NATION

PASSWORD

Card Tips

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
User avatar
Lamar Jacksons
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 21, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Card Tips

Postby Lamar Jacksons » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:44 am

Are there any good card tips that anyone has? I am new and want to get to know the game

User avatar
Tarockanien
Envoy
 
Posts: 201
Founded: May 14, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Tarockanien » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:52 am

My tip would be : dont even begin to start, it´s not worth the time and stress... ;) :) :lol:
Last edited by Tarockanien on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DavanteAdams
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Tarockanien wrote:My tip would be : dont even begin to start, it´s not worth the time and stress... ;) :) :lol:


lol help the guy out

User avatar
Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 444
Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:09 pm

$1. Answer your issues and open the packs when you get them.

#2. Don't junk legendary cards.
The United Republic of Zeritae |[color=003399]Blue[/color]
Social-Democratic asymmetrical federation with good forests and bad factbooks. Not Azania nor Aeritai. Or am I? #CardSov
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
Rojava Free State wrote:Roblox is the only place where you can napalm a group of children and not be a war criminal.
The-Chinese-Federation wrote:Zeritan Revolutionary Front. Damn Nazbols.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.

User avatar
Lamar Jacksons
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Oct 21, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Lamar Jacksons » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:11 pm

Zeritae wrote:$1. Answer your issues and open the packs when you get them.

#2. Don't junk legendary cards.


I know that much.

User avatar
Coffin-Breathe
Minister
 
Posts: 2057
Founded: Nov 22, 2009
Democratic Socialists

Postby Coffin-Breathe » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:24 pm

Don´t fall for the "market value scam". Sell the ones you don´t want to keep for realistic prices (just a little bit above junk value), and buy the ones you want to get at realistic prices (don´t bid on "absurd asks"); look out for "low owner cards", especially series 1 (but also series 2) "dead nations".
Don´t cheat or scam, and be polite on the forum and when tging someone.
Try to find a theme (not already occupied by another player, because you almost have no chance to compete with players collecting and/or farming for two or more years) for a collection, if you like; read the forum, many players announce the kind of cards they´re looking for in there.
And most important of all : never forget, it´s just a game, so don´t get to angry or frustrated and keep your real life going.

User avatar
DavanteAdams
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:54 pm

Coffin-Breathe wrote:Don´t fall for the "market value scam". Sell the ones you don´t want to keep for realistic prices (just a little bit above junk value), and buy the ones you want to get at realistic prices (don´t bid on "absurd asks"); look out for "low owner cards", especially series 1 (but also series 2) "dead nations".
Don´t cheat or scam, and be polite on the forum and when tging someone.
Try to find a theme (not already occupied by another player, because you almost have no chance to compete with players collecting and/or farming for two or more years) for a collection, if you like; read the forum, many players announce the kind of cards they´re looking for in there.
And most important of all : never forget, it´s just a game, so don´t get to angry or frustrated and keep your real life going.


dang

User avatar
Awesome Majesty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jan 13, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Majesty » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:15 am

...
Last edited by Awesome Majesty on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
DavanteAdams
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DavanteAdams » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:22 am

Awesome Majesty wrote:I'm new to this too but I have something to say about cards with few owners being basically valueless. Outside of the 2 or 3 accounts who put junk value bids on every undiscovered card, nobody is trying to buy them it seems, not surprisingly because they are hard to find and keep track of with the NS user interface.

Commons with 1-10 finds and owners are not actively sought by anybody, so if you put a 0.25 sell on a card with 2 owners for example because it is "rare", it will sit there for weeks to months. These cards are almost always used by people to transfer bank from one account to another of theirs and nothing else so they have no intrinsic value otherwise. If you pull one of these cards and underbid the (usually 1 to 4 point) transfer you're just being an annoyance, so it's kind of like why bother? Just junk it or gift it to the person using it for transferring.

Uncommons with few owners don't do anything better than a common can in this regard, but they cost more to gift, so they are even less desirable. If there are no standing bids and the card isn't interesting, it's more junk.

Rares and up, yeah people might want em, but you are still looking at holding the card up for sale for weeks probably.

I basically only hang on to new cards if there is a history of a particular person collecting it or standing bids for it. Unless it's some card that a 1%er transferred 300 bucks on a year ago, that can inflate your collection value temporarily, but that value will blow away in smoke eventually, I wouldn't hang on to those for long if possible. Every point of spendable bank you have is worth 100x any point of value in a particular card, so junking a lot of cards is a good thing usually.


I honestly wish people would not mess with bank transfers

User avatar
ItsMeMomo8
Attaché
 
Posts: 98
Founded: Sep 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:23 am

Awesome Majesty wrote:I'm new to this too but I have something to say about cards with few owners being basically valueless. Outside of the 2 or 3 accounts who put junk value bids on every undiscovered card, nobody is trying to buy them it seems, not surprisingly because they are hard to find and keep track of with the NS user interface.

Commons with 1-10 finds and owners are not actively sought by anybody, so if you put a 0.25 sell on a card with 2 owners for example because it is "rare", it will sit there for weeks to months. These cards are almost always used by people to transfer bank from one account to another of theirs and nothing else so they have no intrinsic value otherwise. If you pull one of these cards and underbid the (usually 1 to 4 point) transfer you're just being an annoyance, so it's kind of like why bother? Just junk it or gift it to the person using it for transferring.

Uncommons with few owners don't do anything better than a common can in this regard, but they cost more to gift, so they are even less desirable. If there are no standing bids and the card isn't interesting, it's more junk.

Rares and up, yeah people might want em, but you are still looking at holding the card up for sale for weeks probably.

I basically only hang on to new cards if there is a history of a particular person collecting it or standing bids for it. Unless it's some card that a 1%er transferred 300 bucks on a year ago, that can inflate your collection value temporarily, but that value will blow away in smoke eventually, I wouldn't hang on to those for long if possible. Every point of spendable bank you have is worth 100x any point of value in a particular card, so junking a lot of cards is a good thing usually.

People buy single and low owner cards for 3.00+ all the time lol
Save the gluck gluck for the nine

User avatar
Awesome Majesty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jan 13, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Majesty » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:50 am

...
Last edited by Awesome Majesty on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ItsMeMomo8
Attaché
 
Posts: 98
Founded: Sep 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby ItsMeMomo8 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:03 am

Awesome Majesty wrote:I've been seriously paying attention to this over the past month momo because as a new trader I had assumed that cards with low numbers in existence would have some value, but I disagree with that assertion now. Virtually all of those sales are transfers and people are not interest in buying them at a higher price in order to transferbecause generally you can find a new one every 3rd pack or so. I've had dozens of low owner commons and a few uncommons up for sale for weeks now at various prices with zero interest in any of them. Decided to start junking them recently.

I just sold 1 for 7.50 the other day and multiple lower owner card for 3.00
Sooo
Save the gluck gluck for the nine

User avatar
DavanteAdams
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby DavanteAdams » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:08 am

ItsMeMomo8 wrote:
Awesome Majesty wrote:I've been seriously paying attention to this over the past month momo because as a new trader I had assumed that cards with low numbers in existence would have some value, but I disagree with that assertion now. Virtually all of those sales are transfers and people are not interest in buying them at a higher price in order to transferbecause generally you can find a new one every 3rd pack or so. I've had dozens of low owner commons and a few uncommons up for sale for weeks now at various prices with zero interest in any of them. Decided to start junking them recently.

I just sold 1 for 7.50 the other day and multiple lower owner card for 3.00
Sooo


yeah but a noob bought it soooooo

User avatar
Awesome Majesty
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 13
Founded: Jan 13, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Majesty » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:29 am

...
Last edited by Awesome Majesty on Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1223
Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 am

Unless you’re farming cards, just junk all uncommons and commons if you don’t have an expanded deck. Then you can save up for the best cards. I’d usually see if my rares/ultrarares have potential buyers. If so I’ll just sell. I usually want furry or kpop cards so I’ll just junk all of my cards if they don’t fall into the category. Unless they’re rare or higher and people wanna buy them.
Twicetagram and JYPe

TBD
Sanghyeok 8)
Luna Amore wrote:
Servilis wrote:ok then what if i bribe the government to be transparent

My boy, you've discovered corruption!
Highest Queen Rarity's Q&A
The Feast of the Cursed Dusk (OPEN)
Song of the Month
Spoiler alert: It's kpop
I don't apologise for using British English. Call me Twice or Jeong by the way.

IN TWICETAGRIA TODAY | Is Cleopatra Moonlight really dead? | 6-year old pegasus accused of stealing beans from a department store



User avatar
9003
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 453
Founded: Oct 25, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby 9003 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:16 am

Any card has a vaule if you can find the right market.

For example I have several bids at JV at 0 owner cards that if you turned it up I'd gladly raise my bid I just can't in any same way search through my 40,000 bids to see that someone listed a card. At my lose this means a large amount of cards that could have vaule go with out being sold.

I don't know any one who buys any and all low owner cards but w lot of the top % traders got there and have the bank to raise their bids if you ask polieitly. If your rude or piss them off good luck. But being nice gets you pretty far and knowing where to list cards gets you further.
proud member of PETZ people for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies

Active member of The cards market place discord

User avatar
Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 359
Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:52 pm

Try building a collection you care about. It's all well and good to have lots of money or deck value, but sometimes the most fun thing to do is work towards a goal. Maybe you want to collect a small group of region-mates; if you're like me, you may like the idea of a theme collection instead. If you want a bigger task, you can do game-created-region collections or rarity collections for a season or two. Since the cards game doesn't have a Big Objective, you have to invent your own — just getting cards and keeping all x-rarity-and-above probably won't be as fun, so give yourself a carrot to chase. For instance, collect cards with carrots! I don't know anyone who does that. :)
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

User avatar
Zunt
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Sep 08, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Zunt » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:08 pm

How do I get more card slots?

User avatar
Giovanniland
Envoy
 
Posts: 292
Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Giovanniland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Zunt wrote:How do I get more card slots?

When you're close or over capacity, you'll see a little "Capacity: x cards. Upgrade..." below the card count of your deck. You can click it and then the value of bank you need to upgrade capacity will be shown.
If you don't have enough bank, you can sell or junk cards you have. If you do, just click the "Do it" button.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giovanniland
Guardian of the West
Speaker of the Hall of Nations of TWP
Trading Card Collector
Giovannilandian Artwork Ministry


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads