NATION

PASSWORD

SPACE: a RP of galatical might and right (OOC|SIGN-UPS OPEN)

For all of your non-Nationstates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

SPACE: a RP of galatical might and right (OOC|SIGN-UPS OPEN)

Postby New Antarcticania » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm

SPACE
"Backstabbing, Betrayal, Political turmoil. SPACE Has it all"

Story

It's the year 2050, Earth is Slowly flooding because of climate change. Corporations have Nearly taken over the world, bribing politicians And Hiring mercenaries to perform shady contracts- while their PR agencies Slings Accusations at Other corporations, Blaming them for such Illegal activities.

And then

Space travel

The Last remaining governments not under corporate control's Top scientists Poured Hours, Days, Months into Prototypes of Vessels and Aircraft that are capable of Travelling in Space, and they succeeded. Only for their Work to be Stolen by mercenaries hired by the AERODYNE corporation, Adapting these Blueprints of the vessels, And Introduced the first commercially available Spaceship.


And now..it's the final days of the year 2059

Corporations are rivaling each other With design after design, Variant after Variant. But no competition could Beat what the DARKSKI Corporation has planned for the future of space travel.

Artificial wormholes

Their vessels could generate artificial wormholes that can transport the vessel to the nearest solar system, And as soon as you know it. All of the Aerospace Corporations are Selling Spaceships capable of wormhole travel, Effectively lowering the price.

Then, Larger ships capable of wormhole travel are being onstructed

Larger

and larger


And that's where You, that's right, YOU come in.
Be it Purchasing one Through Legal means, or stealing one By infiltrating and hijacking dome poor Sap's Vessel, You've managed to Get a medium-sized starship, Gathered a Fairly decent fleet. And set off, as one of the first into the great unknown.




OOC:
So, that's just about it for the story, for now..... but I like to explain what SPACE is

Space is a My attempt at a grand strategy game-ish RP, where The players Build Factions from the ground up, be it pirate, Mercenary, Or Civilized. And Expand into the great unknown
Each Nation will receive a Small fleet, One cruiser and 2 destroyers- as well as starting resources
The player's Faction start At The outskirts of Jupiter, and Begin their journey into Unexplored systems.
These systems will contain resources, and it's The players Job to Construct colonies into planets that contain resources, Build them up,and Build defenses To prevent Raiders and Pirates from Destroying your stuff. And so much more
Create laws!
Carry out missions for corporations!
Diplomacy!
Backstabbing your Most trusted ally!
And most importantly of all
The fear of the unknown
But we'll get to that when the IC has been created.....

RULES

No godmodding
Short Posts allowed
All Participants are encouraged to do one Post every 48 Hours
1 IRL day= 1 RP week
Character death is VERY possible, and VERY likely


Faction Application
Code: Select all
Faction Name:
Faction leader:
Other major figures of Your Faction:
Faction Bio:
Faction ideology:
 Leader Bio:
Leader appearance
 Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories  5 Maximum per category)
[Table][/Table]
 [ ] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
 [ ] military
 [ ] Authoritarianism
 [ ] Logistics
 [ ] Industrial Power
[Table][/Table]
How will your Faction prosper and grow?:
Notes:
Last edited by New Antarcticania on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:54 am

/BUMP
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Any questions?
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:25 pm

Faction app example


Faction Name: The Raiders of doe
Faction leader: John doe
Other major figures of Your Faction:
Admiral Jeff doe
Admiral jess Doe
Governed Johnathan joe
Faction Bio:
The raider of doe were formed at a pub back at earth, where a drunk john doe Gathered with his closest friends, Jeff, Johnathan, and jess doe. And at that seemingly harmless meeting, They decided that the dull, Repetitive routines of Life on earth was not what they were signing up for- so, the group of Friends placed all of their paychecks, and managed to purchase a old cruiser, Outdated systems, ill-maintianed guns. But it was all they could afford, and so the Group set off into space, Gathering a few Settlers, along with their vessels for the ride. And set off towards Jupiter.
Faction ideology: Anarchy
 Leader Bio: John was born to a well-off household In new york, joining the Local millitay forces at 16, and was dishonorably discharged after a incident with one of the Officers.
Now 28, john was running low on credits, and so he decided to at least attempt to convince his friends to join him, purchase a vessel. And settle down elsewhere.
Leader appearance: 6'8, long beard, black hair (you could put a image here if you want)
 Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories  5 Maximum per category)

 [3] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
 [3] military
 [1] Authoritarianism
 [2] Logistics
 [1] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Raiding and pillaging Other settlements (this is basically stating your victory goal, which the op will decide. However, you Can adjust the victory goal if you want)
Notes: none
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 58699
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Interesting. I like it. Anything like terraforming, or are factions meant to be primarily non-civilian?
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:30 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Interesting. I like it. Anything like terraforming, or are factions meant to be primarily non-civilian?

There will be Research available for terraforming, and you can construct cities at a certain point.
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:30 pm

Any more questions?
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Sign Ups are still open

Also, BUMP!
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 58699
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Faction Name: Blue Sky Conglomerate
Faction leader: Fabricator-General Grigori Zakharov
Other major figures of Your Faction:
Commandant Viktor Illinovich
Faction Bio: Blue Sky is an outgrowth of asteroid mining and research consortiums, an Eastern European venture based out of the old Baikonur cosmodrome. Following the development of superluminal travel, Blue Sky unified these factions to fund a joint corporation to afford the vast cost of manufacturing a small interstellar fleet.
Faction ideology: Strength through Fabrication; A New Home for Mankind
Leader Bio: Zakharov grew up in the polar oblasts, the son of a subnautical mining manganate. After graduating first in his class at Moscow Technical, Grigori took service as a officer of combat engineers during the Mongolia Crisis, commended and promoted to the rank of commander before mustering out to pursue a career in the private sector.
Leader appearance: A graying man of moderate build, whipcord lean, with deep emerald eyes.
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[1]military
[1] Authoritarianism
[2] Logistics
[5] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: They seek industrial opportunities on the new frontier, to enrich themselves and improve their financial base.
Notes:
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:01 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Faction Name: Blue Sky Conglomerate
Faction leader: Fabricator-General Grigori Zakharov
Other major figures of Your Faction:
Commandant Viktor Illinovich
Faction Bio: Blue Sky is an outgrowth of asteroid mining and research consortiums, an Eastern European venture based out of the old Baikonur cosmodrome. Following the development of superluminal travel, Blue Sky unified these factions to fund a joint corporation to afford the vast cost of manufacturing a small interstellar fleet.
Faction ideology: Strength through Fabrication; A New Home for Mankind
Leader Bio: Zakharov grew up in the polar oblasts, the son of a subnautical mining manganate. After graduating first in his class at Moscow Technical, Grigori took service as a officer of combat engineers during the Mongolia Crisis, commended and promoted to the rank of commander before mustering out to pursue a career in the private sector.
Leader appearance: A graying man of moderate build, whipcord lean, with deep emerald eyes.
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[1]military
[1] Authoritarianism
[2] Logistics
[5] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: They seek industrial opportunities on the new frontier, to enrich themselves and improve their financial base.
Notes:

Accepted
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Bredtonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1510
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bredtonia » Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:18 pm

This could be interesting; Why not. I can't guarantee that speed of posting, but I'll see what I can do.

Faction Name: Blackeagle Space Services
Faction Leader: Jonathan Black - CEO of Blackeagle
Other major figures of Your Faction: Julia Drake - Captain of the Golden Hawk and Director of Exploration
Faction Bio: Blackeagle Space Services came into existence when Jonathan Black, along with some significant venture capital, purchased the small heavy-equipment development company Eagle Engineering, acquiring both their dockyard in Mars orbit and their flagship cruiser "Golden Hawk".
Faction Ideology: Control the trade, control the wealth.
Leader Bio: A senior corporate officer and station commander during the Jovian Rush, Jonathan Black became deeply embroiled in the lawless development and frequent 'brushfire' exchanges between merchant vessels as they raced back to earth with their loads of goods. Watching the exclaiming arms race on merchant vessels and seeing that little would change as humanity reached further out into the stars, he broke off to start a company that would focus on the control of space lanes first and bring everything else up behind.
Leader appearance: A tall and healthy, if not well built, man of indistinct but primarily causation descent, Johnathan projects the confidence of a person comfortable in power. An older man now, Jonathan's hair his salted with grey and he walks with a cane, his knee having never set right after being caught in the crossfire on Europa-station 1.
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[3] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[3] Military
[2] Authoritarianism
[1] Logistics
[1] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Blackeagle operations work on two interlinked business models - rapid exploration and surveying of new locations to be sold off to development companies, and providing transport and protection services for said development companies.
Notes:
Although Jonathan is the faction leader, Julia will likely be the principle character of the RP given her position as captain & explorer.
Last edited by Bredtonia on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:53 pm

Bredtonia wrote:This could be interesting; Why not. I can't guarantee that speed of posting, but I'll see what I can do.

Faction Name: Blackeagle Space Services
Faction Leader: Jonathan Black - CEO of Blackeagle
Other major figures of Your Faction: Julia Drake - Captain of the Golden Hawk and Director of Exploration
Faction Bio: Blackeagle Space Services came into existence when Jonathan Black, along with some significant venture capital, purchased the small heavy-equipment development company Eagle Engineering, acquiring both their dockyard in Mars orbit and their flagship cruiser "Golden Hawk".
Faction Ideology: Control the trade, control the wealth.
Leader Bio: A senior corporate officer and station commander during the Jovian Rush, Jonathan Black became deeply embroiled in the lawless development and frequent 'brushfire' exchanges between merchant vessels as they raced back to earth with their loads of goods. Watching the exclaiming arms race on merchant vessels and seeing that little would change as humanity reached further out into the stars, he broke off to start a company that would focus on the control of space lanes first and bring everything else up behind.
Leader appearance: A tall and healthy, if not well built, man of indistinct but primarily causation descent, Johnathan projects the confidence of a person comfortable in power. An older man now, Jonathan's hair his salted with grey and he walks with a cane, his knee having never set right after being caught in the crossfire on Europa-station 1.
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[3] military
[1] Authoritarianism
[4] Logistics
[1] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Blackeagle operations work on two interlinked business models - rapid exploration and surveying of new locations to be sold off to development companies, and providing transport and protection services for said development companies.
Notes:
Although Jonathan is the faction leader, Julia will likely be the principle character of the RP given her position as captain & explorer.

Accepted
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Bredtonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1510
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bredtonia » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:44 pm

A couple of quick technology questions/worldbuilding questions:

How large are Cruisers/Destroyers? How large of a crew do they take? How precise is a wormhole jump? Is there a limit to distance (practical or real)? Are there any limitations to where it can be initiated? (on the planet, low orbit, gravity neutral points). Are they routinely used to get around within a system?

I assume some level of antigravity has been developed, but is it limited to small craft, or can our capital ships land? How advanced are military technologies - railguns and titanium-alloy armor or phasers and energy shields?

On the socio-political side, how safe is the Sol system? How dominant are the main corporations and how many are there? (Fortune 500 or the G12?) Do the Earth Governments (or planetary governments) still exist in any practical form?

Just how inexpensive did interstellar get? Are they still the purview of corporations and combines or are their independent "Han Solos" running around? How small of a ship can hold a wormhole engine?

Um, that's all I got for now - Don't necessarily need to have every single one of these rightt now, but they're the string questions that came to mind.
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Bredtonia wrote:A couple of quick technology questions/worldbuilding questions:

How large are Cruisers/Destroyers? How large of a crew do they take? How precise is a wormhole jump? Is there a limit to distance (practical or real)? Are there any limitations to where it can be initiated? (on the planet, low orbit, gravity neutral points). Are they routinely used to get around within a system?
- On average, Destroyers are 2.5 miles in length and Cruisers are 3.5 miles in length, as for wormhole travel, you can select a specific planet to travel to, but it has to be in the nearest star system, If your fleet is really, really desperate, you can force it to Start a wormhole jump in a hazardous situation (Combat, solar flares, etc.).

I assume some level of antigravity has been developed, but is it limited to small craft, or can our capital ships land? How advanced are military technologies - railguns and titanium-alloy armor or phasers and energy shields?
- Antigravity systems are installed on Small craft, Military technology is to a point where High-powered automatic rifles and exoskeletons are very common, Titanium alloys have already been used on some capital ships, and research for railguns has just begun

On the socio-political side, how safe is the Sol system? How dominant are the main corporations and how many are there? (Fortune 500 or the G12?) Do the Earth Governments (or planetary governments) still exist in any practical form?
- Sol is somewhat safe, with Corporate spacecraft guarding their space stations and Automatic Drones patrolling the planets
Here are a s***storm of corporations at Sol, so fortune 500 is the best way to describe it.

Just how inexpensive did interstellar get? Are they still the purview of corporations and combines or are their independent "Han Solos" running around? How small of a ship can hold a wormhole engine?
- its not to expensive, not to cheap- Some used spacecraft that are slightly damaged or are outdated can be bought, meaning that there will be pirates lurking about in the outer reaches of space.
Ships as small as frigates can hold wormhole engines.

Um, that's all I got for now - Don't necessarily need to have every single one of these rightt now, but they're the string questions that came to mind.
Last edited by New Antarcticania on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Bredtonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1510
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bredtonia » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:20 pm

New Antarcticania wrote:- On average, Destroyers are 2.5 meters in length and Cruisers are 3.5 meters in length,


I assume this was supposed to be km? (i.e. 10 aircraft carriers long, 2 star destroyers, 3 DS9s...)
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:30 pm

Bredtonia wrote:
New Antarcticania wrote:- On average, Destroyers are 2.5 meters in length and Cruisers are 3.5 meters in length,


I assume this was supposed to be km? (i.e. 10 aircraft carriers long, 2 star destroyers, 3 DS9s...)

Miles
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:35 pm

Bunp
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 58699
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:47 pm

I could handle an IC.
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:03 pm

Making one.now
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26316
Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ralnis » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:30 pm

Faction Name: The Consortium
Faction leader: The Kingpin
Other major figures of Your Faction:
The Underboss
Faction Bio: The Consortium is what is left of humanity's greatest gangs and families that had banded together as a form of worldwide alliance. The main goal was to send their best and brightest to the star systems as a means of making a interstellar black market in which they can control. Many of the smaller gangs and pirates have joined to help out in requiring the means of traveling and transporting the newly voted leadership of the Consortium, the Kingpin and their Underboss into space to stake a claim for their own interests in space.
Faction ideology: To establish a powerful criminal element in space. Basically a planet or so ruled by a Kleptocracy for the rest of Earth's criminal element.
Leader Bio: The Kingpin is not so much a person as is a title for the voted leader of the Consortium. He is similar to a president or prime minister in how they are given some power but all of it comes down to the Communion, the heads of the families and powerful criminal groups of the Consortium. They usually are around for a number of years until they are either renewed or they are replaced by someone else.
Leader appearance
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[ 1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[2 ] military
[ 1] Authoritarianism
[ 2] Logistics
[ 4] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Basically build up criminal enterprises. Illegal drug and gun manufacturing, human trafficking, as a means of making a criminal haven. Help the local pirates and smugglers ferry their goods into Sol's black markets. Basically make a vibrant criminal economy and state ruled by said criminal elements.
Notes: Don't know how this will be done, like building things and research. Also jobs from other corporations and the like?

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:04 am

Ralnis wrote:Faction Name: The Consortium
Faction leader: The Kingpin
Other major figures of Your Faction:
The Underboss
Faction Bio: The Consortium is what is left of humanity's greatest gangs and families that had banded together as a form of worldwide alliance. The main goal was to send their best and brightest to the star systems as a means of making a interstellar black market in which they can control. Many of the smaller gangs and pirates have joined to help out in requiring the means of traveling and transporting the newly voted leadership of the Consortium, the Kingpin and their Underboss into space to stake a claim for their own interests in space.
Faction ideology: To establish a powerful criminal element in space. Basically a planet or so ruled by a Kleptocracy for the rest of Earth's criminal element.
Leader Bio: The Kingpin is not so much a person as is a title for the voted leader of the Consortium. He is similar to a president or prime minister in how they are given some power but all of it comes down to the Communion, the heads of the families and powerful criminal groups of the Consortium. They usually are around for a number of years until they are either renewed or they are replaced by someone else.
Leader appearance
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[ 1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[2 ] military
[ 1] Authoritarianism
[ 2] Logistics
[ 4] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Basically build up criminal enterprises. Illegal drug and gun manufacturing, human trafficking, as a means of making a criminal haven. Help the local pirates and smugglers ferry their goods into Sol's black markets. Basically make a vibrant criminal economy and state ruled by said criminal elements.
Notes: Don't know how this will be done, like building things and research. Also jobs from other corporations and the like?

Accepted, and yes-building things and research. Also jobs from corporations and the like, you have a starting fleet of a cruiser and 5 destroyers
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Bredtonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1510
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bredtonia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:05 pm

What are the actual crew requirements of the vessels? I.e. how many of the 2,500 starting population are active duty crew?
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

User avatar
New Antarcticania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1808
Founded: Oct 25, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby New Antarcticania » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:08 pm

Bredtonia wrote:What are the actual crew requirements of the vessels? I.e. how many of the 2,500 starting population are active duty crew?

Expect over half of your population to be crew members
This week: Antartican forces lifts siege on Communist Sharfari capital/New Fleet carrier added to Antartican People's navy/ New prototype tanks deployed to Sharfari front/ New stand issue Assult rifle introduced to Antartican troops.

New Antarctica officialy does not recognize the Geneva convention
Please buy my factories: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=494815
Join the GSDP today!: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=496970
MT Bordering PMT

User avatar
Higher Japan
Senator
 
Posts: 4976
Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Higher Japan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:33 am

Faction Name: Section 13
Faction leader: Section Manager Eden Acheron
Other major figures of Your Faction:
Quartermaster Exodus
Admiral Lucian
Faction Bio: A fleet working under the auspices of Novax Industries, Section 13 is the latest addition to Novax's ever growing fleet and the first exploration fleet under their operations. With a keen interest in the market for expanding their mandate and areas of operation along with staking a claim for themselves in the grand scheme of things, Novax needed a means to this end. To do so, Section 13 was formed and tasked with a simple mission. Go forth into the unknown, expand the reach and wealth of Novax, and cement their position as a corporate power to be reckoned with.
Faction ideology: Through exploration wealth, through wealth power, through power a place in history.
Leader Bio: A hired hand but one trusted greatly by Novax, Eden Acheron previously served under Novax as Section Manager of Section 1, the main Novax Fleet. Although none dispute his abilities in managing a fleet, few truly know where he came from. When Section 13 was formed, Novax immediately chose him as their new Section Manager. For no one else would be more fit to manage not just a smaller fleet but the growth of their new endeavours.
Leader appearance Tall and lean with a somewhat pronounced Western descent, Eden is usually seen with something similar to that of a visor or mask on his face. Thus his features are commonly masked, while the visor itself is blanked out in a dark red.
Your faction's stats (distribute 10 Points among the categories 5 Maximum per category)

[1] Corruption (more points, less corruption )
[3] military
[1] Authoritarianism
[2] Logistics
[3] Industrial Power

How will your Faction prosper and grow?: Expanding the mandate and reach of Novax to garner favour and funding from higher up. Where possible, even sell themselves as a hired hand to the right buyer
Notes: As a new Section under Novax, many higher ups are still unwilling to fund them without proper results. But maybe a new colony or two could have them coughing up some cash and resources.

First time applying for a rp in a while so hopefully i'm not too rusty.

User avatar
Bredtonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1510
Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bredtonia » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:21 am

On another note, Logistics does not appear to be related to what I originally thought (transport ability and coordination) and instead is related to production - may I change around my stats to better reflect the consept?
"[F]or those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Tourism."

Off Board RPG: USCM RPG

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cossack Peoples, Demencia, Faal Lot Himdah, Fereni, Imperialtha, Pragia

Advertisement

Remove ads