NATION

PASSWORD

[Discussion] ACAB as "all X are Y" trolling

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:50 am

Alvecia wrote:
Nova Vandalia wrote:
Because the Anti-Police Movement is real Niche in 2020.

Usage of ACAB in your particular context amongst the general population is, yes.

I disagree, it has been growing day by day. That why these article out there because it has become a common term used in this way and people are taking it to mean what you keep arguing it does instead of taking the time to understand.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 am

Alvecia wrote:
Nova Vandalia wrote:
So we can't use words with more than one meaning because we can't trust the mods to ferret it out? Oof, you must hold them in high regards.

I think you'll fallen back into bad faith again

Thanks and I apologize to New California I get a little riled up.

But allow them to parse out the meaning of other words and phrases and should do the same here, and removed it from an "if you see this report this, to a think about it and then report, and let the mods think about it"
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:51 am

"All forms of modern policing are corrupt and should be abolished" - not rulebreaking.
"All police departments are terrible institutions" - not rulebreaking
"All cops are bastards" - rulebreaking as it attacks all cops as "bastards."

It attacks the people who do police work and many of the players here are police. It riles people up and makes people likely to flame, troll, or post other rulebreaking content. There's a reason why it's banned.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:00 am

Servilis wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I’m not but whatever mate I don’t really care for the opinions of a LibLeft. Especially one who demands special treatment

Yeah and I couldn't care any less about the mundane ramblings of a bootlicker like yourself.

You've just got back from a 1 day ban; going straight on with flaming gets you a *** 3 day ban *** this time.

It's clear that a number of actors in this thread are not posting in good faith, and the thread has gone significantly downhill. I'm therefore locking it, and it will stay that way.

"ACAB" is trolling, and will continue to be punished as such.

Previous

Return to Moderation