NATION

PASSWORD

Hungary to Constitutionally Mandate Christian Gender Roles

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:46 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Atheris wrote:No, he definitely wasn't the first symptom nor the cause. It began in the late 1990's and early 2000's with people like George W. Bush, but really kicked off after the Great Recession with the rise of politicians like Donald Trump, the ruling Fidesz in Hungary around 2010, and the FN under Le Pen.

Bush was not the cause. He was center-right at best and certainly not a man of the people.

I never said he was the cause. He was a symptom. The cause was the fall of the USSR and, perhaps more of a cause than that, the Great Recession.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:55 pm

Atheris wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Bush was not the cause. He was center-right at best and certainly not a man of the people.

I never said he was the cause. He was a symptom. The cause was the fall of the USSR and, perhaps more of a cause than that, the Great Recession.

The recession definitely aided the rise of the far right.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Atheris wrote:I never said he was the cause. He was a symptom. The cause was the fall of the USSR and, perhaps more of a cause than that, the Great Recession.

Not really. The fall of the USSR didn't lead to right wing populism, but the triumph of neoliberalism. That's why you had "The End of History" by Fukuyama where liberal democracy is the endpoint of human history. From 1991 to 2008, the neoliberal consensus dominated both parties. Not until the Great Recession, the Tea Party movement and the biggest catalyst of it all, the 2014 migrant crisis, did right wing populism explode everywhere in the Western world and make its entry into mainstream politics.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
General (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:15 pm

Picairn wrote:Not until the Great Recession, the Tea Party movement and the biggest catalyst of it all, the 2014 migrant crisis, did right wing populism explode everywhere in the Western world and make its entry into mainstream politics.

Its temendously good that right wing populism became prominent, I hope for the trend to get another resurgence or second wind because of what Biden does. If nothing else, it reminds me of the secret societies throughout Chinese history which were devoted to "destroy the Qing, restore the Ming." The project to me, clearly is to restore proper nationalism and social conservatism against the decadent and multiculturalist, neoliberal world order that dominated for too long.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Picairn wrote:Not until the Great Recession, the Tea Party movement and the biggest catalyst of it all, the 2014 migrant crisis, did right wing populism explode everywhere in the Western world and make its entry into mainstream politics.

Its temendously good that right wing populism became prominent, I hope for the trend to get another resurgence or second wind because of what Biden does. If nothing else, it reminds me of the secret societies throughout Chinese history which were devoted to "destroy the Qing, restore the Ming." The project to me, clearly is to restore proper nationalism and social conservatism against the decadent and multiculturalist, neoliberal world order that dominated for too long.

Here we see Sai continuing to have bad ideas.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:31 pm

Saiwania wrote:

Europe had another trend of that exactly 100 years ago. It didn't end well.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:32 pm

Saiwania wrote:

I remember when social conservatism and nationalism got a second wind in 1914.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Compassionate Centrist Christians
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Compassionate Centrist Christians » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:29 pm

It's not a country's duty to impose their morals on others
Member of ICDN

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:45 pm

Enaldo wrote:Which "Christian Gender Role" are they though?

Don't post in threads that haven't had a new post in more than four weeks, thanks very much.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General