NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Commend Fauzjhia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Commend Fauzjhia

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:50 pm

The Security Council,

Acknowledging the fact that Fauzjhia's citizens may be unkind in ways,

Recognizing Fauzjhia's international achievements, such as joining this World Assembly,

Respecting Fauzjhia's importance as a tourism hotspot,

Enjoying Fauzjhia's international donations of aid for those in need,

Applauding Fauzjhia's artwork collection, consisting of over 1,000 art pieces,

Recognizing Fauzjhia's high standards of public transport, through the use of buses, trains, and other vehicles,

Appreciative that Fauzjhia's people are widely intelligent,

Hereby commends Fauzjhia.

This is my first WA draft, so any feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by Nooooooooooooooo on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:53 pm

Oh my lord no.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:01 pm

Nothing here is commendable. Fauzjhia is not commendable.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

North American Imperial State
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 05, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North American Imperial State » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:03 pm

Nope not worth anyones time
i sometimes post on the forums, sometimes i don't, you will never know

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:Oh my lord no.

Morover wrote:Nothing here is commendable. Fauzjhia is not commendable.

North American Imperial State wrote:Nope not worth anyones time

...but why? I've never had any personal encounters with Fauzjhia, though.
Last edited by Nooooooooooooooo on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:05 pm

North American Imperial State wrote:Nope not worth anyones time

What does it say about your proposal when even the WA Delegate of The Wooloo Pact - the successor region to Old Zealand, which was itself involved in plenty of shitshows regarding SC proposals of dubious quality - is telling you to give up pretty much from the word "go?"
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Nooooooooooooooo

Sorry. There is a certain vague bar for commendability and I don't think this nominee is anywhere close to that. They are quite a dedicated card collector though, I'll give them that.

Just think - what have they done for their respective communities? What kind of status do they hold among such communities?

You'll quickly see that this proposal is not meant to be.
Last edited by Noahs Second Country on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Noahs Second Country wrote:Nooooooooooooooo

Sorry. There is a certain vague bar for commendability and I don't think this nominee is anywhere close to that. They are quite a dedicated card collector though, I'll give them that.

I see. I just went off their stats.

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:09 pm

I can’t tell whether or not this is meant to be comical. Stats resolutions are sooooooooooo early WA. The earliest one I can think of (that actually passed) was Commend Kindjal, who has some of the highest stats in NS, so they deserved it. The card collection isn’t enough for a resolution, but I’ll admit they’re good at it.
Edit: And as I post this, it’s abandoned.
Last edited by Cirrus Azale on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:12 pm

To Nooooooooooooooo, thank you for not wiping your draft off the face of the earth.

To Cirrus Azale, since when has March 2020 been "early WA?" ;p
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:13 pm

Hi! Unfortunately, at this stage, I have to agree with the above responses; if Fauzjhia has done anything remotely Commendable, you haven't listed it here. None of these clauses explain how the nominee has affected the world of NationStates; instead, you've resorted to comments on stat and card-collecting; and those things aren't enough. Stat-based C/Cs are reserved for the absolute most incredible nations, and even those proposals don't always succeed. Card-based proposals discuss programmes that the nominee has set up or codes that they've developed. And those are the only two elements in this proposal, basically, which you've inflated to take up a lot more space than is justifiable (i.e. mentioning they're a WA member, which is filler). Sorry, but this is not a good nominee at this time, and if you want to write an SC proposal (which you should do; it's fun!), then you should find someone who's contributed more to this game so far.
In general, by the way, stats aren't the best things to be put in a proposal, even if they're just edged in the corners, since they can dilute the focus. If you ever have to resort to breaking individual stats up into individual clauses, then that's a sign you've not picked the right nominee. Sorry.

Edit: And I forgot to say, but thank you for drafting here! :) It's appreciated.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:27 am

Tinhampton wrote:To Nooooooooooooooo, thank you for not wiping your draft off the face of the earth.

I meant it was a lot more common in 2008-2012. I never meant March 2020 was early WA.
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:30 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:To Nooooooooooooooo, thank you for not wiping your draft off the face of the earth.

I meant it was a lot more common in 2008-2012. I never meant March 2020 was early WA.

The Security Council didn't even exist until 2009 and I really don't see how you can describe any of the C/Cs that passed through mid-2012 as "stat-based" except mabe Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town, which got instarepealed. The main issue with the early SC was a lack of writing standards (mostly because we hadn't figured out what we were doing yet) but most of the actual targets had fairly solid reasoning behind them.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?