to diverisfy our foreign policy, again, not holding my breath.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

User avatar
Ausinia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 842
Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ausinia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:30 am

Radiatia wrote:Australia and New Zealand really need to wake the fuck up and realise that China are not our friends


The only thing that is making them so hostile is American influence. China is by far one of Australia's largest trading partners, if swapping rocks isnt freindly, I dont know what is.

they are in fact the most dangerous enemy we have ever faced.


Based on what? The ANZUS treaty?

It's only a matter of time before China gets tired of playing games and just invades outright.

They haven't, and wont. Theirs a reason they're interested in Tibet and Taiwan, and not a desert country half way across the world, because they havent created a sphere of infulence there, and dont intend on it. Unlike America, I cant think of many (if any) of China attempting to create a 20th and 21st century empire outside of Asia. Its just not their foreign policy.
[url]Discord, cus why not [To be fixed][/url]
-Astoria wrote:‘WE'RE NOT COMMUNISTS, DAMMIT!’

Then explain the hammer-and-sickle on your flag. Otherwise, X.
This nation does not completely agree with my views.
Cooperation, Command, Control
THE UNITED COMMONWEALTH of AUSINIA
The Ausinian National:Due to recent baby booms in Ausinia, a general board has being formed, the leaders in new ways of fair population control. Suggested methods already include standardised testing in schools, for the most fit and intelligent to stand out.

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14115
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 am

Sannyamathland wrote:Ok,let us belive that the virus started in China and China doesn't want us to know this.Its all ok and China must face some criticism for that.


That the virus started in China (in Wuhan) is accepted by everyone. If that's all an investigation is going to find, then the CCP has nothing to hide.

Maybe what they're worried about is that their own investigation team found something else, about the lab perhaps, but it never got to the top because one of the bureaucrats was too afraid to tell truth to power.

But the most important thing you are missing out,my friend,is China has successfully fought of the virus,inspite of being the country of origin.On the other hand,more than a quarter of the world's total deaths are from USA,which considers itself as 'The Greatest Country in the Multiverse'.So,the truth is,Trump does not wants the world to realise and undertsand just how terribly the healthcare system of the USA has failed to prevent a virus,something that the healthcare system of China did,with a lot of success.


Being able to track and (if necessary) control the movements of all Chinese citizens is a huge advantage in stamping out a disease. Well done I guess.

But Trump just wanting to distract from the US covid problem is no longer an explanation for anything. Trump doesn't give a damn about covid in the US, he probably never did, but since the election he's stopped pretending.

I am in no way a Chinese sympathizer,China can not deny the human rights abuses or its imperialist intentions,but what the world must focus today,is not why and how the virus originated,but on the ways to prevent it.


There should have been an international investigation in March or so, but the sooner the better anyway. Evidence doesn't hang around forever, in fact human memory doesn't. If they're even allowed to interview doctors and other citizens in private.

Right from the start I have accepted medical info from China. I never had a reason to doubt it. But the CCP's extreme reluctance to have it checked by an international team has just made me more and more suspicious. That habit of wanting to control and censor all information is perilous to them and to China: those who can't handle the truth will get lied to.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Picairn
Minister
 
Posts: 2699
Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Picairn » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:41 am

Ausinia wrote:Unlike America, I cant think of many (if any) of China attempting to create a 20th and 21st century empire outside of Asia. Its just not their foreign policy.

China do want to create an empire, but they can't, not until the US loses its superpower status. However, they have been ramping up their imperialist influence, through island-building in South China Sea and the Belt & Road Initiative.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Relations
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Albrenia wrote:With great power comes great mockability.

Salus Maior wrote:Nothing we say here actually matters.

Moralityland wrote:big corporations allied with the communist elite
Center-left liberal, or "neoliberal scum"
according to the far-left and far-right.
Listen here Jack, we're going to destroy malarkey.

♔ The Empire of Picairn ♔
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
✵ Best DNC shill, Clinton bot, and Soros puppet of 2020. All Hail Biden! ✵

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Agarntrop, Andsed, Atheris, Blakk Metal, Comerciante, Cordel One, Esalia, Google Adsense [Bot], Heloin, Insaanistan, Kowani, Lost Memories, Major-Tom, New yugoslavaia, Northern Socialist Council Republics, Omniabstracta, Parxland, Perchan, Rusozak, SD_Film Artists, Senaos0705, Shrillland, Stahllicht, Sundiata, Suryak, The Archregimancy, The Holy Therns, The Huskar Social Union, The Marlborough, The New California Republic, The Two Jerseys, Vassenor, Vilhelumea

Advertisement

Remove ads