NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Repeal "Liberate CCD"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

[SUBMITTED] Repeal "Liberate CCD"

Postby Jocospor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:16 pm

It was suggested to me by an NSGP player that I post this now. As outlined in my Apology to NationStates, which was published on 25 August 2020, I present the Confederation's (since edited) repeal resolution to SCR#263.

I will state again that this is posted with utmost sincerity. I thank the Security Council in advance for its suggestions.

As the Confederation commemorates its 5th Birthday between 25 November and 10 December, I would ideally like to submit this resolution sometime towards the end of November. I will quickly note that the resolution has been drafted privately since and then regionally since 21 June 2020.

The last thing I will say is that while criticsm is not unjustified, I would urge the long-time critics of CCD to have a look at what the region is up to and see just how far it has come from, say, mid 2018. These are very different times to then. Our political roleplay is absolutely thriving. It might interest some to know that we now have more nations enrolled in the Imperial Senate than we did pre-February Snap (back then, the assembly was called the Civil Congress). Roleplay has always mattered dearly to me, because it trains my regionmates to operate intelligently and professionally in preparation for the real world. I maintain, as I always have, that CCD has always been a region of roleplay, and that I have always intended to develop the literacy and critical thinking skills of those who been a part of it.

Thank you again and I look foward to the discourse.

The Security Council,

Acknowledging that the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators (herein "the Confederation") has previously identified as a fascist region, and that critical opinions against the region are understandable;

Resolved, however, that the Confederation has reformed at great lengths to combat fascism and indeed all heinous ideologies;

Noting that the Confederation has broken all its ties to fascist regions;

Pleased that the Confederation's Imperial Council and Imperial Senate stand vocally against fascism;

Admitting that past Confederation transgressions, including frequent and often-unwanted forms of inter-regional communication, ended long ago;

Conceding that, as the Confederation's Founder, Jocospor remains executive and active;

Interpreting this repeal resolution as not just an apology, but an additional denunciation against all those who would seek to subscribe their regional communities to heinous ideologies;

Recognising, thus, that SCR#263 is now effectively redundant, and that the Confederation, having made mistakes, is now committed to advancing the common good of all NationStates, albiet in its unique regional way;

Celebrating with a glass of Monet and Chardin;

Hereby repeals SCR#263 “Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators”.

Co-authored by Shrewllamaland and Depackya.

[Draft last updated 5th Dec 2020]
Last edited by Jocospor on Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:17 pm

Drop the shoutouts in the ‘aware’ clause and I’ll support.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:46 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:Drop the shoutouts in the ‘aware’ clause and I’ll support.

All things considered, thank you for your support.

I must immediately clarify, these are not shoutouts. Each nation appears for the following reason:

• Shrewllamaland: Shrew's stance against heinous ideologies cannot be understated. As a co-author of this resolution, he is committed to combatting fascim and the like. He has authored numerous dispatches which detail explicitly the Confederation's position; these have even been featured by prominent news organisations such as NSToday, which lends towards their credibility. See the following:
    https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1362534
    https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1370952
    https://nationstates.news/ccd-condemns- ... cism/2952/
  • Depackya: Dep's role within CCD is to, effectively, represent me. He serves in my absence, and his diligence in stamping out fascism has been of great help. Often, when I have been away, he has acted as I would and nipped problems in the bud before they can fester. As effectively my No. 1 in all things regional, and as another co-author of this resolution, he deserves recognition.
  • Aeioux: Aeioux is CCD's Discord administrater. He gives up countless hours of his week to stamp out fascism. It's an incredibly vital role and one which Aeioux excels at - I have often considered Discord to be the "dark web" of NationStates, haha. Aeioux is determined to uphold this new course CCD has set itself on.
  • West Heisen: Heisen ("Darth H") is another regular on the Discord, but also our overseer of democratic government. Thanks to his efforts, fascism has not penetrated CCD's government officerships. This involves the tireless screening of nations alongside Aeioux. Darth H's efforts have been absolutely vital; as I have alluded to, I am not always around enough to know who is who, but Darth H makes it his business to ensure CCD is protected.
  • Valerox: Val manages our foreign affairs, so needless to say he has been absolutely crucial in auditing every one of CCD's former/current embassies. No one knows the inter-regional scene like him, and again, he has kept us safe.
  • Khanbaliq Mongolia: Before Aeioux, KM had his job, and did it with distinction.

I absolutely could not have got CCD to where it currently is without these players. These are not mere shoutouts; they are absolutley vital representations of the enormous effort that has been invested to get CCD back on track. As such, they must be stated.
Last edited by Jocospor on Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:50 pm

Eh... Fair enough, you've convinced me.

For now.

I recommend removing the acronym "CCD" and just saying "Confederation of Corrupt Dictators".

EDIT: I just remembered that you guys tried to coup us.
Last edited by Comfed on Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:02 pm

Listen -- I'm really glad y'all are making strides, I am. That being said, it's still too soon. It will be for a while. There was a chance back in January with Kaboomlandia, but we all know the obstacle that got in the way. This just feels a bit too back-patty for me. If you insist on being the author of the repeal, make it as inconspicuous and make as little mention as possible. It doesn't need to be flashy or anything.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:05 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Drop the shoutouts in the ‘aware’ clause and I’ll support.

All things considered, thank you for your support.

I must immediately clarify, these are not shoutouts. Each nation appears for the following reason:

• Shrewllamaland: Shrew's stance against heinous ideologies cannot be understated. As a co-author of this resolution, he is committed to combatting fascim and the like. He has authored numerous dispatches which detail explicitly the Confederation's position; these have even been featured by prominent news organisations such as NSToday, which lends towards their credibility. See the following:
    https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1362534
    https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1370952
    https://nationstates.news/ccd-condemns- ... cism/2952/
  • Depackya: Dep's role within CCD is to, effectively, represent me. He serves in my absence, and his diligence in stamping out fascism has been of great help. Often, when I have been away, he has acted as I would and nipped problems in the bud before they can fester. As effectively my No. 1 in all things regional, and as another co-author of this resolution, he deserves recognition.
  • Aeioux: Aeioux is CCD's Discord administrater. He gives up countless hours of his week to stamp out fascism. It's an incredibly vital role and one which Aeioux excels at - I have often considered Discord to be the "dark web" of NationStates, haha. Aeioux is determined to uphold this new course CCD has set itself on.
  • West Heisen: Heisen ("Darth H") is another regular on the Discord, but also our overseer of democratic government. Thanks to his efforts, fascism has not penetrated CCD's government officerships. This involves the tireless screening of nations alongside Aeioux. Darth H's efforts have been absolutely vital; as I have alluded to, I am not always around enough to know who is who, but Darth H makes it his business to ensure CCD is protected.
  • Valerox: Val manages our foreign affairs, so needless to say he has been absolutely crucial in auditing every one of CCD's former/current embassies. No one knows the inter-regional scene like him, and again, he has kept us safe.
  • Khanbaliq Mongolia: Before Aeioux, KM had his job, and did it with distinction.

I absolutely could not have got CCD to where it currently is without these players. These are not mere shoutouts; they are absolutley vital representations of the enormous effort that has been invested to get CCD back on track. As such, they must be stated.

:roll: just remove all of them, and in fact literally anyone. Just say that nations in CCD oppose fascism. There is no need to provide the name of everyone, no matter their contribution.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Opposed. A resolution attempting to highlight how the CCD has recanted of its past ideology should be written by somebody with little connection to the region itself, rather than its founder (on the basis that they founded the CCD) - equivalent would be the government of a developing African country sending in observers to a local election and then declaring it unanimously free and fair.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:23 pm

Pass.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:48 pm

Honeydewistania wrote: :roll: just remove all of them, and in fact literally anyone. Just say that nations in CCD oppose fascism. There is no need to provide the name of everyone, no matter their contribution.

It's certainly a possibility. I'll take the matter under advisement. Thank you for raising this point Honeydewistania.

Tinhampton wrote:Opposed. A resolution attempting to highlight how the CCD has recanted of its past ideology should be written by somebody with little connection to the region itself, rather than its founder (on the basis that they founded the CCD) - equivalent would be the government of a developing African country sending in observers to a local election and then declaring it unanimously free and fair.

I must strongly disagree - not only does your example seem misleading, you do not acknowledge what is outlined in the resolution. A leader must take responsiblity for the actions of himself and those he leads. There is no joy in any of this for me, contrary to what others might believe. The passing of his resolution will ensure that (a) my humiliation is documented in perpetum and (b) I am constantly reminded of what happened that got me to this point. On the latter, I can promise you it won't be happening again.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Morover wrote:Listen -- I'm really glad y'all are making strides, I am. That being said, it's still too soon. It will be for a while. There was a chance back in January with Kaboomlandia, but we all know the obstacle that got in the way. This just feels a bit too back-patty for me. If you insist on being the author of the repeal, make it as inconspicuous and make as little mention as possible. It doesn't need to be flashy or anything.

Morover, agree with you re "flashy". What I would say is that this resolution needs to be proportionate to the weight which it both carries and represents. Like it or not, CCD's impact on NationStates is well documented, and our curve from "unreformed" to "reformed" has involved many large-scale happenings. I would refer you to my above response to Tinhampton. There's no joy in any of this for me - I'm not trying to pat backs, I'm trying to close chapters. CCD just wants to move on. We are moving on - have been moving on - and we need the WA's help to achieve final closure.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Again, this shouldn't really be authored by you. If you want to repeal it, and just move on, a repeal should be something like this:

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging that the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators has had a long and downtrodden past, ultimately being manifested in the passage of their liberation, Security Council Resolution 263,

Recognizing that, while their prior deeds are inexcusable, they have taken strides to attempt to remedy this past and wish to move on,

Noting that while the offensive use of liberation is acceptable in some cases of extremist ideology, as had been used in the target resolution, the continued presence of such a resolution ultimately results in the fear of invasion getting in the way of further sociopolitical change within the region,

Believing that it is best for the international community to not forgive the Confederation of Corrupt Dictators, but rather facilitate them in their processes of grief and repentance, with full knowledge that such offensive measures can be reinstated in the event of a relapse into darker times,

Hereby repealed Security Council Resolution 263, "Liberate Confederation of Corrupt Dictators."

I ask that you don't use this, but this is the general sentiment it should give off if you so insist on pursuing this; if somebody who has no relation to the CCD wishes to use any part of this, be my guest - no co-author credit necessary. But again, I suggest waiting at least another year. Joco, unless you CTE (which I know you have no plans of), you really have nothing to worry about, and we both know it makes for interesting recruitment for the CCD.
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:18 am

Morover wrote:Again, this shouldn't really be authored by you. If you want to repeal it, and just move on, a repeal should be something like this:

-surprisingly infuriating-

I ask that you don't use this, but this is the general sentiment it should give off if you so insist on pursuing this; if somebody who has no relation to the CCD wishes to use any part of this, be my guest - no co-author credit necessary. But again, I suggest waiting at least another year. Joco, unless you CTE (which I know you have no plans of), you really have nothing to worry about, and we both know it makes for interesting recruitment for the CCD.

Morover, I will be respectful and polite, yet very frank.

As to my authorship, my comments stand above in response to Tinhampton. It is the shepherd's place to take responsibility for his and his flock's actions.

As to your template: I fear the recent commend has inflated your confidence. We have drafted the current resolution for months, first as a private group, then as a region, and so for you to come along here and jot out three paragraphs is simply incensing. Your rendition does not capture the complexities of the situation at all, and does not give credit where credit is due. I reiterate: There is no joy in this for me. But the objective truth is that through my actions, and the actions of my team, CCD has again found its way.

Additionally, the current resolution draft is a sincere appology. Your rendition is just a threat. I do not think such is appropriate.

Your last paragraph is the height of hypocrisy. You left CCD because you resolved that SCR#263 would always get in the way of your own World Assembly ambitions.

SCR#263 does not make for "interesting recruitment" - to say that is, quite honestly, just so insulting, and shows a complete lack of empathy.

Let me be clear: I am not seeking sympathy. But I am seeking objectivity. I fear your biases, including your status as a former CCD nation, are clouding your judgement.
Last edited by Jocospor on Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:54 am

You will need to redraft your current one though, it's not that good.
Jocospor wrote:
Resolved, however, that CCD has reformed its ways and taken great lengths to combat fascism, and indeed all heinous ideologies.

You say 'all heinous ideologies', it seems to be a euphemism for closeted Nazis who tweet stuff like 'Nazi and Communism are BOTH bad!!' since you've also banned communists from the region. I'd suggest saying fascism and Nazism only.

Noting that CCD has broken all its ties to Nazi regions, effectively reducing it to an isolationist state.

Remove the last part, as it pretty much says 'all our friends were Nazis'. And if you remove it I suggest it be combined with another clause, since it'll be only half a sentence.

Aware that prominent CCD nations have repeatedly condemned fascism, including Jocospor, Shrewllamaland, Depackya, Aeioux, West Heisen, Valerox and Khanbaliq Mongolia.

Not only are all the shoutouts unnecessary in supporting your argument, it pulls it down, because who are these people? What have they done? Why should I, a WA voter, care? Why should the WA care? If you're going to do this you must explain how they have condemned fascism, which I also don't recommend as it'll detract from the rest. Just say that the CCD and their members have condemned fascism publicly and banned fascist nations. Easy.

Pleased that CCD's Imperial Senate has just democratically elected HMS NHS, a nation who stands vocally against fascism and whose government has adopted a zero-tolerance policy towards all heinous ideologies.

This is a good example of the above that I suggested, so you can keep this.

Believing any genuine apology to NationStates on behalf of CCD must be issued in CCD's Founder's name.

Unnecessary, especially since you have the next clause.

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:52 pm

A repeal written by someone other than a prominent CCD member would work better. I'm not opposed to this, though it would have to be better written for me to support one written by a prominenet CCD member.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Jocospor wrote:Like it or not, CCD's impact on NationStates is well documented

Get over yourself. CCD is a target to make fun of and that's about it, you don't even rank in the top 100 of impactful regions in NS. You might have a community but you're nothing special, especially to the greater NS world. You've done nothing but moan and whinge, and you're not even top at that. The main documentation is you trying to commend yourselves and trying to repeal the liberation.
Last edited by Drop Your Pants on Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:22 am

This is like Germany, right? The liberation should stay there to prevent it from happening again.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:46 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:This is like Germany, right? The liberation should stay there to prevent it from happening again.

Prevent what from happening again exactly?

I for one fully support repealing the waste of fucking time that are known as offensive liberations. What I will not support is a repeal in which the CCD are made out to be heroes and victims. Perhaps if a neutral third party was to write one, fully detailing exactly what a waste of fucking time the liberation was in the first place, and only that, I would support.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:33 pm

Wayneactia wrote:I for one fully support repealing the waste of fucking time that are known as offensive liberations. What I will not support is a repeal in which the CCD are made out to be heroes and victims. Perhaps if a neutral third party was to write one, fully detailing exactly what a waste of fucking time the liberation was in the first place, and only that, I would support.

I'm not sure the logic of "this was a waste of time, therefore we should waste more time to repeal it" is logic that particularly tracks. :lol:

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Refuge Isle wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:I for one fully support repealing the waste of fucking time that are known as offensive liberations. What I will not support is a repeal in which the CCD are made out to be heroes and victims. Perhaps if a neutral third party was to write one, fully detailing exactly what a waste of fucking time the liberation was in the first place, and only that, I would support.

I'm not sure the logic of "this was a waste of time, therefore we should waste more time to repeal it" is logic that particularly tracks. :lol:

It should be repealed, as it was a waste of time from the very beginning. Badge hunters always want to seem to repeal outdated, or useless resoultions, so why should this one be any different?
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Boda
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 14, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Boda » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:45 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Refuge Isle wrote:I'm not sure the logic of "this was a waste of time, therefore we should waste more time to repeal it" is logic that particularly tracks. :lol:

It should be repealed, as it was a waste of time from the very beginning. Badge hunters always want to seem to repeal outdated, or useless resoultions, so why should this one be any different?

Because it's CCD being CCD.
The Order of the Grey Wardens
In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:17 am

Am I against CCD having a shiny badge? Yes. But this proposal glorifies the CCD.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:01 am

Boda wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:It should be repealed, as it was a waste of time from the very beginning. Badge hunters always want to seem to repeal outdated, or useless resoultions, so why should this one be any different?

Because it's CCD being CCD.

I am guessing taking the three seconds to scroll up and read my previous comment would be asking too much?

wait

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:04 am

We're seriously still doing this?

No. Stop trying to remove your own badge.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Honeydewistania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:04 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:We're seriously still doing this?

Kaboom, you should revive your effort, spare us from this madness

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:06 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:We're seriously still doing this?

Kaboom, you should revive your effort, spare us from this madness

I was about thirty seconds from submitting it the last time before he went and tried to coup a GCR. If I wasn't essentially part of the furniture at this point I'd consider it.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council