NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Military Enrollment Anti-Discrimination Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Soleimani Commonwealth
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Military Enrollment Anti-Discrimination Act

Postby Soleimani Commonwealth » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Military Enrollment Anti-Discrimination Act

Category: Civil Rights
Strength: Significant

The World Assembly,

Affirming that every legal citizen of a nation should be treated with indifference

Dismayed that many nations allow discrimination against citizens of certain genders or races regarding military enrollments

Realizing the importance of a nation’s military force, and the people who serve within it, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality or disabilities

Article I

Hereby enacts the following,

1. Defines discrimination as the intentional rejection or refusal to allow a legal citizen of a nation to become a member of its military due to their race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, physical or mental disabilities

2. Discrimination against any legal citizen regarding military enrollment is strictly prohibited

3. This includes discrimination that would allow citizens to join the military but not in certain roles

4. Discharging members of the military after they have joined because of their race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality or disabilities is prohibited

Article II- Exceptions

1. In accordance with Clause 1) of Article I, the following exceptions must be made of the discrimination factor of “physical or mental disabilities”

a. In the case of a citizen who is physically or mentally disabled in a way that would not allow them to serve in certain roles in the military

b. Disabled citizens are still allowed to serve in the military in roles that they are capable of carrying out

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:36 pm

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Boston Castle
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:11 pm

Tinhampton wrote:What does this do that the Charter of Civil Rights doesn't?

OP is perfectly happy to mention this, but I’m not seeing anything in that resolution that covers employment in the military or prohibiting gender discrimination in the same.
Then save me, or the passed day will shine…

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:02 pm

Boston Castle wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:What does this do that the Charter of Civil Rights doesn't?

OP is perfectly happy to mention this, but I’m not seeing anything in that resolution that covers employment in the military or prohibiting gender discrimination in the same.

OOC: CoCR would apply to the military as much as any other employer. Soldiers are, after all, workers. Honestly, extant law covers most of this.

IC: "This draft seems to require member states not make reasonable security efforts for sensitive military roles. For example, if a Nation X were at war with a Nation Y, Nation X could not refrain from recruiting Nation Y expatriots for intelligence roles, despite the increased security risks. Nation Y expatriots may serve valiantly in roles where former national ties provide little risk to Nation X operational security, but high value intelligence is not one of those roles."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Boston Castle
Envoy

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Boston Castle » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:06 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Boston Castle wrote:OP is perfectly happy to mention this, but I’m not seeing anything in that resolution that covers employment in the military or prohibiting gender discrimination in the same.

OOC: CoCR would apply to the military as much as any other employer. Soldiers are, after all, workers. Honestly, extant law covers most of this.

OOC: interesting. Bit surprised at that.
Then save me, or the passed day will shine…

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Boston Castle wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: CoCR would apply to the military as much as any other employer. Soldiers are, after all, workers. Honestly, extant law covers most of this.

OOC: interesting. Bit surprised at that.

OOC: You can maybe articulate a better Compelling Practical Purpose for, say, gender discrimination. Maybe. If you really squint hard and close one eye. It would be very hard. But sure not, say, sexual identity or gender expression.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:00 pm

This has now been submitted with the capitalisation "Military Enrollment anti-discrimination act".
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:07 am

Tinhampton wrote:This has now been submitted with the capitalisation "Military Enrollment anti-discrimination act".

(OOC: Given that there were no changes, this has no support from me. This doesn’t really add anything, and might duplicate CoCR to the point of illegality.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly