NATION

PASSWORD

World of Warcraft

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tahar Joblis
Powerbroker

Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tahar Joblis » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:33 pm

I gave it the free trial when I was living on someone's couch before I could move into a house. I can see how people get hooked, but I'd rather do other things with my time.

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:55 pm

I've currently got three 80s, and am working on my fourth and fifth at the moment. My main's a decently geared (43k unbuffed and about 80% net avoidance) Tauren Warrior, tank specced barring VD or the Twilight Dance Party, where you only need the one tank. The other two are a slightly undergeared hunter and a woefully undergeared priest who's really just there to be my gem whore.

Grave_n_idle wrote:
The REAL Glasers wrote:No, it's because WotLK and TBC made gold ludicrously easy to get.

At high levels, maybe... at level 40, it's still a stretch to get to that new mount.

Bah. Grab a gathering profession and flog a pile or three of mats on the AH. Hell, don't grab one and hock the inevitable pile o' gems you'll get from getting to level 40. Even malachite tends to go for around a gold, and pearls for ten times that. The only excuse for not having a nice pile of money is pure laziness.

Naturality
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Naturality » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:05 pm

Otagia wrote:I've currently got three 80s, and am working on my fourth and fifth at the moment. My main's a decently geared (43k unbuffed and about 80% net avoidance) Tauren Warrior, tank specced barring VD or the Twilight Dance Party, where you only need the one tank. The other two are a slightly undergeared hunter and a woefully undergeared priest who's really just there to be my gem whore.

Grave_n_idle wrote:
The REAL Glasers wrote:No, it's because WotLK and TBC made gold ludicrously easy to get.

At high levels, maybe... at level 40, it's still a stretch to get to that new mount.

Bah. Grab a gathering profession and flog a pile or three of mats on the AH. Hell, don't grab one and hock the inevitable pile o' gems you'll get from getting to level 40. Even malachite tends to go for around a gold, and pearls for ten times that. The only excuse for not having a nice pile of money is pure laziness.

It can also be a lack of knowledge about what sells and how to use the AH. I've known people who vendor mostly anything that's not a blue or purple item. That's a no no! Should AH almost anything white and above (one exception is food and drink that are already vendor sold). Before I learned that I struggled. Now I can make a little toon and by lvl 10 have plenty of gold to buy spacious bags, cover my class training, repairs and lvl 20 and 40 riding and mounts. I do put in moderate amount of effort to gather this stuff.. but if I vendor sold that crap it would take me .. o man I don't know .. 20 times longer to get that amount of gold. I also learned to check merchants out in the world and buy those 1 available recipes and whatever limited mats the vendor sells. Little things you learn over time makes a big difference. Also when at the AH I always check for low lvl blues being sold dirt cheap. Grab it and resell it! :twisted: Can do so very quickly without having to go through long lists , like mats.

Many more little things you can do .. but that would be enough to get someone a nice cushion for a while.

Naturality
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Naturality » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:12 pm

BTW my main is not rich at all .. I just recently saved up enough to get epic flying .. for the first time ever. I don't aspire to be rich, just comfortable lol. But I do really enjoy leveling and making money then. Once I get high level.. meh.

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Not having the knowledge is a symptom of laziness, as it's pretty damn easy to find. ;)

Personally, I like using Auctioneer, as its scans make it a lot easier to accurately price stuff. Mind you, I do a lot of heavy duty auction-whoring on my toons (two miners, two tailors, a blacksmith, a JC, an engineer and a chanter means a lot of stuff I can churn out for easy money), so the lowbie stuff is more a bonus on my end. When I'm bored enough to work at it a little, I make around 3k a week. Not that much, but it keeps me in fish and flasks, and my armor gets repaired. Now only if I'd get bored enough to be able to afford some 264 crafted gear for my Fury set...

Naturality
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Naturality » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:29 pm

Yeah I've seen those in the AH. Nice stuff. I want to start raiding and experiencing that content while getting my char better geared. All I have to do is make it a priority.. but I haven't yet. One day!

Acadzia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Acadzia » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 pm

80 Dwarf Hunter (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... earsighted)
70 Draenei Shaman
70 Night Elf Warrior
70 Night Elf Druid
bunch of other alts.

I still love WoW, but it isn't fun without RL friends to play with, and it isn't a great "pick up and play" game. Kind of a timesink.

FOR THE ALLIANCE!
Last edited by Acadzia on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kingdom of Atlantis in A Modern World. Join us, we rock.

Chandelier
Spokesperson

Founded: May 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Chandelier » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:29 am

I have a Blood Elf priest, somewhere in the upper 50's I think. I've stopped paying for it until I'm done with organic chemistry 2.

Jordaxia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordaxia » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 am

I recently cancelled my account - but I might restart it on cataclysm - I pretty much cycled between lowbie alts anyway, as my main enjoyment from the game came from seeing all the different combinations of characters that I could make - I'd kill for warcraft to have a character creator like city of Heroes. I'd never make it past level 10.
...gorgonopsids.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General