NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Protection for Suicide Survivors

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Of Zigarozia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Protection for Suicide Survivors

Postby Of Zigarozia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 am

The World Assembly,

NOTING that suicide by individuals due to mental illness remains a problem across the multiverse;

SHOCKED that some nations actively criminalize such acts caused by mentally ill people;

Hereby removes such punishments as laid out below.

1. All those who have attempted suicide shall not be penalized in any way.

2. All those who have attempted suicide shall be provided adequate psychiatric and physical care as per the laws of their nation.

3. Individuals who have attempted suicide shall not be free from any other criminal acts committed, unless proved clinically insane.

4. The surviving member(s) of a suicide pact may be charged as per the laws of their respective nations.

So, what do you think?
Last edited by Of Zigarozia on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:04 am

What does Article 1 do that Article 1a of GA#180 doesn't?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Of Zigarozia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Of Zigarozia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 am

Oh oop didn't see that resolution.

Corporal Newkirk
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Corporal Newkirk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:26 am

I'm pretty new here but this seems like a good idea to me, I would support it

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 am

Of Zigarozia wrote:The World Assembly,

NOTING that suicide by individuals due to mental illness remains a problem across the multiverse;

SHOCKED that some nations actively criminalize such acts caused by mentally ill people;

2. All those who have attempted suicide shall be provided adequate psychiatric and physical care as per the laws of their nation.

3. Individuals who have attempted suicide shall not be free from any other criminal acts committed, unless proved clinically insane.

4. The surviving member(s) of a suicide pact may be charged as per the laws of their respective nations.

So, what do you think?

How does someone survive death? Choose a new title, it's a bit misleading.
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:28 am

The reason that Langenia criminalizes suicide is because we are a catholic republic, and we believe that people have no right to choose when they die. That belongs to our God. Also, trying to kill yourself seems like desertion from your responsibilities, laziness.
Last edited by Langenia on Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

South St Maarten
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby South St Maarten » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 am

Untecna wrote:

So, what do you think?

How does someone survive death? Choose a new title, it's a bit misleading.

Was just going to say this, maybe something along the lines of 'Protecting Suicide Attempt Survivors" or "Protection of Attempted Suicide Survivors" would suffice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former First & Second Deputy Commissioner Of Europe
European Undersecretary For Culture
European Ambassador To The Western Isles
Member Of The European Home & Foreign Offices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of character unless noted otherwise. Any Questions, Comments, or Concerns, feel free to telegram me! :D

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:28 am

Langenia wrote:The reason that Langenia does not criminalizes suicide is because we are a catholic republic, and we believe that people have no right to choose when they die. That belongs to our God. Also, trying to kill yourself seems like desertion from your responsibilities, laziness.

"Well Ambassador, if Langenia is a member nation, it can't criminalize suicide without being in violation of WA laws."
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Untecna
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:34 am

Ardiveds wrote:
Langenia wrote:The reason that Langenia does not criminalizes suicide is because we are a catholic republic, and we believe that people have no right to choose when they die. That belongs to our God. Also, trying to kill yourself seems like desertion from your responsibilities, laziness.

"Well Ambassador, if Langenia is a member nation, it can't criminalize suicide without being in violation of WA laws."

"Ah yes, the dissonance between national identity and international reputation, the worst story to tell but the best to overview."
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:56 pm

Of Zigarozia wrote:1. All those who have attempted suicide shall not be penalized in any way.

OOC: Internal contradiction.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Untecna
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:10 am

2. All those who have attempted suicide shall be provided adequate psychiatric and physical care as per the laws of their nation. How do you expect a nation to pay that much money into psychiatric care facilties?

4. The surviving member(s) of a suicide pact may be charged as per the laws of their respective nations. This is contradictionary to Article 1.

So, what do you think?

I think that this draft is missing some area. Add more explanation on how some of these will work, and add more articles to the resolution.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly