NATION

PASSWORD

No New Card Packs

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Ulkar
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

No New Card Packs

Postby Ulkar » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm

OOC

Hi,

I've answered over 34 issues since I last opened a card pack and not received a new one.... Also I don't believe I've opened any more than 4 in the year.

Is this normal? There's cards I want but at this rate it will take me 3 years to save up 100 bank.

Thanks

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:06 pm

It is normal? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Quite unlikely however.

I would suggest confirming that you do have the ability to receive Trading Cards from issues in your settings. The "No cards" button should not be checked.

EDIT: Presumably, it is possible you do not receive packs at all despite continuing to answer issues by being very, very, very, unlucky. It is generally accepted that the rate of finding a pack from an issue is 20%. I haven't heard it discussed at all as to whether there is a guarantee that you will get a pack at least every X issues. While it is possible, I do not believe there is any indication that such is the case and we are unlikely to receive confirmation either way outside of an admin answering.
Last edited by Praeceps on Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Riemstagrad
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Riemstagrad » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:51 am

Are you answerring issues on Stately? That doesn't generate card-packs because it answers issues through the API.

Ulkar
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ulkar » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:00 am

Riemstagrad wrote:Are you answerring issues on Stately? That doesn't generate card-packs because it answers issues through the API.

Ok. That would be it. I've lost probably 2 years of cards then. Wish it would've let me know.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to Technical